To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW2 Transfers - Deadline: 18 Aug, 11:30

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Re: GW2 Transfers - Deadline: 18 Aug, 11:30

Post by MPTree »

Quite a rare GW1, inasmuch as a lot of the popular picks (and a lot of the players in my squad) returned good points. A roll for me, pending pressers.

I'd for sure jump on Richarlison if I didn't start with him. He feels like the perfect GW1 bandwagon - a brace and good fixtures to follow.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

60 to 65% of all managers still dont own Aguero Mahrez Silva or Mendy and only 4% own 3 of them

Why are people buying Neves

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jobmeister
Red & Blue Braces

Post by jobmeister »

The plan is too roll this gamweek to aquire 2 free transfers to add Arsenal coverage for game week 3.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

snout
FISO Knight
FS Record: a slice of that cake, over there

Post by snout »

Not touching Richarlison with yours. This year's Steve Mounie IMO.

Intrigued to know if we'll see the first price changes tonight.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Think I'm gonna roll and give King and Cairney a few weeks to see what's what, but can see Wolves actually doing well so keeping an eye on Jimenez and Neves. Could be the next Nolan and Carroll... when they were good.

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

My main problem is Sanchez, happy with the rest of the team. Decent start in the top 500k but could be better.

I aim to roll this week. Nervous about price rises - might Richarlison get a double rise..? Considering Sanchez :arrow: Hazard/Mane/KDB

tommyk7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommyk7 »

Don’t have Mane and missed the 0.1 rise so either he becomes essential home to BRI GW3 or maybe just having Salah is good enough through LIV’s upcoming tougher games (Spurs, Chelsea, ManC), as well as 4 of the next 6 away including @Palace this GW. Have Robertson.

Also have Mahrez but holding at least a week or two.

Schürlle on the chopping block and need consistency from Agüero. defence is pretty good for now so I think I can roll it this week.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Did Sanchez to Sterling yesterday, trying to identify my key men early & he's going to be one of them, means I can turn Aguero into Kane when I'm ready to now and he shows some form.

The next six are so good for City that can't see Kane being an option before unless Aguero starts getting rotated.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

OldSkoolFPL wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 07:18 Did Sanchez to Sterling yesterday, trying to identify my key men early & he's going to be one of them, means I can turn Aguero into Kane when I'm ready to now and he shows some form.

The next six are so good for City that can't see Kane being an option before unless Aguero starts getting rotated.
Are you salahless OldSkool?

I'm one of 4 million others interested by the aguero situation. Any starts for jesus in the next 2 and aguero probably becomes aubameyang for arsenal's good fixtures

dodging kane for now

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

OldSkoolFPL wrote: Did Sanchez to Sterling yesterday, trying to identify my key men early & he's going to be one of them, means I can turn Aguero into Kane when I'm ready to now and he shows some form.

Seems like a smart approach. Only problem I see with Sterling is potential rotation that you don't want in an 11m player. Last season I got him for 7.9m and was OK accepting the occasional benching/rest at that price. But for 11m you really want him playing every game. I know Pep has become more settled in team selection nowadays but with Mahrez added to the mix there has to be some question at least. I'm facing that problem with Aguero too. I'd want to captain him this week but there's that grain of doubt about his minutes at the back of my mind. :?

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 07:53
OldSkoolFPL wrote: Did Sanchez to Sterling yesterday, trying to identify my key men early & he's going to be one of them, means I can turn Aguero into Kane when I'm ready to now and he shows some form.

Seems like a smart approach. Only problem I see with Sterling is potential rotation that you don't want in an 11m player. Last season I got him for 7.9m and was OK accepting the occasional benching/rest at that price. But for 11m you really want him playing every game. I know Pep has become more settled in team selection nowadays but with Mahrez added to the mix there has to be some question at least. I'm facing that problem with Aguero too. I'd want to captain him this week but there's that grain of doubt about his minutes at the back of my mind. :?

