To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

18/19 Self Reflection

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SuperGrover
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 18/19 Self Reflection

Post by SuperGrover »

Second best season for me but feels so empty as I was 132nd after GW20 but couldn't even manage to finish in top 2,500. Should be happy, but I was better than my final rank in all but three game weeks after GW 4. Frustrating.

High Points:
1. Being in top 50 for first time ever and top 100 nearly halfway through (GW18)
2. Luke Shaw not traveling with Man U. in GW38 forcing a hit to allow Laporte and Redmond to come in (was at 3 Saints prior to bringing in Laporte). Would have finished 4th in two pay leagues instead of 2nd. Huge swing.
3. Being all over Doherty on GW5 WC.

Low Points:
1. Digne eff me over with RC, OGs, and a massive road haul as first sub. Total troll.
2. Sane as DGW captain paired with Aguero getting hurt as DGW TC later. Just brutal.
3. Making some truly poor 50/50 transfers last 12 GWs: Ings v Rodon, Hazard v Sterling, Vardy v Lacazette specifically.
4. Completely wasting my FH in GW34. Could have played my previous team and done just as well.

Lessons learned:

1. While message board and Twitter information can be very useful, don't freak out over simple rumors. I lost 12 points due to not captaining Aguero in GW2 due to a stupid rumor. Completely my fault for being so gullible. At least I didn't do the same with Mane's training absence in GW34.
2. Be better prepared for contingencies. The Kane injury really scuttled my plans and I wasn't well prepared for it. Resulted in some poor choices down the stretch which limited upward mobility from some of my strong performances. Need to do better.
3. Fitness is a skill. Players who are chronically unfit are unlikely to go on long runs of fitness. Believing in Danny Ings cost me at least 20 points over the season.
4. Stick with your model, whatever that may be. While it was a one off, I decided to start AWB instead of Doherty in GW8 because of a feel even though everything told me to play Doherty. Cost myself 13 points. Stupid.
5. Be cognizant of position changes, but be aware of sample size issues. Hazard as a false-9 initially did well FPL-wise, but his underlying numbers were awful.
6. Have an understanding of how team injuries impact positioning. Pogba is a good example, but there are others as well (JWP, Eriksen, Alli). Understand the shape of the team and how the overall health of the team impacts FPL assets.
7. Attacking defenders are worth their weight in gold. Had never gone with two premium defenders before this season. Will be much more likely to spend on defence than before.
8. No matter what it is still a bloody good time. Cannot express how much fun it is to play FPL seriously.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”