To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mkhitaryan

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
jonesbones
FISOhead
FS Record: TFFE Winner 2011, 3rd in Sky Sports FF 2013, 3rd in Daily Mail 2011

Re: Mkhitaryan

Post by jonesbones »

Stemania wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 12:09
jonesbones wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 12:03 I bought Mkhitaryan at 7.0, so he’s now 7.1 for me after the two rises. If he drops twice before next GW, would I have him at 7.0 or 6.9 then?
7.0 :)
Cheers 😀

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

This is a lesson I fail to learn each season with midrange players, especially in top 6 teams. They are prone to rotation due to the overall squad's depth and that's why they are midrange priced, even though they're playing for a top team. Son, Mata, Lallana, BSilva, Mkhi, Pedro, Willian, Lingaard etc, they all have good spells of playing time and a few hauls to make them such a tasty option, but once you bring them in, the manager will opt for something different tactically and it's really difficult to catch them in their good vein of form and it's lucky if you own them when they do haul.

I'm really considering just opting for midrange priced players that are very important to their team and "nailed" as set and forgets, Richarlison, Maddison, Gross, Pereyra instead of wasting FT's playing mid-range merry-go-round, which more often than not ends in frustration.

The important midrange players from the teams outside of the top 6 are capable of picking up points vs the top 6 sides anyway.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 12:19 This is a lesson I fail to learn each season with midrange players, especially in top 6 teams. They are prone to rotation due to the overall squad's depth and that's why they are midrange priced, even though they're playing for a top team. Son, Mata, Lallana, BSilva, Mkhi, Pedro, Willian, Lingaard etc, they all have good spells of playing time and a few hauls to make them such a tasty option, but once you bring them in, the manager will opt for something different tactically and it's really difficult to catch them in their good vein of form and it's lucky if you own them when they do haul.

I'm really considering just opting for midrange priced players that are very important to their team and "nailed" as set and forgets, Richarlison, Maddison, Gross, Pereyra instead of wasting FT's playing mid-range merry-go-round, which more often than not ends in frustration.

The important midrange players from the teams outside of the top 6 are capable of picking up points vs the top 6 sides anyway.
Yeah, I agree, and also I expect Lucas Moura to join the group of players that you mention too. He would have to be doing fantastically well to keep Son out of the team permanently.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Oh Mikhi what a pity you don't understand
You kick me up the arse when I put you in my plans
Oh Mikhi it's so shitty, just a one point stand
It's guys like you Mikhi
That trash my team Mikhi, you Mikhi
That's why you're gone Mikhi

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

I'll give him another week (or two). I wanted him for GW3-10 so we're not too far into that. If he is benched in either of the next two though I will have a rethink.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

In my thread about linearity I highlight this problem.

Only around 25% of PL players are suitable for FPL, most of them don’t get many points at all.

Of that 25% there are 3 groups.
RED = premium players, these are the 3 or 4 most expensive FPL players in each position.
ORANGE = mid price players, tend to play at big 6 and look good on paper but due to rotation they miss lots of game time and have to be actively managed.
GREEN = low price players, play at smaller clubs, always play 90mins.

GREEN and ORANGE players tend to finish the season with about the same pts. You can in theory get more point by actively swapping ORANGE players in and out but GREEN players are cheaper. Having a GREEN might allow you to get an extra RED.

Nykwanna Wombosi
Kevin and Perry

Post by Nykwanna Wombosi »

Can swap him for Sanchez...should I?!

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

Does Arsenal play either Lacazette or Mkhi? Can they not start them in the same lineup? Is that unlikely?
Last edited by finkelele on 03 Sep 2018, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

bluenosey wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 13:15 Oh Mikhi what a pity you don't understand
You kick me up the arse when I put you in my plans
Oh Mikhi it's so shitty, just a one point stand
It's guys like you Mikhi
That trash my team Mikhi, you Mikhi
That's why you're gone Mikhi
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MrBenn
Treebeard

Post by MrBenn »

Nykwanna Wombosi wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 16:14 Can swap him for Sanchez...should I?!
He was great in pre season matches ,but has gone back to last seasons form. Ie runs arou d a lot but creates little

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Even harder to create anything when you’re on the pitch for 1 minute

Getting close to decision time now. Gutted about the Fraser injury as he was the one I wanted.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

What’s everyone doing?

I’m torn

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Torn also here. Had thought about bringing Fraser in, but that plan is out the window now considering he is a doubt? May just play him in the hope that Emery starts him..

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

It's Newcastle. They are rubbish. He gets one more week.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

1 minute isn’t enough despite being against Newcastle though?

I think I will swallow the drop in price that’s likely coming and hope he plays as I don’t have many players I want to bring in, Pogba maybe?

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Think I'm happy enough to roll with him this week, knowing he can easily become Richarlison next week, which may happen regardless - so seems a waste to transfer him out now. The other option in my case would be to simply bench him in favour of Bennett at home to Burnley. Doesn't sound so bad actually!

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

wonkypenguin wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 12:06 It's Newcastle. They are rubbish. He gets one more week.
But Rafa was top in the Parking section of the Elite Coach Driving course?

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

blahblah wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 13:09 But Rafa was top in the Parking section of the Elite Coach Driving course?
Surely he was second behind Mourinho? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

wonkypenguin wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 13:16
blahblah wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 13:09 But Rafa was top in the Parking section of the Elite Coach Driving course?
Surely he was second behind Mourinho? :mrgreen: :lol:
They were in different years :roll: :lol:

Tel The Gooner
Kevin and Perry

Post by Tel The Gooner »

I'm an Arsenal fan but I wouldn't pick him in my fantasy team. To be honest I only ever see 2 from Mkhi, Ozil and Ramsey playing at any one time so lots of rotation as none of them exactly nailing down a spot. Emery also picks what he sees to be horses for courses.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I agree, but more like "no more than 2"?

He is out of my rabble in the next few days for Rich.

Stu255
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stu255 »

blahblah wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 15:06 I agree, but more like "no more than 2"?
I think he means only 2 of the 3 on the field at the same time.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stu255 wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 16:31
blahblah wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 15:06 I agree, but more like "no more than 2"?
I think he means only 2 of the 3 on the field at the same time.
Yep I know. My point is that it could be more often 1 of them than all 3.

The poor defence is the problem, imho as it means Dick can't attack how he wants to.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Think I'm benching him and starting Wally and AWB

Was looking at Ghezzal in for Mkhy. He's literally like Chris Waddle . Consenus amongst Lecister fans and predicted lineups suggest he starts ( with Gray or Albrighton missing out). At 5.3 he frees up funds . Going to a 4 4 2 soon with Shaw coming in for Peltier so it kind of makes sense. Not sure though

Can't see Mkhy starting, can anyone ?

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

I pulled the trigger on him to cash in my profit. So he's guranteed to score big this afternoon.

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

snout wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 08:10 I pulled the trigger on him to cash in my profit. So he's guranteed to score big this afternoon.
Yer but that's what trolls do. I sold for Pedro in the end. I thought although a risk he's better value than Hazard and he shoots more so what's not to like :D

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

He's got 1 more week, unless he hauls. Which I doubt.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Glad he didn’t drop to protect my profit. Will be gone for richarlison by tmw

ricardo68
FISOhead

Post by ricardo68 »

If you dont play Mkhi after a break v Newcastle when do you play him?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

When he played well the previous week hence is likely to start.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”