To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Price changes

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Ernie1982
Treebeard

Price changes

Post by Ernie1982 »

Hi

How do the price changes work on FPL? First time I’ve played.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Price changes

Post by Talkie Toaster »

In a nutshell, if enough people transfer a player in then the price will rise by 0.1, and if enough transfer a player out then it will fall by 0.1. Price changes usually take place in the early hours of the morning every day after the season starts.

There are of course a few more complications to it than that, but fortunately there is a handy guide to it all here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=128052

oxxi1234
Wideboy

Post by oxxi1234 »

how quick should we expect a price rise, lets say for popular players like Aubameyang, KDB or Werner?
generally speaking from the past experiences, will the prices stay the same until gw3 begins?

also the rule says "the new players are price protected for 8 days"
so Werner cant increase for 8 days starting from the first GW1 day?

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

oxxi1234 wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 03:08
also the rule says "the new players are price protected for 8 days"
This is when a new player is added to the game, mid season. Werner is eligible for price drops after GW1 deadline.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

oxxi1234 wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 03:08 how quick should we expect a price rise, lets say for popular players like Aubameyang, KDB or Werner?
generally speaking from the past experiences, will the prices stay the same until gw3 begins?
Normally it takes a few days before we start to see changes and we usually see more falls than rises early on. This isn't a normal season though with many popular players not playing in GW1 so it's not clear what is going to happen.
oxxi1234 wrote: 11 Sep 2020, 03:08 also the rule says "the new players are price protected for 8 days"
As ajcairns said, Werner's price can change straight away, but player's which have been added to the game more recently may still be locked for a few days. Callum Wilson's price for example is locked until Sep 16th.

The price prediction sites such as fplstatistics are useful guides to what is going on with individual players, but they're not foolproof, particularly early on in the season when they have to 'learn' what the thresholds are set to and if fpl have tweaked any of the rules.

Nightowl
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: fiso cheap as chips champion 17/18

Post by Nightowl »

First time I've played too guys, prices haven't changed yet are they likely too today ?
Do transfers take place immediately and if I put a player in today does he start scoring today ?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Nightowl wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 10:53 First time I've played too guys, prices haven't changed yet are they likely too today ?
No prices will change until at least the early hours of tomorrow morning, and given its the first GW of the season probably not for another day or two at all. See this thread for details of how price changes work.
Nightowl wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 10:53 Do transfers take place immediately and if I put a player in today does he start scoring today ?
No, transfers made today are effective for the next deadline, so your GW2 team in this instance.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

On the back of this the majority of us plan to get Kev in for Aub after the WHU game but Kev is currently 57% to increase. Bruno 50%. Anyone else got exact funds and praying he holds until Saturday.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

xJosh- wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 09:18 On the back of this the majority of us plan to get Kev in for Aub after the WHU game but Kev is currently 57% to increase. Bruno 50%. Anyone else got exact funds and praying he holds until Saturday.
I was wondering about this since i've seen several people mention that KDB is likely to rise this GW. Which site are you checking the percentage? On FPL Stats they currently have KDB at 71% and Bruno at 64.5%

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The accuracy of the price change sites is going to be patchy at best for the first few weeks (as they admit themselves). More of an indication of who may/may not rise.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/price/

I use this always have. It updates throughout the day. Personally I’ll happily get De Bruyne for Aub if I need to. Appreciate Aub is the best captaincy option but Kevs the best player in the league, creates 4-5 clear chances a game. If 2 of them become assists and he gets a cheeky you’re laughing. I’ll just captain him instead. Leicester regardless of their clean sheet didn’t look anything amazing at the back and the boys are a different beast.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Stemania wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 14:27 The accuracy of the price change sites is going to be patchy at best for the first few weeks (as they admit themselves). More of an indication of who may/may not rise.
Patchy enough for you to risk that 0.1 increase and not be able to get him?

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

xJosh- wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 09:18 On the back of this the majority of us plan to get Kev in for Aub after the WHU game but Kev is currently 57% to increase. Bruno 50%. Anyone else got exact funds and praying he holds until Saturday.
KDB is 0.5 cheaper than Aub at the start. They would both have to rise and fall by 0.3 or more to make the transfer unaffordable wouldn't they?

jack1092
Wideboy

Post by jack1092 »

Would you 100% prefer KDB to Sterling?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

jack1092 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 14:55
I'm going with Sterling this season. Feel he will have a big season, bigger than KDB.

That being said, I might wait a bit longer on ManCity assets myself and trying to get Pulisic in.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

That 0.1 is a big chunk at the start though, it means missing a price point on an upgrade elsewhere. A case of making sure other plans still work I imagine, although we always knew the price changes would be harsh on City and Utd assets.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

With Covid now doesn't it pay to be more patient with transfers instead of chasing rises/falls?

