To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gamewek 5 International Break Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW 5 WC

Yes
34%
No - Already Used
23%
No - Saving It
43%

Total votes: 175

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Gamewek 5 International Break Wildcard

Post by Joccki_10 »

Notned wrote:Anyone daring to go Liverpool-less altogether? I'm already pretty set on going without Salah, but have been toying with Silva instead of Mane (who was near enough my first pick) and the saving does help elsewhere... is going without either too risky?

I honestly don’t think so. There will be managers going without Salah and there will be managers going without Mané. Both groups could do well at the same time, depending on how their replacements perform. So you could do well without both; it’s just even more depending on how your replacements will perform. In my opinion not any player is ever essential when you can have a decent captain without him.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Thanks for the opinions guys. I really like David Silva as an option and think he will haul imminently, though I guess any one in City's midfield is at a slight risk of missing the odd start, whereas Mane isn't really.

For what it's worth, the saving would give me Pedro over Fraser as M4 for a Chelsea double up. Although I guess he's a slight risk himself. As a side note, in the Mane team I am half considering Demarai Gray as a a punt rather than Fraser, particularly if the latter isn't fit for the weekend.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

What teams are people putting together then? I need a little help

Hjuud
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hjuud »

My wc squad is currently this:

Ryan/Button
Mendy/Robertson/Alonso/Doherty/Wan-Bissaka
Hazard/Mane/Pedro/Maddison/Hojbjerg
Aguero/Lacazette/Wilson
0.3ITB

Tinkering:
-Lacazette or Vardy
-Bennett for Doherty would leave me enough cash ITB to bring in Mitro for Wilson
-Richarlison for Pedro or Maddison, I know that I want him at some point
-Ings and/or Fraser/Gray and upgrade elsewhere (Ings/Fraser/DSilva or Wilson/Maddison/Pedro, Hojbjerg to 6.3mil MID to give me better bench)

Laca -> 7mil forward gives me enough cash to bring in Salah for Hazard after GW8.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Hjuud wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 21:35 My wc squad is currently this:

Ryan/Button
Mendy/Robertson/Alonso/Doherty/Wan-Bissaka
Hazard/Mane/Pedro/Maddison/Hojbjerg
Aguero/Lacazette/Wilson
0.3ITB

Tinkering:
-Lacazette or Vardy
-Bennett for Doherty would leave me enough cash ITB to bring in Mitro for Wilson
-Richarlison for Pedro or Maddison, I know that I want him at some point
-Ings and/or Fraser/Gray and upgrade elsewhere (Ings/Fraser/DSilva or Wilson/Maddison/Pedro, Hojbjerg to 6.3mil MID to give me better bench)

Laca -> 7mil forward gives me enough cash to bring in Salah for Hazard after GW8.

Any help would be appreciated.
Identical except Chalobah vs Hojbjerg. Waiting on Richarlison if Pedro gets benched. Your bench all play so wouldn't touch. I am also considering Ramsey and Vardy for Hazard and Wilson but am thinking leaves me a bit light in midfield. A half decent front three though!😀 Too unbalanced?

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF : 87th 06/07 ; FPL 1401st 08/09 ; 5AS champions 21/22 🔫🍸

Post by jacksosi »

Hart (4.5)
Mendy Alonso Laporte (Holebas, WB)
Hazard Mane Pedro Pereyra (4.5)
Kun Mitro Ings

Transfers planned on the ‘Salah’ spot
GW6 Hazard ️ Salah (SOU)
GW7 Salah ️ Eriksen (hud,CAR)
GW8 Roll
GW9 Eriksen & Laporte ️ Salah & Robertson

Covers Salah for SOU, whilst avoiding his tot,che,MCY, then brings him back in. Similar thinking on Robbo.

I know some won’t like the multiple planned transfers post WC, but I prefer that method to stop me doing random stuff

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Honestly, if I were using/wasting that many transfers on Salah in and out I'd keep him in the first place. You are not even benefiting from the saved budget that way, it's just sitting in the bank doing nothing. :?

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

swadd1er wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 21:32 What teams are people putting together then? I need a little help
I'm currently on :

Patricio/Hamer

Alonso/Mendy/Robertson/ Wan Bissaka/ Bennett

Hazard/ Mane/ David Silva/ Neves/ Billing

Aguero/ Mitrovic/ Wilson

With 2.9m in the bank or so to bring in Salah for Southampton at home.

I don't really have a plan to get Kane in at the moment. From memory, we had pretty similar teams for the opening weeks.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Probably won't WC. Need to replace Coleman and can do that for free. But tempted to drop Salah for a few weeks and replace with Hazard. Good chance Hazard outscores him for a while. And Hazard has goals in him at the moment.

Add to that the benefit of Coleman becoming Alonso and 0.9m in bank and the 4 point hit is a no brainer. Yes?

