To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW21 Transfers - Deadline: 01 Jan 11:30

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW21 Transfers - Deadline: 01 Jan 11:30

Post by Gambit »

Notned wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 14:47 Anyone looking at annoyingly having to replace Rashford, who are we thinking?

Looking like it's between Arnautovic, Wilson and Jiminez for me. Wolves arguably just about shade it fixture wise over the next 6 (GW23 apart), but the other two are more explosive and probably better players generally..
not unless it's confirmed as a medium term injury, just the Newcastle game, that's not too bad, just take it as a rotated game which can happen to any player and then he's back after the FA Cup game. The United fixtures are great until early March and Rashford now looks the standout striking option in that price bracket, OGS loves him and he'll play loads, no way is he being a player from the bench, far too good for that. Think he's been the standout player after Pogba, incredible value with the fixtures and form of United.

JasonH
Kevin and Perry

Post by JasonH »

ITB 0.5

Fabianski, Losll
Alonso, Robertson, TAA, Doherty, AWB
Salah, Hazard, Pogba, Eriksen, Lingard,
Rashford, Jiminez, Ings.

Is there any players I should consider transferring out? How can I further improve my squad?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Valeron wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 10:35
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 04:37 Hernandez :arrow: Jimenez. Left with .3 itb to do Ederson :arrow: Allison next week.
Why the keeper move? costs you a transfer and 0.3 too.

Looking at the underlying stats, even of the most basic xG models, it's very likely there will be a redressing in terms of goals conceded by Liverpool. Also City won't keep getting done by goal of the season/month contenders.

Isn't there a small chance City have a DGW in 25 as a bonus to keeping Ederson?

Ignore me by all means but this looks like a classic mistake transfer.
City can't defend while Pool have the best defence in the league. The mistake transfer was bringing Ederson in in the first place.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Notned wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 14:47 Anyone looking at annoyingly having to replace Rashford, who are we thinking?

Looking like it's between Arnautovic, Wilson and Jiminez for me. Wolves arguably just about shade it fixture wise over the next 6 (GW23 apart), but the other two are more explosive and probably better players generally..
How many premium striker spots do you have and are you able to upgrade Rashford to another?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Joccki_10 wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 16:17

How many premium striker spots do you have and are you able to upgrade Rashford to another?
Other two are Kane and Lacazette (game time is an issue, but I feel he may start and do well tomorrow) and I have £1.6m in the bank... none of my mids look downgradable at the minute though, happy with who I have there..

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Gambit wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 16:00

not unless it's confirmed as a medium term injury, just the Newcastle game, that's not too bad, just take it as a rotated game which can happen to any player and then he's back after the FA Cup game. The United fixtures are great until early March and Rashford now looks the standout striking option in that price bracket, OGS loves him and he'll play loads, no way is he being a player from the bench, far too good for that. Think he's been the standout player after Pogba, incredible value with the fixtures and form of United.
I'm holding, and that's with Balbuena out injured leaving me with a weakened bench. Hoping there won't be too much rotation or resting this week...

Question is, would you want him back in immediately after he's declared fit. If so, I'd hold.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Owsler wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 17:23
Gambit wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 16:00

I'm holding, and that's with Balbuena out injured leaving me with a weakened bench. Hoping there won't be too much rotation or resting this week...

Question is, would you want him back in immediately after he's declared fit. If so, I'd hold.
yes, he's currently the best pick in that price bracket, any United fan will tell you he's a class above Lukaku so can't see him losing his place, if that does happen then he'll have to go, but as long as he's fit and playing he will get a lot of points, especially with those fixtures.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 16:16
Valeron wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 10:35
RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 04:37 Hernandez :arrow: Jimenez. Left with .3 itb to do Ederson :arrow: Allison next week.
Why the keeper move? costs you a transfer and 0.3 too.

Looking at the underlying stats, even of the most basic xG models, it's very likely there will be a redressing in terms of goals conceded by Liverpool. Also City won't keep getting done by goal of the season/month contenders.

