To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Danny Ings

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Danny Ings

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

We need to talk about Danny.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: Danny Ings

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 16:18 We need to talk about Danny.
We do :idea:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Comes in next GW for King along with Sanchez for Sterling.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The standout budget option, the big difference between him and somebody like Jimenez is that he is proven, 129 points and 11 goals in a very poor Burnley team. Admittedly this was a few seasons ago, and he's had a bad injury, but always been a good player and tidy finisher.

He will be nailed, decent fixtures, and at just 5.5m can be benched for tougher games, he's the ideal 3rd striker, and the type of player the game was missing last season.

Have considered Wilson but think Ings can match him for less money.

ZeroRemorse - I'm considering something similar, will you move tomorrow just so you can see how Sterling/City line up, or will you move tonight to avoid the possible drop and not worry about seeing the City game?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Gambit wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 17:02 The standout budget option, the big difference between him and somebody like Jimenez is that he is proven, 129 points and 11 goals in a very poor Burnley team. Admittedly this was a few seasons ago, and he's had a bad injury, but always been a good player and tidy finisher.

He will be nailed, decent fixtures, and at just 5.5m can be benched for tougher games, he's the ideal 3rd striker, and the type of player the game was missing last season.

ZeroRemorse - I'm considering something similar, will you move tomorrow just so you can see how Sterling/City line up, or will you move tonight to avoid the possible drop and not worry about seeing the City game?
Not to mention he's had several years of coaching and insight under Klopp, he's moving into space well and ghosting really well, definitely looks like an LFC player going with the way he's moving.

I'll wait buddy, I'm also interested in Hazard too, what a season this is, so many awesome options. I'm not too concerned with price rises this season, I've tried that strat in the past, although it's effective to get into the top 50k, it's very difficult to get near the 5k.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

I thought Southampton didn’t create enough chances to make their attackers interesting in FPL terms, but Ings’s ICT-index according to FPL looks pretty high (the T-part!). Can someone tell me if he really was dangerous today?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

I'm tempted to replace King with Ings and use the cash to upgrade Jota in my midfield.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Already did Iheanacho --> Ings.

Already had 1.0m extra from Siggy --> Richairlison, so now I can do Aguero to Kane or Barkley to any 7.5m if I want.

HQ Manoeuvre
FISOhead
FS Record: 1566 FPL 2011-12

Post by HQ Manoeuvre »

I might bin Benteke off for him.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Joccki_10 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 20:40 I thought Southampton didn’t create enough chances to make their attackers interesting in FPL terms, but Ings’s ICT-index according to FPL looks pretty high (the T-part!). Can someone tell me if he really was dangerous today?
He had 7 touches in the penalty box, compared to King's 3.

6 attempts on goal, all coming from in the box compared to King's 2 and 1 in the box.

2 shots on target, compared to Kings 0.

2 big chances, 1 scored compared to Kings 0.

And same chances created. 1.

It's a small data sample, but when Ings came on last week, he was by and large SOTON's best-attacking threat vs Burnley, meanwhile King was pretty anonymous vs Cardiff as well.

Over the course of these two games, Ings definitely looks the superior pick.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 17:10
Gambit wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 17:02 The standout budget option, the big difference between him and somebody like Jimenez is that he is proven, 129 points and 11 goals in a very poor Burnley team. Admittedly this was a few seasons ago, and he's had a bad injury, but always been a good player and tidy finisher.

Not to mention he's had several years of coaching and insight under Klopp, he's moving into space well and ghosting really well, definitely looks like an LFC player going with the way he's moving.

I'll wait buddy, I'm also interested in Hazard too, what a season this is, so many awesome options. I'm not too concerned with price rises this season, I've tried that strat in the past, although it's effective to get into the top 50k, it's very difficult to get near the 5k.
He was crokced more than Sturridge at Lpool?

Still rocks at 5.5m for a starting fwd.....

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Yeah, poor guy picked up that nasty injury early into his LFC career, then inflamed it again. Really unfortunate, could've done well as a rotating option there, but Pool is so stacked now that a move was a good idea for his career, he was a really popular character there too and works hard, I like the guy immensely as a player, he's the hard-working forward any midtable team desires.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Not as much as Kliippity does, and yep I thought he was a Klopp player, but missed the boat, so to speak. Good energy, pressing, can finish, decent technique.... pinocchiop what Hughes will do to him, bit Big Club Manager could be gone by Xmas?

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

Done it, King > Ings

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

I’m also on the king to Ings bandwagon I think

Then possibly Bailly to alonso. Chasing last week’s points too much?

