To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
sir_skillalot
Treebeard

Re: FPL Press Conferences 2018/19

Post by sir_skillalot »

Don't forget Marco Asensio missing a Champions League tie after shaving his legs and it getting infected. Would have loved to have seen Roy Keane's take on that one

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

blahblah wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 09:18 For pure ingenuity there is an easy winner:

Darius Vassell The then Aston Villa striker missed several games after he drilled through his toe nail with a home power drill thinking it would relieve the pressure on a swollen toe. The attempt at DIY surgery succeeded only in giving the toe an infection which required medical attention.
Yeah, crazy. :mrgreen: :lol:

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

blahblah wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 09:45 Rings a bell, as I remember trying it - but I was under 10 at the time :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Wearing Brut?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hotstepper wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 10:40
blahblah wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 09:45 Rings a bell, as I remember trying it - but I was under 10 at the time :lol:
If I were, would I confess? :shock:

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

blahblah wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 10:46
Shake it all over

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hotstepper wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 11:09
Shake it all over
Erm it was "splash".

Shake was with vac :wink:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Special mentions for Javier Mascherano and his torn anus and Scott Dann and his ruptured testicle.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 12:42 Special mentions for Javier Mascherano and his torn anus and Scott Dann and his ruptured testicle.
Done at the same time?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

blahblah wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 12:44
Pirlo's Beard wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 12:42 Special mentions for Javier Mascherano and his torn anus and Scott Dann and his ruptured testicle.
Done at the same time?
Don't worry, his fellow Argentine got revenge on the CB union soon after.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Done at the same time?

It was a night of passion.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Hotstepper »

blahblah wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 11:12
Hotstepper wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 11:09
Shake it all over
Erm it was "splash".

Shake was with vac :wink:
No wonder my carpets stink

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Done at the same time?
Haha, made me laugh. :lol:

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Klopp confirms Lovren is set for a short-spell on the sidelines due to an ongoing pelvis problem: "I am pretty sure it will settle in the next 1, 2 or 3 weeks. It is serious, but not that serious, so it’s not that we need to be afraid. In the moment he is not available."

Pep: "Mendy is Mendy. Sometimes we want to kill him and sometimes you think wow 'what a player we have'. He gives us energy. Mendy has a lot of things to improve and hopefully we can convince him to forget a little bit the social media and improve a few things."

Emery confirms Maitland-Niles will be assessed to determine the extent of his injury. Nacho Monreal began training with the group on Saturday and 'maybe' he will be available for the trip to Chelsea next weekend. Kolasinac is still at least a month away from a return.

Hughes hoping to have Armstrong back to face Everton: “I was pleased with his performance and I saw him walking around in the dressing room and he looks fine. He just got a bang so I imagine he’ll be okay but we will check him tomorrow.”

(Dinnery)

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Diogo Dalot is expected step his recovery from knee surgery this week. Mourinho confirmed the 19-year-old signing from Porto is targeting a return in September.

(Dinnery)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Aguero may not start versus Huddersfield

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... yne-injury

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Jefferson Lerma 'could' be involved at West Ham. "We'll see," said Eddie Howe in response to questions regarding the Colombia international. #AFCB
Lerma has benefited from a full week of training. “He’s coming along well,” Howe said. "The thing we’ve got to remember is that he’s had minimal training after the WC, but his performance and endurance levels are getting better with each session. He’s getting closer." #AFCB
In terms of Jefferson’s availability for Saturday. "We’ll have to wait and see." Diego Rico is two games into a three match ban. “We’re in a pretty good place injury-wise. We’re still without Junior [Stanislas] and Kyle [Taylor]. Other than that, we’re in a good position.” #AFCB
David Brooks is poised to retain his place in the side. "I’m really pleased with him. He’s shown a great attitude towards his work, has knuckled down and wanted to improve. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at his fitness. We always saw him as an important part of our squad." #AFCB

Elyounoussi confirms to Norwegian outlet VG that he will not face Everton on Saturday: "I'm not going to join the team on Saturday. I do not take any chances even though I'm almost 100 percent healthy. It's better that I miss one fight than more." #SaintsFC

Hughton confirms Bruno [hamstring] has been ruled out: "He came off last weekend but it isn't as bad as we first thought." The defender joins Florin Andone and Jose Izquierdo on the sidelines. #BHAFC
Andone and Izquierdo could be in contention next weekend. The pair are "very close" to a return. "It's always frustrating to have players not available but it's part of the job." #BHAFC
Deadline day arrival Martin Montoya from Valencia is hoping to be included in the matchday squad. "He is available to play as it stands and he's arrived at a good level." #BHAFC

