To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lucas Moura

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Lucas Moura

Post by germainelefoe »

Is this guy the real deal? All aboard the kneejerk hype train!

Curious as to where he played last night as I have not managed to catch highlights of the game yet. Was he a winger or a no 10 or what? I heard a piece of commentary that called him Kane's "partner up front". He looks pretty tempting, Liverpool aside his fixtures are pretty good up to the 2nd international break. If he is playing almost as a support striker then even better.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Re: Lucas Moura

Post by Billy Stark »

Was playing off Kane. Only question is what happens when Son returns?

His to lose at the moment tho you suspect so def worth £7m for me. Looks a better option than Mhki

escape_to_victory
FISOhead

Post by escape_to_victory »

I’m tempted. Obviously the prodigal Son’s return makes him a risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Could be a decent replacement for Richarlison in my team. At the very least should be able to catch a couple of price rises.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Who scored have the formation as

Newcastle away 4-3-2-1
Fulham home 3-1-4-2
Man Utd away 4-1-2-1-2

When they have started with 2 up top he has been alongside Kane . To me yesterday he was definitely playing alongside Kane .

Also I'm not to sure Son coming back is a big worry . Son didn't start GW1 despite being available . Also Poch isn't averse to keeping Son on the bench for a run of games .

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

germainelefoe wrote:Is this guy the real deal?
Nope. Image

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Why not Stemania, he plays as a forward and have good points record

TheCrystalBall
Treebeard

Post by TheCrystalBall »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:38 Why not Stemania, he plays as a forward and have good points record
Historically he's hitting a goal in about 1 in 4.5 games and that was in easier leagues. Think he's a watching brief at the moment

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Ye ok for some reason I thought he had like 9 goals and assist (together) in the same amount of games last season.

Looking at whoscored it says games: 2(4) and one assist.

I have no idea where I did get that from...

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

What Stem said.

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

I wouldn't get too carried away it was only United! I guess he played more centrally because Poch recognized United's frailty in defence and wanted him to run straight at the center backs. I wouldn't expect him to play there every match.

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

TheCrystalBall wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 01:34
Klopp-o-matic wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:38 Why not Stemania, he plays as a forward and have good points record
Historically he's hitting a goal in about 1 in 4.5 games and that was in easier leagues. Think he's a watching brief at the moment
The EPL is shite.

There is a large disparity between the top 6 and the rest. Moura plays for a top 6 club and shouldn't find it too difficult to score in the 'best league in the world'.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

If only it had the depth as Scotland, Germany, Spain or Italy or France, Turkey, Portugal, Greece.......

Billy Stark
FISOhead

Post by Billy Stark »

He wouldn't be approached for a selfie by opposition fans in they leagues at least.

Horrendous league full of plastic fans :D

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Man u cockney wink

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Currently on my watchlist but nothing more.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

germainelefoe wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 14:53 Is this guy the real deal? All aboard the kneejerk hype train!

Curious as to where he played last night as I have not managed to catch highlights of the game yet. Was he a winger or a no 10 or what? I heard a piece of commentary that called him Kane's "partner up front". He looks pretty tempting, Liverpool aside his fixtures are pretty good up to the 2nd international break. If he is playing almost as a support striker then even better.

Yes he is the real deal. Regretting selling him for Mkhy , he's much better player and FPL prospect. Son is predominantly used on the left with Moura more a right winger. Only thing is his stats are not great but stats are overrated and any decent player will watch games and make an opinion. Anyone who has watched Moura will know how advanced he plays and what good speed and vision he has . If anything his finishing is a bit of a weakness but you wouldn't think it would you so far . I'm a fool for going fixtures over form. I should know better

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The first thing I'd want from a 7m+ player is that they are likely to stay in their team for more than a few weeks - I don't think this is at all clear when Son returns. Could very plausibly get just one more game before being out again if Son is back ready after the IB. Even if ahead of Son he also gets dropped in the 343 with Eriksen/Alli behind Kane. He's also extremely likely to be subbed early whenever he does play, since Kane/Alli/Eriksen are the other attackers. In fact, he was about to be subbed before his second goal at Old Trafford, but Rose went down and was brought off instead.

His goalscoring pedegree is relatively poor for a 7m player, as are the stats he's put up so far - his 3 goals are from just 5 shots (3 on target), and he has created just one chance.

He's got just 3 home games in the next 9 PL fixtures (and two of the home games are City and Liverpool).

I guess the upside is that his price is upwardly mobile, he's playing quite advanced at times while Kane is coming a little deeper to hold up play, he's scored 3, which is great for his confidence, and many of Spurs upcoming opponents are quite poor (despite most games being away). But the potential downsides are pushing the scales the other way for me.

I'd definitely wait until after the tricky (wat, LIV) double header to see what happens when Son returns. Personally, I'd pick the cheaper Pedro ahead of him atm, and I have serious doubts about Pedro keeping his place too. :)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I wish somebody had made me aware of all these (very valid) reasons not to buy him before I transferred him in on my way back from watching the game at the pub on Monday night. :oops:

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Stemania I thought he had much better stats and more played games (last season) than he actually had.

The silkworm/ Haha yes I did the transfer too after some beers. I picked Barkley in my initial squad (hoped he could delivier from an advanced midfield position at 6.0) and had to get rid of him so swapped him for Moura.

I think he could be a decent pick though but not sure at all. A punt of course...

Ritchie7
Cheetah

Lucas Moura to swap Mahrez

Post by Ritchie7 »

Should I swap Ryad Marez with Lucas Moura in my team... Feel that Mahrez won't be that regular first-team player but who can replace him. On the other hand, Moura is a benchwarmer as well? Advice please

Chiptastic
Wideboy

Post by Chiptastic »

I really fancy Moura over the next few gameweeks. Eriksen’s injury aside, surely Moura’s undroppable now Alli is out for a month?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Depends on how good you think the Alli and Erik replacements will be in setting him up....

secret007
Wideboy
FS Record: 2200

Post by secret007 »

Do you guys think Son is better if money is no issue?

i am afraid Son is given less minute due to Asian Cup exhaustion.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”