To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Salah/Mane vs. Hazard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Mane vs. Hazard, best option going forward?

Mane
36%
Hazard
61%
Neither
3%

Total votes: 127

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Salah/Mane vs. Hazard

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Sterling deserves a mention too.
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 02 Sep 2018, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 13:06 Salah isn't in form but is still scoring at a consistent rate, he's still the most threatening and creative player in the league statistically, his shot conversation rate is only at 10% which is bound to improve.

Hazard just had 1 shot in the box yesterday vs Bournemouth at home and scored. Looks in better form though and is on pens.

Tough call, but I think I'll stick it out with Salah in the thought that he will hit some form soon with those stats.

Salah stats

Goals 2
Assists 2
Shots 19
Chances created 13

Goal conversion 10.5%

Goal conversion last season
22%
Salah v Mane
Salah stats first

Goals 2 v 4
Assists 2 v 0
Shots 19 v 10
Chances created 13 v 6
Goal conversion 10.5% v 40%
Goal conversion last season 22% v 14%

Isnt that just a matter of time until Salah starts scoring more? He sure seems to be the man.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Yes, I think so. He's definitely out of form at the moment, but that won't last. There's no way he will continue to be as wasteful as he has been.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Stuck on this I want Hazard and don’t feel like I can drop Salah or Mane. With Mendy Robertson Alonso Aguero I have to downgrade someone I don’t want to lose.

DDG > 4.5 is almost a cert so I could afford Mane > Hazard but don’t know if it’s worth it.

Britinus
Grumpy Old Man

Hazard or Salah

Post by Britinus »

Have Salah but thinking of a 4 point hit to bring in Hazard especially after tonights game. Chelsea at home to Pool and then Southampton while Liverpool away to Chelsea and then City.
worth the swap?

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Salah still looks very threatening and the goals will come but an early subbing and the fact he is yet to register a single bonus point this season don't bode well for a near 13 million investment.

It could also be argued that the likes of Vardy, Willian, Son, Sane and Sterling now offer upgrades elsewhere to re distribute the funds.

Tempted to lose him for Mane this week on my wildcard.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Being the 1st one off when they needed a goal iced the cake of his departure for me.

Maddison rose last night, and Kane will soon?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Still got Salah and sitting in the top 20k, I honestly just don't see a need to move him now with the easy fixtures coming up and the argument the money can be spent elsewhere isn't that convincing either since there are great budget options this season, I tinkered a bit without him and really didn't think the team was that much better or the money was being put to better use. If he doesn't fire after HUD, Cardiff and Fulham, then I will get rid of him, but so far he's really not been a problem for my team.

PSA
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PSA »

What are people doing with if you still have Salah and don’t have Hazard?

The last month has really opened he gap between those who stuck with Salah.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

I plan to get Salah in after next week.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

It's pretty ridiculous that Hazard has managed to score twice as many points as Salah and Mane combined since GW5, especially when comparing his stats to Salah's. In fact, Hazard's over-performance is so great that he'd break Salah's PL goal record at this rate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

Not long now and a £4m Crystal Palace defender will have higher ownership than Salah.

Who saw that coming? :lol:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Resonare wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 23:44 It's pretty ridiculous that Hazard has managed to score twice as many points as Salah and Mane combined since GW5, especially when comparing his stats to Salah's. In fact, Hazard's over-performance is so great that he'd break Salah's PL goal record at this rate :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's kinda expected when Liverpool have played Spurs, Chelsea and City. :roll:

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 09:45
That's kinda expected when Liverpool have played Spurs, Chelsea and City. :roll:
Not at all, but you're clearly one of those people who just look at the fixture and nothing else :roll: :roll:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Eden is Chelsea's main way of scoring and they look set for at least a solid 3rd, while Liverpool's goals will be spread about....

abuhaneefah
FISOhead

Post by abuhaneefah »

Resonare wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 14:40
Not at all, but you're clearly one of those people who just look at the fixture and nothing else :roll: :roll:
Other factors like Tough Champions league games with PSG and Napoli in the same time frame you mean?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

blahblah wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 14:47 Eden is Chelsea's main way of scoring and they look set for at least a solid 3rd, while Liverpool's goals will be spread about....
That's interesting...

Hazard has 7 goals despite having an xG of 3.79.

