To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW17 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

GW17 Wildcard

Post by Resonare »

What are we thinking? The fixture swing seems to favor the following teams and players:

ARS - Aubameyang, Kolasinac, Bellerin
CHE - Hazard, Alonso
EVE - Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Digne, Keane
FUL - Mitrovic, Kamara, Sessengnon, Schürrle
HUD - Schindler, Lössl
MCI - Sterling, Sané, Bernardo, Mahrez?
MNU - Rashford
TOT - Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Son, Vertonghan
WHU - Chicharito, Anderson, Snodgrass, Fabianski

Current rough draft...

Fabianski Hennessey
Alonso Virgil Digne Schindler AWB
Sterling Sané Richarlison Snodgrass Højbjerg
Kane Aubameyang Kamara

Best I could come up with while having both Kane and Auba. Ideally Kamara would be Mitrovic but if he's out unavailable or picks up a card soon it could be a blessing.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Re: GW17 Wildcard

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

Currently thinking:

Fabianski Hamer
Alonso TAA Laporte Schindler AWB
Sterling Hazard Richarlison Kante Felipe Anderson
Aubameyang Wilson Ings

Giving me £1m in the bank to use on one or two of the following:
1) a better main goalie
2) a better back-up goalie
3) An upgrade on TAA
4) Snodgrass instead of Kante (but is Kante getting the hang of his role? Is Torreira just having a purple patch?)
5) Jiminez instead of Ings

I could of course go for Kamara to free up another million, but he seems dicey.

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

I’d be adding Lukaku as a favourable MNU, probably back as first choice following the Fulham game. Might be drafting him in.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Very tempted now - current team has been on a good run but I've been fortunate and it's looking a bit ragged now. I could do

Tomkins, TAA, Fraser, Martial, DSilva, Murray, Kane, Jiménez
:arrow:
Robertson, Kola, Torriera, Son, Sane, Chica, Auba, Kamara

giving
wc1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Anyone see anything obviously bad in the team above?

Should I be worrying about game time for Kola, Son, Sane and all 3 forwards?

Pretty sure I'd need to pull the trigger tonight as while it gives me 0.4m in the bank it would be silly to throw money away on those that look likely to rise.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Apologies as I far prefer just words s easier to do the Smiley thang.....

Tomkins :) I would go wit W-B or no CP defenders.
TAA :( Gomez is broken?
Fraser :| If Ings wasn't broken I would have brought him in for Gwen. Whether he would start is a different matter as they still do not convince me (I should update the the points vs same opp's thang)
Martial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBsazIACpYM ? He could be dropped next GW and not be seen again until Easter?
DSilva, :shock: with no KdB he starts? That typed I can not pretend that he has rocked my FF rabbles, but with patience he is worth having?
Murray :shock: hold and play for the H matches
Kane, :shock: could be good as fixtures have eased and CL\EL is over for a lil while?
Jiménez I am biased as I do not see then scoring enough and the Toon RC gave them a chance to win?
Robertson 8-)
Kola :shock: Has he done much? Is\are Monreal et al that injured? I am sure that I could dig out the FISO bod that (unknowingly) had me get Bellend in, but it is not a good place to be :lol:
Torriera 8-) Could be on my Bench next GW as a swap for Gwendozi (all sing a long to the tune of Zambezi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoEm441Sbwk, or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdB4M3hEZBs
Son, :| someone posted re him going to Asian Games, as if I remember :lol:
Sane 8-)
Chica 8-) Depending on how long Arnie is out as Carroll will be injured again soon? Strange player, as he is rather good and he should get more mins at WHam? That typed I swerved him today for Zaha and Mitro, although the latter is kinda a way out of one of my fave painters Egon (intersting Doc on I Player atm) Schiele.
Auba :( Is he worth the cash?
Kamara :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I was on him in GW1 and he disappeared, but Ranieri may play him? From the lil I saw in preseason he is far from pants however him, Egon, Sess and Mitro is a tad OTT for the bottom of the table? I do think they will stay up, and there is FPL value somewhere.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

RomynPG wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 22:13 Anyone see anything obviously bad in the team above?

