To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW16 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Your GW16 captain will be...?

Poll ended at 08 Dec 2018, 15:34

Salah
14%
Aubameyang
49%
Lacazette
8%
Martial
No votes
Lukaku
1%
Sterling/Sané
3%
Hazard
1%
Kane
23%
Son/Eriksen
No votes
Richarlison/Siggy
1%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 153

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Re: GW16 Captain

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

Auba (c), although i'm kind've convinced he'll be benched. Not a lot of others to choose from this week for me :(

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Lacazette Captain, Kane Vice

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Kolasinac anyone?

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Kane (C), Salah (VC)

Albert_ini
FISOhead

Post by Albert_ini »

Salah (C)
Kane (VC)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Credits to those who captained Salah. Anyone around with the captaincy numbers at hand?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote: Credits to those who captained Salah. Anyone around with the captaincy numbers at hand?
Yeah, last week I captained him over Kane, this week I captained Aubameyang over Salah. :lol:

Salah has been sold widely in the 10k so is still a big plus for owners, his EO is only 52% in that group and he is the 3rd most popular captain pick. Kane EO 96%, Aubameyang EO 86% are the 1st and 2nd picks.

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote: Credits to those who captained Salah. Anyone around with the captaincy numbers at hand?
Yeah, last week I captained him over Kane, this week I captained Aubameyang over Salah. :lol:

Salah has been sold widely in the 10k so is still a big plus for owners, his EO is only 52% in that group and he is the 3rd most popular captain pick. Kane EO 96%, Aubameyang EO 86% are the 1st and 2nd picks.
Great start to the weekend Image
However, this was supposed to be his last week in my team, it’s going to really muck up my planning.
First World Problems Image

mandoncare
Treebeard

Post by mandoncare »

jacksosi wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 14:11
Ruth_NZ wrote:

Great start to the weekend Image
However, this was supposed to be his last week in my team, it’s going to really muck up my planning.
First World Problems Image
Same. A blank would have made life simple

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Joccki_10 wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 13:40 Credits to those who captained Salah. Anyone around with the captaincy numbers at hand?
13% of top 10k . 15% of overall game (fpldiscovery)

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Salah Salah saviour and lord 🙌

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

I think I need to thank Seth for me not WCing therefore keeping Salah one more week with the armband - nothing else from my squad.

Ancient Egyptian Gods - Seth
The Egyptian God Seth was also known as the god of chaos. According to popular Egyptian mythology it would certainly seem that he created plenty of mayhem and havoc.

Seth certainly having some fun this week :P

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Valeron wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 20:18 Almost no chance Kane is benched, if they had any concerns over his minutes he’d have been subbed off early at 3-0 in midweek. It bodes well for Spurs congested festive fixtures too.

I’m tempted by Ryan this GW, the strategy of captaining someone playing against Burnley has borne fruit time and time again, they’re crap.
How did that strategy work out this week?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Tall Paul wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 22:52 How did that strategy work out this week?
You're expecting a reply? :lol:

Valeron has long since disappeared back under his bridge.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Tall Paul wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 22:52
Valeron wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 20:18 Almost no chance Kane is benched, if they had any concerns over his minutes he’d have been subbed off early at 3-0 in midweek. It bodes well for Spurs congested festive fixtures too.

I’m tempted by Ryan this GW, the strategy of captaining someone playing against Burnley has borne fruit time and time again, they’re crap.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

:mrgreen:

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 22:56
Tall Paul wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 22:52 How did that strategy work out this week?
You're expecting a reply? :lol:

Valeron has long since disappeared back under his bridge.
I've had a drink, indulge me :lol:

Pretty sure we won the xG today as well (but not sure how we did on Val's super secret xG model).

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Britinus »

Triple captained Aubameyang :(

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Bad. Captained Kane and Salah vice. Typical. I’d have been better off captaining Ryan after all.

Just saw your comment earlier in this thread about my ‘ignorant refusal’ to respond, gave me a good laugh. That appears to be what, 15 minutes after you had asked about my xG table I think? What do you want to know about the xG tables I use?

Why do you think I was in such a rush to bet on Burnley to go down, a team that had finished 7th the year before. Because on my stats they were absolute dogshit last season too and got incredibly lucky. Eye test too, outplayed time after time and stole a bunch of 1-0s. I get annoyed with this ‘Europa League has stitched Burnley up’ nonsense because I don’t see their performances as much different to last season only the luck/variance is evening out. The tenner with you is a drop in the ocean by the way. Burnley go down and I shall be treating myself. Nothing personal on my side.

The Kane minutes over the last 2 games thing is a real head scratcher to me. Plenty other captained Kane too so it ain’t just me.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Valeron wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 07:26

Bad. Captained Kane and Salah vice. Typical. I’d have been better off captaining Ryan after all.

Just saw your comment earlier in this thread about my ‘ignorant refusal’ to respond, gave me a good laugh. That appears to be what, 15 minutes after you had asked about my xG table I think? What do you want to know about the xG tables I use?

Why do you think I was in such a rush to bet on Burnley to go down, a team that had finished 7th the year before. Because on my stats they were absolute dogshit last season too and got incredibly lucky. Eye test too, outplayed time after time and stole a bunch of 1-0s. I get annoyed with this ‘Europa League has stitched Burnley up’ nonsense because I don’t see their performances as much different to last season only the luck/variance is evening out. The tenner with you is a drop in the ocean by the way. Burnley go down and I shall be treating myself. Nothing personal on my side.

The Kane minutes over the last 2 games thing is a real head scratcher to me. Plenty other captained Kane too so it ain’t just me.
It's an ignorant refusal because I've asked you about four times to show the evidence you claim to have that Burnley were as bad last season as they have been this season.

Still waiting...

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Tall Paul wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 08:45

It's an ignorant refusal because I've asked you about four times to show the evidence you claim to have that Burnley were as bad last season as they have been this season.

Still waiting...
I didn’t get a single message from you, so how can I reply? Check your outbox.

Didn’t I say their xG is ‘not that different’ from last season? I believe I did, something along those lines. It’s worse, but not by that much. Of course each xG model has its own criteria, mine is not based solely on shots for example as they are flawed. I’m happy with what I use and the conclusions I draw from it, it works well. There’s not a chance in hell I share it with you pal. Nice try though.

Again, nothing personal with me. You and your bully mates on here can scoff at me all you like, Im sitting pretty with Burnley relegation sitting at 1.65 with the bookies. Have a good day sir.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Valeron wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 10:00
Tall Paul wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 08:45

Still waiting...
I didn’t get a single message from you, so how can I reply? Check your outbox.

Didn’t I say their xG is ‘not that different’ from last season? I believe I did, something along those lines. It’s worse, but not by that much. Of course each xG model has its own criteria, mine is not based solely on shots for example as they are flawed. I’m happy with what I use and the conclusions I draw from it, it works well. There’s not a chance in hell I share it with you pal. Nice try though.

Again, nothing personal with me. You and your bully mates on here can scoff at me all you like, Im sitting pretty with Burnley relegation sitting at 1.65 with the bookies. Have a good day sir.
They weren't PM's they were replies to your posts, for which you should have received notifications. HERE is the first time I asked you to show your work when you stated that Burnley's xG isn't much different from last year, despite every publicly available model showing that it is. What makes your model better than understat for example and what evidence do you have that it is better?

Nothing personal with me either, I just don't like being ignored and think that when someone makes a statement they should be willing and able to back it up with evidence.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Roaring success this week, my C and VC accumulated a massive 3 points between them!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”