To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Leicester Options

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
sponduly
Treebeard

Leicester Options

Post by sponduly »

Any interest in jumping on Maddison or Vardy?

Next games - CPL, BRI, wat, FUL, bur, BOU, hud, NEW, whm, ARS,

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Re: Leicester Options

Post by johnjoe107 »

Maddison is definitely on my radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I was going to tell Vardy is too expensive because Leicester is not a big favourite in those matches anyway, but after looking at his stats they are actually quite impressive: 20 big chances this season which is about the best overall in the whole PL and actually a way better (relative to his minutes) than his previous seasons!

By the way, wasn't it a general wisdom in the previous seasons that Vardy is an exceptionally good finisher? Well this hasn't been exactly true this season, because he has scored only 7 of those 20 big chances (last season he scored 14 of 21). Is this season just an anomaly or has he actually declined?

A lot has been said about how poor he is under Puel and that he doesn't fit to Puel's tactics, but his underlying stats tell a totally different story because he actually gets a lot more chances than in the previous seasons! Has he genuinely become a poor finisher and/or has he just been unlucky? You can hardly blame Puel if he actually keeps getting chances but misses them. Or are underlying stats misleading in this case?

His xG/90 this season is 0.63. In PL he has done just very slightly better in 2015-16, his other PL seasons are not even close to 0.63 xG/90.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Vardy is the biggest enigma this season. Only 2 goals at home. Is it the Puel factor?

I think Leicester defenders are a safer route.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Maddison came in for me last week, he will very likely be joined by Pereira and Maguire by BGW31. Something doesn't seem right between Puel and Vardy and don't want to see him end up on the bench when I need him the most.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Pereira and Maddison incoming this week, unless some other issue comes up

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Already loaded up Chilwell to oppose the Pereira bandwagon. Might add another one in the next week or two.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Barnes caught my eye in the highlights against Spurs. It'll be interesting to see what he does in the next couple of weeks.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Finisher1 wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 12:22 By the way, wasn't it a general wisdom in the previous seasons that Vardy is an exceptionally good finisher? Well this hasn't been exactly true this season, because he has scored only 7 of those 20 big chances (last season he scored 14 of 21). Is this season just an anomaly or has he actually declined?
:lol: that brings back memories of the thread from the summer (viewtopic.php?f=18&t=128114). I just read it all back - some posters come out better from that than others imho. Vardy's 'luck' / exceptional finishing ability from last season seems to have reached an immediate counterbalance this season - either he's been unlucky or lost his finishing ability (age / dissatisfaction with Puel / etc.). Perhaps just natural variation!

On topic, Barnes also caught my eye. In the best way in that he didn't actually score so keeps him under the radar a bit for now.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Barnes caught my eye against United. Saw he got himself in some very good opportunities against Spurs but (luckily) failed to score as, yes, that has kept him under the radar. That does make me think if he can actually cut it in the Prem though for the next few weeks..

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

No love for Maguire? More expensive but pops up with a goal here and there.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

I took a punt on Barnes last week as I needed to replace the injured Brooks, so I'll be interested to see how he does in the next few weeks.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

bspittles wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 07:38 No love for Maguire? More expensive but pops up with a goal here and there.
I'm already on board with him for that reason, but there are arguments for Chilwell and Perreira as alternatives too I think. :)

Yet to be convinced on Vardy (in view of apparent ongoing feud with Puel) and Maddison (who seems to get subbed off an awful lot), but either could feasibly join. Depends on Chelsea's cup fate mainly, as Haz/Higuain will be my first priority if they go out.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

From4corners wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 21:57 That does make me think if he can actually cut it in the Prem though for the next few weeks..
Yeah, he really should have taken that one chance against Spurs when he was clean in on goal. He essentially kicked it into Lloris's legs with either corner available to him.

9 goals in 26 games in the championship, though, so he must be able to find the net at times. Are there any West Brom fans on here who rate him?

3 shots a game in each of his starts for Leicester, so the opportunities are there. If he can bag a goal or two in the next few games I'll prob take a punt as a differential.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

No love for Tielemans or is he only going to be the assister of the assister?

