To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW14 Captain

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Choose your captain.

Poll ended at 02 Dec 2018, 00:14

Sergio Agüero (BOU)
45%
Dele Alli (ars)
1%
Marcos Alonso (FUL)
1%
Marko Arnautović (new)
No votes
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (TOT)
No votes
Christian Eriksen (ars)
No votes
Roberto Firmino (EVE)
No votes
Eden Hazard (FUL)
20%
Raúl Jiménez (car)
No votes
Harry Kane (ars)
1%
Alexandre Lacazette (TOT)
1%
Sadio Mané (EVE)
No votes
Anthony Martial (sou)
No votes
Álvaro Morata (FUL)
1%
Richarlison (liv)
No votes
Mohamed Salah (EVE)
6%
Leroy Sané (BOU)
1%
Christopher Schindler (BHA) (just for Joccki)
No votes
Gylfi Sigurðsson (liv)
No votes
David Silva (BOU)
No votes
Son Heung-min (ars)
No votes
Raheem Sterling (BOU)
22%
Jamie Vardy (WAT)
No votes
Wilfried Zaha (BUR)
1%
Other
1%

Total votes: 119

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

GW14 Captain

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Strange not to see a captain poll less than 24 hours before a deadline, would be a shame if we didn't do one so here it is.

It's got to be a City player for me this week. Bournemouth have done well so far but they play an open game and City traditionally pick them off with ease at the Etihad (5-1, 4-0, 4-0 since Bournemouth were promoted). Sterling now looks to be as good a captain pick as Agüero so the band is on him at the minute (Agüero has two double-digit hauls so far this season, Sterling has four, and from two fewer starts). Hopefully Sterling continues his cracking form this weekend.

Hazard will be a popular pick but he's nursing an ankle injury, Chelsea haven't looked fluid lately, and Fulham are on the up under Ranieri, although they're still cursed with some very poor defenders and I'd caution against reading too much into a slapdash home win against Southampton, quite possibly the worst team in the division.

Post your thoughts and your captain picks below.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: GW14 Captain

Post by blahblah »

Silent T to gain some salvation for last weekend :evil: :evil: :evil:

While the Che\Ful match could be the one to watch as a neutral Herr List may not be a bad shout for banding :wink:

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

I'm braving this week without any City attackers. Hazard to the rescue.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Sterling (c)
Aguero (vc)

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Could be a complete lottery with which City player gets the haul this week.

Aguero (c), Sane (vc)

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Hazard, or maybe Salah. Hazard having 2 tough matches later in the week plus ankle knock concerns me with his pitch time. Too much risk of a 1-point sub appearance with the City players, including Aguero this weekend.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Sterling (c)
Alonso (v)

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

Sterling (c)
Sane (v)

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Valeron wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 05:01 Hazard, or maybe Salah. Hazard having 2 tough matches later in the week plus ankle knock concerns me with his pitch time. Too much risk of a 1-point sub appearance with the City players, including Aguero this weekend.
Any chance of an answer to my question to you in the Rounded Keeper thread?

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

Tall Paul wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 08:03
Valeron wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 05:01 Hazard, or maybe Salah. Hazard having 2 tough matches later in the week plus ankle knock concerns me with his pitch time. Too much risk of a 1-point sub appearance with the City players, including Aguero this weekend.
Any chance of an answer to my question to you in the Rounded Keeper threat

Think Jesus maybe flagged so more chance of Sergio playing longer,I am worried about this to but thought there was more chance of Sterling getting less mins with Mahrez waiting in the wings,plus I think Sergio is due a big haul soon,and tend to score better when at home.

so for me Sergio (C) Salad (vc)

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 01:33 I'm braving this week without any City attackers. Hazard to the rescue.
ARE YOU CLUCKING INSANE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Budhabhoy wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 08:23
Any chance of an answer to my question to you in the Rounded Keeper threat

Think Jesus maybe flagged so more chance of Sergio playing longer,I am worried about this to but thought there was more chance of Sterling getting less mins with Mahrez waiting in the wings,plus I think Sergio is due a big haul soon,and tend to score better when at home.

so for me Sergio (C) Salad (vc)
Not sure why you've quoted me there, but thanks for your insight :lol:

On topic, I'm torn between Hazard and Sterling.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Sterling (c)
Watch the Sterling bubble burst now ...
Salah (vc)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Any chance of an answer to my question to you in the Rounded Keeper thread?
Or indeed to mine, I simply must find out who were the best team in the league the year Leicester won it. :lol:

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Salah (c), David Silva (vc).

