To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Trent John Alexander-Arnold

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Trent John Alexander-Arnold

Post by MPTree »

Okay, so he's been benched for two in a row now and is no longer a sure starter. That's really not ideal. At the time of writing, it seems as though he may drop in price tomorrow (the 24th), so any who had him at 5.0 will need to sell if they wish to bank the profit.

What are owners here looking to do? I've considered a sideways shuffle to Gomez, especially since Liverpool have the second best xGA in the league (behind City). It seems clear he's (at least sometimes) preferred to TAA, though it's not yet clear if he's preferred to a fully fit Lovren at right centre back. Does anyone remember what the situation was last season in that regard? I'd hate to bring Gomez in only to see a back four of TAA, Lovren, VVD, Robertson next game.

I also need to consider that I would probably be playing Mendy, Alonso, and a 1-from-3 rotation with AWB and Doherty, so perhaps all that's needed is someone to cover their GWs 11 & 12, where Palace face che, TOT and Wolves face TOT, ars. A Huddersfield defender would work well in that regard (FUL, WHU), but such a transfer does bring with it a strong sense of 'meh'.

Leicester the other team to consider with a good run of fixtures up until December. Maguire would be great, but for 0.5 less, perhaps Chilwell could be a decent shout.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Re: Trent John Alexander-Arnold

Post by xJosh- »

MPTree wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 10:50 Okay, so he's been benched for two in a row now and is no longer a sure starter. That's really not ideal. At the time of writing, it seems as though he may drop in price tomorrow (the 24th), so any who had him at 5.0 will need to sell if they wish to bank the profit.

What are owners here looking to do? I've considered a sideways shuffle to Gomez, especially since Liverpool have the second best xGA in the league (behind City). It seems clear he's (at least sometimes) preferred to TAA, though it's not yet clear if he's preferred to a fully fit Lovren at right centre back. Does anyone remember what the situation was last season in that regard? I'd hate to bring Gomez in only to see a back four of TAA, Lovren, VVD, Robertson next game.

I also need to consider that I would probably be playing Mendy, Alonso, and a 1-from-3 rotation with AWB and Doherty, so perhaps all that's needed is someone to cover their GWs 11 & 12, where Palace face che, TOT and Wolves face TOT, ars. A Huddersfield defender would work well in that regard (FUL, WHU), but such a transfer does bring with it a strong sense of 'meh'.

Leicester the other team to consider with a good run of fixtures up until December. Maguire would be great, but for 0.5 less, perhaps Chilwell could be a decent shout.
If you're going for a Leicster defender I'd consider that Pierera (I think it is) he plays on the LW and is marked as a defender on FPL

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

unfortunately the only guarantee right now is robertson and VVD , I suspect taa will play against cardiff but then does gomez move back or is lovren first choice ? its a nightmare

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

What happens in the Champions League tomorrow should give us a clue. I'd been planning to keep him for one more week, but a tiring 90 for TAA midweek would surely hurt his chances of starting against Cardiff, and would lead me to do TAA -> Mendy a week earlier than planned.

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

MPTree wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 10:50 I also need to consider that I would probably be playing Mendy, Alonso, and a 1-from-3 rotation with AWB and Doherty, so perhaps all that's needed is someone to cover their GWs 11 & 12, where Palace face che, TOT and Wolves face TOT, ars. A Huddersfield defender would work well in that regard (FUL, WHU), but such a transfer does bring with it a strong sense of 'meh'.
Have a look at Balbuena.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Turd Ferguson wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 14:28 Have a look at Balbuena.
"Yeah that's ah.... that's not my name."

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Klopp has spoken about focussing on the defence this season so wouldn't be surprised if Lovren + Gomez is the preferred lineup now .

If you don't have Robertson you need to stump up the cash for him .

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

He has, but I think Fab coming in like Robbo last could be the key.

In the same article he did bemoan the lack of goals etc, while being happy with winning with CS's.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Last weekend showed him wanting 4 attackers again including the Lallana/Coutinho/Shaqiri central midfielder.

Expect that again tonight (and most of the 'easy on paper' games).

