To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FH DGW25

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 »

Using a chip in BGW31 was never in my plans because I think there’s enough time to prepare for that particular GW.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 12:10 Using a chip in BGW31 was never in my plans because I think there’s enough time to prepare for that particular GW.
aha I see. Aim to have no more than 3 from Spurs, MC and MU in GW31 and then bench them, having perhaps had 5 the week before and used 2FT to reduce exposure?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

raoul wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 12:10 Using a chip in BGW31 was never in my plans because I think there’s enough time to prepare for that particular GW.
aha I see. Aim to have no more than 3 from Spurs, MC and MU in GW31 and then bench them, having perhaps had 5 the week before and used 2FT to reduce exposure?
Spurs have che, ARS, sou the weeks before their possible GW31 blank so I’m already reluctant to bring in any of their players.

United have ars the week before so could get rid in GW30 or earlier as well.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I’m with raoul on this.
I see that some of you have multiple flags and that’s a different scenario.
For the rest, the way I look at it is that the potential for the FH around GW31/32 is no worse than a free hit this week; and it could be significantly better depending on as yet to be played fixtures. With an inconsistent/out of form Everton and rotation risk City the main targets this week, a later FH is unlikely to be worse than one this week (or if it is, someone help me out). And with blanks and doubles in short order then the FH will make some of it easier to navigate. For a combination of these reasons I’m delaying for the potential upside later

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 12:33 I’m with raoul on this.
I see that some of you have multiple flags and that’s a different scenario.
For the rest, the way I look at it is that the potential for the FH around GW31/32 is no worse than a free hit this week; and it could be significantly better depending on as yet to be played fixtures. With an inconsistent/out of form Everton and rotation risk City the main targets this week, a later FH is unlikely to be worse than one this week (or if it is, someone help me out). And with blanks and doubles in short order then the FH will make some of it easier to navigate. For a combination of these reasons I’m delaying for the potential upside later
I have flags that prompt me to FH, but also no WC and that is telling me to save it.

But I have tried to look at this without those 2 factors because this season for me is a learning exercise. And I am trying to learn the importance of having both WC and FH available for the FA Cup weekends in the GW 30 and beyond zone. Even this season with so many Prem teams gone, the first BGW (31 this year) looks like it will be tough to navigate. It isn't the number of teams gone, it is how many of the desirable teams are gone, combined with the fixture list in the BGW.

My bigger challenge now is probably deciding whether to load up for GW31, then FH in GW32 ... or vice versa. Because I presume I need to start that forward plan pretty much immediately if I want to have any hope of achieving it with FT alone.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

raoul wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 12:04 My argument was that since Palace are likely to go through, GW31 will see blanks for Spurs, MU and MC, and therefore a FH would be needed for many managers in GW31. I doubt many would have a bench big enough for players of all 3 teams.
Needed? I'm not sure if it's worth using it though to getting in players for these matches provided you have some Liverpool coverage already:

Bournemouth - Newcastle
Brighton - Cardiff
Burnley - Leicester
Watford - Southampton
West Ham - Huddersfield
Wolves - Arsenal
Fulham - Liverpool
Everton - Chelsea

Coming back to your argument in that...
raoul wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 13:05 It isn't the number of teams gone, it is how many of the desirable teams are gone,
... is the FH chip therefore worth using when many of the desirable teams aren't selected for this chip?

Think the FH is worth more for a DGW although it can be said that one might have a lot of players for those gameweeks already.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Ok I see your point. But you can only have 3 Liverpool players. Of course if you have used TF with GW31 blanks in mind then maybe your other 12 players are set by then, or at least 8 more of them.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

I have no idea whether or not to FH this Dgw. Looking at my squad, any suggestions?

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

I have no idea whether or not to FH this Dgw. Looking at my squad, any suggestions?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Good luck me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Good luck me!
Rüdiger might not play because of a knee problem.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

The Real Slim Shady wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 19:51 I have no idea whether or not to FH this Dgw. Looking at my squad, any suggestions?
You made two transfers allready for a -4 and those transfers should be good for the future balance of your squad going forward? I would saved the FH for later.
You need work on your squad before GW27 . Starting that work now is good because if you free hit you will just get back your problems for the coming weeks in GW26

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Doubts over Fabiański, Rüdiger and Pogba and not having any City player have triggered my Free Hit.

Currently on this:
Pickford
Alonso, Trippier, Rose
Sterling, Hazard, Sané, Sigurðsson, Richarlison
Agüero, King

Wan-Bissaka first sub in case Alonso misses out.

Players I’m still considering are Boruc or Guaita, Luiz, Mee, Van Aanholt, Son (worried about his “cramp”), Llorente, Salah and Mané.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Joccki_10 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 05:54
Ooh thanks hadn't spotted that, Kepa and Keane it is!

Edit Pickford and Azpi with Bennett and Success on the bench, sorted. Good luck to both of us eh!
Last edited by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan on 02 Feb 2019, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

^ Salah for Sterling and a city defender for one of your Spurs. Not because I like salah better than Sterling I just think City defenders are worth more points this GW than Spurs.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

He isn't flagged at all on FPL - not that I am questioning you, just wondering where this info came from?

Good luck with the FH. I am currently not … but teetering on the brink, and if I do I would have Rudiger, given doubts over Alonso, Luiz being a clown at risk of being dropped etc

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

I have TAA, Kamara red flagged, Digne part red flagged, and Pogba, Camarasa and Tomkins all yellow flagged. Might get 11 playing, but it could be 8 (and that assumes others are ok of course).

After using my one FT I have Sane and Aguero doubling.

Already used WC.

Had decided on balance not to FH. Don't trust Everton enough to warrant it.

What would you do?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

raoul wrote:
He isn't flagged at all on FPL - not that I am questioning you, just wondering where this info came from?

Good luck with the FH. I am currently not … but teetering on the brink, and if I do I would have Rudiger, given doubts over Alonso, Luiz being a clown at risk of being dropped etc
Official Chelsea Twitter. I think Alonso might start this one and given his high ceiling I’d like to take the gamble. Hopefully he won’t burn me with a cameo.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Kept faith in this side
Joccki_10 wrote:Pickford
Alonso, Trippier, Rose
Sterling, Hazard, Sané, Sigurðsson, Richarlison
Agüero, King

Wan-Bissaka first sub
so off to a bad start with Rose benched of which I even thought about 10 mins before the deadline :shock: . Expected Walker-Peters to start instead though.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore

Oxford NZ wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 06:57
The Real Slim Shady wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 19:51 I have no idea whether or not to FH this Dgw. Looking at my squad, any suggestions?
You made two transfers allready for a -4 and those transfers should be good for the future balance of your squad going forward? I would saved the FH for later.
You need work on your squad before GW27 . Starting that work now is good because if you free hit you will just get back your problems for the coming weeks in GW26
I ended up doing Anderson and Martial for Sané and Westwood after I posted, 2 frees.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”