To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Son solution

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

The Son solution

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

What will you Son owners do with him now when he is about to go to asia?

Tried to figure something out but his price is just to weird. Want to upgrade to Sane but that extra cash is not very easy to find (without to many hits).

Any ideas?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: The Son solution

Post by Ruth_NZ »

David Silva?

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I was planning to change him to Salah. I'm 0.1m short for the straight swap, and Son doesn't look like he'll rise again unfortunately. But I can do it with 2 frees next week, just need to decide who to downgrade.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Likewise I'm moved to Salah. I was going to go next week but price movements elsewhere have bought the move forward.

Pogba would be my preference although D Silva is a good option?

Roger Ramjet
FISOhead

Post by Roger Ramjet »

I'm thinking of Anderson as I have Richarlison and Salah.

Pogba is an option but Id prefer to get Rashford up front with the cash from Son's sale.

Other options could be D Silva, Sane, Shaqiri, Maddison but that would mean changing the plan for Rashford.

Who will replace Son in spurs line up? Lucas Moura could be worth considering

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Glenjamin
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: average

Post by Glenjamin »

Roger Ramjet wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 13:57 I'm thinking of Anderson as I have Richarlison and Salah.

Pogba is an option but Id prefer to get Rashford up front with the cash from Son's sale.

Other options could be D Silva, Sane, Shaqiri, Maddison but that would mean changing the plan for Rashford.

Who will replace Son in spurs line up? Lucas Moura could be worth considering Image

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Moura will definitely take over, but also be first sub for Lamela I'd guess.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Straight swap to pogba (assuming hes recovered from injury) makes most sense for my squad. Pogba playing as a number 10, in form, great fixtures to come and no blank in gw27 either.

Not tempted by any spurs mids as a straight swap. Alli and eriksen would interest me if I had the cash but they could just as easily be deployed in centre midfield by poch and we wouldn't know until the team sheet drops. Moura is not only far inferior to son but also destroys Kane as an attacking option too. So the whole spurs attack suffers when he plays. Everyone has got very excited about 3 spurs home fixtures in a row but they seem to perform better away from home, Kane certainly plays closer to goal away from home anyway. I'm avoiding. There's also a potential blank in gw27 to consider.

yordani
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 800

Post by yordani »

Pogba is the absolute number 1 sub for Son

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Already have Pogba, gonna do

Son :arrow: Sane
F. Anderson :arrow: Pereyra.

Is that very stupid or it make sense?
Watford upcoming fixtures:

Crystal Palace A
Burnley H
Spurs A
Brighton A
Everon H
Cardiff A

It is quite ok games coming up, isn't it?

penfold28
Kevin and Perry

Post by penfold28 »

Is anyone just going to keep him.. Had him in for ages 8.3m and even missing 3 games still fancy him to keep scoring when he come back..

Already got pog, Anderson, rich and salah so can't see any stand out replacements.

So do I keep hold and take the price drops.. Bench replacements can handle son sitting on it or do I sell for fraser or silva or someone like that and then bring him back.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Depends on how much you expect to save by holding and depending on the strength of your bench replacement, but holding could backfire:

Certain to drop after the Man U game, could even be before too as FPL managers get back into gear this week.

May drop further during the subsequent GWs if casuals don’t realise he’s off yet.

Poch hasn’t exactly been “saving” him in readiness for his Asian Cup exploits - of Spurs’ 10 games in all comps since the start of Dec, Son has started 9 of them, with his last “rest” coming in a sub appearance against Burnley 6 matches ago. This could become 11/12 if he starts against Chelsea tonight and Man U at the weekend.

Ifs but not impossible: if South Korea get to the final and there’s no dead rubber in the third group game, Son could play 6 games in the Asian Cup.

Spurs’ 2 games when he returns are Leicester and Burnley, two kinder fixtures than the two after that (Chelsea and Arsenal). Therefore Son could actually miss up to 5 games if he is eased back in, especially when you consider the first UCL KO game is between the Leicester and Burnley game so surely he’d be wanted for that and therefore may be rested for one or both of those GWs.

Personally, I would be accepting what could be a small loss on buying back marginally above 8.3m in return for more guaranteed or higher ceiling of points from a replacement.
Last edited by Spreadsheet on 08 Jan 2019, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Will be switching to Salah.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

penfold28 wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 07:16 Is anyone just going to keep him.. Had him in for ages 8.3m and even missing 3 games still fancy him to keep scoring when he come back..

Already got pog, Anderson, rich and salah so can't see any stand out replacements.

So do I keep hold and take the price drops.. Bench replacements can handle son sitting on it or do I sell for fraser or silva or someone like that and then bring him back.
I considered this, but after analysing the fixtures came to the conclusion that on balance its likely to not be a good idea. The problem is the amount of uncertainty in that decision making.

The best case scenario for those holding Son is an early exit from the Asian Cup, followed by Spurs going out of the league cup in the semi finals and the FA Cup before round 6. In this scenario, he would then have a superb run of fixtures from GW24 to GW27, and again from GW30 to GW38, including fixtures in blanks which would be useful when the rest of our squads are decimated.

The worst case scenario is that Son reaches the Asian cup final, and spurs also reach the league cup final and the FA cup semi finals. In this scenario, Son would miss GW23, 24, 25, 27, 31 and 33. GW's 28 and 29 are versus Chelsea and Arsenal, so he could be avoided here anyway. So if this happens, I seriously wouldn't consider getting him in until DGW32, probabaly on wildcard.

