To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Those who got Kane in for Cardiff

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
FinnFPL
Wideboy

Those who got Kane in for Cardiff

Post by FinnFPL »

What’s the plan now with Kane, are you keeping or selling? Personally I want Agüero back in but is 60 mins (based on the last last few games) of Agüero vs Burnley better than 90 mins of Kane against West Ham? If you are keeping him for the game against West Ham then you might as well keep him for City and then after that game switch back to Agüero?

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Those who got Kane in for Cardiff

Post by Stu255 »

I’m keeping Kane another week then swapping Kane + Milner for Salah + Murray.

But FFS don’t do what I do! :cry:

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Kane is gone, possibly for Lacazette.
Spurs look a shadow of their former selves without Erikssen and Alli , although they might be back soon enough!

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm just keeping Kane for the forseeable future. One thing I've found this season is that when I make "tactical" changes (ones where the player I'm removing isn't in imminent danger of not playing, etc) rather than enforced changes, it keeps biting me on the arse, so I'm just leaving Kane there. Plus Aguero hasn't really been pulling up any trees this season. Aside from his one huge haul, his scores have been fairly modest. The week before when everyone captained him, he was about to be subbed off just before he scored too, so he was fortunate then. And there's the obvious subbing issue.

Plus aside from next week and given Hazard's form, he's not even the clear and obvious captaincy choice until probably GW13.

So I'm not overly fretting about not having Aguero.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

well then. Good question.

I brought Kane in for hud,CAR and it was a 2-week plan as part of my WC. He came in with Son, with both now due to depart for Salah and Vardy going forward. I like the look of Laca but the Vardy fixtures look better (except next week perhaps when they play each other).

I have considered keeping Kane (I also have Aguero so am not missing out on him) given the Spurs fixtures in a few weeks but a few weeks is some time away. Spurs have tough games coming up and they are not firing enough to warrant keeping him through a rough run of games, imho.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'm still calming down after how bad Spurs were.

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

Assuming Kane doesn't drop, I'm keeping him for West Ham. Among the potent Kane myths (or realities) is that he tends to score well against London teams.

Also keeping Salah, even though he may drop in price again (no idea why with Huddersfield and Cardiff up next).

All this assumes no International incidents of course.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Probably going back to Aguero as planned but Lacazette is quite tempting, get the feeling that Aguero will be the obvious captain and leader in the polls which gives him the edge.

Kane was never a long term pick so there's no worries about reversing it.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Keeping Kane for GW9 is very likely in my case. I want Arnautovic eventually. For this game I’d rather have Kane than Arnautovic everything else being equal.
Lacazette will be a popular move for those selling. He’s had 6 really good weeks against mediocre opposition. How do people think Arsenal will fare now that their fixtures stiffen up a bit?

Paolo Wanchope
Kevin and Perry

Post by Paolo Wanchope »

Everyone got Kane in after the Huddersfield game thinking he was gonna bag 2-3 against Cardiff and now they wanna take him out? why though? people need to stop thinking so short term. Come the end of the season he will have 20+ goals.

What if he gets a hat trick against West Ham, everyone's gonna wanna get him back in then. Have some patience with players, particularly ones that will deliver over the course of the season.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Did you watch the match? Spurs were lucky to draw, let aone win.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Probably back to Aguero as planned. Already have Lacazette. There is a slight temptation to go against the grain and go Jiminez allowing me to get Salah in for Knockaert though. Probably too stupid? Aguero is the safe bet I guess.

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

In for a hit, out for a hit. Big mistake made.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

So we'll end with a whistle and end with a bang
And all of us fit in our places

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

Highlander12 wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 14:27 Probably back to Aguero as planned. Already have Lacazette. There is a slight temptation to go against the grain and go Jiminez allowing me to get Salah in for Knockaert though. Probably too stupid? Aguero is the safe bet I guess.
I've just got Knockaert in, as fancied him for some Brighton coverage over their tasty run. Surprised you'd want him out so early into it!