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

13Alisson
66Alexander-Arnold
12Gomez
4van Dijk
26Robertson
23Shaqiri
3Fabinho
5Wijnaldum
11Salah
9Roberto Firmino
10Mané

Yep, and with TAA and Gomez. Saving Lovren for Colin? Is Lovren properly fit or only able to play once a week etc?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Think I've mentioned this before but, like tonight, I'd expect Gomez and Van Dijk to play when TAA plays. I think Gomez is ahead of Lovren - I don't see why he wouldn't be as he's been superb all season. For FPL purposes, Gomez is a viable pick IMO. Lovren isn't.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

bigcliff2 wrote:Think I've mentioned this before but, like tonight, I'd expect Gomez and Van Dijk to play when TAA plays. I think Gomez is ahead of Lovren - I don't see why he wouldn't be as he's been superb all season. For FPL purposes, Gomez is a viable pick IMO. Lovren isn't.
So you think AA misses out in the weekend?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Joccki_10 wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 20:08
bigcliff2 wrote:Think I've mentioned this before but, like tonight, I'd expect Gomez and Van Dijk to play when TAA plays. I think Gomez is ahead of Lovren - I don't see why he wouldn't be as he's been superb all season. For FPL purposes, Gomez is a viable pick IMO. Lovren isn't.
So you think AA misses out in the weekend?
Not necessarily! I'd probably keep TAA this weekend if I had him...

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

I think he's dropped to the bench. Klopp rotated them last year and I may be wrong but TAA got Europe I belive?

I own him, I also own Robbo mercifully I'll be starting both with Hughes coming off the bench. Far from ideal but I live in hope

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It could easily be TAA at RB and Gomez benched though?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

No early kick-off this weekend so the GW deadline is 2pm. Liverpool play at 3pm. Doesn't the Liverpool line-up sometimes get tweeted a few seconds early? Slight chance we might get a sneak peek at their team before the deadline?

O Anfield Express, why have you forsaken us? :lol:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I’ve Gomez’d.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Caf »

Trent dropped in price last night, so if you’ve still got him, having endured the value damage, you could just hold him on the off-chance and ensure you have a decent bench.
(Incidentally I’ve had 15 and 7 off the bench for him in the last two weeks so he’s actually been my most successful player!)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

He starts! :D

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

good to see him starting today, but I'm still thinking I have to get rid, it's too much to pay for somebody who could miss out at anytime.

I know Robertson has been benched today but can't see that happening too often, but with Lovren/TAA/Gomez it could be any two of them playing on any GW, for 5m+ I want more security of starts.

Is anybody else planning to sell?

Thalweg
Kevin and Perry

Post by Thalweg »

Yes, tempted to swap for Luiz

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Gambit wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 16:06 I know Robertson has been benched today but can't see that happening too often, but with Lovren/TAA/Gomez it could be any two of them playing on any GW, for 5m+ I want more security of starts.

Yep, could be the right time to jump on Robertson now for us non-owners, with his rest out of the way. Alexander-Arnold/Jiménez :arrow: Robertson/Success for me I think.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 17:03
Gambit wrote: 27 Oct 2018, 16:06 I know Robertson has been benched today but can't see that happening too often, but with Lovren/TAA/Gomez it could be any two of them playing on any GW, for 5m+ I want more security of starts.

Yep, could be the right time to jump on Robertson now for us non-owners, with his rest out of the way. Alexander-Arnold/Jiménez :arrow: Robertson/Success for me I think.
:D virtually the same as me, I'm looking at:

TAA/Ings out
Robertson(or Mendy)/Success in

Little bit worried about what happens when Deeney returns though so considering Murray instead and then a cheaper defender.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Caf »

With Trent an injury doubt, what are his owners thinking of doing this week – selling, or keeping & crossing fingers?
Kolasinac seems a decent replacement, though he's set to rise tonight before we get the benefit of Klopp's presser, which is frustrating.
Any other good replacements to consider?

jack1092
Wideboy

Post by jack1092 »

If it's just for this game i'd consider switching but for the week's going forward he'll start a lot given the shortages of options to back him up. Milner might get the odd game, but mostly TAA starts until Gomez is back IMO.

Clyne is injured, Camacho is very inexperienced and i doubt he'll be thrown in.

Rivers
Treebeard

Post by Rivers »

jack1092 wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 11:13 If it's just for this game i'd consider switching but for the week's going forward he'll start a lot given the shortages of options to back him up. Milner might get the odd game, but mostly TAA starts until Gomez is back IMO.

Clyne is injured, Camacho is very inexperienced and i doubt he'll be thrown in.
Fabinho can play right back - has done for Brazil.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

First of all, TAA is a beautiful human being

As for LFC's team selection in the upcoming weeks, the options are very limited with both Gomez and Matip injured. Check reddit and try to dig out some info re today's and tomorrow's training sessions, this is usually pretty good indication, Klopp knows in advance what's he going to do and normally tries it out during training, so if there are reports of Milner or Fabinho playing RB in training then there you go.

Personally I think Milner will play RB against United on Sunday

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

I hear he is out for a few weeks.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Budhabhoy wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 17:51 I hear he is out for a few weeks.
sauce? he's on my bench this week but if he's missing multiple games at this time of year then he is on the next bus out

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkmaccaMc/ ... 94/photo/1

Pictured today [Thu] wearing a protective boot.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”