Salah has 3 goals despite having an xG of 5.91.

How does spreading out goals apply to over-performance?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

All that tells me is that an average finisher would have 6 goals from Salah's chances and 4 from Eden's.

But then Eden doesn't get many tap ins?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Have you actually looked at Hazard's conversion rate? It's not sustainable. Trying to use the argument that he's a better finisher doesn't work because then you also have to put him above players like Aguero and Vardy.

He is overperforming, simple as.

jack1092
Wideboy

Post by jack1092 »

I do think Hazard will score more freely under Sarri. It's partly a guess i won't lie, but if you look at Mertens improvement under Sarri numbers-wise you'd expect a upturn for Hazard as well. Years have gone by where Hazard hasn't performed to his abilities in my opinion (not FPL-wise) but this will be his year. Does that mean he will out perform Salah? Not necessarily, but he will have more advantages in his favour.

The team is purely focused on Hazard, whereas, LFC have more of a spread. The CL fixtures LFC have had have meant resting a front player has been harder, whilst Hazard gets a Europa League rest as he's "tired". Don't get me wrong Vs Red Star...there will be more of a chance of Shaqiri will play instead of one of the front men.

Hazard has the hard next few months ahead fixtures-wise, however, he will probably be fresh for them all, as he won't play midweek.

I have Hazard, and i also have banked the funds to maybe get Salah in now the fixtures have turned, however, it's still up in the air...

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Captain Obvious alert.

Describe the ideal players to fill your front 8:

- presses forward
- scoring goals now
- confidence level high for player
- and same for team
- team tactics are not parking a bus
- top team likely to score almost every game
- not much competition from colleagues re goals
- fully fit
- set pieces and pens

Some forgiveness on the above if price is cheap. But only if money tight.

Hazard ticks every box right now. If Morata continues his hot scoring streak (...) then maybe a minor flag appears.

Laca ticks most perhaps all if Auba not a guaranteed starter. Richarlison ticks a few. Aguero has fitness, rotation and competition for goals issues but still ranks highly. Question marks over many others.

My rather amateur analysis method makes Murray look a steal. If Wolves scored a few more goals Jimenez too.

Hazard is currently miles ahead in my opinion. And for now I see little chance of his boxes unticking.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Not at all, if I was one of those people, Salah would simply not be in my team at the moment, but it's clearly a factor in a players haul potential. Only a fool would think it's as easy to score vs Chelsea/City/Spurs than it is to the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth :roll:

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 12:24
Not at all, if I was one of those people, Salah would simply not be in my team at the moment, but it's clearly a factor in a players haul potential. Only a fool would think it's as easy to score vs Chelsea/City/Spurs than it is to the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth :roll:
Then your words don't match your actions. If Salah is expected to blank in those 3 as you said in your first post (which he isn't BTW, check his expected scores on FFS or FFFix) then why do you still have him in your team then? :lol: :lol: :roll:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Because he had SOTON between them?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I’ve just spotted that Mané is injured. Broken thumb.
Do you think this’ll keep him out? For how long?

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

https://kopend.rollingstreet.com/2018/1 ... cal-staff/

I know nothing of the reliability of this as a source, but if true it appears that Salah (and Milner!) are available for Huddersfield. Whether Klopp would play them is another matter perhaps.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

raoul wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 11:15 https://kopend.rollingstreet.com/2018/1 ... cal-staff/

I know nothing of the reliability of this as a source, but if true it appears that Salah (and Milner!) are available for Huddersfield. Whether Klopp would play them is another matter perhaps.
Yeah fit doesn’t mean guaranteed to play but hopefully mane being out (surprising from a Physio perspective) makes salah more likely to play

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Falling to that side could make it worse if the protection doesn't hold up?

Also it is a good excuse to bench the selfish get?

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 23:56 I’ve just spotted that Mané is injured. Broken thumb.
As he isn't a goalkeeper, I'd expect him to play this weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

wonkypenguin wrote: 16 Oct 2018, 12:31
Smurphy's Paw wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 23:56 I’ve just spotted that Mané is injured. Broken thumb.
As he isn't a goalkeeper, I'd expect him to play this weekend! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
What makes you think he can play with a broken thumb? Perhaps he can, but I'm just curious why you are so convinced.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”