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

so are KDB and Fernandes likely to rise tonight? fplstats has them close but not quite. i'm wondering what fplfix has?

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

14 PL teams have midweek fixtures this week. Will be something to keep in mind while considering early transfers throughout this season.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

jack1092 wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 14:55
Personally as a season holder yes. Sterling can be more explosive of course he can but it also comes here and there and trying to juggle an 11.5m player like that is always tough. Kev in FPL gives exactly what he gives on the pitch. Consistency. What more could you want from someone that will never leave your team. Genuinely last season we were so wasteful yet still scored 100+ prem goals for the third season in a row I’ll add ;) He putso many chances on a plate for players who missed. He could’ve had 30 FPL assists imo (he got 23) coupled with him being on pens. He got 13 goals last season I think? Imagine if he was on pens all year, we could’ve been looking at 20 goals and 23 assists or around that mark.

He’s the best player in the league by a mile, appreciate I am a city fan but I am also a football fan and I’ll gladly say another player is a better player if I think so watching the amount of games I do but I watch him play 90 mins every week. He’s the best midfielder in the world. I’m also slightly drunk and being over enthusiastic right now hahha but what I’m saying is still right

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

johnF wrote: 14 Sep 2020, 14:53
KDB is 0.5 cheaper than Aub at the start. They would both have to rise and fall by 0.3 or more to make the transfer unaffordable wouldn't they?
It is but I have 0 ITB and that 5m is to do Barnes > Greenwood.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Fernandes, Kdb and Gabriel are set to rise today according to FPLS

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

Willian and Bamford both rose last night and Pepe dropped.

Could KDB and Fernandes be protected until their teams have played once? Guess we'll find out tonight.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

eagle224 wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 08:30 Willian and Bamford both rose last night and Pepe dropped.

Could KDB and Fernandes be protected until their teams have played once? Guess we'll find out tonight.
I’ll be absolutely fuming if so because I did Aub > Kev last night on the grounds that he was going up and that even if he didn’t it’s pretty much a certainty to happen before the next GW. Aub was the obvious captain for this week so if he hauls I’ll be livid. Was trying to focus more on the season overall than this next GW.

redcanuck
FISOhead
FS Record: Sky sports Fantasy league Winner 2008-09

Post by redcanuck »

eagle224 wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 08:30 Willian and Bamford both rose last night and Pepe dropped.

I think they should be. It's wrong for players to rise before their team has played a game. I am in the middle of contemplating a wildcard because I want both in my team, along with 3 or 4 others that did not play in GW 1.

But if they are to be protected, surely the FPL would have indicated that, because many teams would have already have taken point hits or activated the wildcard before the price goes up tonight.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

redcanuck wrote: 15 Sep 2020, 16:04

I think they should be. It's wrong for players to rise before their team has played a game.
Why is that wrong? If mass transfers are happening once the season started they should go up in price. I don't expect their prices to be protected.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Well they still haven't changed so what are everyone's thoughts? protected or no?

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

4 drops today, no rises.

Bruno, KDB and Gabriel were all above 102% on FPLS so you can't draw any conclusions from that. It is known from previous years that there is a higher margin for error in the earlier weeks, which you just need to allow for in your planning.

Interestingly, the droppers were largely as predicted by FPLS but Mings at almost -102% didn't drop.

So perhaps there is something to the theory of protection for the GW1 blankers, but it is by no means an established fact (small sample size, and all that), and there is no chance I am counting on it in my transfer plans.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Fuzzy wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 03:26 4 drops today, no rises.

Bruno, KDB and Gabriel were all above 102% on FPLS so you can't draw any conclusions from that. It is known from previous years that there is a higher margin for error in the earlier weeks, which you just need to allow for in your planning.

Interestingly, the droppers were largely as predicted by FPLS but Mings at almost -102% didn't drop.

So perhaps there is something to the theory of protection for the GW1 blankers, but it is by no means an established fact (small sample size, and all that), and there is no chance I am counting on it in my transfer plans.
This is no longer relevant to me as ive already done Aub > Kev due to the price rises however I am very frustrated if that’s the case. The plan was to always hold Aub for this week UNLESS there was a price rise. If they were unable to increase until the GW which the FPLFIX twitter page is strongly hinting I can’t help but feel we should have been told this information. Bit of a joke really.

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

From the official site:-

“ Player Prices

Player prices change during the season dependent on the popularity of the player in the transfer market. Player prices do not change until the season starts.”

So the question is: “The” season or “Their” season. Four teams are yet to play so there’s a good argument to suggest the season hasn’t fully started.

If I really wanted Bruno/KdB etc I’d have done it already but there’s no guarantee they’re not yet active and hence won’t rise.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”