To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

A cheat has been thrown out, and mini-league manipulation

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
mharv
Treebeard

A cheat has been thrown out, and mini-league manipulation

Post by mharv »

Am copying my post here from the jeff mcgow £50 league section as people should be aware of what has been going on, and contact the organisers if it affects you I think, the previous leader of the £50 entry league was removed this week as his team linked to others in the game.

Now that jeff has made this public, I feel more able to post that dboy8's team was deleted due to it being found by ism to be cheating - ie run by an individual with more than one team. As of this evening (once the matches started and you can see other league tables changing) it s clear that the person who was in charge of dboy8 is moving the other teams he is in charge of into other prize leagues where he is able and has just been removed from. Specifically, his teams D Boy (85238) and M-Pire (128259) have moved onto five other prize leagues, including tipster charlie's league and the turf matters league, and M-Pire is already on top of the bet mclean league with a £1000 prize..
Absolutely certain that these teams are connected - they have been identical in every respect up unitl he got caught out last week, and he admitted there is a connection before the start of the season, and preferred to have a team in his wife's name than post his own name on a public league (though stupidly put it on a forum visible to the public);
https://www.backinamo.com/forum/topic/n ... e/page/10/

There are lots of familiar names in those leagues involved, and several i know from fiso. Although i'm no longer in the running for the cash leagues or irish betting company leagues that I was looking to be doing well in, lots of folk here will be missing out on cash prizes if this Mr. Lam fellow gets away with his antics. I have written to those in charge of the game and would recommend that many many others do as well.

Watch out for new entries to leagues you are in!!!

It has occurred since writing the above, that if the above individual only has one of his teams removed he will move his remaining team across to the league(s) with the most lucrative prizes. There must be a way to get this stopped.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: A cheat has been thrown out, and mini-league manipulation

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Cheat seems like a strong term here.

If one team is paid for and entered in a league, then how is that cheating? Doesn't matter if the manager has 10 or 100 teams, you only need to beat that 1. Having multiple teams in the same league, or switching the entry to a different team after commencement would be a different story, of course, unless the league admin allows it.

Cash leagues are a very murky area seeing that FPL itself discourages them and refuses to support them. Only the league admin is able to define what is acceptable and what isn't. Has any deception occurred? Doesn't look to be the case here from what I can see, he was open about his intentions wasn't he?

Regards multiple teams in the main game, well that is against the rules but seeing that any individual may have a team and manage it however they wish then that can be a grey area too. My wife doesn't have a team any more but she has had in the past and she has sometimes asked me to manage it for her or we have done it together as a kind of project. Is that within the rules? Truth is that no-one but my wife and I would know.

Personally I have fallen foul of being open about this in the past and have been crucified for it. Even though it is not unusual, I could name many well-known managers that have, on occasion, been responsible for more than one team.

Back to your OP, he actually said before commencement that his wife wanted to enter her team so he would withdraw his. It was open, so any objection by another manager should have been made then, not now. In my personal opinion, of course.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

If you were admin of those leagues why would you let new teams join half way through the season?

Or am I missing something ?

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

can't recall whether the admin can lock entry to any kind of league, or only to H2H leagues...

if a league is not locked, it's rather easy to reverse-engineer the code, once you have an entry point in the league
there was a topic openly explaining it here 6 or 7 years ago, and I found it out on my own when I began playing FPL 4 years ago

not mentioning of course that if the original admin didn't change, the original join code the player was given would have remained the same
different would be if he tries to join a league he was never invited into, and which join code is not public (but still easy to find out)

I admit I have some difficulty fully understanding what has happened, from mharv post, and I didn't check in jmg topic

mharv
Treebeard

Post by mharv »

MoSe wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 08:26 can't recall whether the admin can lock entry to any kind of league, or only to H2H leagues...

if a league is not locked, it's rather easy to reverse-engineer the code, once you have an entry point in the league
there was a topic openly explaining it here 6 or 7 years ago, and I found it out on my own when I began playing FPL 4 years ago

not mentioning of course that if the original admin didn't change, the original join code the player was given would have remained the same
different would be if he tries to join a league he was never invited into, and which join code is not public (but still easy to find out)

