View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Who To Bench 18/19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Post Reply
User avatar
fred1266
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3506
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 22:56
Location: Trinidad
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15
Contact:

Who To Bench 18/19

Post by fred1266 » 15 Aug 2018, 16:03

Foster or Fabianski

seagulluk
Cheetah
Posts: 9
Joined: 14 Aug 2018, 09:49

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by seagulluk » 15 Aug 2018, 16:47

Foster

User avatar
SirMattBugsby
FISOhead
Posts: 712
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 08:43
Location: In the house!
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by SirMattBugsby » 15 Aug 2018, 17:34

GW 2: Sessegnon (tot) or Bertrand (eve)? Presently Sess benched.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk


Owsler
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3532
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 09:48

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by Owsler » 15 Aug 2018, 18:19

fred1266 wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 16:03
Foster or Fabianski

I was thinking this thread might just be goalkeeper decisions. I'd bench Fab.

My bench is so mediocre, I'm not sure I'll ever have to make a tough choice until I Wildcard.

User avatar
bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2145
Joined: 27 Sep 2008, 19:49
Location: Bradford. 9 miles west of Scumland.
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by bcfc1903 » 15 Aug 2018, 19:41

1 of 3 need benching so King away at West Ham or Jiminez at Leicester or Hughes at Burnley.

I'm thinking the former as all opposition's are relatively strong at Premier League level but I'm thinking Wolves and Watford are more likely to score than Bournemouth, at a tricky trip to West Ham.

Thoughts?

User avatar
SirMattBugsby
FISOhead
Posts: 712
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 08:43
Location: In the house!
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by SirMattBugsby » 15 Aug 2018, 19:53

bcfc1903 wrote:1 of 3 need benching so King away at West Ham or Jiminez at Leicester or Hughes at Burnley.

I'm thinking the former as all opposition's are relatively strong at Premier League level but I'm thinking Wolves and Watford are more likely to score than Bournemouth, at a tricky trip to West Ham.

Thoughts?
I'd bench Hughes, mainly because Burnley are a class act defensively. Both West Ham and Leicester will concede chances.

Besides, Bournemouth aren't that bad in attack, right? Atleast at par with Wolves and not far behind Watford.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk


LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 302
Joined: 21 Aug 2015, 23:14

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by LamebrainEddy » 15 Aug 2018, 20:13

Mitrovic (Spurs Away) or Jota (Leicester Away)

Fixture says Jota but my feeling is towards Mitro

User avatar
fred1266
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3506
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 22:56
Location: Trinidad
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15
Contact:

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by fred1266 » 15 Aug 2018, 21:00

SirMattBugsby wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 17:34
GW 2: Sessegnon (tot) or Bertrand (eve)? Presently Sess benched.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk
yea Betrand could get attacking returns with Everton awful defence

User avatar
fred1266
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3506
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 22:56
Location: Trinidad
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15
Contact:

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by fred1266 » 15 Aug 2018, 21:01

bcfc1903 wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 19:41
1 of 3 need benching so King away at West Ham or Jiminez at Leicester or Hughes at Burnley.

I'm thinking the former as all opposition's are relatively strong at Premier League level but I'm thinking Wolves and Watford are more likely to score than Bournemouth, at a tricky trip to West Ham.

Thoughts?
Hughes for me

User avatar
fred1266
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3506
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 22:56
Location: Trinidad
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15
Contact:

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by fred1266 » 15 Aug 2018, 21:02

LamebrainEddy wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 20:13
Mitrovic (Spurs Away) or Jota (Leicester Away)

Fixture says Jota but my feeling is towards Mitro
mitovic cause he is crap lol

User avatar
bcfc1903
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2145
Joined: 27 Sep 2008, 19:49
Location: Bradford. 9 miles west of Scumland.
FS Record: william hill champion 2010, 2012. all-inclusive league winner 2012, second x-league 2012.

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by bcfc1903 » 15 Aug 2018, 21:18

SirMattBugsby wrote:
bcfc1903 wrote:1 of 3 need benching so King away at West Ham or Jiminez at Leicester or Hughes at Burnley.

I'm thinking the former as all opposition's are relatively strong at Premier League level but I'm thinking Wolves and Watford are more likely to score than Bournemouth, at a tricky trip to West Ham.