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

swadd1er wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 21:32 What teams are people putting together then? I need a little help
Team is currently :

Hart / 4.0

Template defence minus one :

Wan B / Bennett / Mendy / Alonso / 5.0

Mane / Hazard / Pedro / Silva / Lucas M

Aggy / Mitro / Ings

Keeper will probably be Hamer (although I'm not expecting him to get back in the team purely for likelihood for not dropping). Defender is currently Sakho as I have a serious issue with always having him to my team points detriment!! Pedro stays for now with the possibility of turning into Richarlison or Maddison.

Main consideration is Lucas / Mitro > 4.5 / Laca or 433 with Salah and two 4.5s with Auba (which is highly unlikely but there you go!).

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Ruth_NZ wrote:Honestly, if I were using/wasting that many transfers on Salah in and out I'd keep him in the first place. You are not even benefiting from the saved budget that way, it's just sitting in the bank doing nothing. :?
It’s only for 3 GWs, and unused budget not an issue as I’m v happy with the teams I can put out in those 3 weeks. Using it would also require extra transfers (hits)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

jacksosi wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 11:25
Ruth_NZ wrote:Honestly, if I were using/wasting that many transfers on Salah in and out I'd keep him in the first place. You are not even benefiting from the saved budget that way, it's just sitting in the bank doing nothing. :?
It’s only for 3 GWs, and unused budget not an issue as I’m v happy with the teams I can put out in those 3 weeks. Using it would also require extra transfers (hits).
Not if you bit the bullet and went without Salah till GW9. That would save at least one FT and with 2 available in 9 you'd be able to make use of the 2.5m in the meantime? That was kind of my point, really, it seems to me that a decision one way or the other is needed. Hazard against West Ham; is that really a fixture that you'd want to lose him for?

This is one of the problems of the GW5 wildcard in my view. It forces a decision on Salah before it is really clear what the right decision is. :?

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Currently on:

McCarthy / Hamer

Alonso / Mendy / Shaw* / AWB / Bennet

Salah / Hazard / Pedro / Fraser* / Camarasa

Aguero / Vardy / Ings

Waiting for news on Fraser.

I’ll probably just bench Shaw this week and will be looking to swap Pedro for Richarlison in a couple of weeks.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Currently trying to catch some 0.2 rises during the break which don't look like happening yet.

Once Saturday comes I'll possibly swap out some:
-Pedro (game time is going to frustrate for sure)
-Holebas (would commit me to 4 at the back every week which isn't my style!, im more of a 352 kinda guy)
-GK's Hart at Burnely seems most likely for Etheridge.

Also will consider one of the 7.0 strikers coming in or Dilva in the middle.

I played around with different options of getting Kane in and I wasn't happy with the rest of the team.
ff gw5.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah there isn't many double rises any week but I just missed Mitro's rise on the first day so won't have his guaranteed double price rise. Holebas, Pedro, Moura and Mane seem the most likely others but it may well be the Saturday night - Which is OK if you're holding them but I won't be keeping a few of those.

I think I'll back down on the Lukaku move: I really wanted him in instead of Salah but the problem is that it's 2 transfers to get him back in; I'm actually quite decided myself on whether Salah is key this season even at 13mn. So removing him then getting him back at GW9 may present me with a few more points but no doubt I'll want to make other transfers up until / during that time. So I think I'll be going for Salah +Wilson+1.6mn instead of Mane+Lukaku.

nemo7x
Treebeard

Post by nemo7x »

Currently on this and all suggestions and comments welcome:

Ederson / Etheridge
Mendy / Robertson / Holebas / Boly / Yedlin
Salah / Maddison / Neves / Jorginho / Kenedy
Aguero / Aubameyang / Wilson

ITB 0.4m

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacksosi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jacksosi »

Ruth_NZ wrote:
jacksosi wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 11:25
It’s only for 3 GWs, and unused budget not an issue as I’m v happy with the teams I can put out in those 3 weeks. Using it would also require extra transfers (hits).
Not if you bit the bullet and went without Salah till GW9. That would save at least one FT and with 2 available in 9 you'd be able to make use of the 2.5m in the meantime? That was kind of my point, really, it seems to me that a decision one way or the other is needed. Hazard against West Ham; is that really a fixture that you'd want to lose him for?
Definitely not going without 50% owned and captained Salah for SOU.

Transfers are there to be (ab)used Image

My main struggle is deciding between Wilson (fixtures) and Ings (price) for S3

BJK
Treebeard

Post by BJK »

Hart / 4.0
Alonso / Mendy / Robertson / Holebas / AWB
Mane / Hazard / Moura / Pereyra / 4.5
Zaha / Aguero / Mitrovic

0.6 still in the bank for some flexibility. Thinking of whether i should take out Lucas or Pereyra for Richarlson now since I know i'll bring him in when fit. Thoughts on the team? Could always downgrade Holebas -> 4.0 for even more flexibility (especially in midfield) but there doesnt seem to be many middie options in the high 7 / low 8 range.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

MartyBhoy7 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 09:34
I'm currently on :

Patricio/Hamer

Alonso/Mendy/Robertson/ Wan Bissaka/ Bennett

Hazard/ Mane/ David Silva/ Neves/ Billing

Aguero/ Mitrovic/ Wilson

With 2.9m in the bank or so to bring in Salah for Southampton at home.

