View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Manchester City

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
User avatar
Rivers
Treebeard
Posts: 285
Joined: 09 Jan 2016, 00:56

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Rivers » 05 Dec 2018, 15:15

Finisher1 wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 15:08
Rivers wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 14:58
I think you’re missing my point entirely and likely on purpose. Do you think Mahrez will start because it’s a big game? Or will it be down to his form, fitness and relative qualities of other available players?
I don't know about Mahrez but I think you are wrong about Laporte, because people here have been really right on the money with Laporte. He has started 14 out of 15 matches and the one match he was rested was correctly predicted by many people here.
On what point was I wrong about Laporte? Many people (see, I can Donald Trump it just as well) were annoyed and angry that he didn’t start.

Its why you qualified your statement... But you know this and as night follows day you will now reframe the entire thing to suit your own point

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6083
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Finisher1 » 05 Dec 2018, 15:24

Rivers wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 15:15
On what point was I wrong about Laporte? Many people (see, I can Donald Trump it just as well) were annoyed and angry that he didn’t start.

Its why you qualified your statement... But you know this and as night follows day you will now reframe the entire thing to suit your own point
Not many people here were annoyed really, just few. And being annoyed is not the same as being surprised.

User avatar
Rivers
Treebeard
Posts: 285
Joined: 09 Jan 2016, 00:56

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Rivers » 05 Dec 2018, 15:30

Finisher1 wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 15:24
And being annoyed is not the same as being surprised.
On this I agree - thanks for your contribution :roll:

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28243
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman » 05 Dec 2018, 17:31

Arsenal a
Liverpool a
Spurs a
United h

Mahrez has started them all

However, the subtle consideration is that Mendy has started them all too (which means Sane hasn’t).

It’s been mentioned many times; Pep chooses his best team to get the job done.

On Saturday Walker, Stones and Silva got a rest
On Tuesday Laporte and Sterling got a rest.

Those five are bonafide first teamers (as nailed as can be). Aguero has had and enforced ‘rest’, B Silva too (post international break).

Fernandino is the only player not to get a rest so far.

Will Mahrez start v Chelsea? It’s a tough call. He’s not a nailed on first choice but he could be playing his way to becoming one. If Aguero is injured I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sane, Sterling and Mahrez as that front three. Otherwise I think Mahrez sits on the bench.

IMO of course

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1142
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by raoul » 05 Dec 2018, 17:47

Zimmerman wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 17:31
Arsenal a
Liverpool a
Spurs a
United h

Mahrez has started them all

However, the subtle consideration is that Mendy has started them all too (which means Sane hasn’t).

It’s been mentioned many times; Pep chooses his best team to get the job done.

On Saturday Walker, Stones and Silva got a rest
On Tuesday Laporte and Sterling got a rest.

Those five are bonafide first teamers (as nailed as can be). Aguero has had and enforced ‘rest’, B Silva too (post international break).

Fernandino is the only player not to get a rest so far.

Will Mahrez start v Chelsea? It’s a tough call. He’s not a nailed on first choice but he could be playing his way to becoming one. If Aguero is injured I wouldn’t be surprised to see Sane, Sterling and Mahrez as that front three. Otherwise I think Mahrez sits on the bench.

IMO of course
Sane will be the interesting one...

Owsler
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3285
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 09:48

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Owsler » 05 Dec 2018, 18:26

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the assumption that Pep would prefer to play midfielders over forwards if given the chance? Or was it more a case of him changing Aguero into more of an attacking midfielder?

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28243
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman » 05 Dec 2018, 18:43

Probably another myth (based on him playing the odd game without a recognised striker).

hancockjr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4663
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 21:24
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.
Contact:

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by hancockjr » 05 Dec 2018, 18:47

Owsler wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:26
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the assumption that Pep would prefer to play midfielders over forwards if given the chance? Or was it more a case of him changing Aguero into more of an attacking midfielder?
Where would “the assumption “ come from? No-one has a monopoly on opinion.

Owsler
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3285
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 09:48

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Owsler » 05 Dec 2018, 18:50

hancockjr wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:47
Owsler wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:26
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the assumption that Pep would prefer to play midfielders over forwards if given the chance? Or was it more a case of him changing Aguero into more of an attacking midfielder?
Where would “the assumption “ come from? No-one has a monopoly on opinion.
I wasn't looking for an argument. I just recollect it was going around during discussions about Aguero's place in the City team.

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7324
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Joccki_10 » 05 Dec 2018, 19:07

I agree with you Zimm except for the Stones part.

