To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Playing GW31

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Re: Playing GW31

Post by johnjoe107 »

I can field a team of 10 in GW31 with Pogba, Rashford and Aguero on the bench and as a result, my team won't be that strong on paper. I can't decide whether or not to use my free hit chip or would it be wiser to use it in another GW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 12:06 Yep. To all intents and purposes it will be ful CAR if City get past Swansea. I don't see DGW32 as being an especially high rotation risk for them either as long as they don't draw United in the FAC SF. But it is also fairly likely that Chelsea will have a tidy DGW32 of car BHA, also without a great deal of rotation pressure. That could provide a feasible TC option as well.
Not having any Chelsea players now upsets me.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

As someone currently with no City players, part of the attraction of fh32 is being able to load up with 3 of them for that week without having to carry them all through the two blanks or use hits to put them in and out. That alone could well be worth more for my team than the tc on one player.

On the other hand, I do realise that it is possible to do both (play tc and own 3 city players), and pre-loading with City players this week could also be a better play. But it puts a big constraint on budget and transfers in a way that a one week FH doesn't.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

xJosh- wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 11:43 If City get an "Easy" FA cup draw...
AGAIN you mean?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Bobby Fetta wrote: As someone currently with no City players, part of the attraction of fh32 is being able to load up with 3 of them for that week without having to carry them all through the two blanks or use hits to put them in and out. That alone could well be worth more for my team than the tc on one player.

On the other hand, I do realise that it is possible to do both (play tc and own 3 city players), and pre-loading with City players this week could also be a better play. But it puts a big constraint on budget and transfers in a way that a one week FH doesn't.
I have just the one (Sterling), who I will captain this week and carry through GW31. With 2 FTs in GW32 I'll be able to add a couple more if I see it to be advantageous, will probably bring Ederson in anyway and Kun if it looks like he'll start twice. Might add a third doubler for a hit. Looks OK to me if it also means I can have the best chance of a big TC score that remains this season. Though Aubameyang in GW35 also looks slightly better now that Arsenal may be on the way out of the EL.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 07 Mar 2019, 22:19
Bobby Fetta wrote: As someone currently with no City players, part of the attraction of fh32 is being able to load up with 3 of them for that week without having to carry them all through the two blanks or use hits to put them in and out. That alone could well be worth more for my team than the tc on one player.

I have just the one (Sterling), who I will captain this week and carry through GW31. With 2 FTs in GW32 I'll be able to add a couple more if I see it to be advantageous, will probably bring Ederson in anyway and Kun if it looks like he'll start twice. Might add a third doubler for a hit. Looks OK to me if it also means I can have the best chance of a big TC score that remains this season. Though Aubameyang in GW35 also looks slightly better now that Arsenal may be on the way out of the EL.
Yes, I could see that 3 City is ok for you anyway. I can see the attraction in taking a different chip strategy to the masses. The game gets very formulaic at this time of the season with similar teams all round.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Boruc
Robertson VVD Diop Schindler
Salah Hazard Brooks
Vardy Rondon

Foster AWB Camarasa Pogba Aguero

Might do one more next week to get 11 but something steady like Westwood for Camarasa.

Could do with Watford beating Palace for 33.

On FH32

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

What are people’s thoughts on team value vs points for 31 & 33?

I can field 10 without any further hits, but considering Aguero > Higuain for a hit. Aguero would cost me 0.3m to get back in and I’d almost definitely be putting him back in for both FH32 and WC34.

Higuain just playing 90 in both 31 and 33 would make up the 4 point hit so ignoring that, is it worth it? I’m second and 45 points behind the leader in my mini league fwiw.

Fabianksi
TAA Pereira Taylor
Salah Mane Anderson Brooks
Vardy King

Non playing: Aguero Pogba Doherty WanB Button

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

IceCreamFirm wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 09:44 What are people’s thoughts on team value vs points for 31 & 33?

I can field 10 without any further hits, but considering Aguero > Higuain for a hit. Aguero would cost me 0.3m to get back in and I’d almost definitely be putting him back in for both FH32 and WC34.

Higuain just playing 90 in both 31 and 33 would make up the 4 point hit so ignoring that, is it worth it? I’m second and 45 points behind the leader in my mini league fwiw.

Fabianksi
TAA Pereira Taylor
Vardy King

I have decided that next week is the right time to sell Aguero. I will bring him straight back for the GW32FH. He’s likely to blank in GW33 and Kane is a better option for GW34 (by which time I’ll be wildcarding and he may come back in). The £0.3m loss might by then be £0.2m or £0.1m if others sell as well. That’s affordable

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

IceCreamFirm wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 09:44 What are people’s thoughts on team value vs points for 31 & 33?

Fabianksi
TAA Pereira Taylor
Vardy King

I can’t see that 0.3m is a big deal at this time of the season.

If you were talking about dumping Aguero AND Pogba AND Doherty AND [insert other suitable player name here], and you will want them all back, then it’s a different story.

FWIW, I’ll be selling and repurchasing Aguero (and FH-ing back in for GW32).

