To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Sergio Agüero

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Kun

Keeping
68%
Selling
32%

Total votes: 87

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Sergio Agüero

Post by cesc408 »

Seen lots of comments about switching him out for Kane (probably the easiest way for most rather than a cheaper FWD that may require more hits) but he is playing upfront for arguably the best goalscoring team in the league.

Obviously the downside to him is his minutes now that the champions league is back: (and his apparent injury)
FUL 53m
CAR 60m
BHA 65m

MC Next 6 Fixtures (after LP)
BURNLEY, spurs, SOUTH, UNITED, wham, BMOUTH

SPURS Next 6 Fixtures (after Cardiff)
wham, MC, wolves, palace, CHEL, arse

The spurs fixtures dont excite me that much. Is removing him a long term move or because Kane has CARDIFF next? Take out next week's fixtures I'd be more tempted to go down the Vardy or Firmino route if i was to remove Kun

SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!

Re: Sergio Agüero

Post by SneakyOne »

Totally agree, Aguero stays for me, best striker in the league, can score against anyone.

I could downgrade Salah but having stuck with him for this long, seems silly with their tasty run of fixtures, plus hoping Salah will become a differential! Something I didnt expect to say this season!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

cesc408 wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 09:11 The spurs fixtures dont excite me that much. Is removing him a long term move or because Kane has CARDIFF next? Take out next week's fixtures I'd be more tempted to go down the Vardy or Firmino route if i was to remove Kun
But why should we take out next week's fixture? He is the standout captain next week. If you bring him in, you get Kane (CAR) doubled instead of something like Aguero (liv) plus Hazard (sou). I think that's even worth a cumulative hit.

If you like Vardy or Firmino route, then just take Kane for GW8 and then go Vardy or Firmino route in GW9.

I know a lot of planning here is focused on "how to take as few hits as possible". But it's wrong, because planning should be focused on "how to get as good overall rank as possible".

The immediately next fixture is always more relevant than fixtures after it.

You are supposed to hop on hop off premiums.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Amazed how many people are getting rid of him would much rather lose salah for kane than aguero people saying his minutes but salah was hauled off yesterday after another poor showing

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

On paper it looks like an easy Aguero :arrow: Kane, its the captaincy that swings it for me, Kane has to play Weds and Sat against Barca and Cardiff. In that context its not worth the hit it would take for me as i think i will go with a refreshed Hazard at Southampton as captain if he doesn't play in the Europa league. City and Liverpool will also be the usual very open game. Quite fancy the chances of parity of the armband between Hazard and Kane next week and Agureo has as good fixtures as Kane following.

Kane time is about GW 15 for me, so ill take my chances next week, might look at putting the Agureo money into Firmino or Mane in the next few weeks to catch the Liverpool fixtures were they can run riot if Aguero looks like regressing or more vulnerable, probably a better long term use of the funds and transfers.
Last edited by The Username on 30 Sep 2018, 10:39, edited 2 times in total.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

S_sutton87 wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 10:07 Amazed how many people are getting rid of him would much rather lose salah for kane than aguero people saying his minutes but salah was hauled off yesterday after another poor showing

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk
hmmm, it's a tough one because the two games for Salah after the City game are Huddersfield & CARDIFF! and then arsenal, FULHAM, Watford, EVERTON, those are great fixtures, so not sure I'd want to be without Salah for those fixtures, really not sure which way to go, lose one of Salah or Aguero for Kane, and if so which one? or just ignore Kane and hope he doesn't get a huge haul v Cardiff. Spurs have a tough run from GW10 to GW14, away games v Wolves & Palace sandwiched between games v City/Arsenal/Chelsea, don't feel I want Kane for those games, but a hatrick v Cardiff when he's a popular C pick would hurt. GW15 was my plan for Kane, it's just having the nerve to ignore him this GW!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The Username wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 10:26 On paper it looks like an easy Aguero :arrow: Kane, its the captaincy that swings it for me, Kane has to play Weds and Sat against Barca and Cardiff. In that context its not worth the hit it would take for me as i think i will go with a refreshed Hazard at Southampton as captain if he doesn't play in the Europa league. City and Liverpool will also be the usual very open game. Quite fancy the chances of parity of the armband between Hazard and Kane next week and Agureo has as good fixtures as Kane following.

