To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Doherty

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
jasper901
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Piss Poor

Doherty

Post by jasper901 »

Is it a bad time to pick up Doherty with Wolves goin up against LP? I have TrentAA and I am looking for a change. I can go straight across on those two. I could also go to Torreira for the same value. One last option would be to dump my bench, put in Wan-B for T-AA and pick up Pedro in the mid.

This is my first post, so if it's stupid, I apologize.

Kevin.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Doherty

Post by Oxford NZ »

jasper901 wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 21:11 Is it a bad time to pick up Doherty with Wolves goin up against LP? I have TrentAA and I am looking for a change. I can go straight across on those two. I could also go to Torreira for the same value. One last option would be to dump my bench, put in Wan-B for T-AA and pick up Pedro in the mid.

This is my first post, so if it's stupid, I apologize.

Kevin.
Welcome to FIISO Jasper. There is no such thing as silly question here.
Doherty is a good pick Imo.
There will be better managers than me along shortly to advise and good luck anyway.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

He's a good pick but not really now - Wolves probably have the second hardest fixtures in the next 5 games (after Newcastle) of anyone.

Forget what people say about fixtures don't matter if it's season long etc - you still need to make the right transfer at the right time.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

With defenders it always helps to see who your other defenders are and whether you are usually playing 3 or 4 defenders.

In general, no, I wouldn't say that this is the time to get Doherty, 3 of his next 5 fixtures are pretty awkward for getting a CS. Digne has good fixtures after this week, he could be a good option. Balbuena also has useful fixtures and has been playing well, would save you some money too. And Kolasinac has great potential if he is fit for the weekend. I think any of those would be preferable to Doherty right now unless you can happily bench Doherty in 3 of the next 5 games.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Welcome Jasper. With Liverpool, Spurs and Man City in the next 5 I would wait for a bit even though the other 2 fixtures are good. Palace's fixtures are not much better.

Can I suggest you link your team as that always makes it easier to give advice.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 22:48 In general, no, I wouldn't say that this is the time to get Doherty, 3 of his next 5 fixtures are pretty awkward for getting a CS. Digne has good fixtures after this week, he could be a good option. Balbuena also has useful fixtures and has been playing well, would save you some money too. And Kolasinac has great potential if he is fit for the weekend. I think any of those would be preferable to Doherty right now unless you can happily bench Doherty in 3 of the next 5 games.
I think these are the top three I would (and have) considered at the moment. All have good fixtures and decent attacking threat.

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

Fixture wise it's the wrong time to get Doherty. Wait until his fixtures turn.

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Aresenal do have a few injuries at the moment but is there any evidence Kola will be a regular in even the short to medium term? He’s only really been playing in hasn’t he, and Arsenal are generally a bit of a selection lottery at the moment anyway? I’d steer clear and go for Digne as well.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

hancockjr wrote: Aresenal do have a few injuries at the moment but is there any evidence Kola will be a regular in even the short to medium term? He’s only really been playing in hasn’t he, and Arsenal are generally a bit of a selection lottery at the moment anyway? I’d steer clear and go for Digne as well.
There's enough evidence for me. Whether there is for anyone else is up to them. :)

hancockjr
Dumbledore

Post by hancockjr »

Ok. If you wanted to be really helpful you could post the evidence. It doesn’t matter to me specifically, but I suspect a lot of people are making a mistake with Kola and wondered if I’m missing something.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Well for me he's playing well, and if thats the same evidence as Ruth has its just an opinion, can't be shared. He's getring forward and creating chances and imo is first on the team sheet in that position.

Rotation aversion can set in, sometimes with good reason, but a trillion questions about a player in forums will never supply an answer. This is why fpl is such a good game, you can play with stats and not watch games and use social media to get answers, nothing wrong with that, or you can ignore all that watch football and make your own guesses on who will start.

Having watched Arsenal, and Everton recently, Digne and Kolacubes look essential to their team. Look what happened last game, Arsenal were beaten.

Personally I think Emery will he desperate ro get Bellerin and Kola back on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jasper901
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: Piss Poor

Post by jasper901 »

This week who would be the better option and why?
Boly _ Fraser _ Wan B

Thanks!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”