To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

<Insert punny title here> GW13 scores

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: <Insert punny title here> GW13 scores

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah, they have odd rules about spend in the XI otherwise I'm sure it would have been reversed. But I was referring to the Scout Picks squad anyway.
Raoul's 'non-template' team has 8 of their 14 selections. :lol:

suckitandsee
Treebeard

Post by suckitandsee »

Caf wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 22:19 28 here. I’m fine.

Plus one for a 28 :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

63 (-4) w/ Dubravka to go.

Happy with it considering I don't have any City or Spurs atm.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 09:48 Yeah, they have odd rules about spend in the XI otherwise I'm sure it would have been reversed. But I was referring to the Scout Picks squad anyway.
OK, I'm not privy with the methods of the scout picks (and I'd have some trouble myself considering someONE's single GW proposed best XI a "template")
I don't even look at it most weeks

I think it sensible that a team breaking fpl budget rules couldn't be a "template" as it woulnd't be "achievable"
So if ScoutJoe (or whoever) tries to keep it within a reasonable budget, it sounds about right.
Didn' t check the current cost of the 11 or 14 Scout Picks, and there's the added difficulty that Prices have been going up and down, and the real purchase power of a generic team can be higher than 100.0m
  • as a test tried to change my team into ScoutJoe's GW13 starting XI "template" (I had already transferred in Digne for GW13 without looking there), and to afford that XI I'd also have to downgrade McCarthy Duffy Schindler to cheaper enablers Boruc Stankovic Kelly. Couldn't afford Lindelof, nor even Murray, having to stick with Wilson
    my team was worth 102.4m, I think I lost 0.6m in fees so the changed team is worth 101.8m including 11.8m for the 3 cheapo fillers, and 6.8m for Wilson who I can only sell for 6.4m tho
BTW, looking at the scout picks a bit better now,
I realise the XI are already a 3-5-2, whilst the Bench is one possible alternative for each outfiled position.
This entails the 14 Scout Pick themselves CANNOT be a valid team, as they'd be a GK-4-6-3 and you can't have 6 mids in your FPL team
So, definitely, Sigurdsson being on the Scout Picks Bench is a clear indication that he'd be a second string option there.
Eventually Lindelof could enter the XI if one would prefer to play 4 at the back, or Murray enter the XI if one wants to play 3 fwd,
But Sigurdsson is the ONLY player in those scout picks who's definitely 2nd string, a 6th mid option to be picked even behind Gudmundsson who made the starting XI in a 5 midfield.

Anyway, 6th mid in gw13 ScoutJoe's "template" XI is still something
And he's also the 10th most owned mid amongst top 10K FPL teams
So, NOT a template team player, but definitely one to keep in consideration as alternative if you'd like to veer off the most popular players in the best FPL teams
_____

those details apart, and not interested to argue whether raoul's big OR jump is really related to this GW scores structure, or whether he made proper use of the word "template",
it's a fact so far this GW, more than in most others (it only happened in GW9 afaik),
that the most popular players owned by the best ten thousand teams in first 12 GW standings, have performed in general a bit worse than their alternatives, more popular in the teams ranked between 0.5M and 2.5M

this is clearly summarised by the distribution of GW avg in 5% intervals across the whole FPL field, with top 5% teams scoring worse than the bulk
and I think that despite making maybe the wrong correlations and using maybe a term improperly, that's what raoul meant. At least that's how I read it

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 08:51
raoul wrote:For the record Siggy's ownership was well below 10% last time I looked.
The template has nothing to do with overall ownership. It has to do with the players that are being advocated on FFS and other, similar sites. Outside of that you just have managers picking players they personally like, for whatever reason. Sigurdsson figured in the "Scout Picks" selection for GW13 (along with Gudmundsson actually) and has been widely supported on that site recently, including in an article produced for the FPL website.
then my apologies for misusing the word template, which I took to mean people's current squads rather than what better managers might do if they had sufficient transfers to achieve it. I went up from round 240k to around 167k which seemed a large rise given my score so far (61) is not bad rather than spectacular. Just seemed a much bigger rise than I would have expected, that's all.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

As far as I know, the ranks are still separated by relatively few points, more than is usual one-third of the way through. So 10 points better or worse than average can make quite a big difference in OR terms.