Jamtart
Treebeard
FS Record: Hopefully improving...

Post by Jamtart »

No Way Jose wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 23:21 I’m also on the king to Ings bandwagon I think

I'm looking at exactly this.

I put it in my RMT thread last night and having slept on it I'm still keen. All reports sound positive on Ings and as I've just posted in the Alonso thread - this is likely the best time to get him if you're planning on it.

I'd prefer to keep the united CS cover but I can always look to bring someone in later since it's not as pressing. The only concern I have about making the change is the Aguero situation -but that's a topic for another discussion!

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Ings could be a good option at that price - just be aware he's on loan so no Liverpool (A) fixture. Not that you'd expect much from that game.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Jamtart wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 08:47
No Way Jose wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 23:21 I’m also on the king to Ings bandwagon I think

I put it in my RMT thread last night and having slept on it I'm still keen. All reports sound positive on Ings and as I've just posted in the Alonso thread - this is likely the best time to get him if you're planning on it.

I'd prefer to keep the united CS cover but I can always look to bring someone in later since it's not as pressing. The only concern I have about making the change is the Aguero situation -but that's a topic for another discussion!
I agree 100%

Aguero is an issue for me potentially but I alludedto a possible plan for him in my RMT (I think it was inthere anyway :lol:)

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Have Ings at the mo in my WC team. If needed I could replace him with Kane meaning Salah to a 6.5 (Pedro) so I have options if he tanks. Obviously that's the extreme.

Jamtart
Treebeard
FS Record: Hopefully improving...

Post by Jamtart »

No Way Jose wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 12:31

I agree 100%

Aguero is an issue for me potentially but I alludedto a possible plan for him in my RMT (I think it was inthere anyway :lol:)
Aguero starts (and I now regret swapping captain to salah, despite it being the smart move with the rumours and pep factor). It does relax me that he's not an issue and I was right to expect 2 up top at home.

I'll now be going ahead with those 2 transfers. Early in the week if it looks like Alonso will rise at that.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Jamtart wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 13:09
No Way Jose wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 12:31

I agree 100%

Aguero starts (and I now regret swapping captain to salah, despite it being the smart move with the rumours and pep factor). It does relax me that he's not an issue and I was right to expect 2 up top at home.

I'll now be going ahead with those 2 transfers. Early in the week if it looks like Alonso will rise at that.
I’m also with you re the armband. Things don’t go your way sometimes in this game

Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Post by Droughton »

Southampton do have 3 other good strikers... Long, Gabbi + Austin so how likely is it that Ings may lose minutes?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Soton fans including ones who go to matches are quite open that they are pants. When they sack Hughes I'll have a look, but Jimenez is a safer option, but only if no Neves\Jota etc.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

Watched the game Vs Everton could have easily had a brace possibly hat trick with a bit more sharpness which will no doubt come.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

I've got him in, decent numbers and hopefully will get a prolonged period in the side. Let just hope Hughe's donesn't switch to just 1 up front.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Droughton wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:49 Southampton do have 3 other good strikers... Long, Gabbi + Austin so how likely is it that Ings may lose minutes?
Long and Gabbiadini aren't good strikers. I know it isn't a large sample, but Ings has been Southampton's best player by a huge margin in the first couple of games.

Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Post by Droughton »

Tall Paul wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 15:16
Droughton wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:49 Southampton do have 3 other good strikers... Long, Gabbi + Austin so how likely is it that Ings may lose minutes?
Long and Gabbiadini aren't good strikers. I know it isn't a large sample, but Ings has been Southampton's best player by a huge margin in the first couple of games.
Okay thanks, just checked all his stats on 'the other site' and looks good to me

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Anybody an update on his hamstring injury ?

Could he be back this weekend as ive not seen anything about it online and need him to be fit this week, as my bench options are poor and have tough fixtures

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Stevieste wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 17:38 Anybody an update on his hamstring injury ?

Could he be back this weekend as ive not seen anything about it online and need him to be fit this week, as my bench options are poor and have tough fixtures
Still listed on Physio room as a major doubt. Hoping for the best and holding but my bench may be stretched as much as his hammy.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

Oxford NZ wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 07:19
Stevieste wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 17:38 Anybody an update on his hamstring injury ?

Still listed on Physio room as a major doubt. Hoping for the best and holding but my bench may be stretched as much as his hammy.
:lol:

I like what you did there.

My bench is the same, ive got Ballbuena away to man city, wan biska away to man utd and Kamara who has a good fixture but prob wont even make the bench let alone get on the pitch.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”