To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

Post by RomynPG »

His twitter handle has a hamstring strain - once recovered it will take human form and become self aware :shock:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Damn you Klippety! Trent doing a traffic light impression, back to red. :lol:

“Virg was a little bit ill, but he trained yesterday and will train today, so we will see.
“Dejan [Lovren] is fine, Gini trained [and] Fabinho will train today.
“Trent is getting closer and closer and it all looks very positive, but he will not be ready for tomorrow.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first- ... ld-fabinho

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 15:15 Damn you Klippety! Trent doing a traffic light impression, back to red. :lol:

“Virg was a little bit ill, but he trained yesterday and will train today, so we will see.
“Trent is getting closer and closer and it all looks very positive, but he will not be ready for tomorrow.

Ruled out from a match during warm-up :arrow: plays the full 90 minutes and is fine :arrow: ruled out for two months :arrow: no, just one week :arrow: nope, a month actually :arrow: oh well, he is very close to start the next game. And now it's 11 DAYS AFTER this next game and he still isn't ready!

What next? I think tomorrow he is ruled out for three months :arrow: then he is said to be close to start in GW25 :arrow: but he doesn't play in GW25. That seems like a logical continuity to me, but I'm not bold enough to predict how it continues after that!

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Finisher1 wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 15:25
Stemania wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 15:15 Damn you Klippety! Trent doing a traffic light impression, back to red. :lol:

Ruled out from a match during warm-up :arrow: plays the full 90 minutes and is fine :arrow: ruled out for two months :arrow: no, just one week :arrow: nope, a month actually :arrow: oh well, he is very close to start the next game. And now it's 11 DAYS AFTER this next game and he still isn't ready!

What next? I think tomorrow he is ruled out for three months :arrow: then he is said to be close to start in GW25 :arrow: but he doesn't play in GW25. That seems like a logical continuity to me, but I'm not bold enough to predict how it continues after that!
I bet Bielsa knows the truth

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Possible Pogba injury:
Not sure if that makes my next move easier or harder!

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Fabianski hoping to face Liverpool. “At the moment, I’m struggling with my arm in all honesty. It feels very sore and I can’t really straighten it. It will probably take a couple of days to settle. Hopefully I will be fine.”

My FH chip is looming...

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Joccki_10 wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 11:15 Possible Ederson injury:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... newcastle/
A 'gash or a cut' isn't going to be enough to keep him out of the side.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Mail/Telegraph:

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri did not travel home from Bournemouth on the team coach on Wednesday night after accusing his players of ignoring his instructions. Rather than join the squad on the team bus, a visibly dismayed Sarri was driven back to London. His unusual decision could indicate a disharmony between the head coach and his players.

In a 50-minute dressing room inquest on Wednesday night after the 4-0 loss at Bournemouth, Sarri asked his under-performing stars if he was the reason why their form has declined alarmingly. It was Chelsea's heaviest Premier League defeat since 1996. The Italian asked his coaching staff, including assistant Gianfranco Zola, to leave the dressing room so he could speak to his players alone. Sarri did not lose his temper or raise his voice but the players were left in no doubt as to how angry he was with their performance.

He demanded to know why they had not followed his instructions, citing examples of moments in the game when he believed players were not sticking to his gameplan. Sarri asked the squad why they appeared to disregard what they had worked on in training and seemed unable to execute the basics of his tactical plans. The Italian has told his Chelsea players that they have not even picked up the basics of his ‘Sarriball’ philosophy and pointed the finger at, among others, Eden Hazard for failing to follow instructions. He also invited his players to tell him if there was anything he was doing that meant they were not responding to his methods. During his post-match press conference Sarri questioned his own ability to motivate the squad.

The players have private concerns about Sarri's lack of tactical adaptability. Having gone 18 games unbeaten at the start of Sarri's reign Chelsea have now won only one of their last five league games. Senior members of the squad believe their Premier League rivals have cottoned on to how they play and worked out how to nullify Sarri's system. The former Napoli boss has been so focused on impressing his Sarri-ball style on the squad that players feel they do not have a plan B.

I think the job is too big for him. Appears to be a one-trick pony. Worst of all, it seems that Hazard is too much for him to handle and that Sarri would rather get rid. This is not going to end well. :?

I am now beginning to understand why the repeated references to finding it hard to 'motivate' his players. I think it's about them not buying-in to his approach, perhaps because they know better than he does that the Regista idea has never functioned well in English football. He has a squad there that won the PL in 2 of the last 4 seasons and if anyone knows what it takes, they do.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Wow. Good find Ruth, thanks for sharing. Reading this, it looks like we are approaching Sarri end game already then? The dressing room has always held sway at Chelsea, seems similar to latter day AVB era Chelsea right now. What's Gus Hiddink up to these days? :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TheRumourMill wrote:Wow. Good find Ruth, thanks for sharing. Reading this, it looks like we are approaching Sarri end game already then? The dressing room has always held sway at Chelsea, seems similar to latter day AVB era Chelsea right now. What's Gus Hiddink up to these days? :lol:
Yeah, we might be and it's the last thing the board would want. They broke their own rules to get Higuain for him and they really want him to succeed. As do the fans in all honesty.