I admit I have some difficulty fully understanding what has happened, from mharv post, and I didn't check in jmg topic
Sorry if it's not clear; briefly, this dboy player was running three identical teams, each in about 10 prize mini-leagues. One of the teams has been banned (the one that was in the jeff mcgow £50 league) and dboy has been able to re-enter leagues that his banned team was chucked out of, with his other teams. There is a couple of grands worth of prizes at stake.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

mharv wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 23:42... dboy8's team was deleted due to it being found by ism to be cheating - ie run by an individual with more than one team. [...]
MoSe wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 08:26I admit I have some difficulty fully understanding what has happened, from mharv post, and I didn't check in jmg topic
just to give it a bit more context...
jeffmcgow wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 14:24 List of Entrants and Prize Money
6. dboy8 - Ayew Shaw its Tosun? https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/ent ... 56/history
last posted standings were GW13
viewtopic.php?p=3269135#p3269135
with that team at the league top with 913p
dboy8 deleted.png
in GW14 & 15
dboy8 gw14.png
his Points page keeps getting updated
his GP get normally recorded
his OP got updated for GW14 (913+59=972), but didn't for GW15
his GR is blank
his OR is blank for GW14 (would've still been inside top 100) and 0 for GW15
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

mharv wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 09:49
MoSe wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 08:26 I admit I have some difficulty fully understanding what has happened, from mharv post, and I didn't check in jmg topic
- this dboy player was running three identical teams, each in about 10 prize mini-leagues.
- One of the teams has been banned (the one that was in the jeff mcgow £50 league)
- dboy has been able to re-enter leagues that his banned team was chucked out of, with his other teams.
There is a couple of grands worth of prizes at stake.
thx mharv for clarifications, it was my difficulty, not yours :)

as considered above with carver

- it's weird that a cash league admin didn't think to LOCK a league once the league was underway.
Unless he accepted that players could join underway (?) a fee is a fee ;)

- even if one as a player is given a league join code, and registers a specific team (i.e. FPL ID) to join it,
it's hardly justifiable that he uses that same code later to enter a different team (different FPL ID)
Even if it wasn't the cash game admin who expelled the team from his cash league, but the FPL towers to Delete it altogether

- FPL Towers enforce their own rules, and they state that one team per person is allowed (although in some other document is stated that's one Fantasy team per PL site account...)
so if you break FPL rules, and they spot you, they rightfully take action

- in some sites there's no clear-cut consensus about it, there was a heated debate here too last season.
Locally, if a double team is spotted for some Manager, some local sidegame admins are more lenient than others about it.

- of course in a sidegame, or cash league, it's habit that the entrant manager declares beforehand which team (FPL ID) he'll be using for that game
It won't be tolerated that he enters 2 different teams in the same game, or that he switches to a 2nd different team halfway.
Different matter if he uses one team in one game, and another team in another game.
For FPL it's still and infringement, and they'll delete one team (not both? :?) if they spot him.
But if he doesn't get spotted by FPL, the single cash/sidegame admin might not be bothered by it

- Usually, multiple teams are intended to be played differently, to suit different kind of games or goals
Typical example, optimal Classic play is different from optimal H2H play. And in Classical, you could use different tactics if you just aim for top spots Overall, or if you just want to beat your ML opponent 1-on-1 (although many disagree about that)

- There's still tho who maintain that, regardless FPL action, if you optimise your Classic play with one team in a Classic League, and you optimise you H2H play with the other team in a H2H League, you'd be gaining an unfair advantage over all his opponents who play a regular single all-purpose team, in either or both leagues. Unless, his opponents knew and accepted such situation beforehand ;)
As in all fields, you can find talebans, devilmaycare, tolerant, superficial and/or oblivious ones, regarding the same subject ;)

- if all the 3 teams in the case at hand were identically managed, i.e. each team was identical under every aspect to the other two, always regardless FPL actions, it's a rather weird situation, and I honestly fail to see where and how he could have taken advantage that way... :? FPL "formalities" apart
I would think it's just a way to "bypass" the annoying FPL-imposed 15-leagues cap limit :roll:
For instance if you want to play 30 cash leagues, to maximise your own chances, you can't... unless: you register two teams, and enter them in 15 different leagues each.
FPL "formalities" apart, there's many who don't see any harm in doing that.
Even moreso if the two teams are identically managed, they'd be practically the same team, only that you need TWO FPL IDs to enter 30 private leagues

- we had at least one case of a well known fiso poster who I spotted using two different teams, and I openly reported that in my Fiso team owners list
IIRC it happened for a couple season, and last one if I'm not mistaken he registered one team in a sidegame and the other one in another. The respective admins were not bothered by that afaik
The two teams had similar scores across all season, but were not identical, and the purpose was clearly to be able to join more than 15 private leagues
I won't be repeating the username here, but it's no secret, and you should easily spot him if you check my last seasons WHO PLAYS WHAT topics.
Personally, I had just risen my left brow (one-sided, Ancelotti-like 8-) ) but didn't stress nor highlight the issue :| and nobody objected, that I know

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”