View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

FH DGW25

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7807
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 » 01 Feb 2019, 12:10

Using a chip in BGW31 was never in my plans because I think there’s enough time to prepare for that particular GW.

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1456
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: FH DGW25

Post by raoul » 01 Feb 2019, 12:18

Joccki_10 wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 12:10
Using a chip in BGW31 was never in my plans because I think there’s enough time to prepare for that particular GW.
aha I see. Aim to have no more than 3 from Spurs, MC and MU in GW31 and then bench them, having perhaps had 5 the week before and used 2FT to reduce exposure?

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7807
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 » 01 Feb 2019, 12:31

raoul wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 12:10
Using a chip in BGW31 was never in my plans because I think there’s enough time to prepare for that particular GW.
aha I see. Aim to have no more than 3 from Spurs, MC and MU in GW31 and then bench them, having perhaps had 5 the week before and used 2FT to reduce exposure?
Spurs have che, ARS, sou the weeks before their possible GW31 blank so I’m already reluctant to bring in any of their players.

United have ars the week before so could get rid in GW30 or earlier as well.

User avatar
Smurphy's Paw
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4037
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 17:48
FS Record: 13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Smurphy's Paw » 01 Feb 2019, 12:33

I’m with raoul on this.
I see that some of you have multiple flags and that’s a different scenario.
For the rest, the way I look at it is that the potential for the FH around GW31/32 is no worse than a free hit this week; and it could be significantly better depending on as yet to be played fixtures. With an inconsistent/out of form Everton and rotation risk City the main targets this week, a later FH is unlikely to be worse than one this week (or if it is, someone help me out). And with blanks and doubles in short order then the FH will make some of it easier to navigate. For a combination of these reasons I’m delaying for the potential upside later

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1456
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: FH DGW25

Post by raoul » 01 Feb 2019, 13:05

Smurphy's Paw wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 12:33
I’m with raoul on this.
I see that some of you have multiple flags and that’s a different scenario.
For the rest, the way I look at it is that the potential for the FH around GW31/32 is no worse than a free hit this week; and it could be significantly better depending on as yet to be played fixtures. With an inconsistent/out of form Everton and rotation risk City the main targets this week, a later FH is unlikely to be worse than one this week (or if it is, someone help me out). And with blanks and doubles in short order then the FH will make some of it easier to navigate. For a combination of these reasons I’m delaying for the potential upside later
I have flags that prompt me to FH, but also no WC and that is telling me to save it.

But I have tried to look at this without those 2 factors because this season for me is a learning exercise. And I am trying to learn the importance of having both WC and FH available for the FA Cup weekends in the GW 30 and beyond zone. Even this season with so many Prem teams gone, the first BGW (31 this year) looks like it will be tough to navigate. It isn't the number of teams gone, it is how many of the desirable teams are gone, combined with the fixture list in the BGW.

My bigger challenge now is probably deciding whether to load up for GW31, then FH in GW32 ... or vice versa. Because I presume I need to start that forward plan pretty much immediately if I want to have any hope of achieving it with FT alone.

From4corners
FISO Knight
Posts: 13560
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 22:32
Location: The Eyrie

Re: FH DGW25

Post by From4corners » 01 Feb 2019, 18:02

raoul wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 12:04
My argument was that since Palace are likely to go through, GW31 will see blanks for Spurs, MU and MC, and therefore a FH would be needed for many managers in GW31. I doubt many would have a bench big enough for players of all 3 teams.
Needed? I'm not sure if it's worth using it though to getting in players for these matches provided you have some Liverpool coverage already:

Bournemouth - Newcastle
Brighton - Cardiff
Burnley - Leicester
Watford - Southampton
West Ham - Huddersfield
Wolves - Arsenal
Fulham - Liverpool
Everton - Chelsea

Coming back to your argument in that...
raoul wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 13:05
It isn't the number of teams gone, it is how many of the desirable teams are gone,
... is the FH chip therefore worth using when many of the desirable teams aren't selected for this chip?


Think the FH is worth more for a DGW although it can be said that one might have a lot of players for those gameweeks already.

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1456
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: FH DGW25

Post by raoul » 01 Feb 2019, 19:42

Ok I see your point. But you can only have 3 Liverpool players. Of course if you have used TF with GW31 blanks in mind then maybe your other 12 players are set by then, or at least 8 more of them.

User avatar
The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
Posts: 8656
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 01:21
Location: Los Angeles, CA
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06
Contact:

Re: FH DGW25

Post by The Real Slim Shady » 01 Feb 2019, 19:51

I have no idea whether or not to FH this Dgw. Looking at my squad, any suggestions?

User avatar
The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
Posts: 8656
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 01:21
Location: Los Angeles, CA
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06
Contact:

Re: FH DGW25

Post by The Real Slim Shady » 01 Feb 2019, 19:51

I have no idea whether or not to FH this Dgw. Looking at my squad, any suggestions?

