To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Wildcard GW33

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Wildcard GW33

Post by Tall Paul »

Anyone else wildcarding this week? If so, this is the thread for you.

My current draft is looking like this:
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Wildcard GW33

Post by Oxford NZ »

Just playing devils advocate TP, No Aubameyang in your WC and is it time to use Pogba's money to better use ? I don't have the answers btw but they are questions I am asking myself this week.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Oxford NZ wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 08:07 Just playing devils advocate TP, No Aubameyang in your WC and is it time to use Pogba's money to better use ? I don't have the answers btw but they are questions I am asking myself this week.
I'm planning to bring Aubameyang in for Vardy before GW35 and will probably triple captain him.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Oxford NZ wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 08:07 Just playing devils advocate TP, No Aubameyang in your WC and is it time to use Pogba's money to better use ? I don't have the answers btw but they are questions I am asking myself this week.
Good question this.

Im also thinking of getting rid of pogba ( and my other man utd assests), there talks of him playing a deeper role and we also have some tough fixtures coming up.
The way we played at home to Watford was far from convincing and i think its going to be a scrappy end for us till the end of the season, where ole can then bring in his own players.

We need the likes of a Varane, Kroos, sancho For next season

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Tall Paul wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 08:28
I'm planning to bring Aubameyang in for Vardy before GW35 and will probably triple captain him.
Would you not prefer Ederson instead of Kepa ?
I think chelsea are pants this season

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Haven't heard many mention this tactic - is there much of a reasoning behind it in your case?

Also interesting that you've gone Spurs-less so far. Playing an already relegated Huddersfield in GW34 then a double in GW35 (albeit with one of those games being against City).

I'm also not sure if Pogba's still living up to his value any more. Barring a haul against Wolves I doubt he'll be in my team for the rest of the season.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Stevieste wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 09:51
Tall Paul wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 08:28
Would you not prefer Ederson instead of Kepa ?
I think chelsea are pants this season
Kepa is mainly in for his Gw33. Ryan will play Brighton's two doubles in 34 and 35 along with their home game against Newcastle in 36 before making way for Kepa again.
Bixer wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 10:56 Haven't heard many mention this tactic - is there much of a reasoning behind it in your case?

Also interesting that you've gone Spurs-less so far. Playing an already relegated Huddersfield in GW34 then a double in GW35 (albeit with one of those games being against City).

I'm also not sure if Pogba's still living up to his value any more. Barring a haul against Wolves I doubt he'll be in my team for the rest of the season.
I just think it suited the way my squad was set up going into the blanks and doubles. It's going to enable me to get a full team out in the blank 33 and at least six doublers in 35 along with Liverpool and Bournemouth players for their plum fixtures that week.

I've avoided Spurs players as they seem to be hopelessly out of form at the moment. Maybe I could go for Son or Eriksen instead of Pogba, but I do quite like Man Utd's fixtures to the end of the season with four of their last six at Old Trafford. Tottenham's fixtures look great, but I'm not sure if they'll need time to adapt to the new stadium and they're not in form, as I said.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Bixer wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 10:56Haven't heard many mention this tactic - is there much of a reasoning behind it in your case?
It's a great week to WC if you have both BB and TC left and plan ahead 2/3 weeks because it doesn't mess up any of your other chips. Also allows cheap bench fodder to be locked in in preparation for this short week in order to offer coverage for any missing big guns.

Bixer wrote: 01 Apr 2019, 10:56I'm also not sure if Pogba's still living up to his value any more. Barring a haul against Wolves I doubt he'll be in my team for the rest of the season.
A post from one of the members on FFS: "Real Pogba has come out - he had a good run after Mou as he basically rested the whole season he was fresh and fully fit! Now he's played a few games he's back to the average overrated Mid!"

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Haven't spend much time yet but 1st draft is along the lines of

Leno-Ryan
Robertson - TAA- Duffy - Valery - Kolasinac
Hazard - Mane - Camarasa - Sterling - Fraser
Aubameyang - Wilson - Ings

I am pretty confident this is not where I will land. Ings will leave for a player with better GW33. Then I'll make a double switch in GW34 of Hazard/3rd Spot Att to Kane and Deulofeu/Jota'ish.

I am on BB in GW35 btw.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Time to rethink the inclusion of Pogba.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Tall Paul wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 22:12 Time to rethink the inclusion of Pogba.
I am thinking Pogba to Mane and have Stirling on my bench for GW33. I see you all ready have Mane but do you have the cash for Pogba to Sterling?

