To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Emery, Arsenal v West Ham

On if he could play with two up front on Saturday…

At the moment, no. At the moment, I think we need to have the control with the possession, with the positioning on the pitch, with more players inside. And after this possession, to do the attacking moments and defending moments with this balance. It is one possibility to continue in our progress and in one moment to try also to play with two scorers. In the last match of the pre-season, against Lazio, I did it with Lacazette and Nketiah. But at the moment, no.

On if he will change his formation…

We are working on different situations tactically. In the first we are playing with four at the back, then we have two and one, and one and two. With two and one, it is like a 4-2-3-1 and one, two, is for a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-3-3. We train in this system. The moment on the pitch is different. If we need to improve in this mobility, the quality is very important, but also how the player is moving on the pitch. I think with these two systems, we can continue to progress and think about winning the next match.

Courtesy of The Independent

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

But Aub could play wide?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

blahblah wrote: But Aub could play wide?

Yeah, but it doesn't sound like that to me. Not this week anyway.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 22:32
blahblah wrote: But Aub could play wide?

Yeah, but it doesn't sound like that to me. Not this week anyway.
As in the Auba thread them and your lot and the managers are "interesting". I know little about Kov, but Jorgie is no DM - can he Pirlo higher up? Does Dick have the nerve to be awful?

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Jorginho can and has done it even against Arsenal. He was sitting pretty high up interchanging passes with Kovacic who was constantly moving. When those two and Kante get used to each other we will have one of the best midfields in europe.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

As above: interesting....

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Maitland-Niles’ recovery will take longer than anticipated after suffering a fractured fibula in a challenge with Kyle Walker on the opening w/e. Initially it was hoped that he would return to training within 6-8 wks, but the club now say Nov is a more realistic timeframe. #AFC
Emery on Koscielny: "It’s difficult to know [when he will return] but you look at him this morning, he’s running and working on the pitch. His progress is very good progress.”
Hoping to be back with the group in November with a potential RTP before Christmas.

No Miguel Britos for the Hornets. 'He had a little problem, he will be ready next week.' Tom Cleverley [Achilles] is the only long-term problem. 'The rest of the players are training with the team. They will be ready for the game.' #watfordfc
'I think players like Deulofeu, maybe next week will be ready. Chalobah is training but we are being careful with his recovery. We need to take care of him and be calm. He has been out for a long period. I would like in the next weeks he enjoys some minutes to play.' #watfordfc
Stefano finally re-joins the squad following thigh surgery. 'We are recovering players,' said Javi Gracia. 'The last one is Okaka, this week he started to train with the team.' #watfordfc

No specific mention of Luke Shaw. by Jose Mourinho during today's press conference. He picked up a foot injury during the defeat at Brighton. [@RobDawsonESPN] suggested the left-back would be managed carefully this week and should be fine to face Spurs barring a setback. #MUFC
Mourinho on Paul Pogba's admission that his attitude was not right in #MUFC's loss at Brighton. "Paul told (that), Paul has to answer by his words. If you want any explanation about Paul's words you must get him and ask him" [@SimonPeach)
Matic, Valencia and Sanchez are all in contention: "There are decisions to be made, but they are training with the team." Dalot is also with the team, but following knee surgery in April, he won't be considered just yet. "In terms of the medical dept; they are almost free." #MUFC

Rafa hints that either Rondon or Muto could start on Sunday [suspect the former]. Both players are looking 'fitter' but it will be a late decision. #NUFC
DeAndre Yedlin [knee] is set to return for Newcastle. Manquillo [ankle] 'is better than expected' but needs to be assessed. One or two other niggles which will be checked in the final session. No Isaac Hayden [suspended] or Kenedy [ineligible] for the visit of Chelsea. #NUFC

Dejan Lovren [pelvis] is closing in on his return but the centre-back is still not training with the team. 'No chance' for tomorrow, or Leicester City next weekend, he could possibly be back after the international break. #LFC

Benteke was withdrawn vs Liverpool to bring on 'fresh legs'. Max Meyer, Jordan Ayew and Vicente Guaita are all ready to start 'and can probably count themselves unlucky that they haven't yet'.
Not too many injury problems in the Palace camp. Joel Ward and Martin Kelly are options for Roy Hodgson who must replace the suspended Wan-Bissaka following his dismissal on Monday night. #CPFC

Claudio Bravo had surgery on his Achilles yesterday. The procedure went well, but there is no timeline on a potential return. Average RTP around 220 days. #MCFC
Pep said he had 'no option' but to recall Aro Muric from NAC Breda following the injury to Claudio Bravo. #MCFC