I don't really have a plan to get Kane in at the moment. From memory, we had pretty similar teams for the opening weeks.
And it looks like we’ve got 9/11 players the same this time.. :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

swadd1er wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 19:54 9/11
This would have been topical yesterday. :wink:

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

On the following:

Patricio, Hamer
Mendy, Robertson, Alonso, Bennett, WB
Hazard, Mané, Lucas Moura, Silva, Billing
Aguero, Mitro, Zaha

If Zaha doesn’t make it (which it looks like he will) I’d be happy with any of Bennett, WB or Billing coming in this week.

Ricardo81
Wideboy
FS Record: 0

Post by Ricardo81 »

Patricio/Hart
Mendy/Alonso/Rico/Bennett/AWB
Hazard/Salah/Maddison/Fraser/Neves
Aguero/Mitrovic/Zaha

I'd like to get Richarlison back in after the Arsenal game and could go for a 4.0 second GK and leave Patricio in full time to gain another £0.5m

Rico could be a decent differential. £4.5m, good fixtures, good game v Chelsea and on a few set pieces

Shankly
Cheetah

Post by Shankly »

Currently on this:

GK 4.0/4.5( undecided still)
Def: Mendy/ Alonso/ Doherty/ Rico/ WB
Mid: Hazard/ Salah/ Dilva/ Ramsey/ Hojberg
Forwards: Aguero/ Wilson/ Ings

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Currently on

Patricio/Hamer
Alonso/Mendy/xxx/WB/Bennett
Hazard/Mane/David Silva/xxx/Billing
Aguero/Lacazette/xxx

Last 3 slots are up for grabs and really depends on injury updates/my gut feeling Saturday morning. 17.5m to play with (if swap billing to Hojbjerg)

Current options i'm looking at:

Pereira/Pedro/Ings (view of Pedro as placeholder for Richarlison)
Pereira/Maddison/Ings
Trippier/Fraser/Ings
Trippier/Gray/Ings
Trippier/Schurlle/Ings
Bellerin/Maddison/Ings
Shaw/Fraser/Mitrovic
Shaw/Gray/Mitrovic
Pereira/Fraser/Mitrovic
Pereira/Gray/Mitrovic

Any preferred options? :D :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Highlander12 wrote:Any preferred options? :D :lol:
Shaw/Fraser/Mitrovic if you can handle the immediate issues with those players. Unfortunately one has a poor fixture this weekend and the other two may not be fit to play. :lol:

I think Chilwell is a better bet than Pereira by the way.

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 12:58
Highlander12 wrote:Any preferred options? :D :lol:
Shaw/Fraser/Mitrovic if you can handle the immediate issues with those players. Unfortunately one has a poor fixture this weekend and the other two may not be fit to play. :lol:

I think Chilwell is a better bet than Pereira by the way.
Shaw/Fraser/Mitrovic was one of my favoured options to begin with but the injuries have put me off a bit. Trippier/Fraser/Ings was another option I was strongly considering.

If one of Shaw/Fraser look like starting it could be the best route.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Currently;

Begovic/Hamer
Alonso/Mendy/Shaw/Cedric/W-B
Hazard/Mane/Moura/Fraser or Gray/4.5
Aguero/Lacazette/Wilson

Still considering ways to get Silva in, but pretty set on this team otherwise. If Shaw is out for a while I may replace him with Chilwell, but Cedric can cover this week if not. Also tempted to get Hughes as fifth mid for a strong first sub to cover any surprise benchings among the front 7.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Notned wrote:...also tempted to get Hughes as fifth mid for a strong first sub to cover any surprise benchings among the front 7.
You might want to look at Ralls as an alternative, saves 0.1m and I think he's better. There's a small write-up in my blog if you are interested.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Quite tempted to go maverick with no Liverpool:
Hart, 4mn
Chilwell, Doherty, Mendy, Alonso, AWB
Dilva, Pogba, 4.4, Pedro, Hazard
Lukaku, Aguero, Ings

Really don't like not having Wilson though, not sure where those feeling are coming from...Pogba is the surprise inclusion there I know. Could drop back out of orbit and plump for Mane and Moura/Ramsey instead of Dilva and Paul however. The Fraser hamstring injury has caused a world of agony.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the 'threat' level of Lukaku has just shot way up to 'most threatening' of all strikers, ahead of Aguero. I haven't had the (dis)pleasure of watching Man U this season yet so the eye test isn't in play. He's someone I wanted anyway and that stats move has made it 1% more likely to happen. :lol:

PS: thinking about it, that threat level is even with only playing the last 20 minutes in the first game. He has living a flat-track bully title, but will it continue?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”