It was the word "template" that was a red rag to my bull. Probably should have let it go. :oops:

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

73 with autosub (-0).

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

61 here.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

MoSe wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 11:31
Ruth_NZ wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 09:48 Yeah, they have odd rules about spend in the XI otherwise I'm sure it would have been reversed. But I was referring to the Scout Picks squad anyway.
OK, I'm not privy with the methods of the scout picks (and I'd have some trouble myself considering someONE's single GW proposed best XI a "template")
I don't even look at it most weeks

I think it sensible that a team breaking fpl budget rules couldn't be a "template" as it woulnd't be "achievable"
So if ScoutJoe (or whoever) tries to keep it within a reasonable budget, it sounds about right.
Didn' t check the current cost of the 11 or 14 Scout Picks, and there's the added difficulty that Prices have been going up and down, and the real purchase power of a generic team can be higher than 100.0m
  • as a test tried to change my team into ScoutJoe's GW13 starting XI "template" (I had already transferred in Digne for GW13 without looking there), and to afford that XI I'd also have to downgrade McCarthy Duffy Schindler to cheaper enablers Boruc Stankovic Kelly. Couldn't afford Lindelof, nor even Murray, having to stick with Wilson
    my team was worth 102.4m, I think I lost 0.6m in fees so the changed team is worth 101.8m including 11.8m for the 3 cheapo fillers, and 6.8m for Wilson who I can only sell for 6.4m tho
BTW, looking at the scout picks a bit better now,
I realise the XI are already a 3-5-2, whilst the Bench is one possible alternative for each outfiled position.
This entails the 14 Scout Pick themselves CANNOT be a valid team, as they'd be a GK-4-6-3 and you can't have 6 mids in your FPL team
So, definitely, Sigurdsson being on the Scout Picks Bench is a clear indication that he'd be a second string option there.
Eventually Lindelof could enter the XI if one would prefer to play 4 at the back, or Murray enter the XI if one wants to play 3 fwd,
But Sigurdsson is the ONLY player in those scout picks who's definitely 2nd string, a 6th mid option to be picked even behind Gudmundsson who made the starting XI in a 5 midfield.

Anyway, 6th mid in gw13 ScoutJoe's "template" XI is still something
And he's also the 10th most owned mid amongst top 10K FPL teams
So, NOT a template team player, but definitely one to keep in consideration as alternative if you'd like to veer off the most popular players in the best FPL teams
_____

those details apart, and not interested to argue whether raoul's big OR jump is really related to this GW scores structure, or whether he made proper use of the word "template",
it's a fact so far this GW, more than in most others (it only happened in GW9 afaik),
that the most popular players owned by the best ten thousand teams in first 12 GW standings, have performed in general a bit worse than their alternatives, more popular in the teams ranked between 0.5M and 2.5M

this is clearly summarised by the distribution of GW avg in 5% intervals across the whole FPL field, with top 5% teams scoring worse than the bulk
and I think that despite making maybe the wrong correlations and using maybe a term improperly, that's what raoul meant. At least that's how I read it
yep that was the point I was getting at. Badly it seems :D

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 13:18 As far as I know, the ranks are still separated by relatively few points, more than is usual one-third of the way through. So 10 points better or worse than average can make quite a big difference in OR terms.

It was the word "template" that was a red rag to my bull. Probably should have let it go. :oops:
More than happy to be put right :)

I should probably be relieved that so many seem to have Hazard rather than Sterling, given that I have neither.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 13:18 As far as I know, the ranks are still separated by relatively few points, more than is usual one-third of the way through. So 10 points better or worse than average can make quite a big difference in OR terms.