Kane time is about GW 15 for me, so ill take my chances next week, might look at putting the Agureo money into Firmino or Mane in the next few weeks to catch the Liverpool fixtures were they can run riot, probably a better long term use of the funds and transfers.
agree on Hazard, and if I ignore Kane that's my plan. He's on fire at the moment and Southampton are really struggling, can see another double digit haul for Hazard, could match Kane.

amb5431
Wideboy

Post by amb5431 »

Aguero, Kane, Hazard, Mane for me

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Long term I prefer Aguero, but I’m considering swapping him for Kane for the Cardiff fixture.

Lots of people in my mini leagues already have Kane, so I’m a little nervous going without him.

Edit: I hadn’t read Guardiola’s comments about his foot injury. I think this seals it.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Finisher1 wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 09:41
cesc408 wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 09:11 The spurs fixtures dont excite me that much. Is removing him a long term move or because Kane has CARDIFF next? Take out next week's fixtures I'd be more tempted to go down the Vardy or Firmino route if i was to remove Kun
But why should we take out next week's fixture? He is the standout captain next week. If you bring him in, you get Kane (CAR) doubled instead of something like Aguero (liv) plus Hazard (sou). I think that's even worth a cumulative hit.
Correct the next fixture is brilliant for Kane but I was more referring to any long term plans for him ahead of Aguero. Assuming most had Aguero at 11.0m transferring him out gets you the .2 profit but to rebuy (Should you choose to) may cost you an additional .2 (11.4) and 2 transfers (removing him and re-selecting him) If Kane hauls then that's a great move but if he blanks at home to Cardiff in a plumb fixture and with the fixtures coming up he will probably be shifted by loads, with some going back to Aguero. Kane for a week then swapping to Firmino/Vardy for their fixtures as I said before looks good all round if people don't want to go back to 60 minute Aguero

I'm personally all for hits and have been in past seasons but this season I'm trying as best as possible to avoid -4's unless completely necessary.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

If you have cash in the bank to do Aguero to Kane in one transfer then I think it's a no-brainer to utilise that money and do it. You will likely make 0.1 profit this week too as Kane looking good to rise twice if he doesn't get injured vs Barca.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

amb5431 wrote: 30 Sep 2018, 11:15 Aguero, Kane, Hazard, Mane for me
Yep, but no Mane for me.

bristolciteh
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Somewhat absymal.

Post by bristolciteh »

I want to see what happens with Kane v Barcelona first. With Cardiff being an 'easy' fixture is there any chance that Kane will play the full 90 at Cardiff?

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'm surprised Aguero hasn't moved much in the dropping stakes - how else are so many bringing Kane in?

I'm very tempted with this move myself - with a view to bringing Aguero back in for Lacazette for GW11. Obviously that would mean missing him at home to Burnley but then Chelsea have a plum fixture that week anyway at home to Man United so I can captain Hazard anyway

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

bigcliff2 wrote: I'm surprised Aguero hasn't moved much in the dropping stakes - how else are so many bringing Kane in?
Salah.

Transfers out (round), Salah 130k, Lukaku 48k, Kun 45k. Transfers in (round), Kane 105k.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

Right, that makes sense, so the next question is: is Aguero not moving down very slowly then? He's still above the 0 point. Obviously, I could be showing my ignorance of the intricacies of the price change mechanisms or I missed something else relevant but it seems to me he's hardly shifted downwards at all.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Aguero has his worst fixture of the season up next whilst Kane has his best fixture of the season up next. That is based on the assumption that City-aside, Liverpool are the best team in the Prem, and so the away fixture to them will be the toughest for a City player, and also the assumption that Cardiff are the worst side in the Prem, and so the home fixture to them will be the easiest fixture for anyone.