Adama Traore is in line to start against the Champions after impressing from the bench last time out. #Wolves
Deadline day signing Leander Dendoncker is closing in on full fitness but Nuno Espirito Santo would not confirm his availability this weekend. He 'could be' in the squad. #Wolves

Kovacic is also ready for 60 minutes... Sarri says the Madrid loanee played 'very well' with Eden Hazard during the last half hour of the Arsenal game.#CFC
Sarri on impressions of PL: "In Italy it's a war before the match but during the match in Serie A after 20 mins 2-0, th ematch is finished. Here it's a party before the match but a war in the match. I prefer here" #cfc [@LiamTwomey]
Hazard is ready to start according to Sarri..... Could play 50 or 60 minutes at St James' Park but 'does not know' if he can manage the full game. #CFC

Wagner remains tight-lipped.
Hamer or Lossl.....
"I don’t like today to speak about individuals.'' #HTAFC
David Wagner reveals. "Everyone is back in training; injury-wise we are in a perfect situation!"
Hogg [hip], Jorgensen [muscular] and Mooy [personal] are all in contention.
Erik Durm and Danny Williams are expected to feature against Stoke in the Carabao Cup.

Wanyama [knee] has returned to full training but the game at Old Trafford on Monday evening will come too soon. Juan Marcos Foyth [thigh] is also ruled out. Heung-Min Son remains on international duty and Vincent Janssen could be out until Xmas after undergoing foot surgery #COYS

Warnock on Neil Etheridge.....[B+] Could do better.
"He has been very good at penalty saving but has a little bit to be desired in his ball work. Everything we’ve put in front of him, he’s conquered, and I hope he can improve his distribution."
No mention of Junior Hoilett who limped off against Newcastle. Warnock hoped it was a 'fatigue thing' after the winger 'felt his groin stretch'. Should be available for the trip to Huddersfield.
Warnock tempted to err on the side of caution. "Aaron Gunnarsson is doing ever so well, we’re just trying to build him up, he’ll probably be available for next weekend but we might leave him until after the international break." #Bluebirds

No fresh injury concerns for the Cherries. "We're pretty good," Howe admitted. "Taylor and Stanislas are still out. Junior is progressing well but isn't ready yet and Kyle hasn't trained."
Jefferson Lerma, Diego Rico, Tyrone Mings, Marc Pugh and Jack Simpson all played 90 minutes for the U21s midweek. "The five players that played on Tuesday all came though fine, which is pleasing. It was a good exercise and they all approached the game in the right way." #AFCB
"I thought Jefferson [Lerma] did well, his fitness levels were very good and his attitude was spot on. In terms of the weekend, we'll have to wait and see with him." #AFCB
Rico serves the final game of his ban. Stanislas is targeting a return after the international break while Jefferson Lerma continues to build fitness. Howe confirmed the Colombian's levels were "very good" but failed to disclose whether he would be included on Saturday. #AFCB

Vestergaard is fit and available after missing the trip to Goodison Park through illness. "He's had a good week." Armstrong is pushing for a start after overcoming the calf issue which restricted him to a role from the bench at Everton. #SaintsFC
"We're doing OK in terms of the group," MH said. "Elyounoussi has trained today, so we're hopeful he could be an option." A slight hip issue is causing problems with his hamstring. "We've been quite careful, but we think he's ready to be integrated back into the group." #SaintsFCElyounoussi did train on Thursday and Hughes remains "hopeful" he can feature despite a slight hip issue which is causing problems with his hamstring. Armstrong is pushing for a start after overcoming the calf injury which restricted him to a role from the bench at EFC. #SaintsFC

Mason Holgate and Kurt Zouma will compete for a starting berth as Phil Jagielka serves the second game of his three-match ban. #EFC
Schneiderlin will be back next week to work with the squad after limping off against Southampton. "Of course, this is not good news for us, as he has started the season well but it is a small issue.” #EFC
Digne had a "small problem" but is working with the group again. Bernard is working hard to improve his fitness and a decision on his involvement will be made on Friday. Mina and Gomes may not be in contention until after the international break. #EFC
Lucas Digne and Kurt Zouma are both fit for Saturday's trip to Bournemouth. Yerry Mina [foot], Andre Gomes [hamstring] and Schneiderlin [muscular] will miss out. The fitness of Bernard is improving. #EFC

Jokanovic on Alfie Mawson. "We've had a few more sessions and I'm satisfied with our process. We're building step-by-step. We're better today than we were yesterday." #FFC
Floyd Ayite and Tim Ream have been ruled out but Denis Odoi is available again after completing his two-match ban. Alfie Mawson [knee surgery] is back on the training pitches but "needs time to build his fitness." #FFC

