To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gomez

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Gomez

Post by murf »

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
murf wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 17:21
Klopp-o-matic wrote:Gomez was first choice before he was injured and also he can play RB to cover for TAA if the latter is in need for a rest or something.

So he's a good pick.
That was 18 months ago!

He was fully fit in August but Matip got the place. Then when Matip got injured (Octoberish?) Lovren was picked ahead of Gomez.

Yes, Gomez has played well and it is arguably his place to lose but don't be deluded that he is Klopp's favoured CB or that you know what Klopp is thinking on this. I'm not. I don't....
I transferred him in when he come back to the starting eleven and he's record since then is 5,8,5,8,6,6,6. Good value for 5,2 imo.

If he'll be benched you can transfer him out. But I don't think so. He's the fastest CB available in the squad wich help the team to play with a high defence line. Klopp talked about that in the start of the season, that Liverpool would like to play with an extremely high defensive line now when VAR is introduced. They don't play that aggressive nowadays (because they win anyway all the time) but if they would need to, they can do it and Gomez helps them out with that.
The question isn't whether he has proved to e a good pick, it is whether he would be a good pick NOW.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

I hope he is because he is my designated Liverpool defender.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

murf wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 15:13
Klopp-o-matic wrote:
murf wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 17:21
Klopp-o-matic wrote:Gomez was first choice before he was injured and also he can play RB to cover for TAA if the latter is in need for a rest or something.

So he's a good pick.
That was 18 months ago!

He was fully fit in August but Matip got the place. Then when Matip got injured (Octoberish?) Lovren was picked ahead of Gomez.

Yes, Gomez has played well and it is arguably his place to lose but don't be deluded that he is Klopp's favoured CB or that you know what Klopp is thinking on this. I'm not. I don't....
I transferred him in when he come back to the starting eleven and he's record since then is 5,8,5,8,6,6,6. Good value for 5,2 imo.

If he'll be benched you can transfer him out. But I don't think so. He's the fastest CB available in the squad wich help the team to play with a high defence line. Klopp talked about that in the start of the season, that Liverpool would like to play with an extremely high defensive line now when VAR is introduced. They don't play that aggressive nowadays (because they win anyway all the time) but if they would need to, they can do it and Gomez helps them out with that.
The question isn't whether he has proved to e a good pick, it is whether he would be a good pick NOW.
He's a cheap way to get CS from Liverpool. If you want to add attacking returns then all other defenders in Liverpool is better pics but also more expensive. Anyway, he will play untill something happens (injuries etc).

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

If you want attacking returns you go for Trent.
If you are hoping for attacking returns you go for Robertson.
If you are okay with the occasional attacking returns you go for Van Dijk.
Otherwise you go for Gomez.

Feels like I'm coding a script here :lol:

Anyway I think Gomez is outscoring Robertson if you start counting when Gomez returned to the 11.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Robertson's return could be affected further if Mane is out for any period of time as they link up a lot.
TAA tends to link less with Salah on t'other side, getting more from crosses to whoever and linking back to Henderson/whoever.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Zimmerman wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 13:42 Apropos of nothing....

Since signing van Dijk, Liverpool have had 102 CL and PL games

Van Dijk started 97

CB partners in that time
Matip x 38
Lovren x 37
Gomez x 20

He hasn’t played more than 8 games in a row with the same partner

Matip x 8
Matip x 7
Lovren x 7
Lovren x 5
Gomez x 6
Gomez x 5

The six longest sequences managed.
Gomez now on an 8 game partnership

murf wrote: 14 Jan 2020, 13:53 Just thought Matip had longer runs (end of 18/19 and start of 19/20 (after early 'rotation'))
Matip would have had a 12 game run, but VvD was suspended for a game part way through.

Gunning4Glory
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 786

Post by Gunning4Glory »

I've gone for Aurier over Gomez, purely for the attacking ability... potential to score a lot more points. Gomez is very good, but doesn't have a goal threat. Aurier gets assists

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”