Should I be worrying about game time for Kola, Son, Sane and all 3 forwards?

Pretty sure I'd need to pull the trigger tonight as while it gives me 0.4m in the bank it would be silly to throw money away on those that look likely to rise.
I disagree with Blah tbh. Brighton's next 4 home games are vs Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool - I'd get rid of Dunk and Murray, especially when the latter is already playing reduced minutes.

Overall, I'd WC your current team for sure so yeah I'd make those transfers if you think those players will rise in price soon but I'd also keep in players like Kane who will probably rise as well. I'd refrain from actually pressing the WC button so your transfers still affect the prices though - makes it a bit easier to make a bit of profit :)

For your actual WC team, I'd sell Salah. As a l'pool fan I still expect us to do well during the Xmas period but the fixtures are still MNU, wol, NEW, ARS, mci. Taking into account what Wolves have done vs Top 6 opposition already, only the NEW game looks highly favorable for returns but there's a good chance of rotation for that game since it's followed by ARS and mci. I wouldn't be surprised if Kane, Sterling and Hazard all outscore him by new year tbh.

As for those 3 you mentioned - Kola is probably in the same sort of category as Spurs' fullbacks with Monreal back so expect a benching here or there, Son will probably be off to the Asian games in January but Spurs' next 4 fixtures may very well be worth getting him in anyway, and City's dead rubber CL game will give a good indication of whether Sane starts the next GW or not but with Mendy out until February I'd expect him to start at least as often as Sterling.
Last edited by Resonare on 10 Dec 2018, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

other notes

Tomkins - banned next game (5y) & bench fodder anyway - would prefer someone else
TAA - had Robertson until a coupe fo weeksago - want him back again
Fraser - been good but fixtures a bit mixed up to new year
Martial - better options I think -could always go back when Son goes to tournie in Jan
DSilva - only have 1 MCY and would prefer Sane I think
Murray - not really doing much and next 4 home games are tough anyway
Kane - can't really afford him, Auba and Salah - and fancy a punt on Auba
Kola - been trolled by Kola before but he's played the last few and is getting some points.
Torriera - seems a good choice for 5th MF
Chica - WHM have a good run and it would be good for Chica to get Arnies injury minutes - if he does?
Kamara - 3rd spot on the bench

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Resonare wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 23:54 ..
Kinda looks ore like agreeing :lol:

Have you fired the WC?

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

blahblah wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 00:07
Resonare wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 23:54 ..
Kinda looks ore like agreeing :lol:

Have you fired the WC?
Just about to - 3 on my target list due a rise...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Who?

Would it be -4 or -8?

That's before so few GW's left for the
first.....

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

blahblah wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 00:14 Who?

Would it be -4 or -8?

That's before so few GW's left for the
first.....
Torr.., Auba & Son

No hits - just WC

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Obv no hit if WC, are you carrying a spare?

I quite liked the much frowned on "perfect squad" idea which would have been good as a start for WC threads?

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Thanks Resonare :)
Resonare wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 23:54
For your actual WC team, I'd sell Salah. As a l'pool fan I still expect us to do well during the Xmas period but the fixtures are still MNU, wol, NEW, ARS, mci. Taking into account what Wolves have done vs Top 6 opposition already, only the NEW game looks highly favorable for returns but there's a good chance of rotation for that game since it's followed by ARS and mci. I wouldn't be surprised if Kane, Sterling and Hazard all outscore him by new year tbh.
I might just keep Salah for the next 2 and see what's what then - he would be a easy swap as anyone else is only a single transfer away. He saved me this week so I owe him one :wink:

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

blahblah wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 00:23 Obv no hit if WC, are you carrying a spare?
Yeah - would be wasting a free but just think the time has come...