I don't think he'll be rotated, he took time to get into the team last year but when he did and got himself into a groove, he pretty much played every game only missing out when he was injured, I remember holding him through that period when many predicted he'll be eased back in but Pep started him straight away (think it was away to Stoke) and he hauled.

He only came back to training on Monday and started against Arsenal while Sane was on the bench & Mahrez got taken off on 59 (both had full pre seasons) he played 86 and was their best player IMO, people have to judge it themselves but I see him as key to how Pep plays and now Mendy is there to go on the outside, Sterling cutting in looks like a nice combo down that side, telling that he played Mahrez & Sterling together when many expected one or the other, Sane seems to be on the naughty step, Jesus is lingering but looks an understudy.

They'll all face a random rest at some point but he's the mid I'm backing, won't waste transfers chasing them around.

Agree about Aguero, until Jesus gets injured, there will always be that doubt, I don't think I'll risk it this week with Salah in the side.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

No Way Jose wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 07:43
OldSkoolFPL wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 07:18 Did Sanchez to Sterling yesterday, trying to identify my key men early & he's going to be one of them, means I can turn Aguero into Kane when I'm ready to now and he shows some form.

Are you salahless OldSkool?

I'm one of 4 million others interested by the aguero situation. Any starts for jesus in the next 2 and aguero probably becomes aubameyang for arsenal's good fixtures

dodging kane for now
I'm not, I have Salah.

I'm set up like this.

De Gea
Mendy Robertson TAA PVA
Salah Sterling Jota Costa
Aguero King

Steklenburg Cairney Wan Bissaka Kamara 1m in the bank.

DDG, Robertson, Mendy, Salah, Sterling & Kane are the ones I want as my key men.

Spent .5 of my Kane fund for Sterling so my next move has to create .5 but don't think that's an emergency yet.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

well i would rather have Sterling than KDB in my team this year, the trouble is fitting them all in ... and what do we do about getting Kane if he becomes essential, at least he wont get rotated...
im not keen on letting Mane go yet because Liverpool look just as good as Man city and goals galore are expected from both teams, maybe 3 cheap forwards and a nice fat midfield?

Lorenz94
Wideboy

Post by Lorenz94 »

Would you swap Bellerin for David Luiz?

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Lorenz94 wrote:Would you swap Bellerin for David Luiz?
Any particular reason you back Chelsea against Arsenal? So much so that you sell one's defender for the other's?

Already done Azpi->Mendy. Tempted to take a hit or two for Spurs players but I'll hold and keep Auba.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

streety
FISOhead

Post by streety »

Surprised by how many are getting rid of Jota. His stats last season were brilliant and you can't judge after one game. Will be looking at King with the possibility of changing to Wilson.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Bad start. Biggest mistake was the expectation that Sanchez would play upfront and be on penalties. Furthermore I did not expect Sterling and KDB being back so early. I feel that I have to bite the bullet:

Sanchez to Sterling
King to Joselu
Hughes to Richarlison

(-8) I need a big haul from Agüero and Sterling :wink:

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

streety wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 16:57 Surprised by how many are getting rid of Jota. His stats last season were brilliant and you can't judge after one game. Will be looking at King with the possibility of changing to Wilson.
He failed the eye test massively so you can't blame people, he's getting one more week for me and if he don't impress, he'll be gone very quickly.

Nor many players make the step up, can't let him linger too long at that price if there's no signs.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

keep rollin rollin rollin

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Billy Bongo wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 18:40 60 to 65% of all managers still dont own Aguero Mahrez Silva or Mendy and only 4% own 3 of them

Why are people buying Neves

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
#veryexclusiveshits right there

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Lucky wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 22:49 Bad start. Biggest mistake was the expectation that Sanchez would play upfront and be on penalties. Furthermore I did not expect Sterling and KDB being back so early. I feel that I have to bite the bullet:

Sanchez to Sterling
King to Joselu
Hughes to Richarlison

(-8) I need a big haul from Agüero and Sterling :wink:
Joselu starting spot is under treat from Rondon

dod
FISOhead
FS Record: I have never won FPL.