I wouldn't say it's the players specifically, it's the support as well. Every time I go to a game there are rumblings about Sarriball and his obstinacy. We had enough of that with Conte last season. :? In particular, it bemuses many fans to see the whole team twisted out of shape to accommodate a player (Jorginho) that doesn't often seem to be adding anything. His insistence on playing Hazard OOP and his public criticism of him also don't go down well.

I just think Sarri is out of his depth in all honesty and it almost looks as if he doesn't understand what he is dealing with. Chelsea are a level above any club he managed before. It's never going to happen but I'd like to see us get Howe at the end of the season, or even Frank Lampard. It's about time we had a English manager that will know how to bring the youth through, we have enormous talent in the academy to draw upon and unless some start breaking through then we'll lose them one after another. :(

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Monday comes too soon for Alexander-Arnold who should return to full training next week. Joe Gomez will be a little longer in his recovery. Milner is available after serving a one-match ban.

And still hasn’t dropped in price.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote: Monday comes too soon for Alexander-Arnold who should return to full training next week. Joe Gomez will be a little longer in his recovery. Milner is available after serving a one-match ban.

He went red :arrow: clear :arrow: red a short while ago. I think that may mean he's now price-protected for 8 days. :lol:

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 13:32
TheRumourMill wrote:Wow. Good find Ruth, thanks for sharing. Reading this, it looks like we are approaching Sarri end game already then? The dressing room has always held sway at Chelsea, seems similar to latter day AVB era Chelsea right now. What's Gus Hiddink up to these days? :lol:
Yeah, we might be and it's the last thing the board would want. They broke their own rules to get Higuain for him and they really want him to succeed. As do the fans in all honesty.

I wouldn't say it's the players specifically, it's the support as well. Every time I go to a game there are rumblings about Sarriball and his obstinacy. We had enough of that with Conte last season. :? In particular, it bemuses many fans to see the whole team twisted out of shape to accommodate a player (Jorginho) that doesn't often seem to be adding anything. His insistence on playing Hazard OOP and his public criticism of him also don't go down well.

I just think Sarri is out of his depth in all honesty and it almost looks as if he doesn't understand what he is dealing with. Chelsea are a level above any club he managed before. It's never going to happen but I'd like to see us get Howe at the end of the season, or even Frank Lampard. It's about time we had a English manager that will know how to bring the youth through, we have enormous talent in the academy to draw upon and unless some start breaking through then we'll lose them one after another. :(
Its always difficult in these situations, Manchester United struggled on for a while with a rift between players and manager and eventually sided with the players. I think its slightly different at Chelsea with the manager being new and a number of the powerful players aging, like Luiz, Hazard, Willian etc. Perhaps they could side with the manager instead and move on the aging underperformers? Big risky call that, though. You would have to be utterly convinced Sarri is the right man for the long term to take that decision.

I do see the fans frustrations regarding Jorginho, the position of Kante etc. Especially after Conte was struggling similarly at the start of his tenure and made a radical formation change which succeeded very well. Similarly Wolves were going stale with their 3-4-3 and the switch to 3-5-2 has bought renewed success for them. You have to keep opponents guessing to an extent.

Interesting managerial suggestions. Howe I'm a big fan of, however if Chelsea are a level above what Sarri has managed before then the same applies to Howe. He also is questionable in the transfer market. However I completely agree that he would be great for the link between academy and first team. The mass panic on Chelsea's part when they realised Hudon Odoi wants to leave after zero league minutes all season, so hurridly gave him some starts in December/January to try and placate him was all rather embaressing really. Lampard is one for the future I think. He's still cutting his teeth at the moment and the Chapionship with Derby is a good place to learn for him for now. In 2-5 years time though depending how things go, sure :)

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man

Post by TheRumourMill »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 14:27
Joccki_10 wrote: Monday comes too soon for Alexander-Arnold who should return to full training next week. Joe Gomez will be a little longer in his recovery. Milner is available after serving a one-match ban.

He went red :arrow: clear :arrow: red a short while ago. I think that may mean he's now price-protected for 8 days. :lol:
I think he was being manually price protected by FPL Towers anyway so its a moot point :roll: :wink:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

TheRumourMill wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:

I think he was being manually price protected by FPL Towers anyway so its a moot point :roll: :wink:
I had better make it clear that I was just teasing Joccki and that no such thing happened. Someone may get on their high horse otherwise. :wink:

boise1234
Grumpy Old Man

Post by boise1234 »

whats the weather like over there?

any games likely to be called off this weekend?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Full Sarri (not quite a bawl, lol), for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivIyDU0FgiU

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Brooks out for a month according to Sky Sports.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Guess who went SWP over him due to fixtures just before the deadline last week.