No fresh injury concerns for Leicester. Matty James [Achilles] remains a long-term absentee while Jamie Vardy begins a three-match ban. Shinji Okazaki could return to the squad. "Perhaps he’s match fit, we will see.” #LCFC
New signing Caglar Söyüncü is still recovering from a hamstring injury. #LCFC

Leon Balogun is expected to make his first PL start alongside Shane Duffy at Anfield. "He has made a good impression from the first day, he's played at a good level and Sunday wouldn't have fazed him. He's taken it in his stride and it's the reason we brought him in." #BHAFC
"Lewis Dunk [ankle] hasn't trained this week but it's not as bad as we first feared. Florin Andone [groin], Bruno [hamstring] and Jose Izquierdo [knee] will all miss the weekend." #BHAFC
Chris Hughton feels his side didn't get the credit they deserve for beating Man United last weekend. "But that's normal - it comes with the coverage of the big teams, its not a bad thing to go under the radar."We have to approach Saturday in a [similar] manner." #BHAFC

Wilshere on his return to the Emirates. “I’ve got to try and block all the emotion out. First of all, I’ve got to concentrate on football and I quite fancy our chances. It’s down to me to prove a point to Arsenal that they were wrong to get rid of me.” #AFC
The decision to leave Antonio, Rice and Fredericks out of the squad [vs AFCB] was tactical. "We have most of the squad fit and that means some players will not play. I don't think they played bad at Liverpool. There are a lot of reasons why I change the starting XI." #WHUFC
Lucas Perez could feature against his former employers while Pellegrini will also consider Diop, Sanchez and Cresswell. "We have a good squad, and it is impossible for them all to play when they are nearly all fit. I need the options available to me for the whole season." #WHUFC
Pellegrini: "We have just three players - Andy Carroll / Manuel Lanzini / Winston Reid - who will be injured for a couple of months more. Mark Noble has a problem with his back." #WHUFC

(Dinnery)

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Thanks for all that TBL; very interesting

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Hodgson on Tomkins withdrawal:

"He felt a tightness in training during the week but didn't think it was important and thought he could play through it without any problems, but when he went to warm up today he realised that it was probably a bit more serious than he'd imagined.

"Now we have to get it scanned and we'll see what the result of that is, because there's obviously some kind of strain there. The question is how big a strain and there was no way we were going to take a chance and try and get him to play through it because those things, if they become a real pull or a tear, can leave him out for a long period of time.

"We'll know in the early part of next week when he's had his scan and they've had a chance to look at it."

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Mark Hughes on rotating strikers (from the Southern Daily Echo):

"I am pleased with the options they give me,” said Hughes of his strikers.

“They are all different in their own way and that gives some different options and against different opponents some players will be better served playing than others.

“I have no problem with circling strikers because it’s one position you can gain a benefit."

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

No timescale on Zaha injury from Hodgson. Says mri scam will tell them more. Being described as a ‘strain’. On the plus side, he described Zaha as a good ‘recoverer’ #cpfc
Hodgson on the absence of Wilfried Zaha: “It was last minute in training and he came back in early this morning to see if it wasn’t that serious, but he couldn’t play.” #CPFC

"Walcott felt something in his ribs after a collision with an opponent. We’ll see in the next few days how he is. #EFC
Marco Silva: “As well as Richarlison, Theo [Walcott] with a problem in his hips is another problem for us." #EFC

Pascal Gross will have an ankle injury assessed. #BHAFC

"I don’t think it is a bad start, it is a very bad start. We can’t lose six points here at home like we have. Playing away against Liverpool and Arsenal and you don’t play so well is understandable. Here at home to lose we must be very worried." #WHUFC [MOTD]

Hughes confirms Shane Long is a doubt for #IRL
"Not sure if he got a kick, but he is hobbling around, and I think he is likely to miss the internationals." #SaintsFC

Klopp on Alisson's howler...
"I thought it would happen. I didn’t think it would happen during the next match. He knows it, we need to get used to it. We constantly get the ball to the keeper but the player needs to learn there are other solutions." #LFC

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Pep on the absence of Sane: “Another day Raheem is out, Riyad or Bernardo or Sergio or Gabriel. We have six strikers and I took that decision on the opponent and what I saw every day. Leroy was so important last season and hopefully important for us this season." #MCFC

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Bournemouth Echo football reporter reckons it doesn't look good for Fraser v Leicester. Shame, I was planning to bring him in but as soon as the word "hamstring" is mentioned that's a big warning sign. :(

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I'm rubbish with sources, but a number of outlets are saying Walcott will miss the next game with his rib/hip/something injury:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... d-targets/

My first bad in and out transfer

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

All the sources I've seen that are running the story essentially quote the above Telegraph article. And that article just says "poised to miss" and "could not train fully last week" with no quotes or info on any training this week.