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Hmm, I have had at least 12 of those :lol:

Copy my Squad, but with Ederson and Torr for Gwendozi :wink: And you should have a few million itb 8-)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

RomynPG wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 15:40 Very tempted now - current team has been on a good run but I've been fortunate and it's looking a bit ragged now. I could do

Tomkins, TAA, Fraser, Martial, DSilva, Murray, Kane, Jiménez
Robertson, Kola, Torriera, Son, Sane, Chica, Auba, Kamara

giving
Sorry a bit late to the party. That's a decent side and certainly an upgrade on what you have. This may be a result of my history with him but I am far from convinced by Chica, he's not scored consistently for a long while now so that feels like chasing last week's points, although if you are going to punt a 6.3m forward is probably a decent place to start.

Despite my trauma this week I still prefer Sterling + cash to Salah but I can understand the alternatives.

I'm not sure it is ideal having to play one of Torreria, Kamara, Dunk or Bennett every week (more likely two of them many weeks), but again we all have to make compromises

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I'm hearing that Spurs struck a deal with S. Korea making Son exempt from playing until after the United game so that's good if you want him as Spurs attacking cover. Still, the risk of going without Kane for the next 10 fixtures is massive. He's almost certain to play every game and be captained in many of them...chances are he'll produce a couple of rank killing hauls in that period.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Fabianski Hennessey
Robertson Luiz Digne Schlinder AWB
Hazard Sane Richarlison Snodgrass Hojberg
Kane Aubameyang Mitrovic

Thoughts on this?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Resonare wrote:Still, the risk of going without Kane for the next 10 fixtures is massive.
I’d like to have him in my team but this is nonsense. Kane’s price at £12.5 is way too high to call him even close to essential at this stage of the season. He has only produced three double-digit hauls so far (10, 12 and 13) and we are in GW17.
Resonare wrote:He's almost certain to play every game and be captained in many of them...
That’s what they said about him this week. :wink:

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Joccki_10 wrote: 10 Dec 2018, 21:50 I’d like to have him in my team but this is nonsense. Kane’s price at £12.5 is way too high to call him even close to essential at this stage of the season. He has only produced three double-digit hauls so far (10, 12 and 13) and we are in GW17.
For me he is essential over this period if Alli, Son and Eriksen are playing alongside him and past seasons support this. Kane with those three is a totally different animal than with average players like Moura and Lamela.

Plus, I'd rather not leave Kane as a differential against my team with those fixtures.
Resonare wrote: That’s what they said about him this week. :wink:
He's more likely to play the upcoming games having been rested, no? I never said he was certain to play...

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Current WC draft pending the City game tomorrow.

Fabianski Hennessey
Alonso Robertson Doherty Digne AWB
Sane Son B.Silva Snodgrass Hojberg
Kane Aubameyang Mitrovic

This is probably the best team I've made with both Kane and Aubameyang. With D. Silva out until the new year's I think B. Silva looks nailed on for a run of games and can be switched to Richarlison later on.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

It doesn't look a popular week to wild card, but I'm on board!

Fabianski / 4.0
Robertson / D Luiz / Doherty / Kola / AWB
Hazard / Richarlison / Sane / F Anderson / Torreira
Kane / Auba / Kamara

Thoughts:

- I was initially reluctant to have a dead spot at S3 (Kamara). But 14 good players should hopefully take me through Christmas. It's essentially a 3 - 5 - 2 / 4 - 4 - 2 with a rotation between Doherty, AWB and Torreira.
- I am not 100% sure on Hazard. In fact, I am not 100% sure if I need that premium mid slot at all, but I prefer Hazard to Salah value-wise and fixture-wise, and Sterling rotation-wise.
- No City defence. This is because I have preferred Luiz / Kola to e.g. Laporte / Schindler. The former looks better (and more fun).
- Auba better pay me back, because this whole structure is pretty much dictated by him.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

eastcentral1 wrote: 12 Dec 2018, 21:48 It doesn't look a popular week to wild card, but I'm on board!

