To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Our Kevin

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: Our Kevin

Post by raoul »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 22:30 Sounds like it's only going to be one game out.

Guardiola:
"It is not serious but he couldn't play today. We'll see for Sunday - right now I don't know. We're going to see if we take a risk. I think he will be fit after the international break."
common sense says that Wolves at home, and an IB coming, KdB rests. But then this is Pep so who knows.

Anyone know if he is training with the team?

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Post by johnjoe107 »

If Pep says KDB isn’t playing on Sunday, is it best to sub him or transfer him bringing him back after the international break?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Depends on how much value you have tied up in him, if/when you plan to wildcard, how many free transfers you have etc.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Sutter Kane wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 08:29
Blue Fire wrote: 02 Oct 2019, 17:30 Had to take a call between Tomori and Soyuncu this week. Guess that's taken care of now
Why would you choose to play Soyu at Liverpool anyway?! Leicester aren't that good!

With regards KDB injury, hopefully this doesn't turn into a Martial type situation.
Lundstram, not Soyuncu. My bad
Last edited by Blue Fire on 05 Oct 2019, 04:08, edited 1 time in total.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

I'm just leaving him and banking this week's transfer in case I need to think about selling him after the international break.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

City at home to 15th place Wolves... without KDB.

0.28 xG after 45mins. :shock:

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Mav3rick wrote:I'm just leaving him and banking this week's transfer in case I need to think about selling him after the international break.
Same

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Pep:

Kevin is back, John trained well the last two days, Mendy as well.

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

KDB

Post by germainelefoe »

Is he back to playing a deeper lying role again for City? He's quite clearly a world class player no matter where he is on the pitch but the deep role does not bode well for FPL points. The start of the 17/18 season proved that when Pep used him that way. With Rodrigo injured and Fernandinho playing makeshift CB it is likely he is used in this way for a bit imo. Classically for this position on Saturday he assisted the assister for the first City goal.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

'deeper' when discussing kdb and city has to be taken in context

What's deep for City won't be very deep, plus playing 'deeper' allows him to spray his passes about

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

Billy Bongo wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 11:52 'deeper' when discussing kdb and city has to be taken in context

What's deep for City won't be very deep, plus playing 'deeper' allows him to spray his passes about

Dear old Sigmund would have had a field day with you Bongo...

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Billy Bongo wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 11:52 'deeper' when discussing kdb and city has to be taken in context

Spraying passes to the wings etc isn't any use in FPL. Great in TFF where (2nd) Key Contributions are rewarded but in FPL you get nothing for assisting the assister.

Sometimes he will directly assist the goalscorer but surely less so when he is deep.

[apologies for not managing to insert anything to make a deep gag, deliberate or Freudian]

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

It was complete muck for FPL points at the start of 17/18 and was complete muck for FPL points on Saturday when imo he was in this role (and City were pushing hard).

Perhaps the David Silva injury will mean he goes back to playing there where he excels at double digit hauls. Perhaps Phil Foden will get that position for a few games?

Tempted to go anti template and go KDB out. If this is all true its a good time for it imo.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

From his heat map... he was largely in the opposition half (quite wide) occupying the area between the halfway line and the box; the exact area where I suspect he whips his crosses in from.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Re: KDB

Post by Stu255 »

germainelefoe wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 00:02 Is he back to playing a deeper lying role again for City? He's quite clearly a world class player no matter where he is on the pitch but the deep role does not bode well for FPL points. The start of the 17/18 season proved that when Pep used him that way. With Rodrigo injured and Fernandinho playing makeshift CB it is likely he is used in this way for a bit imo. Classically for this position on Saturday he assisted the assister for the first City goal.
Touch heat maps and average position both have KDB in a more advanced field position in GW11 than either GW1-10 or GW9-10.

No, is the answer to your question. Or "not yet".

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Fpl managers panicking because he hasn't had 45 assists in last 2 games

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Billy Bongo wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 18:52 Fpl managers panicking because he hasn't had 45 assists in last 2 games
Basically.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Ironfist wrote:

Dear old Sigmund would have had a field day with you Bongo...
Image the deeper Kevin goes, the more he sprays Image

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Hahaha :lol:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

I'm sure Pep is gushing with praise

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 22:00 I'm sure Pep is gushing with praise
Lets hope he don't flop now with all this added pressure

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Anybody thinking that KDB can be moved out for a little bit after GW26?

I kept Mane this week and one of the main reasons is because I think over the next month I'd rather lose KDB than Mane.

After GW26 KDB has

22nd Feb GW27 Leicester away
26th Feb CL Real Madrid away
GW28 blank / CC Final v Villa
3rd March FA Cup v Sheff Wed away (probably wont play anyway)
8th March GW29 United away
14th March GW30 Burnley home
17th March Real CL Madrid home
21st March GW31 Chelsea away (likely to be a blank GW)

So, just one home game, one confirmed blank, one likely blank, and away games at Leicester and United.

He's the best player in the league and 2nd highest scorer in the game but even so, the above doesn't look like he's a must have. I've had him in/out of my team a few times this season so no real value tied up in him, crazy to move him out for a month or so?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Good question Gambit. I do have value tied up in him but chasing. Was looking for ways to get Vardy back while keeping Auba, maybe this is it?

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

I've got too much value (I'd lose .6m atm) in him to dump when I know I'm going to want him back for 33 onwards
I'd probably still expect 3 -4 returns in the 5 games between 27-32

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 11:49 Good question Gambit. I do have value tied up in him but chasing. Was looking for ways to get Vardy back while keeping Auba, maybe this is it?
loads selling Vardy but from GW27 it's:

Vardy H v City / KDB A v Leicester
Vardy A v Norwich / KDB blank
Vardy H v Villa / KDB A v United
Vardy A v Watford / KDB H v Burnley
Vardy H v Brighton / KDB A v Chelsea (both could blank)
Vardy A v Everton / KDB H v Liverpool

Who do you think scores more, and that's who you should go with. I'm backing Vardy (and Mane) so will likely sell KDB after GW26.

EastvilleIMP
Treebeard

Post by EastvilleIMP »

I’m considering KDB out this week to bring PEA for a nice looking run of fixtures!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

EastvilleIMP wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 20:26 I’m considering KDB out this week to bring PEA for a nice looking run of fixtures!
Watch the Arsenal highlights before you do and id not be getting rid of KDB before his easiest game of the season

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

EastvilleIMP wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 20:26 I’m considering KDB out this week to bring PEA for a nice looking run of fixtures!
that's a week early for me as West Ham are garbage, but after that then yes I'm fairly set on getting rid for a few weeks.

City look a busted flush in the league with Pep already taking about how he'll be judged against his CL record I can see the focus switching to the CL and the two cups. Can't see huge hauls v Leicester & United (4 and 1 in the reverse fixtures) and throw in the two blanks in five GW's and I'm struggling to see a reason to keep, especially as I only have 0.2 (I think) invested in him.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

There seems to be a malaise at City at the moment. KDB could have had returns today though despite a quiet game; and then playing with a man down.
I’m telling myself this as I have £1.1m value tied up in him so selling would be a big move!

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I’ve had KDB since the very beginning (£9.5m). Not looking to shift him.

I can see why some would move him, but I don’t really see the benefit of moving big players with value, just because of a blank. A blank means a DGW later.

Would rather keep hold for the +£0.6m, the FT and the DGW. Than try and find a better 1 week return.

Vardy is looking like a lame duck, even though all the models still back him. What’s going on there?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”