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

MoSe wrote: So we'll end with a whistle and end with a bang
And all of us fit in our places
"Mum to mud to mad to Dad", no less. :lol:

I expect I'll keep Kane against West Ham and then decide. Not rushing to get Kun back after he was subbed-off after 65 minutes against Liverpool with City needing a goal, that really doesn't bode well. He has started every game for City in the PL but has only completed 90 twice and his last 4 games have been 53, 60, 65, 65. Not sure that's what I want for 11.3m.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

True - at least with Kane he gets the 90 usually doesn't he?

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

Current drinking: a cup of tea

Current playing: Foxtrot by Genesis

Whoops! Wrong thread :oops:

Thinking the same. Kane has to stay for me for now because I need to prioritise a Liverpool defender.

I will need to keep an eye on Aguero when KDB is back though.

I've thought over my GW8 Aguero -> Kane move again and believe it was the right call (based on my limited experience anyway). I had in mind that I would get 8 pts from Hazard, 26 from Kane (c), while others might get 16 from Hazard (c), 2 from Aguero, but have an extra FT.

So, 8 + 26 vs 16 + 2 + 4.

Of course, the reality was nothing like this :lol:

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

jeffmcgow wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 20:43 Current drinking: a cup of tea

Thinking the same. Kane has to stay for me for now because I need to prioritise a Liverpool defender.

I've thought over my GW8 Aguero -> Kane move again and believe it was the right call (based on my limited experience anyway). I had in mind that I would get 8 pts from Hazard, 26 from Kane (c), while others might get 16 from Hazard (c), 2 from Aguero, but have an extra FT.

Agree Jeff it was the right call. I'm having a nightmare. My transfers and wildcard have cost me like 60 points in the last 3 or 4 gws and feels like I'm in one of them ruts that is going to end my season prematurely but if I had to do it again I would make the move. The hazard captainers lucked out really with Kane playing so deep against the worse team in the league. Such a fine margin between success and failure in this game. I'm not sure what to do with Kane I don't feel comfortable making transfers at mo as I'm not having much luck.

I sold Lucas he gets a brace
I sell Arnie he scores 9 points ( although this wasn't one of my best moves )
I sell King he gets a brace
Should I sell Kane and will he punish me further ...or will Aguero punish me with all the ones captaining him in our ML,s I just don't know any more .

I have TAA but I was thinking of doing Kane Holebas --》 to Laca/ Kun , Robertson/ Mendy -4 . Don't like taking a hit week after my WC though

Ps if any one has got any words of encouragement at 66 k after 8 weeks and 60 to 70 points behind in my ML,s then please feel free to share. :lol: . My worse start for years. Such a cruel game

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

We are still in there rubbing shoulders with some of FPL's finest (I've got the list of teams from the FFS HoF top 10 - live and all time). It just needs a couple of gameweeks where you get on the right side of some of these decisions, and the green arrows will come. :) Combine that with some well-played chips and you are back in the prize positions.

We both begin our comeback with a Kane brace at West Ham 8-) (touch wood)

HoF.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

jeffmcgow wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 12:23 We are still in there rubbing shoulders with some of FPL's finest (I've got the list of teams from the FFS HoF top 10 - live and all time). It just needs a couple of gameweeks where you get on the right side of some of these decisions, and the green arrows will come. :) Combine that with some well-played chips and you are back in the prize positions.

We both begin our comeback with a Kane brace at West Ham 8-) (touch wood)

HoF.PNG

I hear ya Jeff :D . Sutherns and Jay Egghead are having a mare and made some awful moves. Good list this, helps put it into perspective. I guess it's one of them were having the right players at the wrong time. I'm sure we will both climb soon

Hoping Southgate doesn't destroy Harry in this international window . Poch really should have asked him to take a minor ' injury ' and got himself some rest. Poch really should be playing to Kane' s scoring strengths .

One player I don't have the worries me is Richarlision, playing up front the week after I wildcard and chose Maddison Instead. I may reverse that move this week and just keep Kane

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

DAREEL wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 23:09

Agree Jeff it was the right call. I'm having a nightmare. My transfers and wildcard have cost me like 60 points in the last 3 or 4 gws and feels like I'm in one of them ruts that is going to end my season prematurely but if I had to do it again I would make the move. The hazard captainers lucked out really with Kane playing so deep against the worse team in the league. Such a fine margin between success and failure in this game. I'm not sure what to do with Kane I don't feel comfortable making transfers at mo as I'm not having much luck.

