To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 31-38 without WC

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: GW 31-38 without WC

Post by SirMattBugsby »

I tend to agree with TF. Kane was a bit of a dilemma for me: couldn't make up my mind how to get him, and I might have taken a -8, even with 2 FTs. Now, I'll probably leave my forward line unchanged.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

I think if (like me) you have used your wildcard it is important to consider all transfers carefully.

Hits are tempting but don't get caught up trying to match all the picks wildcarder's are targeting. Some will do well, some will fail. Go with whoever you feel is most likely to succeed but don't choose players on fixtures alone.

Liverpool, Leicester and Hazard are arguably worth holding onto if we are short on transfers and could prove great differentials against those wildcarding them out. Some doublers won't play every game. Consider all fixtures for the players you take out not just 34/35.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

For those who have BB left, when are you guys planning to use it? Can't have a bench of DGWers (unless you already have 11 of them, in which case, kudos).

I'm considering using it this week, mainly because I have 2 FTs, my eleven is largely settled and I can upgrade Boruc->Lloris. I can then focus on having a decent 11 (rather than 15) for DGW 35 and thus reduce my hits.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Pulpy wrote:I think if (like me) you have used your wildcard it is important to consider all transfers carefully.

Hits are tempting but don't get caught up trying to match all the picks wildcarder's are targeting. Some will do well, some will fail. Go with whoever you feel is most likely to succeed but don't choose players on fixtures alone.

Liverpool, Leicester and Hazard are arguably worth holding onto if we are short on transfers and could prove great differentials against those wildcarding them out. Some doublers won't play every game. Consider all fixtures for the players you take out not just 34/35.
Agreed. Not having a WC can be a blessing in disguise, simply because we'll have to rein in the impulse to get DGWers in the team.

Will you be keeping Hazard though? Hazard->Son seems a no-brainer to me..

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I dont have a WC but I'm basically just going for -4s and doing it regardless but being careful about certain -4s. I made the very unfortunate error of doing Aguero > Kane Monday night as Kane was set to rise and Aguero to drop so thats either a -4 reversal or get Aub.

The question is which ones do I do this week.

Heres my team currently

Ryan
Robertson, TAA, Kolasinac, Jonny
Son, Pogba, Sterling, Mane
Kane, King

Boruc, Yedlin, Maitland-Niles, Kamara (ON LOAN)

I might as well do certain transfers this week in prep for the double anyway where I'm using my BB, the ones that I'd play anyway. For example:

I want to do
Kane > Aub
Kamara > Jiminez
Pogba > Jota
Boruc > Foster
Kolasinac > Trippier
Maitland-Niles > Lucas Moura

This leaves me with

Foster
Robertson, TAA, Trippier, Jonny
Son, Jota, Sterling, Mane
Aub, Jiminez

Ryan, King, Lucas M, Yedlin

1.4 itb

Kane > Aub/Aguero is a must but what else do we think? Concerned Trippier will be rotated so not worth a hit? Also concerned Son might not play so do I do Kamara > Jiminez to be safe? Is that worth a -4?

Why did I use my WC.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

xJosh- wrote:

Heres my team currently

Ryan
Kane, King

I might as well do certain transfers this week in prep for the double anyway where I'm using my BB, the ones that I'd play anyway. For example:

I want to do
Kane > Aub
Kamara > Jiminez
Pogba > Jota
Boruc > Foster
Kolasinac > Trippier

This leaves me with

Foster
Aub, Jiminez

1.4 itb
How many of these transfers are really needed? For example, Pogba and Kolasinac have a DGW too. Moura could turn out to be as useless as Niles.

You can easily leave out the Pogba and Kolasinac transfers and instead do Boruc->Lloris.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 16:08
xJosh- wrote:

Heres my team currently

Ryan
Kane, King

I want to do
Kane > Aub
Kamara > Jiminez
Pogba > Jota
Boruc > Foster
Kolasinac > Trippier

This leaves me with

Foster
Aub, Jiminez

1.4 itb
How many of these transfers are really needed? For example, Pogba and Kolasinac have a DGW too. Moura could turn out to be as useless as Niles.

You can easily leave out the Pogba and Kolasinac transfers and instead do Boruc->Lloris.

Yeah to be honest that’s exactly right and also what I’m getting at. Which of the planned transfers do we think are necessary and especially before this coming gameweek let alone the double.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

With no WC, I'm trying to look further than 35 and only make transfers for long-term. I'm also trying not to buy players from lower teams just because of a DGW, unless I want them after 35 as well.

So, with my 2 FTs, I've gotten Son(vc) and Duffy(c). No Brighton double-up, no Spurs double-up, no Southampton player, no Deeney or Jota for 35. I'll take a -12 in 35 to have 10 doublers and my bench will (probably) be:

Etheridge (LIV), Duffy (wol+tot), Fraser (FUL), TAA (car)

Good luck non-WCers! Remember, you don't need one

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 11 Apr 2019, 16:08
xJosh- wrote:

Heres my team currently

Ryan
Kane, King

I want to do
Kane > Aub
Kamara > Jiminez
Pogba > Jota
Boruc > Foster
Kolasinac > Trippier

This leaves me with

Foster
Aub, Jiminez

1.4 itb

Well let’s hope Maitland-Nile’s scores a hat trick now 😂

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

How we doing guys? WC backfired for some managers (well, for 1 GW anyway). Wilson, Vardy, wan-Bissaka etc still going strong.

Surely we've dealt okay? I'm actually regretting choosing some WC popular choices like Duffy (got him in for AWB).

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Doing ok in 2nd place in the non wildcarder's mini league. Wish I'd not taken some of the hits to chase the doublers as the players I removed have done as well or better than those they replaced. I think I need more City players for next week.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Pulpy wrote:Doing ok in 2nd place in the non wildcarder's mini league. Wish I'd not taken some of the hits to chase the doublers as the players I removed have done as well or better than those they replaced. I think I need more City players for next week.
Hmm I think we should have entered the chips league instead of forming our own. There's no way to compare right now other than manually..

Yeah, agree regarding hits taken to get doublers. I didn't take a hit in 34, got Son and Duffy, both disappointed.

Then in 35, did Vardy, Barnes, Pogba-> Aguero, Jimenez, KdB(c) (-8). Both Vardy and Barnes scored, Kevin sad story Image

Now I'm thinking if I've got the wrong players: Aguero/Jimenez/Fraser instead of Sterling/Jota/Wilson.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”