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Aguero (C)
Hazard (VC)

for their last hurrahs before they both get the boot.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Decided to Captain Mahrez this week, im expecting him to start and do well.

I can see Sterling having a 15 min cameo at the end and upset all the captain picks on him.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Stevieste wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 12:05 Decided to Captain Mahrez this week, im expecting him to start and do well.

I can see Sterling having a 15 min cameo at the end and upset all the captain picks on him.
I've just transferred Sterling in for Mahrez, so it's a decent possibility :lol:

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

Aguero (c)
Hazard (v)

Because of xG that I don't really understand but seems fair enough and flags and Morata.

Demo
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Demo »

Aguero (c)
Salah (v)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Sterling with Alonso vice.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

I think I’m going to go for Sané.

There may be scenes at 2pm tomorrow...

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Surprised to see mention of Hazard here. We don't know for sure that he's fit, do we?

I'll be bringing Sterling in this GW, but will likely captain Aguero. Shall mull it over a little more this afternoon.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

MPTree wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 15:31 Surprised to see mention of Hazard here. We don't know for sure that he's fit, do we?

I'll be bringing Sterling in this GW, but will likely captain Aguero. Shall mull it over a little more this afternoon.
who are you bringing Sterling in for? I'm tempted to drop Hazard for him but Hazard at home to Fulham could be a bloodbath. He could also easily be rested or eased back in so I'm torn

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

slyger wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 17:12
MPTree wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 15:31 Surprised to see mention of Hazard here. We don't know for sure that he's fit, do we?

who are you bringing Sterling in for? I'm tempted to drop Hazard for him but Hazard at home to Fulham could be a bloodbath. He could also easily be rested or eased back in so I'm torn
Yes, I'm moving Hazard out for Sterling for a few reasons:

1. I think he'll 'probably' play the Fulham game, but 'probably' isn't quite enough for me to hold him.
2. Price swings in either direction. Sterling is such an obvious replacement for Haz that we could see those price swings continue into next week too.
3. I've come to the conclusion that Sterling is a better long term pick than Hazard anyway (though this GW I'd favour Hazard).

So it's a close one but it feels like the most sensible and obvious move, which I tend to think are the best kinds of transfers. So I'll go for it.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

MPTree wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 17:21

1. I think he'll 'probably' play the Fulham game, but 'probably' isn't quite enough for me to hold him.
2. Price swings in either direction. Sterling is such an obvious replacement for Haz that we could see those price swings continue into next week too.
3. I've come to the conclusion that Sterling is a better long term pick than Hazard anyway (though this GW I'd favour Hazard).

So it's a close one but it feels like the most sensible and obvious move, which I tend to think are the best kinds of transfers. So I'll go for it.
Fair points and I agree. I wasn't expecting the Sterling .1 rise last night or I could do a straight swap from Hazard to Sterling. I now have to take a hit to move Digne to someone 4.7 or cheaper. Do you think it's still worth a hit?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Kun C, Salah V

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

slyger wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 17:26
MPTree wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 17:21

Fair points and I agree. I wasn't expecting the Sterling .1 rise last night or I could do a straight swap from Hazard to Sterling. I now have to take a hit to move Digne to someone 4.7 or cheaper. Do you think it's still worth a hit?
I wouldn't normally take a hit in these circumstances, but if you've got a good replacement in mind for Digne then it could be worth it. Digne's fixtures aren't the kindest after all. Follow your nose, that's what I say. It's a tough one though.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

MPTree wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 18:28 Follow your nose, that's what I say.
What if you're Pinocchio?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Went for Sterling, because let's face it he's my surrogate for Aguero 😂

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”