To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Aubameyang and Lacazette

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Aubameyang and Lacazette

Post by Finisher1 »

Which one of them is likely to play more minutes in December? I know both of them are included in the strongest possible lineup, but this season we have seen either of them can be easily benched surprisingly or not-so-surprisingly. So which one of them is more unlikely to face these annoying benchings?

Also I think it's very important to assess which one of them is likely to play up front? I know it has been Lacazette most of times so far, but yesterday even when Lacazette was subbed in Aubameyang still continued playing up front. Is it likely that Aubameyang will continue up front, and Lacazette playing out wide?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Aubameyang and Lacazette

Post by Resonare »

It looked to me like Arsenal were playing a diamond when Lacazette and Ramsey were subbed on.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I think Aub in general will start more but who knows over Christmas. I'm sure the formation after the sub yesterday would have been Aub LW & Laca ST however with formations nowadays they aren't as concrete as they used to be. I would just assume that if they are both on they will both be in the middle or drifting out wide at times. Aub is on pens but they've been known to share them in the past.

I've just gone safe with Kane instead and I swear if Son starts up front and he's rested at any stage I will not be happy.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

I brought lacazzette in last night and might double up with Aub for there run of fixtures into the new year and see how i get on

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Think they are both pretty nailed to be fair, in whatever formation

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Stevieste wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 17:11 I brought lacazzette in last night and might double up with Aub for there run of fixtures into the new year and see how i get on
Been planning a mini WC (after my actual WC flopped) and can see doubling up working alongside Arnautovic. Still got Sane and Sterling.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Lacazette was never really firing before his injury despite being in the centre. Aubameyang as outscoring Lacazette from the wing and from the bench.

I feel emery has no qualms putting either on bench. He likes to be able to change games from the bench .

In any case I’m probably shifting Lacazette for Kane . I just want to play it safe over Xmas or at least over the next few game. I trust Kane with the (c) and only way I can get him in is by losing Lacazette.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

Ive now got both of these in my team until the new year.
Is any else contemplating them both ?

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Stevieste wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 15:26 Ive now got both of these in my team until the new year.
Yeah with Arnie out I'm contemplating it. Already have Aubemayang in place. Will see what Emery does tonight and who starts in the centre out of the 2 (or maybe both of them will!). Arnie has to go now, so the options for me essentially boil down a straight swap to Wilson/Mitro, a downgrade to Jiminez/Ings (Ings potentially interests me again under the new manager, when fit), or an upgrade to Lacazette. Of that lot Lacazette has by far the best fixtures...not to mention he's playing in the most attacking team. I'm tempted....its a high risk, high reward play I think.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Tempted to bring Laca in for Arnie, got the exact funds. Originally wanted Auba but he's shot up .3 and will require a hit or 2 to fund the move.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

TheRumourMill wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 16:14
Stevieste wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 15:26 Ive now got both of these in my team until the new year.
Yeah with Arnie out I'm contemplating it. Already have Aubemayang in place. Will see what Emery does tonight and who starts in the centre out of the 2 (or maybe both of them will!). Arnie has to go now, so the options for me essentially boil down a straight swap to Wilson/Mitro, a downgrade to Jiminez/Ings (Ings potentially interests me again under the new manager, when fit), or an upgrade to Lacazette. Of that lot Lacazette has by far the best fixtures...not to mention he's playing in the most attacking team. I'm tempted....its a high risk, high reward play I think.
I don't think it's a high risk at all. Lacazette is fantasy gold, if only he starts matches.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

I think the risk comes in having 20.6m tied up in the attack of one side. With Man City, they score so many goals (and are expected to do so) that having that amount of money invested in their attack isn't so much of a risk, with Arsenal though, they aren't at that level, so its decidedly more risky.

Looking at actual goals scored, Arsenal are second only to City with 32 goals, but their expected goals total only 20. So they are potentially overperforming by 12 goals, or by 60%. Thats quite a lot. So if this hot shooting streak they are on regresses back to something more sustainable, they potentially aren't going to justify their high price.

