To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW22 Captaincy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Your GW22 Captain?

Poll ended at 12 Jan 2019, 11:33

Aubameyang
15%
Arnautovic
No votes
Salah
28%
Vardy
No votes
Hazard
44%
Richarlison/Sigurdsson
2%
Kane
2%
Pogba
No votes
Rashford
No votes
Sterling/Sané
4%
Aguero
5%
Other
1%

Total votes: 128

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Re: GW22 Captaincy

Post by jacksosi »

Auba (Richarlison)

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Tough one, but it's

Salah (c) Hazard (vc)

here. Toon injury news made me look again, but still fancy Liverpool to outscore Chelsea.

My suspicion is that Diame will be fit enough actually, making our lineup not that far from our strongest. 5atb very likely, I agree with swadd. :)

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Still struggling, almost at 'names in hat' stage.

Salah: cons - away, BHA generally okay in defence, LIV in "poor" form (mcy, wol). Pros - it's Salah, will be looking to "bounce back", LIV should beat BHA ~ 3-3

Aubameyang: cons - away, could play wide. Pros - in form/has been star player for Arsenal this year, WHM not great in defence even if they appear more "settled" at home this season, WHM could be distracted (Arnie, form, etc.) ~ 2-3

Kane: cons - against MAN, has played recently (CHE) so may be tired, TOT have played well against top sides so are they "due" a dip? Beat MAN already so is 6 points unlikely? Solkasjear has not had a real test of his defence yet so we don't know for certain that they haven't improved on Mourinho days. Pros - home, it's Kane/can and has scored against pretty much anybody, in form, Solskjaer has not had a real test of defence so may still be as bad at the back, supporting midfielders (Son, Dele) are bang in form too ~ 5-5

On (very crude) balance, Aubameyang looks to be slightly ahead, but I'm changing my mind every hour.

huwdo
FISOhead

Post by huwdo »

Really tricky call this as BHA have only once conceded more than one goal in a home match over the last few months (Chelsea)... But I can see Rafa doing a good job against his old team.

I think I'll go with my gut (and last season's results - 1:5 and 3:1..) - Salah (C) / Hazard (V)..

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

I've just changed back to Salah (c) and Hazard (vc) possibly for the last time. :?

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Agreed, I've gone back to my original C before the last few days, and settled on Salah. Fancy all three in my above post to score well, but I am trying to scale back from "overthinking" it, and instead settling on (generally):

On balance of play this season, liv should perform better against BHA than ars against WHM and TOT against man.

Not having Aguero has screwed me, as that would have been an easy one for me, at home.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Spreadsheet wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 10:57 Still struggling, almost at 'names in hat' stage.

Salah: cons - away, BHA generally okay in defence, LIV in "poor" form (mcy, wol). Pros - it's Salah, will be looking to "bounce back", LIV should beat BHA ~ 3-3

Aubameyang: cons - away, could play wide. Pros - in form/has been star player for Arsenal this year, WHM not great in defence even if they appear more "settled" at home this season, WHM could be distracted (Arnie, form, etc.) ~ 2-3

Kane: cons - against MAN, has played recently (CHE) so may be tired, TOT have played well against top sides so are they "due" a dip? Beat MAN already so is 6 points unlikely? Solkasjear has not had a real test of his defence yet so we don't know for certain that they haven't improved on Mourinho days. Pros - home, it's Kane/can and has scored against pretty much anybody, in form, Solskjaer has not had a real test of defence so may still be as bad at the back, supporting midfielders (Son, Dele) are bang in form too ~ 5-5

On (very crude) balance, Aubameyang looks to be slightly ahead, but I'm changing my mind every hour.
Liverpool poor form ?

They was awesome away to Man city and unlucky to lose and wolves they made 10 changes.
So them cons id not take into consideration if i was you.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead

Post by Spreadsheet »

Stevieste wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 11:21
Spreadsheet wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 10:57 Still struggling, almost at 'names in hat' stage.

Liverpool poor form ?

They was awesome away to Man city and unlucky to lose and wolves they made 10 changes.
Agree entirely - I placed it in quotation marks to suggest it wasn't a true con for the reasons you outline, but it was more to point that it may have had some small mental effect. But then (if there is any) that can work in their favour too, and they are still 4 points ahead in the league, after all. So, yes, we're in agreement, and I'm leaving it on Mo. Thanks for the contribution/help though, it's been a tough selection this week!

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Spreadsheet wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 11:26
Stevieste wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 11:21

Liverpool poor form ?

Agree entirely - I placed it in quotation marks to suggest it wasn't a true con for the reasons you outline, but it was more to point that it may have had some small mental effect. But then (if there is any) that can work in their favour too, and they are still 4 points ahead in the league, after all. So, yes, we're in agreement, and I'm leaving it on Mo. Thanks for the contribution/help though, it's been a tough selection this week!
This week been that hardest in a long time.

I was that undecided this week, between Salah, Aubamenyang and Hazard, i convinced myself to swap Hazard out and get Sterling in and make him my captain :lol:

Good luck anyway, i hope both our captains get double figures

Spreadsheet
FISOhead

Post by Spreadsheet »

Personally, I think Hazard to Sterling is a good move this week and onwards. If I had a MCY asset, they'd be getting the captain's band, and certainly looking at ways to work them back into my squad from next week. Best of luck!

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Salah (c) Hazard (vc)

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Missed deadline, so ended up on the same as last week in the end.

Hazard (C)
Kane (VC)

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

already regret switching from Kane to Auba three minutes before deadline

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

10k EO This Week

AWB 63%
Digne 59%
Robertson 58%

Salah 128%
Hazard 94%
Richarlison 67%
Pogba 60%

Kane 65%
Rashford 47%
Aubameyang 41%

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

tarkens wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 13:01 already regret switching from Kane to Auba three minutes before deadline
I switched from Auba back to Hazard at a very similar time! Currently happy, but expect to be disappointed at about half seven :lol: :lol:

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Hazard (c) here.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Bottled sterling as captain and went salah

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Salah has been captained by 58.7% of the top 1k. :shock: Hazard ‘only’ 26.6%.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Stevieste wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 21:53
Owsler wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 21:49 Kane (C) Hazard (VC)
Brave move that, i think Man Utd will step it up again this game to prove there not just playing well against easier opposition.

Could be a master stroke though if they do what did at old trafford
Let's hope it's a nice differential as I decided to stick to my guns rather than reversing it. Auba blanking, Salah with just a goal and Hazard with an assist...could be good.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Joccki_10 wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 17:10 Hazard. Or Salah.
Wrong. Again. My captaincy stats are piss poor. :shock:

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Was really hoping for much much more from Hazard. He's probably gone for me now as well..

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”