Well worth waiting for the PCs methinks, but ominous. :)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

O'Neill confirms Coleman injury. "Seamus went for a scan. He has a little stress fracture, which is a concern. He could easily have got a flight home, but he stayed with the team. He is inspirational and obviously we hope he is back in time for the games coming up."

Dominic Calvert-Lewin is an early doubt for the game against West Ham having limped off just 9 minutes after his introduction for
#ENG
under-21s in Latvia this evening. Everton could potentially be without up-to 12 players for Sunday's game.

Benitez says Shelvey [thigh] and Ritchie [knee] are "pushing" to be fit for the game with Arsenal on Saturday. “We have had Jonjo training, and [Matt] is still with the physio, but they're working really, really hard. It’s too soon to say ‘yes’, but I am quite optimistic.”

Lloris hoping to be back on Saturday: "Do I have a return date? Not yet," he told RMC Sport. "We're working hard to come back as quickly as possible. There's perhaps a chance for this weekend, but we'll see depending on how things go this week."

Nick Pope targets a return later this year: “I’m looking at December hopefully," he said on Soccer AM. “Everything since the surgery has gone really well. It was a bit of a challenge, the [shoulder] popped out the front."

Head of medical Richard Collinge also confirmed Carroll is "progressing really nicely" and will start working on the pitches this week. Winston Reid is eight weeks down the line from his surgery. "He’s going to be a little bit longer, but he’s also making good progress."

Byram, who was injured while on loan at Nottingham Forest, had successful knee surgery this week. Meanwhile, Masuaku has returned to training. “We’ll make sure we put them in the best physical condition for the kick-off this Sunday at Everton.”

Polish outlet Przegląd Sportowy say Jan Bednarek has been playing with the aid of painkillers due to tendinitis in his foot which stems from an injury he suffered last month. They add, the problem is not serious, but more of a 'nagging' complaint.

Lanzini returns to the Rush Green training complex. The Hammers midfielder had been undergoing rehab in Spain following reconstructive knee surgery in Barcelona.

(All from Dinnery as per usual in here).

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Long picked up a toe injury at Palace while Austin has been managing a niggling hamstring problem. "Both injuries have settled down. We are hoping Shane and Charlie will be back [in full training] for Saturday or Sunday."

Saints could have a clean bill of health for the visit of Brighton. "Touch wood, [no injuries from the internationals] as far as we know." Bednarek is managing a [minor] ongoing foot problem, but that won't rule him out. Austin [hamstring] and Long should re-join the group.

Raul Jimenez missed the loss to USA on Wednesday after suffering "small muscular discomfort" in the 4-1 defeat to Uruguay. The
#Wolves attacker will be fully assessed on his return to the club.

Junior Stanislas [knee] and Marc Pugh [hamstring] have been pictured with the group this week but there was no sign of Ryan Fraser or Charlie Daniels on the training pitches.

(Dinnery)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I listened to Emery's presser in full. Useless. No clarity, just weasel words and a lot about "process". Anybody's guess what he does this weekend. :?

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 23:39 I listened to Emery's presser in full. Useless. No clarity, just weasel words and a lot about "process". Anybody's guess what he does this weekend. :?
Don't even think he knows what he does weeken

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

"Walcott and Gueye are okay. It’s possible, we have one more session tmoorrow and we’ll see how they are."

Marco Silva. From a few sources

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

carver wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 18:06 "Walcott and Gueye are okay. It’s possible, we have one more session tmoorrow and we’ll see how they are."

If they are ok why do they need another session to see how they are??

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

hancockjr wrote:
carver wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 18:06 "Walcott and Gueye are okay. It’s possible, we have one more session tmoorrow and we’ll see how they are."

I guess he means you need to be better than just ok to play football or the injuries are ok but fitness may be an issue??

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 20:32
hancockjr wrote:

I guess he means you need to be better than just ok to play football or the injuries are ok but fitness may be an issue??
Hmmm, have you gone all youthful and optimistic? :shock:

Walcott has to get through that session and not get injured :lol:

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

👍🏻
Last edited by No Way Jose on 15 Sep 2018, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

great review...thanks

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

I can't overstate how useful that is, thank you!

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Many thanks for rounding this news up in one easy thread. To you for this week, and Big Lew for other weeks, a big thumps up.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Good read. Thanks. What's BD?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Ben Dinnery, I think.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”