Should I sell Kane and will he punish me further ...or will Aguero punish me with all the ones captaining him in our ML,s I just don't know any more .

I have TAA but I was thinking of doing Kane Holebas --》 to Laca/ Kun , Robertson/ Mendy -4 . Don't like taking a hit week after my WC though

Ps if any one has got any words of encouragement at 66 k after 8 weeks and 60 to 70 points behind in my ML,s then please feel free to share. :lol: . My worse start for years. Such a cruel game
Yeah I have some words of encouragement, how about pull yourself together and stop being so wet.

66k after 8 weeks is nothing to be upset about.

How's that? Encouraged? 😀

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

OldSkoolFPL wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 12:42
DAREEL wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 23:09

Yeah I have some words of encouragement, how about pull yourself together and stop being so wet.

66k after 8 weeks is nothing to be upset about.

How's that? Encouraged? 😀

:lol:

Its a very fair point. I think it's more the fact that every transfer I make seems to cost me 10 plus points somehow and throwing a stupid amount of points away on 50 50 decisions . I guess its going so far behind against very good players too after starting so well. I know it's not end of the world im just being overdramatic.. My point really was I've lost confidence in transferring players out so I'll probably end up sticking with Kane this week

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Tough love is the best love 😁

Most players have a 'bad patch' at some point, it's important to keep calm & do the right things rather than chase it & make mistakes, I'm sure it'll turn for you.

End of the day, the only rank that matters is the one at GW38 so there's plenty of time to hit your stride.

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

Hmm. I think this was a case of bad decision, bad outcome. Be wary of convincing yourself it was a good decision with a bad outcome!

1) Kane is playing deeper this year getting about half his normal scoring opportunities (compared with last year) - watch a game, read the stats, same answer
2) Spurs are missing key players and not firing
3) Spurs fixtures are about to take a turn for the worse, as it turns out CPL and WLV are pretty good defensive outfits

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Patrician wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 13:04 Hmm. I think this was a case of bad decision, bad outcome. Be wary of convincing yourself it was a good decision with a bad outcome!

1) Kane is playing deeper this year getting about half his normal scoring opportunities (compared with last year) - watch a game, read the stats, same answer
2) Spurs are missing key players and not firing
3) Spurs fixtures are about to take a turn for the worse, as it turns out CPL and WLV are pretty good defensive outfits

There is all this that I do agree with ( I'm a spurs fan so yes I should have probably known better) but you can't ignore the fact that Cardiff have conceded so many goals, you would have thought the chances of Kane scoring at least 1 would be higher than Kun scoring anything ( vs pool and being taken off after 60 odd mins a lot lately). Personally I was on my wildcard any way so it was hard for me to not go with Kane and the clear runner in the bookies odds for scoring a goal. Hazard was a good option too, I think a lot of folks, like myself, have waited for his regression but it doesn't appear to be coming

It could have so easily gone the other way, and the ones who didn't make the move would have been the ones regretting it now. I wouldn't condone taking a hit for it , but folk who did it free or on a wildcard I understand why they did it and think it was the right move , at least before the event

I mean come on? Anyone who didn't bring in Kane..we're you not just a little scared ?
Last edited by DAREEL on 11 Oct 2018, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

OldSkoolFPL wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 13:03 Tough love is the best love 😁

Most players have a 'bad patch' at some point, it's important to keep calm & do the right things rather than chase it & make mistakes, I'm sure it'll turn for you.

End of the day, the only rank that matters is the one at GW38 so there's plenty of time to hit your stride.
Spot on. At least I get mine over with early eh :lol: 8-)

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Patrician »

I didn't bring him in, and yes I was a bit scared :lol:

Despite avoiding this mistake, I managed to make my own equally big one though.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man

Post by DAREEL »

Patrician wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 13:16 I didn't bring him in, and yes I was a bit scared :lol:

Despite avoiding this mistake, I managed to make my own equally big one though.
Oh dear...

I'm intrigued?

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Patrician »

I took out Wilson for Vardy, who I then captained instead of Hazard. Now that is a good example of a bad decision with a bad outcome!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”