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

I’ve transferred Richarlison out for Maddison. Didn’t have much to spend to go up in price and similar priced options weren’t stellar, so I’ve taken a risk on Maddison and their appealing fixture list. Probably won’t get a huge return but hey ho!

Jay P
Treebeard

Post by Jay P »

Mike1989 wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 23:57 I’ve transferred Richarlison out for Maddison. Didn’t have much to spend to go up in price and similar priced options weren’t stellar, so I’ve taken a risk on Maddison and their appealing fixture list. Probably won’t get a huge return but hey ho!
I reckon this will be a very popular move ahead of GW27. I’m looking at doing the same.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Can anyone make a case for one Leicester defender above the rest?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 18:55 Can anyone make a case for one Leicester defender above the rest?
Not really. Depends on funds in some ways as Chilwell is the cheapest. Maguire is the most exciting pick because of his ownership in the top 10k and obvious goal threat as well as being 100% nailed. Pereira is the safe pick from an ownership point of view. But Leicester players don't fill me with joy - they may not bother turning up against lesser teams.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Sutter Kane wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 19:03 Maguire is the most exciting pick because of his ownership in the top 10k
As in him being hardly owned by the top 10k teams?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes, that was my assumption. I don't know but there is a website that shows?? (somewhere, maybe FPL discovery)

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Got Pereira, likely to bring Chilwell in aswell

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Have both Maddison and Pereira.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Sorry guys I got pereira and cursed Leicester like I do all players or teams this season

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Great news for all those with Leicester assets - Puel gone, and with it the turged slow possession-based Sarriball...sorry..football.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Stemania wrote: 24 Feb 2019, 10:45 Great news for all those with Leicester assets - Puel gone, and with it the turged slow possession-based Sarriball...sorry..football.
Just brought Barnes in . Could be a risk to start now

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Mike Stowell has been caretaker manager (or joint caretaker) for Leicester 4 times before and has a record of 4 wins, 2 defeats and 1 draw from 7 games. Here they are:

2007: 0-0 v Plymouth (a)
2010: 3-1 v Scunthorpe (h)
2011: 2-3 v West Ham (a), 3-1 v Burnley (a), 0-1 v Leeds (h)
2017: 3-1 v Liverpool (h), 3-1 v Hull (h)

Seems from those that the emphasis tends to be on getting them attacking more freely rather than solidifying the defence.

Looks good for Jamie Vardy either way because Puel wasn't playing to his strengths in any case. Stemania has got lucky again. :wink:

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

doubt Stem is feeling very positive after yesterday's Son captaincy, but maybe this is the silver lining to his cloud :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote: Great news for all those with Leicester assets - Puel gone, and with it the turgid slow possession-based Sarriball...sorry..football.
Unfair really. Puel had his own style... Pukeball I think they called it?

It's strange with Sarri actually. I hate watching Chelsea play that way because I like a team that defends very strongly and counters at speed. All the best Chelsea teams have played that way (exactly what United did to us recently). But there is no doubt that Napoli were a scintillating team under Sarri, so there must be some truth in his comments that Chelsea aren't playing 'his football' yet. It is also true that City looked very susceptible in Guardiola's first season as well. I don't know really. I don't like it but maybe he has to be given 2 seasons. The question is whether that style of play can work in the PL at all I guess, I have seem some interesting articles suggesting that the "regista" idea has never worked in England.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Now here's an interesting thing... Vardy's record in the immediate PL games after Ranieri was sacked (when Stowell and Shakespeare took over as joint caretakers):

3-1 Liverpool (Vardy 2 goals)
3-1 Hull (Vardy 1 assist)
3-2 West Ham (Vardy 1 goal 1 assist)
2-0 Stoke (Vardy 1 goal)
2-0 Sunderland (Vardy 1 goal)
2-4 Everton
2-2 Palace (Vardy 1 goal)

6 goals and 2 assists in 7 games.

The latter games in that sequence were after Shakespeare had been confirmed manager.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”