To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW9 Wildcard anyone?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Re: GW9 Wildcard anyone?

Post by Turd Ferguson »

SG_8 wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 06:29 Impressive team I must say. FWIW I think Ings is a pretty good option considering he's cheap and you also have ample cover in Murphy or a defender to rotate him with. You could maybe consider getting Mitrovic instead of Wilson? Although Wilson has been in good form lately, I just don't trust him to keep it going. Could be wrong though.
Thanks. I try not to get my hopes up in FPL. Better to keep a Ville-like cool. But I feel good about this team.

Mitrovic was in my original WC thoughts but I have 0.0 ITB with this team. The Sterling downgrade is necessary to accommodate a 7.0 forward.

Like you, I don’t expect Wilson and Bournemouth to continue this form forever, but their next two fixtures are great and Wilson’s xG is phenomenal so far. Plus the two guys ahead of me in my ML own Wilson. It’s a bit irrational, but I don’t think I could stomach a Wilson 13 pointer against Fulham. Between price, fixtures, and rival ownership, Wilson is locked in for the next two weeks. He’ll become Arnie soon thereafter and Mitro will be the backup option at that price point.

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 19 Oct 2018, 21:28
abuhaneefah wrote: So the Mane injury messed up my planned WC.
I've now come up with these alternatives:
Option 1:
Option 2:
Option 3:
Constructive criticism most welcome...
OK, I have no right to say this but couldn't you type out the options rather than doing a huge screenshot that also clogs the thread up? I can't even get your team on screen without scrolling up and down, it's just too big. You'd get a more constructive answer if you took some care with the formatting, from me anyway. :?
SimonS wrote: First FPL forum post! (TFF only up to now).
Wildcard complete...
Welcome to FISO FPL!
Team looks pretty good though I'd rather see Maddison downgraded to a cheaper option (Murphy or Kenedy perhaps) and Jimenez up to Mitrović (who could later be Arnie). Would still work for a GW13 BB if you want to do that.
Sorry was just being lazy and I have a phone with a huge screen so the screenshots aren't such a problem for me.
Anyway, I waited too long and there were some price rises that pretty much priced me out of having Sterling as an option.

I'm currently left with
Patricio/Foster
TAA/Robertson/Trippier/Doherty/AWB
Hazard/Maddison/Richarlison/BSilva/McTominay
Firmino/Kun/Lacazette

I'm missing Sterling and Mendy
I have the option to upgrade TAA to Luiz if I downgrade Foster but Liverpool have the better fixtures for now.

Firmino was Ings which would have allowed me to have BSilva as Sterling.

I could still have Sterling and Ings/Sturridge if I downgrade Foster

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Final part of wildcard,
Laporte and Robertson
Or
Mendy and Van Dijk ?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Wildcarded also this week.
Final conundrum for me - GK.
Have gone with Ryan and Button.
They have decent upcoming fixtures, but would Fabianski be a better bet?
Many thanks

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

redcat1 wrote: Final part of wildcard,
Laporte and Robertson
Or
Mendy and Van Dijk ?
Laporte and Robertson. Probably would be my preference from each team even if price didn't come into it.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 10:44
redcat1 wrote: Final part of wildcard,
Laporte and Robertson
Or
Mendy and Van Dijk ?
Laporte and Robertson. Probably would be my preference from each team even if price didn't come into it.
Why Laporte, Mendy seems to be an FF God etc

Tbh: if there weren't so many options this season all 4 of those above wouldn't be a bad option, imho.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

GW9 Wildcard anyone?

Post by Joccki_10 »

Patrício, Hamer
Robertson, Maguire, Alexander-Arnold, Doherty, Schindler
Salah, Hazard, De Bruyne, Richarlison, Murphy
Agüero, Wilson, Success

1. Basically it’s a 4-4-2. Though it’s an easy switch to 3-5-2 or even a 5-3-2.
1a. Murphy comes in when Maguire or Doherty faces tough opposition. Rotates perfectly, as I can then play Murphy for FUL, LEI, BRI, whu.
1b. Schindler is there to cover Richarlison. I’ll get his WHU, BRI when the latter travels to Chelsea and Liverpool.

2. I’ve got one eye on Wilson Image Jiménez after the next four GWs. Will also give me funds to possibly upgrade Alexander-Arnold if he turns out to be a rotation risk.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Good luck all. Green arrows all around please. This is what I ultimately landed on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

dino1980 wrote:Good luck all. Green arrows all around please. This is what I ultimately landed on.
You too, dino. Seems like we only have four differences on our wildcard.

Laporte, Mendy, Fraser and Jiménez v Maguire, Schindler, De Bruyne and Success.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Well that was a disaster.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:Ugh, can I get a wildcard do-over? :roll:
I’m actually happy with my wildcard team even though I got just over 30 points. Alexander-Arnold is the only issue, which I knew beforehand, but I got value tied up in him and I wanted to take my chances for hud and CAR.

Wolves’ defence is just an incident in my view and De Bruyne was always a risk to start today. Budget players a great success: a goal from Murphy and a start for Success.

What are your issues?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 18:21 What are your issues?
A crippling lack of ambition and a complete lack of marketable skills at the age of 31.

Oh, you meant wildcard issues?

Similar to yours actually, i.e. not too bad. Alexander-Arnold the one glaring mistake, although a gamble worth taking I felt. I have double Wolves defence, same as you. Bit worried they lost 2-0 to a patched-up Watford side but I trust their previous stats means it was likely just a blip and they can continue to provide good value going forward. Also have Jiménez who was subbed after 59 minutes today, not sure why but hopefully it was just tactical. Wolves were a huge let-down for me today, I thought they'd dispatch Watford comfortably.

Pretty happy otherwise. Just have to decide whether to hold Alexander-Arnold or sell, maybe for Gomez or Maguire.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Blimey so young :shock: :lol:

Hmm I was a cynical get befpre then :oops: :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”