To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gonzalo Higuain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: Gonzalo Higuain

Post by math! »

I think Aguero because 1. Jesus is doing well and 2. Auba has some good fixtures. I also wonder if Arsenal's persistence with looking for a winger means Emery prefers Auba in the middle over Laca or both together there.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Well, Gonzalo got a brace in the terriers romp, and he's on the brink of his first price rise.
Still, would you bring him in now, knowing Blues play GW26 @MCI and then have a BGW27?

I found this BBC article from 2 weeks ago https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46961717
and agree with most things in it

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote: Well, Gonzalo got a brace in the terriers romp, and he's on the brink of his first price rise.
Still, would you bring him in now, knowing Blues play GW26 @MCI and then have a BGW27?

I found this BBC article from 2 weeks ago https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46961717
and agree with most things in it.
Indeed, I expected Higuain to make a nonsense of his price tag and still do, it's just that BGW27 and quite possibly BGW31 get in the way. If Chelsea lose in FAC5 to United I'll likely bring Higuain in around GW29, he'd be a perfect Aubameyang replacement.

People are saying "too old" and "past his best" but I'm not having a minute of it. He is 6 months older than Aguero, that's all. And pretty much equivalent in status and quality: for Argentina Higuain has 31 goals & 13 assists in 75 games and Aguero has 39 goals & 13 assists in 90 games. Higuain is also more nailed than Aguero is. So he seems a self-evident bargain to me, as long as fixtures don't obstruct. The only downside is that he isn't on penalties at Chelsea, which he was when he scored all those goals at Napoli.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Gonzalo Higuain

Post by Joccki_10 »

To be honest I thought Higuaín had a pretty bad game against Huddersfield except for his two brilliant goals. I thought both his lay-offs were poor and his through passes were poor and I don’t think he lets Chelsea play better football.

But hey, FPL is about points so Ruth’s indication of a GW29 switch from Aubameyang to Higuaín could prove to be quite valuable, although I haven’t written off a possible move to Agüero the week before.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:...I don’t think he lets Chelsea play better football...
Not what we need really. We have been playing nice football all season; what we need is someone to convert it into goals. If Higuain can't do that then Sarri-ball is broken.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

Higuain is great! Will be a godsend for the team !! He and Kun will be my frontline for the rest of the season

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”