Isn't there a small chance City have a DGW in 25 as a bonus to keeping Ederson?

Ignore me by all means but this looks like a classic mistake transfer.
City can't defend while Pool have the best defence in the league. The mistake transfer was bringing Ederson in in the first place.
In my opinion you’re making the mistake of looking at the goals against and clean sheet columns. Keeper points are especially random. Take a look at the underlying defensive stats of the 2 teams.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

I've got 2FTs but I'm struggling to use them. I considered Ings :arrow: Rashford but there are injury doubts. I might end up burning a transfer and rolling unless anyone can suggest anything?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

sstaffsw wrote: I've got 2FTs but I'm struggling to use them. I considered Ings :arrow: Rashford but there are injury doubts. I might end up burning a transfer and rolling unless anyone can suggest anything?
Well, I'd consider a Chelsea defender. But before burning a FT I'd downgrade Patricio :arrow: Button and bank 0.5m, assuming you intend to keep Allison. No need to have a 2nd playing GK with him because you will start him every week anyway.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

After deliberating all day I've gone for Son and Robertson to Hazard and Jonny. I didn't want to lose Son until next week but had to sacrifice somebody to bring in and captain Hazard. As Son had to go soon he was the most obvious candidate.

A return to a Wolves double up at the back, Alonso will become a Liverpool defender in a few weeks.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Pulpy wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 22:17 After deliberating all day I've gone for Son and Robertson to Hazard and Jonny. I didn't want to lose Son until next week but had to sacrifice somebody to bring in and captain Hazard. As Son had to go soon he was the most obvious candidate.

A return to a Wolves double up at the back, Alonso will become a Liverpool defender in a few weeks.
Alonso becoming a Liverpool defender? Inside transfer knowledge? :shock:

gm1863
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 8.7k top finish

Post by gm1863 »

May be of interest for those of you asking about Rashford. Hardly conclusive!

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1 ... 9519360007

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 22:02
sstaffsw wrote: I've got 2FTs but I'm struggling to use them. I considered Ings :arrow: Rashford but there are injury doubts. I might end up burning a transfer and rolling unless anyone can suggest anything?
Well, I'd consider a Chelsea defender. But before burning a FT I'd downgrade Patricio :arrow: Button and bank 0.5m, assuming you intend to keep Allison. No need to have a 2nd playing GK with him because you will start him every week anyway.
Thanks Ruth, however, I intend to start Patricio against Palace. Let's see how that pans out!

Happy New Year all on FISO

FP1990
Treebeard
FS Record: Great

Post by FP1990 »

Maybe more for RMT, but brought vardy in last week as a risk.. A stupid one it turns out. Now can afford to change for auba or laca for the Fulham match. Is there a real chance auba gets rested after his performance vs Liverpool that makes lac the safer option?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Aubameyang did nothing wrong against Liverpool.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Apart from getting caught off side Aubameyang got him self into some good positions and worked hard imo. Still a great captain option for this week. Arsenal need to work on the final ball and staying on side more ( as well as working on the defence). But that was watching on a TV screen and not at the match.

Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

Post by Stena Bib »

Sideways, Robertson > TAA

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Salah -> Hazard (C)

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

gm1863 wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 23:31 May be of interest for those of you asking about Rashford. Hardly conclusive!

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1 ... 9519360007
fairly positive that? says tired rather than injured, still think he could be rested but at least not confirmed as having a groin strain, won't get 90 minutes but hopefully fit enough for an hour or so.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

carver wrote: 30 Dec 2018, 19:31 Rashford -> Jiménez

Can always bring rashford back at a later date
Changed mind . Rolling . Squad can cope

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

I did Snodgrass to Gudmundsson. Just a hunch.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Rolled it over in the end, so hopefully Rashford is fit enough to play some part.

epik
Red & Blue Braces

Post by epik »

Yoshida :arrow: TAA

Prepping for Son out next gameweek.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”