User avatar
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1082
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 09:58
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Re: FH DGW25

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan » 02 Feb 2019, 01:29

Good luck me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7807
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 » 02 Feb 2019, 05:54

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Good luck me!
Rüdiger might not play because of a knee problem.

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1739
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: FISO H2H Conference winner season 2017-18

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Oxford NZ » 02 Feb 2019, 06:57

The Real Slim Shady wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 19:51
I have no idea whether or not to FH this Dgw. Looking at my squad, any suggestions?
You made two transfers allready for a -4 and those transfers should be good for the future balance of your squad going forward? I would saved the FH for later.
You need work on your squad before GW27 . Starting that work now is good because if you free hit you will just get back your problems for the coming weeks in GW26

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7807
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 » 02 Feb 2019, 07:03

Doubts over Fabiański, Rüdiger and Pogba and not having any City player have triggered my Free Hit.

Currently on this:
Pickford
Alonso, Trippier, Rose
Sterling, Hazard, Sané, Sigurðsson, Richarlison
Agüero, King

Wan-Bissaka first sub in case Alonso misses out.

Players I’m still considering are Boruc or Guaita, Luiz, Mee, Van Aanholt, Son (worried about his “cramp”), Llorente, Salah and Mané.

User avatar
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1082
Joined: 27 Jan 2017, 09:58
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Re: FH DGW25

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan » 02 Feb 2019, 07:12

Joccki_10 wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 05:54
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Good luck me!
Rüdiger might not play because of a knee problem.
Ooh thanks hadn't spotted that, Kepa and Keane it is!

Edit Pickford and Azpi with Bennett and Success on the bench, sorted. Good luck to both of us eh!
Last edited by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan on 02 Feb 2019, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1739
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: FISO H2H Conference winner season 2017-18

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Oxford NZ » 02 Feb 2019, 07:24

^ Salah for Sterling and a city defender for one of your Spurs. Not because I like salah better than Sterling I just think City defenders are worth more points this GW than Spurs.

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1456
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: FH DGW25

Post by raoul » 02 Feb 2019, 09:18

Joccki_10 wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 05:54
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Good luck me!
Rüdiger might not play because of a knee problem.
He isn't flagged at all on FPL - not that I am questioning you, just wondering where this info came from?

Good luck with the FH. I am currently not … but teetering on the brink, and if I do I would have Rudiger, given doubts over Alonso, Luiz being a clown at risk of being dropped etc

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1456
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: FH DGW25

Post by raoul » 02 Feb 2019, 10:19

I have TAA, Kamara red flagged, Digne part red flagged, and Pogba, Camarasa and Tomkins all yellow flagged. Might get 11 playing, but it could be 8 (and that assumes others are ok of course).

After using my one FT I have Sane and Aguero doubling.

Already used WC.

Had decided on balance not to FH. Don't trust Everton enough to warrant it.

What would you do?

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7807
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 » 02 Feb 2019, 10:44

raoul wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 05:54
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote:Good luck me!
Rüdiger might not play because of a knee problem.
He isn't flagged at all on FPL - not that I am questioning you, just wondering where this info came from?

Good luck with the FH. I am currently not … but teetering on the brink, and if I do I would have Rudiger, given doubts over Alonso, Luiz being a clown at risk of being dropped etc
Official Chelsea Twitter. I think Alonso might start this one and given his high ceiling I’d like to take the gamble. Hopefully he won’t burn me with a cameo.

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7807
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: FH DGW25

Post by Joccki_10 » 02 Feb 2019, 11:41

Kept faith in this side
Joccki_10 wrote:Pickford
Alonso, Trippier, Rose
Sterling, Hazard, Sané, Sigurðsson, Richarlison
Agüero, King

Wan-Bissaka first sub
so off to a bad start with Rose benched of which I even thought about 10 mins before the deadline :shock: . Expected Walker-Peters to start instead though.

User avatar
The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
Posts: 8656
Joined: 19 Jan 2010, 01:21
Location: Los Angeles, CA
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06
Contact:

Re: FH DGW25

Post by The Real Slim Shady » 02 Feb 2019, 12:19

Oxford NZ wrote:
02 Feb 2019, 06:57
The Real Slim Shady wrote:
01 Feb 2019, 19:51
I have no idea whether or not to FH this Dgw. Looking at my squad, any suggestions?
You made two transfers allready for a -4 and those transfers should be good for the future balance of your squad going forward? I would saved the FH for later.
You need work on your squad before GW27 . Starting that work now is good because if you free hit you will just get back your problems for the coming weeks in GW26
I ended up doing Anderson and Martial for Sané and Westwood after I posted, 2 frees.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], dellboy30, Pulpy, Smurphy's Paw, Stormrider and 13 guests