Fabianski / 4.0
Robertson / D Luiz / Doherty / Kola / AWB
Hazard / Richarlison / Sane / F Anderson / Torreira
Kane / Auba / Kamara

Thoughts:

- I was initially reluctant to have a dead spot at S3 (Kamara). But 14 good players should hopefully take me through Christmas. It's essentially a 3 - 5 - 2 / 4 - 4 - 2 with a rotation between Doherty, AWB and Torreira.
- I am not 100% sure on Hazard. In fact, I am not 100% sure if I need that premium mid slot at all, but I prefer Hazard to Salah value-wise and fixture-wise, and Sterling rotation-wise.
- No City defence. This is because I have preferred Luiz / Kola to e.g. Laporte / Schindler. The former looks better (and more fun).
- Auba better pay me back, because this whole structure is pretty much dictated by him.
I've personally gone off getting Kamara in as a 3rd choice forward tbh. I think the bracket is too populated with forwards like Wilson, Jimenez, Mitrovic and Chicharito to allow for it. Looking at the Top 10k, it seems the latter 3 are still differentials which only makes them even more tempting especially since Bournemouth also play Chelsea in the League Cup which complicates Wilson's starts for Top 10k teams.

Hazard is currently in my team as well. Having him gives me more peace of mind to downgrade Alonso to Luiz, similar to yourself but I'm still tinkering with that premium mid spot so nothing's for certain.

City's defence looks very shaky. Without Fernandinho I'm staying well clear. Laporte looks far from worth 6.1m right now with such a low points ceiling.

Aubameyang is a pain but I don't think there's much of an alternative in Arsenal's midfield. Torreira's stats look decent but the risk of Ozil/Ramsey starting and hampering his output is there, plus I'm not convinced that he offers better value than Snodgrass who is only 0.3m more expensive.

Cross examining my current draft with yours...

Fabianski Hennessey
D Luiz Doherty Lovren Kolasinac AWB
Hazard Sane B. Silva Snodgrass Hojberg
Kane Aubameyang Mitrovic

Fabianski vs Fabianski & Hennessey
Robertson vs Lovren (However, Lovren offers a goal threat to perhaps match Robertson's assist threat and both are BPS magnets. Lovren probably offers better value overall.)
Richarlison vs B.Silva
F Anderson vs Snodgrass (Probably a draw in terms of output with both having the same number of points over their last 3, but Snodgrass is better in BPS and offers better value.)
Torreira vs Mitrovic

BuckJones
Kevin and Perry

Post by BuckJones »

Ederson Button
D. Luiz Kolasinac Doherty Schindler WB
Sterling Hazard Sane Son Hojberg
Kane Jimenez Kamara

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

With DSilva out and TAA also(?) I'm glad I pulled the trigger now as my pre-WC team would now be in a very sorry state.

Still set on my first draft but will probably shift Dunk as well ... maybe to Schindler but undecided.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

BuckJones wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 14:17 Ederson Button
D. Luiz Kolasinac Doherty Schindler WB
Sterling Hazard Sane Son Hojberg
Kane Jimenez Kamara
I'd be worried about not having any West Ham attackers. I'd do Jimenez :arrow: Chicharito if you can afford it.

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

A lot of love for Luiz in this thread. Still prefer Laporte even at 6.1. Also not enough love for United attackers. The fixtures after pool could not be tastier. The uncertainty over united attacking options and spurs defenders is why I’ll be delaying the wildcard yet again.

Ps: does anyone else feel like they’ve wasted the wildcard by leaving it this late

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

mandoncare wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 10:27 A lot of love for Luiz in this thread. Still prefer Laporte even at 6.1. Also not enough love for United attackers. The fixtures after pool could not be tastier. The uncertainty over united attacking options and spurs defenders is why I’ll be delaying the wildcard yet again.
Luiz is projected to get about the same number of points as Laporte over the next 5 games according to FFFix.

Also, United forwards are incredibly easily to get in thanks to their price points. Kane and Auba can easily be downgraded to Lukaku and Mitrovic or Chicharito can be switched to Rashford easily enough. I imagine most with Mitrovic are, like myself, going to leave a bit itb to accommodate potentially have to switch him out.

Finally, Spurs defenders other than Lloris, Vertgonhan and Toby will always be shrouded in uncertainty so you've mentioned yet another moot point.
mandoncare wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 10:27 Ps: does anyone else feel like they’ve wasted the wildcard by leaving it this late
Yeah, I regret it already before the GW has even begun :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

A WC now can be combined with one on Jan?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”