The most likely scenario? Well, South Korea have already won their first game of the Asian cup. Considering that a number of 3rd place sides in groups there qualify anyway, I'd say they are as good as through to the knockouts already. HOWEVER, there is a decent gap of 4 days between the quarter finals and the semi final of that competition, with GW24 coinciding with the semi final. If South Korea are knocked out before the semi final then there's every chance Son plays GW24 onwards. If they make the semi then I don't think we see Son until GW26 to to the tight turnarounds between 24 and 25. It depends on how good you assess South Korea's chances to be really. In the league cup its a coin toss really, right now I think Spurs are playing a lot better than Chelsea and will win the first leg, but with Son gone for the second leg and Chelsea likely to be able to welcome back Pedro and Willian for the second leg and play Hazard as a false 9, the bal;ance switches in favour of Chelsea. Can Chelsea stay in the tie tonight? Thats the question.

I'm currently a Son owner, my own strategy will be to deal in absolutes where I can. I know he will be missing GW23 and I know his price will drop from where it currently is. Therefore I will transfer him out and if the opportunity arises to get him back in at a sensible point then I will do so. while he is out my team factors will become more concrete too which will help make my decision on if and when to get him back in.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Mane ?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Most likely Sane for me, but Mane could also be a consideration.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Create a poll ;)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

The Real Slim Shady wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 07:49 Create a poll ;)
Would that be for replacement choice poll for this coming game week or date of bringing him back poll?
In my case replaced by Pogba in GW 19 and maybe coming back into my team on WC2 GW32 ( depending on spurs blanks, form and doubles )

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

I just looked at Spurs' fixtures from GW23:

- FUL (a)
- WAT (h)
- NEW (h)
- LEI (h)
- BUR (a)

Those are great, and Kane is captainable in all of those. I am therefore giving serious thought to swerving Salah, and going with Sane instead (and potentially moving back to Son when he returns).

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

With Son returning just wondered what people’s thoughts were regarding when to bring him in.

On the face of it with Kane and Alli both out he will be the main man in attack.

However, nothing is ever that straight forward in FPL.

He’s been quoted as saying he felt physically empty going after out in the Asian Cup.

He came back from the Asian Games earlier in the year and was exhausted - subsequently he blanked against Brighton, Huddersfield and Cardiff before a significant rest to recover.

Spurs now have 3 consecutive home games and favourable GW27. However, then follows Chelsea and Arsenal in the following weeks.

Their injuries may mean they have to again risk him when not at 100%. If they let him rest a few weeks the fixtures aren’t as compelling.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Will bring him in next week for Richarlison after he has played Huddersfield

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

cesc408 wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 12:21 Will bring him in next week for Richarlison after he has played Huddersfield
Even if Everton have a double? That was my plan too but a Richarlison DGW is hard to ignore - immediate thoughts are remove someone else, like F.Anderson as he play Liverpool, but that ties in with paragraph below:

I'm already contemplating gw31 with all my transfers from now on. Nearly every transfer in of a gw31 blanker is 4 points in my opinion - there is a balance to be struck of course because there are more points on offer now than in gw31, because of the type of fixtures likely to exist by then. Still, I can't help but think bringing in the likes of Jota, Auba, Son, Man C (who also blank in GW27 of course) will result in a potential 8-12 point hit to field 11 men in GW31. Not sure I'm correct in taking this approach however.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

As for Son himself, well he's more than capable of eclipsing a few hits on his own over the next few fixtures. So I would like to get him for sure. Ideal situation is he starts gw24 and looks very dangerous but doesn't rack up a huge haul.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

DGW announced for City and Everton in GW25. I’m guessing other transfers will take priority unless he comes back and rips it up straight away.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Sutter Kane wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 12:44 Nearly every transfer in of a gw31 blanker is 4 points in my opinion - there is a balance to be struck of course because there are more points on offer now than in gw31, because of the type of fixtures likely to exist by then. Still, I can't help but think bringing in the likes of Jota, Auba, Son, Man C (who also blank in GW27 of course) will result in a potential 8-12 point hit to field 11 men in GW31. Not sure I'm correct in taking this approach however.
There's still the FA cup 5th round to be played. Wolves and Arsenal play each other in 31, and Spurs and Palace play each other in 31. Spurs and Arsenal are already out, so if either of Wolves or Palace lose in the 5th round, their fixtures won't be blank in 31. It's too early to swerve players from those teams in my opinion.

The problem for me with Son is that I think he gets rested in at least one of the next two games. He played a lot of minutes in the Asian Cup, and Spurs play Wednesday - Saturday on the back of a flight back from Asia for him. Unfortunately Saturday is a nice home fixture against Newcastle, but I think there's better uses of free transfers for the time being. FA cup 5th round happens before GW27, so we'll know if Spurs have a game in 31 before then.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Sutter Kane wrote: As for Son himself, well he's more than capable of eclipsing a few hits on his own over the next few fixtures. So I would like to get him for sure. Ideal situation is he starts GW24 and looks very dangerous but doesn't rack up a huge haul.
I don't think he will start against Watford.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 06:05
Sutter Kane wrote: As for Son himself, well he's more than capable of eclipsing a few hits on his own over the next few fixtures. So I would like to get him for sure. Ideal situation is he starts GW24 and looks very dangerous but doesn't rack up a huge haul.
I don't think he will start against Watford.
no, he will start. Because he can rest against Newcastle after Spurs buy 3 top players at the very end of the window to add depth to their squad.

Obvs.

gaz1882
Treebeard

Post by gaz1882 »

Watched the full 90 tonight, Son was terrific, no sign of tiredness or fatigue whatsoever.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”