To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW17 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: GW17 Wildcard

Post by RomynPG »

blahblah wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 22:37 A WC now can be combined with one on Jan?
Not sure what you mean by combined? but

2 WC = 1 before 29 Dec 14:00 (GW20 deadline) and then 2nd anytime after that.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep, go for tons of points between now and mid Jan* when squad is reset for longer term. Traditionally I do well from Xmas on. If I had a decent start I could rock that plan, but I start shite and struggle to get the season's zeitgeist until I feel very cold, and the nights are long :(

*Or Feb, as I can't pretend to know when the FAC Cup matches etc are.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I prefer to save the 2nd WC for the DGWs, but yeah burning it earlier is a viable option since we have the FH chip to help out around there.

My current WC team is...

Fabianski Button
D.Luiz Lovren Doherty Schindler AWB
Hazard Sane Son Snodgrass Hojberg
Kane Aubameyang Mitrovic

I'm struggling to make a better team than that tbh. The one player I really fear is Anderson against that Fulham defence but Snodgrass will hopefully continue to match him for the good run of games.

Anything you guys can see that can be improved on?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

If you are saving the 2nd, then a WHam(?) mid(when you have Snod) for 1 match is the least of your concerns?

I am a simple soul, and that lot looks rather complicated re formation as 3-4-3 is far from the way to go and the 4-3-3 looks less appealing, imho.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

blahblah wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 00:31 If you are saving the 2nd, then a WHam(?) mid(when you have Snod) for 1 match is the least of your concerns?

I am a simple soul, and that lot looks rather complicated re formation as 3-4-3 is far from the way to go and the 4-3-3 looks less appealing, imho.
Yeah, but I just think Anderson is capable of getting good scores in the short term but the issue is I don't have a good way to use the money from downgrading Son to him. I could get Kolasinac in for Schindler but then I get headaches like benching Doherty (BOU).

It's 3-4-3, I'd play Luiz and Lovren every week except for Lovren's away visit to City. That leaves Doherty, AWB and Schindler rotating for the 3rd spot which is good enough.

Of course, if Sane/Son get benched or Mitrovic gets a second yellow then I could be in trouble but then again so would a lot of manager's I think.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Resonare wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 00:42 Of course, if Sane/Son get benched or Mitrovic gets a second yellow then I could be in trouble but then again so would a lot of manager's I think.
I wasn't going to bring that up.... As if they will all start until mid Jan - do you know Son only has a match "grace" for the Asian cup

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

blahblah wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 00:46
Resonare wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 00:42 Of course, if Sane/Son get benched or Mitrovic gets a second yellow then I could be in trouble but then again so would a lot of manager's I think.
I wasn't going to bring that up.... As if they will all start until mid Jan - do you know Son only has a match "grace" for the Asian cup
Yeah, but I do think Son will start most games because of that. Managers seem to do this with players who go off to tournaments in the season, e.g. Klopp did something similar with Mane a few years back when AFCON took place in the season.

I can probably take Mitrovic missing a game tbh, and on second thought everyone and their mother owns a city mid by now so Sane's benching is a bit of a moot point. That only really leaves Lovren and by mid Jan he might've nailed down a place like he did near the end of last season. Klopp does seem to rate him well and the value he brings if Liverpool continue to keep CSs is immense and a risk worth taking imo. :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Good luck with Doherty (who at best is risky re proper points), Mr List, W-B, Snod and Hoj with a couple of not guaranteed starters :wink:

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

blahblah wrote: 15 Dec 2018, 01:15 Good luck with Doherty (who at best is risky re proper points), Mr List, W-B, Snod and Hoj with a couple of not guaranteed starters :wink:
:lol:

You have a point and I'm willing to gamble. Even if I downgrade Son I'd just end up using the money to get in Kolasinac - another rotation risk player :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Those 2 (or more) wrongs do not make a right :lol:

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

disaster.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Oh, the huge manatee!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”