On the other hand, the first few weeks must have included an element of Emery settling in, understanding the league and his players, and adapting to the opposition and English football as a whole too. He's come through all that quite well (with points on the board), has managed to rest most of his squad in Europe (and qualify for knockouts), and has just delivered a statement win over the clubs biggest rivals. Psycholigically for the club, this is all good stuff, and could lead to increased performances going forward. They have the fixtures coming up to really capitalise on this momentum.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

TheRumourMill wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 17:31 I think the risk comes in having 20.6m tied up in the attack of one side. With Man City, they score so many goals (and are expected to do so) that having that amount of money invested in their attack isn't so much of a risk, with Arsenal though, they aren't at that level, so its decidedly more risky.

Looking at actual goals scored, Arsenal are second only to City with 32 goals, but their expected goals total only 20. So they are potentially overperforming by 12 goals, or by 60%. Thats quite a lot. So if this hot shooting streak they are on regresses back to something more sustainable, they potentially aren't going to justify their high price.
They are likely to score well in those fixtures. Both of them are good picks.

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

If they can score 4 past Spurs, i dread to think how lethal they could be against, Huddersfield, southampton and Burnley in there next 3 games, as they really are the whooping boys at the moment.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

If you double up your 3rd striker has to be Wilson right ?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Aubameyang starts up front, Lacazette starts on the bench.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Aubameyang has played a lot recently could easy be benched for Huddersfield . Depends on Lacazette fitness I guess

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

carver wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 21:43 Aubameyang has played a lot recently could easy be benched for Huddersfield . Depends on Lacazette fitness I guess
Yep, not sure I'll captain him although he has scored a lot while coming off the bench.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Who would you bring in now?

gio
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 16/17 21K, 17/18 17K, 18/19 600K, 19/20 2K
TFF 17/18 2000, 18/19 500, 19/20 2000
TFF WC18 81st

Post by gio »

With Arsenal not in Champions League, they don't have a huge need to reserve players, they will have a whole week to recover, play the reserves in the Europa League. So I would say both Lacazette and Aubameyang will start

I am going with Laca, I think worth the 1.5 million savings. I don't reach with budget to Auba anyways :)

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I'm going with Laca too, expecting him to start at the weekend and then get a run back in the team, think that he can at least match Auba over this Christmas period and the 1.5m saving makes him the better option for me. Prior to his injury before the international break he'd started nine league games in a row and they always look better when he plays. Still under 10% ownership and compared to the near 30% on Auba I like his differential factor too.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Laca for me I think. Like them both though

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Gone with Laca.

NYHammer
Wideboy
FS Record: Not bad, could be better

Post by NYHammer »

I’ve gone for both plus Kane. Nice captain rotation and I’m not mad keen on any of the premium mids at the moment except Sterling. So spending more money up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

From4corners wrote:
carver wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 21:43 Aubameyang has played a lot recently could easy be benched for Huddersfield . Depends on Lacazette fitness I guess
Yep, not sure I'll captain him although he has scored a lot while coming off the bench.
Aubameyang hasn’t played a single minute in the international break only two weeks ago. After the break Aubameyang has played 90 minutes three times - just one midweek game - and he will/could have a week off after Huddersfield. I would be very, very surprised if Aubameyang is benched this weekend. I wouldn’t even call it a rest.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Joccki_10 wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 07:27
From4corners wrote:
Aubameyang hasn’t played a single minute in the international break only two weeks ago. After the break Aubameyang has played 90 minutes three times - just one midweek game - and he will/could have a week off after Huddersfield. I would be very, very surprised if Aubameyang is benched this weekend. I wouldn’t even call it a rest.
Maybe . But very rare for Lacazette and Aubemyang to start together . Might just prefer to start him Aubemyang from bench this time .

Tel The Gooner
Kevin and Perry

Post by Tel The Gooner »

I've got Lacazette and made him captain as I think he'll start tomorrow having been on the bench for the last 2 games. Auba has had 2 tough games and hasn't been substituted either as he was earlier in the season which is why I expect him to be on the bench tomorrow. Just my opinion of course.......

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

carver wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 10:18
Joccki_10 wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 07:27
From4corners wrote:
Maybe . But very rare for Lacazette and Aubemyang to start together . Might just prefer to start him Aubemyang from bench this time .
Is it?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

As soon as i bring in these 2, they appear in the newspapers taking hippy crack ballons.

If they get dropped as punishment, then that will sum my season so far right up

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Stevieste wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 12:54 As soon as i bring in these 2, they appear in the newspapers taking hippy crack ballons.

If they get dropped as punishment, then that will sum my season so far right up
It was 4 months ago.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”