To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

It's so close

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stena Bib
FISOhead
FS Record: Finished 530 FPL 2018/19

It's so close

Post by Stena Bib »

It's not my work.[Reddit] But amazing How close it is :D

Some will have used chips as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: It's so close

Post by Tacalabala »

The first page still has a massive gap.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

I don't follow reddit (I don't follow any twitter account)
but spurred on by raoul and RNZ,
I checked the point gaps between rank ~165k and rank ~240k after GW13 (because that's the rank improvement raoul had this GW :D)
viewtopic.php?p=3268870#p3268870
and found out that actually such gap is larger this season with respect to previous two ones, albeit marginally

2018/19 12p gap
2017/18   9p gap
2016/17 10p gap

In general, saying something is "close" would bear more information if it's compared with how close is it usually

I don't have FPL data, but I have Fiso Forum League data complete with OP and OR for every GW since 16/17
(I also have some Forum League data for 15/16, but maybe not every GW, and without OR)
and that's over 1k teams sample, more top-heavy than average FPL, but still covering the whole rankings range, except maybe the extremes (i.e. rather sparse points inside 1k)

I had in mind to plot such data in some graph, I might add it here if I can carve some time from work

MIND, this would not be to "confute" in any way the reddit data reported by Stena Bib
Excellent and very interesting initiative, Stena Bib! :D

it would be just to "expand" and "complete" the perspective of the "it's so close" title

...HOW close? :innocent:
that is, closer, or further apart, than it used to be, recently?

8-)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Forum League Data https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... VM9VcHcT58 (OP/OR only)

a steeper line here means fewer points (horizontal) separate the same ranks span (vertical)
FFL gw13 last3 ORvsOP LogRank.gif

and for those who don't like Log10 scale...
FFL gw13 last3 ORvsOP linear Rank.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

it might not be easy to evaluate gaps from a chart "at sight"

so here we go

- as I said, I didn't consider gaps between teams at the top (inside top 1k), because I only have sparse data there for last two seasons

- I prefer to use 10 20 50 100 divisions, rather than reddit's et al. 10 25 50 100.
   The ratios are x2 x2.5 x2 rather than x2.5 x2 x2, so it's about the same... only in a log scale 20 would fall closer to a straight line than 25

- where I lacked data on the threshold, I tried to interpolate.
   Tested that it works matching that data with this season actual FPL Pts, so I trust interpolation wouldn't bear more than 1p difference in past seasons too
FFL gw13 last3 rk-pts table.gif
FFL gw13 last3 gaps summary.gif
FFL gw13 last3 gaps chart.gif
for rank intervals between 2k and 20k the gaps are wider this season by 2 or 3p wrt last one
for rank intervals between 20k and 200k the gaps are wider this season by 4 or 5p wrt last one
for the rank interval between 200k and 500k the gap is wider this season by 9p wrt last one

two seasons ago the gaps were also marginally wider than last season, but still significantly closer than in this one
______

so, I would not push af far as saying that's a MYTH debunked,
and I've no idea wheter reddit had an agenda to highlight that, or if they had been superficial,
or if they're just like newborns, i.e. oblivious of what happened in the past (and I'm not interested in investigating their motives ;) )

but if you think the gaps this season are close,
well, they're tho significantly wider than it used to be, last season, and two seasons ago as well
(although to a smaller extent)

Only above 1M rank this season (up to 2M) the gap is inbetween last season (still higher by 3p) and 2 seasons ago
that's probably due to the increasing entrants numbers, causing top 1M to be just 17% now, while it was at least 20% of the field in the past

Redsnout
Treebeard
FS Record: 676 - FPL (2016-17)

Post by Redsnout »

Great analysis MoSe.
MoSe wrote: so, I would not push af far as saying that's a MYTH debunked,
and I've no idea wheter reddit had an agenda to highlight that, or if they had been superficial,
or if they're just like newborns, i.e. oblivious of what happened in the past (and I'm not interested in investigating their motives ;) )
AFAIK, reddit didn't post that with SB's title, nor conveyed that message. This breakdown of points is a regular weekly post there.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”