Post by dod »

At this stage of the season a 0.1m rise for a player is effectively a 0.5m rise if you are looking to buy. I just had to decide which of the risers I need to get in now and write off getting in the others for a few weeks.

In the end it came to a choice of swapping Eriksen for Mane, or Moura for Richarlison or Peyrera. In the end based on fixtures and future flexibility I decided Richarlison was the one I couldn't do without. If Mane turns out to be amazing I may be forced to bring him, in but I may then have the choice of downgrading Salah and saving a bunch of money.

Lorenz94
Wideboy

Post by Lorenz94 »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 15:42
Any particular reason you back Chelsea against Arsenal? So much so that you sell one's defender for the other's?

Already done Azpi->Mendy. Tempted to take a hit or two for Spurs players but I'll hold and keep Auba.

Chelsea looked more defensively sound than Arsenal to me..
What avout Bellerin>Stones instead? Considering I have already Mendy though.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

A weeks a long time in football, Chelsea and their defence got slaughtered after playing City at Wembley, now they seem defensively sound, not saying that's wrong but at the same time it shows you can't really judge the Arsenal defence after City also made them look a bit bad.

Tel The Gooner
Kevin and Perry

Post by Tel The Gooner »

No transfer this week as I want to have 2 for next week. Will tinker with the formation and leave Wan-Bassaka on bench replacing him with Otamendi while having Aguero as captain.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Always, always roll my first transfer

EDIT: You couldn't make it up, almost as soon as I post, I see this - https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/1 ... 0462778369

KdB potentially out for a long time...that'll be him out for another City midfielder then! Bernardo I suppose.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Lorenz94 wrote:

Both lost to Man City by 2-0. I feel the two defences are similar in level. Maybe just bench Bellerin, or even play him? Saving a transfer seems the best option, esp since Arsenal have good fixtures after.

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

Stick with the pre season plan and no changes this week for me.

King, stephens, zanka, tosun being my only players that didn't perform so far...

But was always intention to have king and tosun for first few weeks as decent fixtures and then wait to see who the bargains are... No obvious bargains yet and fixtures still ok so stick with them another week

Stephens and zanka were cheap players to warm my bench but likely to start for their teams. One option would have been to downgrade zanka to a 4M defender and upgrade Stephens to neves... However no 4M particularly stand out yet and I'm not convinced by never. So don't feel this worth the 4 point hit. Will wait another week for these too... Will be easier to change them with 2 free transfers and potentially more cash if downgrading tosun or king is the way to go (e.g. King to Jimenez would free up 1M and allow me a 5.5M mid instead of neves... Or a 5.5M defender instead of zanka)

sparx14
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 2nd sky sports 08-09, 1st sky sports dec13 monthly

Post by sparx14 »

Stick with the pre season plan and no changes this week for me.

King, stephens, zanka, tosun being my only players that didn't perform so far...

But was always intention to have king and tosun for first few weeks as decent fixtures and then wait to see who the bargains are... No obvious bargains yet and fixtures still ok so stick with them another week

Stephens and zanka were cheap players to warm my bench but likely to start for their teams. One option would have been to downgrade zanka to a 4M defender and upgrade Stephens to neves... However no 4M particularly stand out yet and I'm not convinced by never. So don't feel this worth the 4 point hit. Will wait another week for these too... Will be easier to change them with 2 free transfers and potentially more cash if downgrading tosun or king is the way to go (e.g. King to Jimenez would free up 1M and allow me a 5.5M mid instead of neves... Or a 5.5M defender instead of zanka)

Lorenz94
Wideboy

Post by Lorenz94 »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 17:26
Lorenz94 wrote:

Both lost to Man City by 2-0. I feel the two defences are similar in level. Maybe just bench Bellerin, or even play him? Saving a transfer seems the best option, esp since Arsenal have good fixtures after.

Thank you SMB :D
Would you swap Sessegnon for someone or wait?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”