To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Arnautovic

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Re: Arnautovic

Post by Joshua82 »

If Arnautovic's knee doesn't improve I'll be looking at Glenn Murray as his replacement, good form and great fixtures.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Wilson is obviously around the same price but their fixtures are so foul for a while now I cant see him keeping up this scoring. Arnie is the one for me but this injury situation is so frustrating.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Speculating now but could miss Man City at home after the international break and also the Cardiff game is a midweek game, the middle fixture of 3 games in 8 days .

Murray is definely the safe pick in that range . But I guess many will want both

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Scared to bring him in, but scared not to own him.

Headache. Pellegrini's presser wasn't exactly helpful.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

The question I would raise re Murray concerns home and away returns. I haven't got access to last season's stats but so far this year one of his six goals have come on the road. Admittedly, Brighton's away fixtures have been tougher than there home ones but last season they had the worst away record in the Premiership and scored just 10 goals all season (3 goals in 5 games this year is a slight improvement though). Given that 3 of the next 4 fixtures are away, I would hesitate to bring him in even if the fixtures appear easier on paper.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Murray's had 6 goals from 7 shots, he can't keep that up.. surely.

Another stat in Arnie's favour is he's leading the league with penalty box touches.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

carver wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 14:29 Speculating now but could miss Man City at home after the international break and also the Cardiff game is a midweek game, the middle fixture of 3 games in 8 days .

Murray is definely the safe pick in that range . But I guess many will want both
his knee is a definite worry, he's such an all action player that it's easy to see it getting worse! absolutely key for West Ham so worried about him being protected a little bit, whether it be subbed early or missing some games altogether.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Trained normally today

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

The latest posts in this thread are pretty much where I'm at tonight ... was going to take a hit to do Lacasette/Ings to 2 other fwds and think one will be Murray but can't find another.

Mitrovic, Arnautovic or just keep Ings and save the hit. Quite fancy a punt on Arny but can't decide :? Will be monitoring this thread just looking for any excuse to do it :D

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

If you're looking for an excuse then this is on West Ham's website:

One player who is feeling better after missing last weekend’s trip to Leicester City is Marko Arnautovic, who is set to return to the starting XI and lead the line against the Clarets.

“In this moment, we are managing [Marko’s knee] with the medical staff to give him more rest after each game,” said Pellegrini.

“Last week, he worked just one day, first because of his knee because, I repeat, we were giving him more rest, and after that because he had a virus so it was not good for him to play on Saturday.

“I was just talking with him and he feels his knee is improving a little bit more every week.

“He will not require surgery.”

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

eastcentral1 wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 21:57 If you're looking for an excuse then this is on West Ham's website:

One player who is feeling better after missing last weekend’s trip to Leicester City is Marko Arnautovic, who is set to return to the starting XI and lead the line against the Clarets.

“In this moment, we are managing [Marko’s knee] with the medical staff to give him more rest after each game,” said Pellegrini.

“Last week, he worked just one day, first because of his knee because, I repeat, we were giving him more rest, and after that because he had a virus so it was not good for him to play on Saturday.

“I was just talking with him and he feels his knee is improving a little bit more every week.

“He will not require surgery.”
but as an excuse to have him or not? :D

can be taken both ways surely, on one hand he is sure to start, but on the other there is a problem with the knee that is "improving a little bit more every week", a crunching tackle by Mee and that improvement could be set back somewhat! :shock:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I don't think forwards are worth hits anymore unless you're captaining them, only midfielders feel worthy of a hit IMO.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Murray is a bad pick at 6.5m I reckon, he hardly gets any chances in that Brighton side. Obviously he’s not going to continue scoring with every chance he gets. Plus he’s unlikely to play every match in the busy schedules which must be becoming a consideration. That’s a worry for the hobbling Arnie too. Crazy to sell Ings for a hit for Murray I think.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

The big man delivers, with or without his knee 🙃

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Looks a great option. On form despite the injury fears, and great fixtures. Would love to bring him in, but just don't really have a space in my squad!

I Am Ville
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL Best 5,025 (16/17)

Post by I Am Ville »

Notned wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 15:16 Looks a great option. On form despite the injury fears, and great fixtures. Would love to bring him in, but just don't really have a space in my squad!
Up to you, of course but suggest that he is one to make space for. Has to be best 7m man available?!

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

Those upcoming fixtures are nasty. The type of player to probably score against City away too. Rising tonight...

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Does anyone think Anderson can match Arnautovic for points over the good run ?

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Anderson is down on Ppg for the season but is ahead on recent form

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Looks like Marko has been ruled out for the rest of the month. What does everyone plan on doing with him?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Jason Bourne wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 17:04 Looks like Marko has been ruled out for the rest of the month. What does everyone plan on doing with him?
Sell of course, if he is indeed ruled out for the rest of the month. Why would anyone want to keep an injured mid-price forward for five gameweeks?

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Finisher1 wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 17:23 Sell of course, if he is indeed ruled out for the rest of the month. Why would anyone want to keep an injured mid-price forward for five gameweeks?
Thank you for that.

While keeping is an option, I'd be more interested to hear exit strategies. Assuming you don't already own Wilson, Mitro seems to be the pick of the bunch in that price range. Felipe Anderson is the West Ham cover I'd wan't but would need to be coupled with another move.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Jason Bourne wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 18:29
Finisher1 wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 17:23 Sell of course, if he is indeed ruled out for the rest of the month. Why would anyone want to keep an injured mid-price forward for five gameweeks?
Thank you for that.

While keeping is an option, I'd be more interested to hear exit strategies. Assuming you don't already own Wilson, Mitro seems to be the pick of the bunch in that price range. Felipe Anderson is the West Ham cover I'd wan't but would need to be coupled with another move.
Perez and chico could be good options if west ham stick with 2 upfront in there coming fixtures

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Given I've got Wilson and Ings, I'm tempted to exchange him for an expensive forward. On Laca / Auba watch tonight.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Finisher1 wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 17:23
Jason Bourne wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 17:04 Looks like Marko has been ruled out for the rest of the month. What does everyone plan on doing with him?
Sell of course, if he is indeed ruled out for the rest of the month. Why would anyone want to keep an injured mid-price forward for five gameweeks?
Whoosh! :lol:

DonTanTilla
Treebeard

Post by DonTanTilla »

Was looking at Wilson but they have City, Pool, and Spurs in next 5... hmm

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

DonTanTilla wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 03:13 Was looking at Wilson but they have City, Pool, and Spurs in next 5... hmm
They just played City. It's United, Pool and Spurs.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

I swapped him for Chicarito last night to beat the drop.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

He’s gone for Mitrovic.
I’ll miss him - he was one of only three players in my squad to survive all the way from GW1. The others are Robertson and, erm, Hamer.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Carroll is fit, and it's Xmas 8-)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”