Thoughts?
I'd bench Hughes, mainly because Burnley are a class act defensively. Both West Ham and Leicester will concede chances.

Besides, Bournemouth aren't that bad in attack, right? Atleast at par with Wolves and not far behind Watford.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk
fred1266 wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 21:01
bcfc1903 wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 19:41
1 of 3 need benching so King away at West Ham or Jiminez at Leicester or Hughes at Burnley.

I'm thinking the former as all opposition's are relatively strong at Premier League level but I'm thinking Wolves and Watford are more likely to score than Bournemouth, at a tricky trip to West Ham.

Thoughts?
Hughes for me
Good point on the defensive attributes of Burnley. I have put the forwards in intentionally with Hughes fitting the 5th holding midfielder.

Thanks for the feedback.

User avatar
Roger Ramjet
FISOhead
Posts: 819
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 11:24

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by Roger Ramjet » 15 Aug 2018, 21:21

Foster

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


User avatar
nufctoon
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1244
Joined: 08 Aug 2014, 13:28

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by nufctoon » 15 Aug 2018, 21:27

Play one of: Peltier (NEW) / Tomkins (LIV) / Wan-Bissaka (LIV). Currently going with Peltier but Cardiff seems a bit rubbish but Pool could easily bag 4 goals.

User avatar
Chinese Whisperer
Treebeard
Posts: 216
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 08:40
Location: SHEFFIELD
FISO Goals: Score: 250 Position: 6

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by Chinese Whisperer » 15 Aug 2018, 22:37

nufctoon wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 21:27
Play one of: Peltier (NEW) / Tomkins (LIV) / Wan-Bissaka (LIV). Currently going with Peltier but Cardiff seems a bit rubbish but Pool could easily bag 4 goals.
I think Cardiff/Newcastle will be a low scoring match.

User avatar
um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1746
Joined: 27 Dec 2012, 16:15

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by um09a2k » 15 Aug 2018, 22:49

nufctoon wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 21:27
Play one of: Peltier (NEW) / Tomkins (LIV) / Wan-Bissaka (LIV). Currently going with Peltier but Cardiff seems a bit rubbish but Pool could easily bag 4 goals.
Same position as you but it's Peltier vs AWB.

I think it's almost certain Liverpool are scoring, more so than Newcastle so I have Peltier playing. But AWB is more likely to get attacking returns. Then again I'd have about 5 players i.e. half my team (3 Liv, 2 CP) involved in a single match which probably isn't the best idea. Think I'll just give Peltier a go and hope he can return 2 points.

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 202
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 15 Aug 2018, 23:59

David Luiz or Kelechi Iheanacho

I Think I did my decision already but would be fun to hear what u think. Luiz plays Arsenal and Iheanacho plays Wolves.

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 202
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 16 Aug 2018, 00:01

um09a2k wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 22:49
nufctoon wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 21:27
Play one of: Peltier (NEW) / Tomkins (LIV) / Wan-Bissaka (LIV). Currently going with Peltier but Cardiff seems a bit rubbish but Pool could easily bag 4 goals.
Same position as you but it's Peltier vs AWB.
I wouldn't play CP defenders against Liverpool :wink:

User avatar
fred1266
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3506
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 22:56
Location: Trinidad
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15
Contact:

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by fred1266 » 16 Aug 2018, 00:07

nufctoon wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 21:27
Play one of: Peltier (NEW) / Tomkins (LIV) / Wan-Bissaka (LIV). Currently going with Peltier but Cardiff seems a bit rubbish but Pool could easily bag 4 goals.
Peltier

User avatar
fred1266
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3506
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 22:56
Location: Trinidad
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15
Contact:

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by fred1266 » 16 Aug 2018, 00:08

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
15 Aug 2018, 23:59
David Luiz or Kelechi Iheanacho

I Think I did my decision already but would be fun to hear what u think. Luiz plays Arsenal and Iheanacho plays Wolves.
Iheanacho we scoring for sure this weekend

chopmahoney
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 08:56

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by chopmahoney » 16 Aug 2018, 02:45

Boly (a Leicester) or Bertrand (a Everton)

User avatar
fred1266
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3506
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 22:56
Location: Trinidad
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15
Contact:

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by fred1266 » 16 Aug 2018, 03:10

chopmahoney wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 02:45
Boly (a Leicester) or Bertrand (a Everton)
tough one Boly only because Betrand might get some attacking points since Everton poor defensively
Last edited by fred1266 on 16 Aug 2018, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fred1266
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3506
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 22:56
Location: Trinidad
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15
Contact:

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by fred1266 » 16 Aug 2018, 03:10

chopmahoney wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 02:45
Boly (a Leicester) or Bertrand (a Everton)
touch one Boly only because Betrand might get some attacking points since Everton poor defensively

chopmahoney
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 26
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 08:56

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by chopmahoney » 16 Aug 2018, 09:29

Thanks yeah it’s made even made more complicated by owning Tosun which had me leaning towards playing Boly but should owning Tosun even come into calculation

The Royal BlueNose
FISOhead
Posts: 781
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 20:02
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
FS Record: Average at best!

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by The Royal BlueNose » 16 Aug 2018, 12:29

Cairney (Tot A) or Neves (Lei A)

Leaning towards benching Cairney, not that I'm convinced by Spurs and think Fulham could nick a goal or two.

User avatar
No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2712
Joined: 22 Sep 2017, 10:46
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by No Way Jose » 16 Aug 2018, 12:58

The Royal BlueNose wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 12:29
Cairney (Tot A) or Neves (Lei A)

Leaning towards benching Cairney, not that I'm convinced by Spurs and think Fulham could nick a goal or two.
Cairney makes the most sense to me

User avatar
No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2712
Joined: 22 Sep 2017, 10:46
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by No Way Jose » 16 Aug 2018, 12:58

Bench PVA (LIV) or Hughes (bur)?

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 302
Joined: 21 Aug 2015, 23:14

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by LamebrainEddy » 16 Aug 2018, 14:25

The Royal BlueNose wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 12:29
Cairney (Tot A) or Neves (Lei A)

Leaning towards benching Cairney, not that I'm convinced by Spurs and think Fulham could nick a goal or two.
I watched the palace fulham game and Cairney looked well off the pace, seri was also the one taking corners. If it was me I'd play Neves

The Royal BlueNose
FISOhead
Posts: 781
Joined: 26 Dec 2009, 20:02
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
FS Record: Average at best!

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by The Royal BlueNose » 16 Aug 2018, 14:42

LamebrainEddy wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 14:25
The Royal BlueNose wrote:
16 Aug 2018, 12:29
Cairney (Tot A) or Neves (Lei A)

Leaning towards benching Cairney, not that I'm convinced by Spurs and think Fulham could nick a goal or two.
I watched the palace fulham game and Cairney looked well off the pace, seri was also the one taking corners. If it was me I'd play Neves
Thanks for the heads-up, I'm guessing he's a wait and see, in case he puts some form together. I actually watched him last game of the season at Blues and he was industrious and looked a threat (even took a risky header and got a goal for his rewards)

Will probably bench and look at replacements or wait for a 4.5m option who might come good!

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 327
Joined: 06 Aug 2015, 12:59

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by IceCreamFirm » 17 Aug 2018, 09:34

Peltier (Newcastle Home) or Kabasele (Burnley Away)?

Currently starting Peltier as normally go for the defender at home if I can’t call it, but Burnley playing last night could edge it for Kabasele.

Or I could start both in place of Zaha but don’t think that’s wise.

User avatar
Bixer
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 472
Joined: 14 Dec 2015, 09:37

Re: Who To Bench 18/19

Post by Bixer » 17 Aug 2018, 09:45

Who out of Van Aanholt (LIV), Cairney (tot) or Peltier (NEW)?

On the one hand I don't expect Palace to keep a clean sheet, but then Van Aanholt always has the potential for attacking returns. If Cardiff have the ability to keep a clean sheet against anyone, Newcastle at home has to be up there, but then I do think they'll struggle in most games this season and I'm still convinced they'll end up finishing rock bottom.

Is Cairney who's unlikely to be given many opportunities at Wembley the obvious choice to bench?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigcliff2, ChrisD, David Luiz Is A Hero, Hotpot, klompa, sstaffsw, Stormrider, Tacalabala and 38 guests