1. still, raoul's ~30% OR improvement got enhanced as being 240k the "neighborhood" avg in top 290k was 1p lower than had he started around rank 800k

2. on the contrary, I was glad you had pointed us out the actual primary acception of the word "template"
raoul wrote:For the record Siggy's ownership was well below 10% last time I looked.
The template has nothing to do with overall ownership.
It has to do with the players that are being advocated on FFS and other, similar sites.
Outside of that you just have managers picking players they personally like, for whatever reason. <snip>
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/template
   2. anything that determines or serves as a pattern; a model
although not explicited, the examples suggest that a template is something that is set, defined (e.g. by someone)

it's true tho that in past 4 seasons here on FISO, I've always seen it used in the sense that it can *emerge* from actual data, and get *recognised* rather than *defined*
despite thousands of "agents" picked players for their own reasons, if the environment constraints (FPL prices, player performances in FPL points, etc) drove the most agenst to make all the same picks, well that's a de-facto template.
The most players, or the most players faring better in the game, made mostly the same choices. A de-facto template.
I wouldn't be less interested in a de-facto FPL top 10k teams template, than in FFS GWx ScoutPicks one (which, by its nature, is supposed to heavily change every GW?)
No, I lied. I'm MUCH more interested in a de-facto template (based on FPL ownership data), rather than in a template defined by some "guru". I know, a possible objection is that a de-facto template is like following the flock. Well, to me that IS the definition and purpose of a template: showing where the flock is going. Then is up to me to decide whether, or how much, to follow it, or not.
Then you can also have templates collectively defined from shared knowledge and discussion.
Like when in Fiso mid-season the focus was put on some significant players who stood out TO US, but got maybe overlookd by the FPL masses
Sometimes a FISO-template got produced which only partially matched the de-facto FPL template, and got some better result in the short-mid term

I've no idea how ScoutJoe produces his ScoutPicks, which I stress look like being SINGLE-GW advice, not even a mid-term one
whether just following his own judgement, or gathering ideas from any discussion in FFS by its members (???)

In general, although in Fiso you have to weed out 90% of the bogus advice you read here, I still had found more useful and effective the ideas I read here than those contained in the Scout Picks, the few times I bothered to glance there

____

for Mods, if you like, this could be material for something like: FPL Templates - definition and uses
;)

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

raoul wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 14:31I should probably be relieved that so many seem to have Hazard rather than Sterling, given that I have neither.
I have both 8-)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

raoul wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 14:31

More than happy to be put right :)

I should probably be relieved that so many seem to have Hazard rather than Sterling, given that I have neither.
it seems 11 pts behind me equates to about 65,000 places in the OR (167k v 232k) which explains a lot.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

2018/19 GW13 INTERMEDIATE (although only 0.15 players per team play tonite on average)
OR 167,368 = 776p (raoul, berto99999)
OR 232,674 = 765p (MoSe)
OR 241k~244k = 763p (FantasyChamp)

2017/18 GW13
OR 167,132 = 732p (Bao)
OR 235k~240k = 723p (Blacksunrise)
just 9p gap

2016/17 GW13
OR 162k~166k = 684p (Batistuta, El Tel of Ealing, pascalevans, liquidfootball2, FingerPass, Notned -- quite a bunch :o)
OR 237k~241k = 674p (Vsz, Dirk)
just 10p gap

so the fact there's now 11p gap for even a slightly smaller ranks span,
shows it's the opposite RNZ surmised "As far as I know, the ranks are still separated by relatively few points, more than is usual one-third of the way through"
(this is not a criticism, I had no idea either, found out just now checking the Forum League data I stored)

for that ranking neighborhood, roughly top 3~4% of the field, this season after GW13 the ranks are separated by relatively MORE points, +2p wrt last season, and +1p wrt two seasons ago
and could be +3 +2 if we take the similar rank around 240k (like raoul in GW12)

it also incidentally shows that this season the accumulated points around the same rank are 90-ish more than 2 seasons ago, with a linear trend in the middle season too
that's about +7p/gw wrt two seasons ago :o
_____

EDIT: I had inverted the gaps summary in last two seasons

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

My 32 after hits took me from ~500k down to ~760k with tonight plus everyone's autosubs to go. I suspect I could end up near the million mark tonight :(

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

37 all out with TAA’s 14 pointer marooned at first sub. Meh.