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6083
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Finisher1 » 05 Dec 2018, 19:37

hancockjr wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:47
Owsler wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 18:26
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the assumption that Pep would prefer to play midfielders over forwards if given the chance? Or was it more a case of him changing Aguero into more of an attacking midfielder?
Where would “the assumption “ come from? No-one has a monopoly on opinion.
I'm not sure why you are so offended by that word.

I think that was an interesting question by Owsler and I think he actually asked people to challenge that idea. So quite the opposite of how you interpreted it.

hancockjr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4663
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 21:24
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.
Contact:

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by hancockjr » 05 Dec 2018, 19:43

Sorry probably came across wrong. I just think some people on FISO look for a consensus, that isn’t there, as a comfort blanket when making their decision. Everything is a probability, some high some low, and also has people who agree and disagree.

Probably want the case here but it read like there is a “correct” view established previously and one is “unlucky” if it doesn’t work out that way.

Apologies, please move on!

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28243
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman » 06 Dec 2018, 11:43

Joccki_10 wrote:
05 Dec 2018, 19:07
I agree with you Zimm except for the Stones part.
I agree with you disagreeing with me 😂

Yep, he slipped in, in my haste.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28243
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman » 06 Dec 2018, 12:23

20 league and CL games:

Starts
Laporte 19
Walker 16
Stones 13
Mendy 10
Otamendi 7
Kompany 4

Fernandinho 20
D Silva 17
Sterling 17
B Silva 15
Mahrez 10
Sane 10
Gundogan 8 (including 6 of first 9)

Aguero 15

Gundogan started 6/9 then none of the next seven has he been injured? Has since started 2/4

6/9
0/7
2/4

Again he seems to be fancied in the absence of KdB... so does that affect B Silvas game time or Mahrez? Probably the latter

Mahrez has only started 1/8 games when Gundogan has started.

B Silva has started 6/7 when Gundogan has (and he’s fit).

User avatar
xJosh-
Treebeard
Posts: 249
Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 22:54

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by xJosh- » 06 Dec 2018, 14:38

Not even sure what's really up for debate here tbh. Laporte and Sterling are nailed. If the games were a week apart they would start every game 100%. Pep wouldn't rotate them for tactical reasons because it makes no difference who we play with both of them & they're both young & fit enough to play almost every game. Ederson, Walker, Fernandhino, D Silva, maybe even B. Silva are also in that bracket where they would only be dropped for fitness reasons. KDB would play every game if fit just like last season, he's a machine. Even when the games have been 3 days apart Sterling & Laporte have both played almost every time so its evident how key Pep feels they are. In this instance that had happened several times over a month with the CL & EPL and with Chelsea away our final away game against the big 6 he probably feels its a must win game and he needs these nailed players rested. They will not start once in a blue moon (see what I did there) and it will be due to situations like this week if they are.

I was "frustrated & annoyed" that both of them were rested but for selfish FPL reasons. From a footballing POV it made perfect sense but I hoped he would just ignore that logic, play them regardless and they'd get a nice 20+ points between them for me. They didn't, it was predictable but frustrating.

Mahrez, Sane, Gundogan, Stones, Aguero & Jesus are at all risk of rotation subject to form. Mendy seemed nailed too if not for his antics & fitness but Delph & Zinchenko are also a risk. Aguero has started every game because Jesus has been poor, had Jesus been performing Pep would value his pace & pressing against certain opposition but he hasn't.

Basically if you want Man City assets go for Aguero when fit & Jesus isn't performing, Sterling, KDB, D Silva, B Silva, Fernandhino, Laporte, Walker or Ederson. These players IMO will only be subject to a random missed game due to fitness/protection reasons & you just have to deal with that. Just like that shambles of a team Liverpool put out yesterday. It happens. Anyone else is subject to regular rotation. Its too big a squad to not rotate them.

I put off Sane for so long for this very reason & due to other things in my team I got him for Salah this weekend, I'm already wishing I did Son instead for fear of him being dropped but at least when he does play he should return 8+ points.

I hope I've helped clear things up for anyone whos concerned about Cities players but I think its clear theres a pattern as pointed out in the above post for certain players.

Hopeful Aguero is fit for the weekend but for FPL I'd love a Sane Sterling Mahrez front 3.

Holla with any questions or challenges to my view.

Peace.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28243
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman » 06 Dec 2018, 17:09

Was Gundogan injured during that fallow period?

Edit: looks like he was (only featured as a sub in the 7th game).

Didn’t feature in 6 games, then
15 mins sub
68 min start
Not involved in CL game
90 mins
17 min sub

User avatar
Klopp-o-matic
Treebeard
Posts: 173
Joined: 23 Jul 2018, 08:56

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Klopp-o-matic » 06 Dec 2018, 17:13

Why didn't Sterling play? I just transfered him in this GW. Keep or get rid?