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

I'm on my WC atm too and Pogba is not in there... very low VFM and has been given far too much credit for what he delivered.
Son is out too, as well as Salah.
It's the juggling of the medium and low-heavy weights that'll do the trick.

87AK
Kevin and Perry

Post by 87AK »

Pulled the trigger and looking at this line up. Might have a bit of a play around to bring in Vardy. Really hoping Odoi makes an impression against Cardiff and can bank some extra game time coming into the end of the season.

Leno, Ryan
Schar, Robertson, TAA, Kolasinac, Valery
Hazard, Mane, Alli, Fraser, Odoi
Aubameyang, Aguero, Rondon.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

87AK wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 16:15 Pulled the trigger and looking at this line up. Might have a bit of a play around to bring in Vardy. Really hoping Odoi makes an impression against Cardiff and can bank some extra game time coming into the end of the season.

Leno, Ryan
Schar, Robertson, TAA, Kolasinac, Valery
Hazard, Mane, Alli, Fraser, Odoi
Aubameyang, Aguero, Rondon.
I quite like the look of that lineup

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Oxford NZ wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 03:17
Tall Paul wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 22:12 Time to rethink the inclusion of Pogba.
I am thinking Pogba to Mane and have Stirling on my bench for GW33. I see you all ready have Mane but do you have the cash for Pogba to Sterling?
No I don't.

KDB looked pretty good tonight, might see if I can find a way to get him in.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Tall Paul wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 21:46 KDB looked pretty good tonight, might see if I can find a way to get him in.
Now there's an interesting idea.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Had a bit of a play around and come up with:

Leno, Ryan
Robertson, TAA, Chilwell, Kolasinac, Duffy
Hazard, Mane, Son, Fraser, McNeil
Aubameyang, Vardy, Murray

With Hazard :arrow: KDB pencilled in for GW 34 and Vardy :arrow: Aguero (or another DGW striker) in GW 35. Would give me seven doublers in 35 along with three Liverpool v Cardiff and Fraser at home to Fulham.

I could downgrade Aubameyang to Lacazette, which would enable me to bring in Kane for Vardy and I could do that a week early for -4 to get his game at home to Huddersfield.

87AK
Kevin and Perry

Post by 87AK »

Tall Paul wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 22:43 Had a bit of a play around and come up with:

Leno, Ryan

With Hazard :arrow: KDB pencilled in for GW 34 and Vardy :arrow: Aguero (or another DGW striker) in GW 35. Would give me seven doublers in 35 along with three Liverpool v Cardiff and Fraser at home to Fulham.

I could downgrade Aubameyang to Lacazette, which would enable me to bring in Kane for Vardy and I could do that a week early for -4 to get his game at home to Huddersfield.
Are you planning to triple captain or bench boost into GW35?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

87AK wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 11:37
Tall Paul wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 22:43 Had a bit of a play around and come up with:

Leno, Ryan

Are you planning to triple captain or bench boost into GW35?
Triple captain, I used my bench boost this week.

87AK
Kevin and Perry

Post by 87AK »

Done some playing around to get more players out in GW35 where i'll be bench boosting, and allow for funds to bring Aguero back in.

Leno, Ryan
Robertson, TAA, Kolasinac, Duffy, Valery
Hazard, Mane, Son, Hughes, Fraser
Aubameyang, Vardy, Rondon.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

I'm in! First draft;

Leno, Ryan
TAA, Kolasinac, Chilwell, Valery, Dunk
Hazard, Mane, Son, Brooks, Ward-Prowse
Aubameyang, Vardy, Rondon

Money in the bank to do Vardy to either Kane or Aguero in time for DGW35.

Only thing I'm not currently sure on is the 5th defender, and whether to go Son or Alli.

EDIT- may do Rondon to Deeney for 35 too, but needed a starter this week in that spot for now.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Having seen an article about Everton's stats over the last few games, I want to get Sigurdsson in so new draft:

Leno, Ryan
Hazard, Mane, Sigurdsson, Fraser, McNeil
Kane, Vardy, King

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Fell a sleep while putting the oldest child to sleep. Woke up exactly on deadline so didnt get the chance to do a final review

Leno Ryan
TAA Robertson Kolasinac Valery Duffy
Hazard Mane FraserJWP Camarasa
Auba Vardy Wilson

GL to all of you!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”