To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Moura Impacting Kane

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Moura Impacting Kane

Post by Zimmerman »

A few times it has cropped up about Moura's involvement being detrimental to Kane's role (and points returns).

It was seemingly evident early on last season, but unclear if that lasted all season.

Have been looking at their games together. [would be great to map on the points accrued for these games if someone can assist with that data]

Obviously you can read in to the data what you want (and there are probably other factors at play (like international travel and suspensions) that i haven't looked at. But my hunch was that Kane, Alli and Son are the main offensive picks (Eriksen is a given too) and Moura is backup. Which seems obvious?

My gut instinct was (and is) that Moura is not nailed on first choice.
Arguably Poch doesn't entirely trust him / Poch likes an alternative approach in the bigger games.
Obvious caveat is that there are always going to be injuries?

Here are some basic musings;

25 biggest games
Moura was sub in 10 of those
In the 13 he started - only 4 times were all four in the match day squad.

Kane started 19/19 he was available
Alli 15/16
Son 18/22
Moura 13/23

Spurs played 58 games
Kane and Moura started 21 together (all comps)
Only 10 of those 21 games were all four available for selection

Over the whole season, only 22 games were all four available
Moura started 13/22
Only 1/22 did Poch start all four.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Moura Impacting Kane

Post by Zimmerman »

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Starting with Moura (17): 5.52ppg
Without Moura starting (10): 6.5ppg

Without Moura includes 5 games against top 6 opponents.
With Moura includes 4 games against top 6 opponents

7 of Kanes 11 highest hauls came in games WITH Moura starting
Although only 2 of his highest 4

Everton (a) 15 Moura sub
Huddersfield (a) 13 Moura started
Southampton (h) 12 Moura started
Cardiff (a) 12 Moura benched
United (a) 10 Moura started

Surprisingly Kane only managed double digits 5 times (is it surprising... i don't usually spend too much time looking at FPL data).

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Zimmerman wrote: 06 Jul 2019, 11:19 Starting with Moura (17): 5.52ppg
Without Moura starting (10): 6.5ppg

Without Moura includes 5 games against top 6 opponents.
With Moura includes 4 games against top 6 opponents

7 of Kanes 11 highest hauls came in games WITH Moura starting
Although only 2 of his highest 4

Everton (a) 15 Moura sub
Huddersfield (a) 13 Moura started
Southampton (h) 12 Moura started
Cardiff (a) 12 Moura benched
United (a) 10 Moura started

Surprisingly Kane only managed double digits 5 times (is it surprising... i don't usually spend too much time looking at FPL data).

Thanks Zimmerman. This is intresting and very useful. Certainly when watching the games as a spurs fan I feel that Moura seems to be the one making the runs into the box as he is a bit quicker than Kane. There is the VAR effect too , not sure if VAR will mean more.pens ( I think somone on ffs dispelled that myth) but he could benefit there too. Hoping Nbmobele will mean Poch has more confidence in the defensive aspect of our midfield now so it releases Kane a bit as he often dropped deep. I'm struggling to see past sterling so no room for Kane but I'm not comfortable with it. Problem for me is if he does start slow then at what point do you release him. Them Kane handcuffs can really cost you as a few of us found out a couple of season ago.

I do think Moura will spend time on the bench but he really is a very good player and with the first 2 games in his own hands it is his to lose. When he's on form he plays imo but prone to being dropped or rested so the risk is there. I think Moura is the ultimate punt which I may look at just because he's a novelty FPL player for me. Potentially gold, from the team I support and great to watch

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I started looking at this, as I’m trying to find a reason not to pick Kane.

The best I can muster is swapping him out for Aubameyang game by game (for the first few games)... but I’m also thinking of swerving Mane/Salah for a few games. But I’m not a fan of too many planned moves because an event is bound to screw that plan up (not to mention a bargain appearing out the pack).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Zimmerman wrote: 07 Jul 2019, 10:17 I’m trying to find a reason not to pick Kane.
Yep I had that too, and the only reason us that he doesn't score in August unless playing a Club that he always scores against 😉

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Zimmerman wrote: 07 Jul 2019, 10:17 I started looking at this, as I’m trying to find a reason not to pick Kane.

The best I can muster is swapping him out for Aubameyang game by game (for the first few games)... but I’m also thinking of swerving Mane/Salah for a few games. But I’m not a fan of too many planned moves because an event is bound to screw that plan up (not to mention a bargain appearing out the pack).

Sterling is mine :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”