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28243
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman » 06 Dec 2018, 17:19

🎣

User avatar
Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1015
Joined: 05 Oct 2014, 14:19

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Blue Fire » 06 Dec 2018, 17:58

Klopp-o-matic wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 17:13
Why didn't Sterling play? I just transfered him in this GW. Keep or get rid?
Just rested. Keep.

MrBenn
Treebeard
Posts: 148
Joined: 15 Aug 2009, 11:08

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by MrBenn » 07 Dec 2018, 18:55

I made 2 last minute transfer midweek and ended up just picking Gungodan with Kane. Is he worth hanging onto for a few weeks ?

HungryHungrySuarez
Treebeard
Posts: 248
Joined: 16 Jul 2014, 19:32
FISO Goals: Score: 55 Position: 45

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by HungryHungrySuarez » 08 Dec 2018, 00:17

i would put good money on Sane being dropped for the Chelsea game (and every other 'big 6' match this season barring fitness issues forcing pep's hand). Perhaps down to a lack of application defensively. In some ways, it makes him a fairly ideal Man City pick in my book. Almost all city players are going to be rotated. I'd rather Sane get his against tougher teams and starts all the easier games with higher expected goals/points. Preferable to the kind of random rotation Sterling enjoys, which is usually in those games you'd hope for double figures from him rather than Chelsea away.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3027
Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 15:35

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by cesc408 » 08 Dec 2018, 05:37

Wouldn't be surprised if pep dropped Jesus and played a front 3 of Sane Mahrez and with Sterling as a F9.

User avatar
Bobby Fetta
Treebeard
Posts: 133
Joined: 21 Dec 2017, 21:57

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Bobby Fetta » 10 Dec 2018, 22:03

I wonder if this racism story will affect Sterling's incredible form so far this season. I think there have been cases in the past where all the press attention about a non-football story can have a negative impact, as it puts extra pressure on the player. I really hope not as I think it was very brave, and totally justified, to speak out about it

User avatar
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight
Posts: 10517
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 22:18

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Billy Bongo » 11 Dec 2018, 07:04

The lad has had a tough upbringing and although these things must hurt hes a tough lad

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


From4corners
FISO Knight
Posts: 13372
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 22:32
Location: The Eyrie

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by From4corners » 11 Dec 2018, 07:51

He has 8 kids, he'll live. :lol:

User avatar
The Toon Man
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4726
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 16:33
FS Record: WDT Super Jackpot 20k Syndicate Winner

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by The Toon Man » 11 Dec 2018, 13:00

David Silva out for 3 weeks.

Bernardo Silva is surely now value at 7.5?

Played a lot anyway, with KDB and Dilva out he is certain of minutes?

Or Gundogan at 5.4?

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7324
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Joccki_10 » 11 Dec 2018, 16:15

The Toon Man wrote:David Silva out for 3 weeks.

Bernardo Silva is surely now value at 7.5?

Played a lot anyway, with KDB and Dilva out he is certain of minutes?

Or Gundogan at 5.4?
But he hasn’t really produced anything in that time, has he?

User avatar
The Toon Man
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4726
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 16:33
FS Record: WDT Super Jackpot 20k Syndicate Winner

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by The Toon Man » 11 Dec 2018, 17:21

No, true. He’s ticked along but nothing explosive.

Might find the funds for Sane to join Sterling instead.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1177
Joined: 15 Jan 2010, 00:20

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by carver » 11 Dec 2018, 17:22

The Toon Man wrote:
11 Dec 2018, 13:00
David Silva out for 3 weeks.

Bernardo Silva is surely now value at 7.5?

Played a lot anyway, with KDB and Dilva out he is certain of minutes?

Or Gundogan at 5.4?
I would say Mahrez would play more in the deeper role which makes Sane more secure too .

Chiptastic
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 49
Joined: 02 Apr 2017, 11:35

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Chiptastic » 12 Dec 2018, 12:54

HungryHungrySuarez wrote:
08 Dec 2018, 00:17
i would put good money on Sane being dropped for the Chelsea game (and every other 'big 6' match this season barring fitness issues forcing pep's hand). Perhaps down to a lack of application defensively. In some ways, it makes him a fairly ideal Man City pick in my book. Almost all city players are going to be rotated. I'd rather Sane get his against tougher teams and starts all the easier games with higher expected goals/points. Preferable to the kind of random rotation Sterling enjoys, which is usually in those games you'd hope for double figures from him rather than Chelsea away.
I think you’ve noticed a reliable trend there, and am going to replace Mane with Sane I think.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Hjuud and 17 guests