To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rules of the game

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Rules of the game

Post by Biddles32 »

Hi, I’ve ventured into the FPL game this year for the first time. Would anyone be kind enough to put a link on for the game rules here please as I haven’t got a clue where to find them and not used to managing a team with 15 players.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: Rules of the game

Post by RomynPG »

Biddles32 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 14:44 Hi, I’ve ventured into the FPL game this year for the first time. Would anyone be kind enough to put a link on for the game rules here please as I haven’t got a clue where to find them and not used to managing a team with 15 players.
There are FAQ and Rules tabs on FPLs site @ https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Much appreciated 👍🏻 I threw a team together last minute and ended up with 96 points so thought I better try and work out the rules. 😁struggled to find any rules on the website so thanks again.

sukh0718
Wideboy

Post by sukh0718 »

Hi Newbie, after you learn the rules I will teach you a good strategy for FPL.

This cannot be learnt easily so you have to read carefully to learn it. So Pay attention dude! :shock: I will teach you these complex rules in a very simple and easy ways, so just read through. :!:
Rules can be simple to some or can be complicated for some but I'll tell you in simple ways, I will explain it in 3 steps. (I have to mix some curse and swearing because i cannot explain without them)

1. SELECT F***ING 15 PLAYERS OUT OF BUNCH OF BLOODY F***ING CROWDED NAME LIST OF FOOTBALL PLAYERS USING 100 POUNDS (NOT F***KING WEIGHT, I MEAN MONEY U D***HEAD, GO AND EAT QUARTER POUND CHEESEBURGER AT MC
DONALD)
This consist of 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 mid-fielders, 3 forwards. You must pick 15, you don't have options, just pick fifteen and don't ask questions why fifteen, because it is fifteen, not fourteen, just fifteen, what it is meant to be.
2. EVERY WEEK PUT 11 OUT ON THE PITCH LIKE A REAL FOOTBALL.
three ON BENCH and you do calculation. What is fifteen substracted by three? hmmm.. that is tough question... difficult.. :roll: I guess it is twelve? Answer is 11, you idiot. Put your 5 fingers out and fold 3 fingers so.. hmm... where did
it go wrong? hm..., oh yeah i find it! my mistake, one goalkeeper is not calculated. So PUT FOUR F***ING PLAYERS ON THE F***ING BENCH. SO fifteen minus four is ELEVEN. HOW F***ING SIMPLE.
3. POINTS CALCULATING SYSTEM
- Under 60 minutes : 1 point / Over 60 minutes : 2 points. [ SEE HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS? THIS IS REAL TIP. JUST SELECT WHO ACTUALLY PLAY FULL TIME 90 MINUTES and you'll be NUMBER 1, HOORAY! ]
- Goals for defender/goalkeeper : 6 points / mid-fielder : 5 points , forwards : 4 points [ WHY it is different? DUH. HAVE YOU NOT PLAYED REAL FOOTBALL? DIFFERENCE IS POSSIBILITY YOU D***ASS, do you know how hard it is to score a goal
for defenders ? they have to come up all the way from the defence line to the penalty box DUH while forwards are just 1 inch away from the box ]

- Assists : 3 points
- Cleen Sheet : GK 4 points / Defenders 4 points / MIDDLE 1 point [ only applies for players playing 60 MINUTES :arrow: if 59 minutes played? Then NO CLEAN SHEET POINTS. UNDERSTOOD? ]
- Saves (For every 3 shot saves by a goalkeeper) : GK 1 point [ IF KEEPER MAKES 300 SAVES DURING 90 MINUTES THEN, THAT WOULD BE 300 divided by 3, SO 100 POINTS, COULD IT HAPPEN? NO, IMPOSSIBLE ]
- Penaly Saved : GK 5 points / Penalty miss -2 points [ WHAT HAPPENS IF KICKER MISSES? :arrow: THEN, IT WOULD BE NOTHING FOR GK and -2 FOR THE KICKER, U STUPID, DO YOU KNOW EVEN KNOW WHAT SAVING IS ? )
and to miss a penalty? you get f***ing fired for missing penalty, it is like under 10% to happen this kind of s***. RARE)
- Bonus Points System 1~3 points (Each game 3 people)
- For every 2 goals conceded by a goalkeeper or defender -1
-For each yellow card -1
-For each red card -3
-For each own goal -2

and that's all.
So You learnt the rules of the FPL? what? Easy enough?

But this causes your brain to get headaches every week. THIS IS complicated shit.
DO you know why? Because Every F***ING weeks, you have to think through and go over and over again.

1. Who to transfer in and who to transfer out
2. Who to put on bench.
3. YOU HAVE TO F***ING PREDICT WHO WOULD WIN THE POINTS. IT IS LIKE YOU BEING GOD AND SEEING THE FUTURE AHEAD [MAIN F***ING REASON WHY YOU GET HEADACHES] YOU CAN SEE THE DAY YOU PUT CAPTAIN BAND ON A PLAYER PLAYS SOMETHING LIKE 10MINS AND GET SENT OFF SO YOU GET DOULBED -2 POINTS X 2 YOU GET - 4 PTS, YOU GET MENTAL DISORDER. ]

WELL... I THINK I WROTE A LOT. NEXT TIME I COME BACK, I'll teach you deep strategy how to do well on FPL. very exclusive shits. but not this time because i am tired and I thought it was funny at first but this is boring shit.
See you Next time. byebye

sukh0718
Wideboy

Post by sukh0718 »

and I scored 50 pts this week which is 3pts less than the average 53. this pisses me off a lot, am i under average? this could mean i am retarded

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

:P :wink:

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Biddles32 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 14:44 Hi, I’ve ventured into the FPL game this year for the first time. Would anyone be kind enough to put a link on for the game rules here please as I haven’t got a clue where to find them and not used to managing a team with 15 players.
Don’t forget to include a ball winner in your starting 11, otherwise your flair players won’t get possession so will never get the chance to score points.

And when you play your wildcard, don’t forget to email FPL with the phrase “Jokers Wild!”, otherwise you won’t get triple captain points when you bench boost.

Happy to help.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

This sukh0718 guy is truly one of a kind :lol:

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Advice all taken aboard 🤪

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Biddles32 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:07 Advice all taken aboard 🤪
Did you read the wisdoms by sukh0718 very obersvantly?

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Post by Biddles32 »

Of course. I like the actual FPL rules too though so will bury my head into that this evening. With TFF, the sun and sky formats I’ve taken on this year too I think my brain is gonna be sozzled (if that’s a word) 🤪

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I think "D***ASS" was my favourite part. :lol:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

hancockjr wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 18:22
Don’t forget to include a ball winner in your starting 11, otherwise your flair players won’t get possession so will never get the chance to score points.

And when you play your wildcard, don’t forget to email FPL with the phrase “Jokers Wild!”, otherwise you won’t get triple captain points when you bench boost.

Happy to help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

sukh0718 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 17:42 and I scored 50 pts this week which is 3pts less than the average 53. this pisses me off a lot, am i under average? this could mean i am retarded
Could?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: I think "D***ASS" was my favourite part. :lol:

Yeah, but the comment about "MENTAL DISORDER" has a lot of pathos. I think that experience of getting your captain sent off may have actually happened to the poor guy. :?

Looking forward to the deep strategy part, though. It's about time we had some "very exclusive shits" on FISO.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”