Libero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO Prime Minister 2015; Decathlon Gold 2016, 2019

Post by Libero »

I think Ruth_NZ's view on the value of the TC chip and the later City double is fairly compelling. However, I get to avoid all that complexity since I burnt my TC on Sané in GW25 8-)

Am reasonably happy to go into BGW31 with 9 starters after a -4 for GW30 on Rashford :arrow: Vardy and Doherty :arrow: Azpil and then probably Guaita :arrow: a 4.4 keeper.

In the end, I found myself with 3 main reasons for going with the popular FH32/WC34/BB35 and straining to field full XIs in the BGWs:
- Get to pick who I like in DGW32 - avoid benching or using a BB on £££ Liverpool assets with a single fixture home to TOT
- Lots of value tied up in Pogba and Jiminez who I see as keepers
- Don't expect many points coming through on the BGW31 fixtures

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

Looks like I’m going into gw31 without Salah (Mane, TAA and Robertson) am I alone? Most of these teams have Mo in and I’m feeling this could go horribly wrong, especially as he’s captain material for at least one of those weeks!

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

With Firmino back, yes it could go wrong. High risk/reward though - if Salah blanks, you'll do very well if Liv keep a clean sheet.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Have 7 starters currently and have two free transfers so I could probably get by, but pretty sure I'll be free hitting.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Notned wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 13:32 Have 7 starters currently and have two free transfers so I could probably get by, but pretty sure I'll be free hitting.
Similar situation here (8+2FT) and was fairly sure I'd FH - but not really sure about that at all now :?

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

FREE HIT TIME!!!

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Am I right in think that if you play free hit you can make unlimited transfers this week? Therefore best to play today?

Does this also mean if you want to make an actual transfer to avoid price drop/rises you can’t do this?

Last season I mucked up my free hit so don’t want to make the same mistake again!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Hotstepper wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:12 FREE HIT TIME!!!
+1

What players you going for and what type of formation ?

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Aguero -> Vardy and Son -> Hazard for a hit gives me a full 11. Probably making the former move tonight to catch Vardy's price rise.
Last edited by Blue Fire on 09 Mar 2019, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Free hit for me

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Free hit time. West Ham losing today slightly will change things for most but they’re at home next against the worst team in the league. What can possibly go wrong?

Tomorrow’s games may have an impact on this.

Fabianski
Pereira, Luiz, Robertson
Salah, Mané, Tielemans/Maddison, Hazard
Higuain, Vardy, Rondon

Boruc, Rice, Ake, Hayden

Will be close to the above I think. Arnie will be the only attacker I may consider closer to the time.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Stevieste wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:55
+1

First draft is 3-4-3. I'm behind in my mini leagues by about 70-80 points so need to use the opportunity to gain some ground. Still have all other chips.

Whether I'm brave/bold/stupid enough to stick with triple WH clean sheet hopes... I'm currently on

Fabianski (Boruc)
Robertson - Diop - Rice (Clyne, Bardsley)
Salah - Mane - Hazard - Richarlison (Westwood)
Vardy - Higuain - Wilson

What about you?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Hotstepper wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 19:37
Stevieste wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:55
+1

First draft is 3-4-3. I'm behind in my mini leagues by about 70-80 points so need to use the opportunity to gain some ground. Still have all other chips.

Whether I'm brave/bold/stupid enough to stick with triple WH clean sheet hopes... I'm currently on

Fabianski (Boruc)
Robertson - Diop - Rice (Clyne, Bardsley)
Salah - Mane - Hazard - Richarlison (Westwood)
Vardy - Higuain - Wilson

What about you?
Im going to sit down after this game week over and see what i can do, as ive got decent team value so can get some decent players in im
Hoping.

Defo 3 liverpool, chelsea and west ham, its just which 3 from each.

Prob 2 leicester as well

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

I want a West Ham representative against Huddersfield but their midfielders are crap at the moment, with Anderson going off at half time and Lanzini not fairing much better, I'm not even sure which, if either, will play next week.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

There is no way I’m tripling up on West Ham’s defence

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Hmm, I really like to add Wilson but have no funds. :roll:

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

I can make 2 free transfers and have 11 playing so I’ll just do that and can save the FH for 32.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

thekitkatshuffler wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 20:03 I want a West Ham representative against Huddersfield but their midfielders are crap at the moment, with Anderson going off at half time and Lanzini not fairing much better, I'm not even sure which, if either, will play next week.
was anderson Injured or just playing badly

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

fred1266 wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 00:06
thekitkatshuffler wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 20:03 I want a West Ham representative against Huddersfield but their midfielders are crap at the moment, with Anderson going off at half time and Lanzini not fairing much better, I'm not even sure which, if either, will play next week.
was anderson Injured or just playing badly
Tactical change according to Pellegrini's post match comments.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Free hit chip activated. So far ive changed it to.
fabianski
TAA Rice Azpilcueta
Salah Mane Hazard Maddison
Higuain Vardy Arnautavic

Subs Boruc Bacuna simpson connelly

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”