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

MoSe wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 16:21 2018/19 GW13 INTERMEDIATE (although only 0.15 players per team play tonite on average)
OR 167,368 = 776p (raoul, berto99999)
OR 232,674 = 765p (MoSe)
OR 241k~244k = 763p (FantasyChamp)

2017/18 GW13
OR 167,132 = 732p (Bao)
OR 235k~240k = 723p (Blacksunrise)
just 9p gap

2016/17 GW13
OR 162k~166k = 684p (Batistuta, El Tel of Ealing, pascalevans, liquidfootball2, FingerPass, Notned -- quite a bunch :o)
OR 237k~241k = 674p (Vsz, Dirk)
just 10p gap

so the fact there's now 11p gap for even a slightly smaller ranks span,
shows it's the opposite RNZ surmised "As far as I know, the ranks are still separated by relatively few points, more than is usual one-third of the way through"
(this is not a criticism, I had no idea either, found out just now checking the Forum League data I stored)

for that ranking neighborhood, roughly top 3~4% of the field, this season after GW13 the ranks are separated by relatively MORE points, +2p wrt last season, and +1p wrt two seasons ago
and could be +3 +2 if we take the similar rank around 240k (like raoul in GW12)

it also incidentally shows that this season the accumulated points around the same rank are 90-ish more than 2 seasons ago, with a linear trend in the middle season too
that's about +7p/gw wrt two seasons ago :o
_____

EDIT: I had inverted the gaps summary in last two seasons
High scoring season awaits then. 2500 is yesterday's target. 2700 is the way forward.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

and anyway the current 11p gap between us two (too bad for our Dudmundsson, I really hoped he could make it)
is only due to my last minute brilliant decision to switch the band from Firmino to... Richarlison :shakeshead: instead of Sterling....
2 good options out of 3, and I chose the 3rd :roll:
(not mentioning Schindler 3rd sub)

;) 8-)

raoul
Dumbledore

Post by raoul »

MoSe wrote: 27 Nov 2018, 07:27 and anyway the current 11p gap between us two (too bad for our Dudmundsson, I really hoped he could make it)
is only due to my last minute brilliant decision to switch the band from Firmino to... Richarlison :shakeshead: instead of Sterling....
2 good options out of 3, and I chose the 3rd :roll:
(not mentioning Schindler 3rd sub)

;) 8-)
Also captained Richarlison. Great minds think alike...

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Terrible, 41 points. Dropped out of the top 500

Luckily everyone around me seemed to have similarly bad weeks so the damage wasn't too bad,

Also it seemed a week for the differentials...

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

to further prove it, also our Forum League scatter supports that, similar to FPLD one

in FFL top 90, highest is dod with "just" 70p and a GR of 400k
then we find at most GP 75p till outside FFL top 500, where the remaining nine 80+ scores lie
fiso highest is Boddington with 90p, ranked 1234th in fiso league

the 50-teams interval in FFL with the highest avg starts with 541st BobMem 77p down to 590th, avg 53.8p
there are peaks with avg above 52p down low in the standings, around rank 1120, 1150 and 1220
for all our top 100 players, the 50-interval avg is around 46~47p, lower than most of our Forum League field!
FFL 1718 GW13 Scatter.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

and here's the distribution by single score

the Mode is 43p obtained by 58 teams, although the whole league avg is 48.6p
FFL 1718 GW13 Freq.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

MoSe wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 15:16[...]
The template has nothing to do with overall ownership.
It has to do with the players that are being advocated on FFS and other, similar sites.
Outside of that you just have managers picking players they personally like, for whatever reason. <snip>
[...]
I've no idea how ScoutJoe produces his ScoutPicks, which I stress look like being SINGLE-GW advice, not even a mid-term one
whether just following his own judgement, or gathering ideas from any discussion in FFS by its members (???)

