View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Manchester City

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Post Reply
cesc408
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3076
Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 15:35

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by cesc408 » 30 Jan 2019, 12:59

Interesting that Mahrez was yet again an unused sub. Seems pretty low down the list. Hasn't featured at all in the last 4 league games.

I'm personally tempted to take a -4 removing Rich and Hazard for Sane and Sterling.

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1583
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by raoul » 30 Jan 2019, 13:09

For me it feels less about which players to bring in for DGW and more about who gets sacrificed for the week. Both MC fixtures look tricky and they need 2 wins. I reckon Aguero starts both but if they get ahead by 2 he'll be whipped, in the Everton game at least.

Sterling may well get 180 minutes.

User avatar
Kuchi
FISOhead
Posts: 562
Joined: 24 May 2017, 11:35
Location: London
FS Record: 14/15- 1445
15/16- 14720
16/17- 481
17/18- 1345
18/19- 115k
Anything before you will have to forgive my naivety

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Kuchi » 30 Jan 2019, 13:33

Danilo could be an interesting one. But no idea who will play both out of Danilo/Stones. Might just bench Digne and play AWB then save the transfer. Can't see any perfect replacement for Digne atm. Ideally for me would be TAA.

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7924
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Joccki_10 » 30 Jan 2019, 14:00

cesc408 wrote:Interesting that Mahrez was yet again an unused sub. Seems pretty low down the list. Hasn't featured at all in the last 4 league games.

I'm personally tempted to take a -4 removing Rich and Hazard for Sane and Sterling.
Richarlison has a DGW. Hazard plays Huddersfield at home.

Personally I see a lot of odd moves being made around here just to get some City players in. Hazard is a potential captaincy candidate for me.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3076
Joined: 28 Aug 2015, 15:35

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by cesc408 » 30 Jan 2019, 15:46

Joccki_10 wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 14:00
cesc408 wrote:Interesting that Mahrez was yet again an unused sub. Seems pretty low down the list. Hasn't featured at all in the last 4 league games.

I'm personally tempted to take a -4 removing Rich and Hazard for Sane and Sterling.
Richarlison has a DGW. Hazard plays Huddersfield at home.

Personally I see a lot of odd moves being made around here just to get some City players in. Hazard is a potential captaincy candidate for me.
Hazard then has City away followed by a blank anyway then he plays Spurs. Rich has a DGW but they seem pretty poor most weeks and things don't look like changing.

Thing probably swaying me on a decision like this is the fact I'm chasing teams in my ML and have to take a punt here and there. City could easily put 5 past a defenceless Arsenal with some mega points hauls, and Everton aint exactly watertight.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1216
Joined: 15 Jan 2010, 00:20

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by carver » 07 Feb 2019, 10:41

Is this Laporte to left back shift permanent? And does it lead to the demise of Sane or rotation between Sterling/Sane at RW? Does he want Otamendi in for more aggression?

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6377
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Finisher1 » 07 Feb 2019, 12:18

carver wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 10:41
Is this Laporte to left back shift permanent? And does it lead to the demise of Sane or rotation between Sterling/Sane at RW? Does he want Otamendi in for more aggression?
This question is spot on. I think left back Laporte looked like a really nice FPL asset, gets in good positions and puts some crosses to the box. I'd also like to know if this is now likely to be a permanent thing and how it might affect Sane and Sterling?

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1310
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Stevieste » 07 Feb 2019, 12:22

Finisher1 wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 12:18
carver wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 10:41
Is this Laporte to left back shift permanent? And does it lead to the demise of Sane or rotation between Sterling/Sane at RW? Does he want Otamendi in for more aggression?
This question is spot on. I think left back Laporte looked like a really nice FPL asset, gets in good positions and puts some crosses to the box. I'd also like to know if this is now likely to be a permanent thing and how it might affect Sane and Sterling?
It would affect Sane a lot more than Sterling, i think he trusts Sterling alot and he is one of his main men these days.

I think Lapotre holds that role until Mendy back, as he is cleary there best defender and will only be rested when they have weak oppostion like in Fa cup etc

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28808
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman » 07 Feb 2019, 14:36

By my reckoning Laporte has played LB four times this season... 3 of those with Sane as the LF

Hoffenheim (a) won 2-1
Liverpool (h) won 2-1
Everton (a) won 2-0

Arsenal (h) he didn’t and obviously last night he was hooked at 59mins

It’s weird with Sane, including last night he’s started 13/15 all comps. But omitted for Arsenal at home and the brought off last night and looked thoroughly pissed off when he was.

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28808
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Zimmerman » 07 Feb 2019, 14:37

Bernardo seems to be a Pep favourite this season, so with KdB fit does that mean its Sterling or Sane for LF (and Sterling is the preferred choice)?

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1310
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: Manchester City (inc KDB injury implications)

Post by Stevieste » 09 Feb 2019, 07:10

Sane Dropped in price twice this week, you just know he is going to get double points against Chelsea now after that 1 point in DGW.

Im going to stick with him for a while anyway until Mendy returns, He could be a good differential now and i have a enough cover for the BGW after Chelsea.

User avatar
Stemania
FISO Knight
Posts: 19366
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 11:54
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 1,302nd. FFS Career HoF 58th (Live peak 3rd). Somehow six consecutive FPL Top 10k's before losing all ability...

Re: Manchester City

Post by Stemania » 19 Feb 2019, 11:49

Slight cat in pigeons time as Jesus has apparently picked up a hamstring strain, and could be out for at least 2 weeks.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man- ... e-injured/

Makes going without Kun after GW27 a little more scary. :shock:

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 68004
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
FISO Goals: Score: 28 Position: 52
Contact:

Re: Manchester City

Post by blahblah » 19 Feb 2019, 13:52

And Kane should be starting by then, so cash up top could be handy?

slyger
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 456
Joined: 08 Jan 2008, 22:28

Re: Manchester City

Post by slyger » 19 Feb 2019, 18:55

Stemania wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 11:49
Slight cat in pigeons time as Jesus has apparently picked up a hamstring strain, and could be out for at least 2 weeks.

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/man- ... e-injured/

Makes going without Kun after GW27 a little more scary. :shock:
With that bit of news I wonder if now is the time to finally drop Sterling to free up funds for Kun? I could take a hit this GW and bring in Auba for Barnes/Jimenez funded by Sterling to either bench fodder or a mid in the 6 range. The plan would then be to swap Auba for Kun the following GW. Does that sound like a massive punt?

hancockjr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4794
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 21:24
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.
Contact:

Re: Manchester City

Post by hancockjr » 20 Feb 2019, 20:08

If Aguero needs a rest, Sterling would likely play up front. Though that may not increase his potential points.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajcairns and 4 guests