He did a great job on Jorgi though, and looks like a very special player...

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

blahblah wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:03 Guess who went SWP over him due to fixtures just before the deadline last week.

Shaun Wright-Phillips?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Tall Paul wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:41
blahblah wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:03 Guess who went SWP over him due to fixtures just before the deadline last week.

Shaun Wright-Phillips?
Bod who scored at the weekend, so definitely not him :lol:

(Soton Mid)

Have you heard\read anything about Crouch getting minutes? He could be a good 3rd Sub, even if he just gets 15-20 mins if you're not winning?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

blahblah wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:48
Tall Paul wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 22:41

Shaun Wright-Phillips?
Bod who scored at the weekend, so definitely not him :lol:

(Soton Mid)

Have you heard\read anything about Crouch getting minutes? He could be a good 3rd Sub, even if he just gets 15-20 mins if you're not winning?
Oh, James Ward-Prowse :lol:

I expect Crouch will just take Vokes' spot on the bench.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

:lol: I was close enough for me, without knowing his name.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Aubameyang reported as sick but likely to be fit for Saturday.

auba.PNG

Has he got the Y2K bug? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Is he really needed against Huddersfield? Possibility he's rested or benched?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

Post by Joccki_10 »

”Alexander-Arnold, Wijnaldum and Henderson are all back in full training.” Klopp confirms Gomez's surgery was a success and the defender is hoping for a return to play within 4-6 weeks. TAA came through his first session on Thursday without any problems, but no decision on his involvement after missing close to a month.

OGS confirms Antonio Valencia is working his way back to full fitness. Explains that the captain would've travelled with the squad this weekend, but after suffering a setback in training, he won't be ready for another couple of weeks. Marcos Rojo has been back on the training pitches for the past few days, but United will be without Valencia and Darmian for a couple of weeks. “We’re still not bad. We’ve got 20-21 players training every day, so that’s good.” BBC Football reported last night that Rashford is likely to miss out with a dead leg, but he should be fine as their was no mention from OGS.

Jefferson Lerma will have a late fitness test. Eddie Howe reports that the Colombian has had a "mixed week of training." Nathaniel Clyne is ineligible under the terms of his loan agreement. Callum Wilson (knee) and David Brooks (ankle) remain on the sidelines. "Possibly out for around four weeks now."

Doucouré should be fit to face Everton after recovering from a knee injury. “He is training with the team and I think he is ready for the next game. I think he will be ready, but we’ll decide the line-up [on Friday]. He will be in a good condition to compete.” Femenía is also available following the hamstring injury he sustained against Burnley back in GW23. “We have two players, in Kiko and Doucouré, who have both been injured the last week, but they started training and both have possibilities to play.” Pereyra will miss out again. "It is something in his hamstring. He needs more time to recover. In a couple of days we’ll see if he will be ready. It is always important not to lose a player like Roberto, but you know I don’t like to complain about players I don’t have."

Yoshida is available following his return from the Asian Cup but the defender isn't a guaranteed starter this weekend. “Maya knows at the moment I don’t want to change the back five as Jack [Stephens] did a fantastic job last week so it’s normal he will play now.”

Harry Arter will be back in the squad. The midfielder was ineligible against his parent club. Camarasa has a chance. "We have to be a little bit careful with Victor.” Sean Morrison (appendectomy) is out until March.

Maurizio Sarri reports there are a few minor problems with his squad ahead of Sunday. Callum Hudson-Odoi (illness) and Gary Cahill (back). The Chelsea boss "hopes" to have all players available for the trip to City.

Dele Alli (hamstring) and Harry Kane (ankle) have commenced their on-field rehabilitation. Ben Davies (groin) is continues his recovery. A knee injury rules Vincent Janssen out this weekend while Eric Dier (virus) is also unavailable. Harry Kane (ankle) is ahead of schedule. Pochettino believes the striker is close to a return and he could be ready for the fixture with Burnley (GW27).

An ankle injury will keep Kouyate out again. Speroni has a minor injury, but Hodgson does have Hennessey and Guaita available for the visit of West Ham. Souare (dislocated shoulder) is out until March and "unfortunately Tomkins doesn't look like he'll be able to play."

Dinnery’s before 13:30 pm.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Thanks Joccki, very helpful

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

yes thanks Joccki. Very helpful ... until I read the Tomkins news at the end :roll:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 08 Feb 2019, 13:33 A knee injury rules Vincent Janssen out this weekend
I think a knee injury isn't the only thing ruling out Vincent Janssen. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”