Adding in the capitano factor makes this a no-brainer switch, even if you lose cash, as points trump cash.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

What if you don't have Salah yet and plan to get him in gw9 with two frees? I do have the cash to change Kun to Kane this week but it would mean a -4 next week.

I feel I have to prioritise Salah and with Hazard looking good for captain at the moment, I can just armband him instead of Kane.

The other problem is, if we assume the slight knock Aguero has will be gone after the international break, he's just a brilliant player playing up top for a brilliant team. And he's considerably cheaper than Kane. (a defensive downgrade cheaper)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

How were you planning on getting Salah in?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Pogba and Lukaku to Salah and Arnie/Ings. When you are in a position like me, with Man Utd dross suddenly stinking out the joint, it's an easy swticheroo. Was planning to save a transfer this week but Kane captain is tempting.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

As one of those who dumped Salah (and Wilson for Kane and Maddison) after he was the first one subbed off, do you know that you want him in after the Citeh match? If you don't know for sure then why not Lulu and Pog to Kane plus one of the plethora of sub 7m mids?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Football Hero wrote:...even if you lose cash, as points trump cash.
But there's no cash loss, not unless you think you want Kun all season?

OK, you sell at 11.2m (as I have) and face having to bring him back at 11.4m. But that isn't 0.2m lost, you still have it. When you later sell Kun again (say at 11.6m), you get 11.5m whereas those that kept him through get 11.3m. And thus your 0.2m (which was never lost) is in your pocket again. :)

Plus Kane will double-rise this week anyway in all likelihood so in actual fact you are gaining an additional 0.1m. The 0.2m apparently lost on Kun is only cosmetic and only matters if you want him back fast (which I don't) and/or would be 0.2m short of the money to do so (which is pretty unlikely).

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

Aguero's early subbings are somewhat of a concern too. He's only played 90 twice this season and has missed out on about 120 minutes already in games he's started whereas Kane's missed 4 minutes in the same...

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 19:47
Football Hero wrote:...even if you lose cash, as points trump cash.
But there's no cash loss, not unless you think you want Kun all season?

OK, you sell at 11.2m (as I have) and face having to bring him back at 11.4m. But that isn't 0.2m lost, you still have it. When you later sell Kun again (say at 11.6m), you get 11.5m whereas those that kept him through get 11.3m. And thus your 0.2m (which was never lost) is in your pocket again. :)

Plus Kane will double-rise this week anyway in all likelihood so in actual fact you are gaining an additional 0.1m. The 0.2m apparently lost on Kun is only cosmetic and only matters if you want him back fast (which I don't) and/or would be 0.2m short of the money to do so (which is pretty unlikely).
I agree with your logic; I guess I was more appealing to people that don't seem to understand this and worry about the cash element too much as a reason to hang on to players. :)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Yeah, I know. Was just supporting your point really. :)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Keeping. Have brought in Kane along side him.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

"Aguero's here because the doctors say he is able. He is much better but he still has pain," said Guardiola.

"Tuesday we are going to decide if he plays or Gabriel."

Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45645772

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

If I was Pep I would start Jesus tonight and try and win without Aguero. If City still need a goal with 30 minutes left then put on Aguero which is as much a psychological move as it is clinical.

Liverpool is the slightly more important and much more difficult match. Playing Liverpool without Aguero starting is bad psychology, it is a prepackaged excuse for his players.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I'm on a bad run , need to get my head out my arse and do something

I will be taking Aguero out for Kane (c) and doing Salah to Hazard to fund it

I'm pretty likely going to wildcard the week after so if I feel like I need Aguero back it will be no problem

Weedie
Wideboy
FS Record: Top 2k

Post by Weedie »

Sutter Kane wrote: 01 Oct 2018, 19:40 Pogba and Lukaku to Salah and Arnie/Ings. When you are in a position like me, with Man Utd dross suddenly stinking out the joint, it's an easy swticheroo. Was planning to save a transfer this week but Kane captain is tempting.
Why on earth have you kept them for so long.

Shaw and DDG have been the only two options from Man Utd imo and even then I’ve got rid.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”