In general, although in Fiso you have to weed out 90% of the bogus advice you read here, I still had found more useful and effective the ideas I read here than those contained in the Scout Picks, the few times I bothered to glance there
having the issue been brought up earlier
for the first time in ages I checked the weekly FFS article about Scout Picks

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ ... meweek-14/

I think it correct for me to report it here, after having wondered/doubted about its methods
The Scout Squad crew return to offer their long-list of candidates to be considered for our regular Scout Picks selection.

The 72 nominations will be whittled down to a squad of 15 (with the starting XI not exceeding £83m)
ahead of the earlier-than-usual Gameweek 14 deadline at 19:00 GMT on Friday.

Our regular panel of long-term site contributors, Paul, Joe and Az, plus the man with three top 300 finishes to his name, Peter Kouwenberg,
expand on their notable selections and omissions in the article below.

The quartet have expensive tastes: the three most expensive Fantasy Premier League midfielders and the game’s costliest defender have all received four votes each.

If they are to make the cut for the Scout Squad tomorrow then savings must be made elsewhere,
so the nomination of various Crystal Palace, Huddersfield Town and Wolverhampton Wanderers assets could come in handy.
[my emphasis]

re: some comments and considerations made earlier:

- it's an FFS panel of 3, plus Kouwenberg (65th in their Career HoF and 118th in their Live one https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/11124/history ) as a "permanent guest" (?)
- each panel member nominates their 3-5-5-5 selections for the GW, potentially up to 72 different players, although in practice the list is shorter due to several same choices
- each single nomination is supposed to count as a vote (?), you see how they hihglight who got 4, but then they hint that even those might not "make the cut" ???
- their XI must not exceed £83m (at current prices I figure? or season start?), that would leave £17m for 4 cheap benchers. This is sensible if their XI has to be affordable
   I wonder, do those figures get updated to account for increased purchase power by teams who did well in the players market?
- "Posted by"... authour undisclosed... :P

of course the above linked and partially quoted article is for the upcoming GW14, not about the one in this fiso topic, GW13
for the records here are the two GW13 FFS Scout Pick articles
nominations https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ ... d-pundits/
actual Picks https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/ ... ide-clubs/
which confirms current prices are used
the GW13 XI price was 82.9m. Indeed picking Siggy, who only had got 1 vote, as Gud'son had, would have exceed the self-imposed budget
They mention him as mid substitute "as an alternative to Richarlison"... although that swap would have also exceeded their budget by 0.4m ? :?
Budgetwise Siggy could have replace Martial in MF, but the frenchman had got 4 votes. As did Richarlison who was even top MF pick for 3of the 4 pundits
although Siggy was considered "ahead of the Brazilian for the key performance indicators over the last four Gameweeks"...

So, a panel of four, from the site most linked with FPL, proposes a valid XI (with a sub in each position as alternative, not grantig they'd form a valid XIV tho)
Is that a template? "formally", yes...
"formally", despite my following audience is much lower (actually none), I could also propose my own XI for a gameweek, and that would be a template as well
the difference would only be: how many actual teams would adopt the different proposals?
a high-adopted template, becomes an actual template
a low-adopted template, remains just someone's proposal, regardless any "authority" he/they could boast
so, ownership has EVERYTHING to do regarding whether a proposed template becomes an actual template.
imho
Siggy imho had no particular relevance to be considered a "template player" other than that Kouwenberg had nominated him (as 4th/5 MF) in preparation for the ScoutPicks

not mentioning that a XI team proposed specifically for a given GW, can hardly be see as a template, i.e. as a model anyone can adopt for their XI that GW
as rather likley most teams would need several hits, or a WC, to adopt it. As probably very few teams would have been built with such forsesight to converge with that GW FFS best XI

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”