To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Spurs midfield

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Brunauge
Treebeard

Spurs midfield

Post by Brunauge »

Now that the whole midfield of Spurs are fit; Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Moura, Son.

Who is most likely to feature over the christmas period, especially focusing on Erikson and Son, mostly the latter.

Is Son's place nailed now, seeing as though he played 73 minutes last weekend in the PL and 71 minutes in CL against Barca.

The game was 4 days ago, is this enough rest for Son to feature against Burnley?

I see that the guardian dont feature either of Alli, Eriksen, Son, and many other pages dont even show Alli, Eriksen and Son in the predicted line up.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: Spurs midfield

Post by Finisher1 »

I'm surprised that both FFS and Guardian and also all the Spurs fan predictions I have seen are including both Lamela and Lucas to start against Burnley. I don't get it. Are they both really so certain to start against Burnley?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

There's a lot of guesswork about team selection match by match at certain teams right now and Spurs are certainly one of them. In fact I recall Pochettino saying recently that no-one would be able to play every game in the busier period apart from maybe Lloris. So I wouldn't say that anyone is nailed, not even Kane (though I doubt he'll miss many). I'm also not sure whether Eriksen is actually fit enough to play 3 games in a week though maybe Pochettino has just been easing him back in after injury. If he is 100% I'd see him as playing the most of all of the midfielders, Spurs don't have anyone to replace what he gives them really.

DeadlySub
Wideboy
FS Record: Beginner

Post by DeadlySub »

I think the reason Son is excluded from a number of predicted lineups is a feeling that it's his turn for a rest after a number of successive starts, and that they'll want to put out a very strong lineup for the league cup game with Arsenal on Wednesday.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

But he keeps getting taken off early which makes me think this trend will continue. On the flip side, it's an 'easy' game so Moura/Lamela are fit and ready (and rested) to come in to the starting xi. Very difficult to know. This appears to me a little like the Laca situation. You have to wonder why a manager would take off a player after 60-70 minutes if they are going to bench them next game anyway. Doesn't make much sense. So in that respect, I would predict Son to start and perhaps Ali or Eriksen to rest.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Unless Son is literally knackered from covering so much ground that he needs to come off the pitch at that time. In which case, I think he'll be benched. :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 09:26 But he keeps getting taken off early which makes me think this trend will continue. On the flip side, it's an 'easy' game so Moura/Lamela are fit and ready (and rested) to come in to the starting xi. Very difficult to know. This appears to me a little like the Laca situation. You have to wonder why a manager would take off a player after 60-70 minutes if they are going to bench them next game anyway. Doesn't make much sense. So in that respect, I would predict Son to start and perhaps Ali or Eriksen to rest.
Well against Barcelona their only purpose was to get a result from that match, so when they did substitutions in that match they didn't think about Burnley match at all. So Pochettino didn't think "hmm, I'm now going to take Son off so that he will be ready against Burnley", he just thought it was a good substitution in order to get a result against Barcelona.

Of course afterwards it might be a factor, but he didn't think about it during Barcelona match.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

DeadlySub wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 09:00 I think the reason Son is excluded from a number of predicted lineups is a feeling that it's his turn for a rest after a number of successive starts, and that they'll want to put out a very strong lineup for the league cup game with Arsenal on Wednesday.
Really? I'd have thought this was well down their list of priorities, regardless of opposition.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

hancockjr wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 09:57
DeadlySub wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 09:00 I think the reason Son is excluded from a number of predicted lineups is a feeling that it's his turn for a rest after a number of successive starts, and that they'll want to put out a very strong lineup for the league cup game with Arsenal on Wednesday.
Really? I'd have thought this was well down their list of priorities, regardless of opposition.
I also think they will put out a strong lineup against Arsenal. I think they want to finally win some trophy, plus they just recently got beaten by Arsenal in quite an embarrassing way.

Just my hunch though, I'm happy to be corrected if someone has better information.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Burnley wont play wirh a lot of width at Wembley, Potch will etiher play with wingbacks, Trippier Rose or Son Moura imo, will depend on fitness levels.

Imo Alli as much chance of a rest as Son due to formation

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DeadlySub
Wideboy
FS Record: Beginner

Post by DeadlySub »

hancockjr wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 09:57
Their fans are definitely seeing the Arsenal game as big, particularly after losing to them recently. Whether that mirrors Poch's priorities remains to be seen.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”