To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mendy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Re: Mendy

Post by Vsz »

Not in squad v Lyon

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Would love to know if he's actually injured and not just being punished for being a dick...or have those drinking rumours been proven wrong?

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Well that Delph cockup certainly helps Mendy's cause if he is fit :O

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Owsler wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 20:02 Would love to know if he's actually injured and not just being punished for being a dick...or have those drinking rumours been proven wrong?

Sky keep referring to him being having "a bit of a knock".

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Spinynorman wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 20:33
Owsler wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 20:02 Would love to know if he's actually injured and not just being punished for being a dick...or have those drinking rumours been proven wrong?

Sky keep referring to him being having "a bit of a knock".
Which could be Skyspeak for "bit of a dick"?

On that subject: Ronaldo has been sent off :lol:

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

If Mendy was being disciplined then surely he would have been at training?

The fact he has missed training and has now twice missed selection for the first 18 suggests to me that they are being extremely cautious and that his knee is injured and they will be in no rush to bring him back as they have the depth and it looks like a recurring issue.

Tempted to switch Mendy to Laporte. Any other suggestions?

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Stu255 wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 20:50
Tempted to switch Mendy to Laporte. Any other suggestions?
If going back when he returns could cost you up to 0.3m if you have had from the start. But short term could be worth it assuming Otamendi and Kompany don't get more PL time after Stones/Laporte playing in CL. Shaw also a reasonable alternative and money in the bank.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Can anyone substantiate the "Mendy is being punished" claim? What is the incident in question?
Mendy is very active on social media but the idea that he's being punished for it seems to have come out of no where.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Jason Bourne wrote:Can anyone substantiate the "Mendy is being punished" claim? What is the incident in question?
Mendy is very active on social media but the idea that he's being punished for it seems to have come out of no where.
Simply putting 2 and 2 together from him being spotted in a bar on friday night and then not playing saturday. Whether this makes 4 or 64 depends on whether the egg came before the chicken or vice versa.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

murf wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 21:55
Jason Bourne wrote:Can anyone substantiate the "Mendy is being punished" claim? What is the incident in question?
Simply putting 2 and 2 together from him being spotted in a bar on friday night and then not playing saturday. Whether this makes 4 or 64 depends on whether the egg came before the chicken or vice versa.
Well I wouldn't read too much from it. If he is injured then surely he is allowed to spend a couple of hours for relaxing in a bar on Friday night. He didn't get wasted in that bar, did he?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote:Well I wouldn't read too much from it. If he is injured then surely he is allowed to spend a couple of hours for relaxing in a bar on Friday night. He didn't get wasted in that bar, did he?
No, quite right. But his recent twitter campaign trying to engineer a move to Leeds to play under Bielsa may be a bit more of a concern? :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 08:05
Finisher1 wrote:Well I wouldn't read too much from it. If he is injured then surely he is allowed to spend a couple of hours for relaxing in a bar on Friday night. He didn't get wasted in that bar, did he?
No, quite right. But his recent twitter campaign trying to engineer a move to Leeds to play under Bielsa may be a bit more of a concern? :lol:
I'm not sure, I haven't heard of it :lol: What has he said then?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I was kind of being lighthearted, obviously. But young Ben is a bit of an enthusiast...

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/l ... amin-mendy

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

What a legend. Saw a video today of him taking a father and son into special seating and watching the game with them after they asked for an autograph pre game on the weekend. Seems like a loose cannon but in a fun, light hearted way

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I'm thinking about getting rid . Had problems with players before when there is no timescale for return you are just waiting and waiting and playing shite subs repeatedly .

Doesn't help that my bench is Neves at Man Utd , Cedric at Liverpool and Stephens

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

Will he come back on Saturday and MENDY things for Pep?

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

carver wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 10:12 I'm thinking about getting rid . Had problems with players before when there is no timescale for return you are just waiting and waiting and playing shite subs repeatedly .

Doesn't help that my bench is Neves at Man Utd , Cedric at Liverpool and Stephens
You could keep him expecting him not to play. Have the best option on your bench ready. That's what I did. I have to take Ings out as he's unavailable.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I read somewhere (cannot recall where) that he would have a fitness test before the Lyon game to see if he could play at all - which would imply he is out only for the short term.

And Physioroom are not listing him as an injured player at all now, which is odd.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

raoul wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 14:37 I read somewhere (cannot recall where) that he would have a fitness test before the Lyon game to see if he could play at all - which would imply he is out only for the short term.

And Physioroom are not listing him as an injured player at all now, which is odd.
I don't think that's right as he's not been seen in training

True Blues
Treebeard

Post by True Blues »

There's an announcement that there will be an announcement :roll:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-15179775

further down the page there is a statement from Jonathan Smith that "Mendy also ruled out for Cardiff. Has a problem with a bone in his ankle. No news on when he will be fit."

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

According to BBC in the presss conference:

Pep also confirms Benjamin Mendy is still injured

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/45598322

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Lucky wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 14:01 According to BBC in the presss conference:

Pep also confirms Benjamin Mendy is still injured

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/45598322
I might transfer him out. I already have Ings ineligible plus a couple of other players who might be rested.

Looking at Robertson or Trippier as a replacement.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

A bit more on Mendy
Cardiff v Man City (Sat, 15:00BST)

Simon Stone
BBC Sport
Just a little bit more on Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy.
It has now been established Mendy has damaged a fifth metatarsal.
The extent of the damage is not known and neither is the length of time he will be out.

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Lucky wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 14:26 A bit more on Mendy

Simon Stone
BBC Sport
The extent of the damage is not known and neither is the length of time he will be out.
So from a bit of googling on this injury it's likely a fracture and he's out for 5-6 weeks?

does anyone have any expertise on this

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

LamebrainEddy wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41 does anyone have any expertise on this
I don't, but amazed the bstrd's price hasn't dropped

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

LamebrainEddy wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 14:41
Lucky wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 14:26 A bit more on Mendy

Simon Stone
BBC Sport
So from a bit of googling on this injury it's likely a fracture and he's out for 5-6 weeks?

does anyone have any expertise on this
Reports are suggesting it's more likely a bruise than a fracture, which may shorten the recovery period - but there's still nothing concrete either way. I'm considering selling, given I also have Ings which only leaves Bennett and Guendouzi as my bench cover, neither of which I fancy this week (plus I have 2 free's available).

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Bear in mind also, that the last time he played was coming on as a substitute in France's game against The Netherlands on the 9th, so if the injury came in that game then he's already been recovering for 2 weeks.

If a fracture then there's likely still a little way to go, but if it was just bruising then surely he can't be much more than a week away from returning at most?

That said, I bought him for £6.0m so I can afford at least one price drop and I'm more than happy to play Wan-Bissaka for the next game or two in his stead, so I'm holding for now.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

The dreaded foot injury . I've been burned by these in the past . I'm getting rid

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

The bigger question is why is Pep being so coy about it. What's to gain? Cardiff already know he isn't playing, and he has clearly had the injury for at least a week so surely the club knows the truth.

At least Physioroom is now showing the injury, which it wasn't yesterday.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

He's just been handed a 12 month driving ban for being an idiot. I don't think it's just that, but the fact we've been told 3 different injuries to explain the absence makes this situation smell.

One issue is that AWB's fixtures turn sour quite soon so these kind of Mendy's absences will become more of a problem.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”