Kyle Walker talking Kevin de Bruyne on @bbc5live "Bernardo Silva has played in KdB's position and he is fantastic. We are still waiting for David Silva to get back to full fitness so we have more than enough cover. It is difficult to go the whole season without injury." #MCFC
Manchester City confirm Kevin De Bruyne has suffered a lateral collateral ligament [LCL] lesion in his right knee. No surgery is required, and the midfielder is expected to be out for around three months. #MCFC
City confirm the first diagnosis of De Bruyne’s injury (three months, lateral ligament) but he himself is hoping to be back in the team in little over two months. Doctors believe it will be 2-3 months, depending on how he recovers (he’s a fast healer) and the type of treatment.
David Silva has taken part in full sessions this week. Pep confirms the play maker wasn't ready for the game at Arsenal. Confirms De Bruyne will be sidelined for "up-to three months." #MCFC
Danilo continues his recovery from the ankle ligament injury he suffered at the World Cup. “He’s still running. He said he feels good and he’s doing well." The defender is still around a month away. #MCFC

Kenneth Zohore [groin] has trained and a decision on his involvement will be made this afternoon. "I hope he can be on the bench and then we’ll see if there’s a reaction in the morning." #Bluebirds
Harry Arter will be in the matchday squad. "We’re delighted to have him, and I think he can give us another dimension." Aaron Gunnarson [knee] will probably be another week or two. "We're building him up so he doesn't break down again. There's no need to rush him." #Bluebirds

Zanka is ruled out of the game against Man City after suffering a muscle injury in training this week. Jonathan Hogg faces a late fitness test due to a "light hip problem." #HTAFC
Williams hoping to play in the Carabao Cup: "He is much further than I thought," confirmed Wagner. "Now he is with us in training - not every single session, but 100% in every session he was with us. He needs some further games so our target is the Stoke game." #HTAFC
Hamer set to keep his place in goal: "Jonas [Lossl] made some further steps that I expected [this week]. He came late into the pre-season and not in the best shape but he is still catching up." #HTAFC

No old boys reunion for Cesc Fabregas who is out of Arsenal game. Sarri "hopes" the midfielder will be back in training from next week following an "unusual, but not serious injury" near the knee. #CFC
Mateo Kovacic could feature from the bench. "He is a very technical player. In this moment he has to work, I think he is not ready now for 90 minutes, but maybe tomorrow for the last 30 minutes he could be used." #CFC
Sarri on N'Golo Kante starting at Huddersfield: "For his physical characteristics [he] was very quick to be ready for the last match. For the other players of the World Cup it’s a little bit different." #CFC

Marco Silva confirms Richarlison [calf] is fit to face Southampton. Phil Jagielka serves a one match ban. #EFC
Kurt Zouma is available for the Toffees, the Chelsea loanee could replace Phil Jagiela. Silva may also consider Mason Holgate. Yerry Mina is not ready - had a "small problem" with his foot. #EFC
Bernard could make his debut against Southampton, but Saturday comes too soon for Andre Gomes who is recovering from a hamstring injury. #EFC

Adama Traore [dislocated shoulder] is in contention for Wolves this weekend, but Leander Dondencker is not yet ready. Ivan Cavaleiro [back] is ruled out: "He needs to rest. First, he needs to feel free of pain, then we can start training him again." #WWFC

No fresh injury concerns for Liverpool. Klavan [hamstring] and Lovren [abdominal] have not trained this week. Joel Matip played 60 minutes in a behind-closed-doors friendly, a game which also featured Sturridge, Moreno, Henderson, Lallana and Shaqiri on Wednesday. #LFC
Matip will be assessed over the weekend: "Joel will hopefully be able to be in the squad on Monday.” #LFC

Saturday will come too soon for DeAndre Yedlin [knee] who was helped off against Tottenham: "It’s too soon. He has trained but we had a conversation and he will stay here because he needs time to get back to his level. Next week we will be fine.” #NUFC
"The new signings [are] training well, and we will see [if they will play] tomorrow. I am happy with them.” #NUFC

Hodgson: "The squad's looking very good. We picked up a couple of knocks against Fulham, but those players are now fit." #CPFC
Hodgson praises Wan Bisakka: "He was very good in pre-season and his opening game was excellent. We believe he’s got the qualities to become a top right-back. We’re delighted with him." #CPFC
Hodgson says his squad is looking "very good" and despite picking up a couple of knocks at Fulham, everyone is available. Jordan Ayew and Max Meyer are hoping to make the matchday squad. #CPFC
"The new players [Jordan Ayew and Max Meyer] are coming along in leaps and bounds as their fitness improves so we are happy with all of them to.” #CPFC

Jesse Lingard is back in contention while Mourinho plays down any rift with Paul Pogba. "The truth is we are together for two years and I've never been so happy with him as I am now." The Frenchman will captain the side again on Sunday. #MUFC
Antonio Valencia [calf] and Nemanja Matic [abdominal] returned to the training pitches on Thursday, but neither player is ready just yet. Dalot, Herrera, Rojo and Romero remain on the sidelines. #MUFC

Javi Gracia looks set to name an unchanged squad as Watford prepare for the trip to Burnley. There are no fresh injury concerns, while those who were sidelined last weekend, remain in the #watfordfc treatment room. "The players haven’t recovered for this game."
“Deulofeu, Chalobah and Cleverley are injured and we are waiting for them in the next weeks. Maybe next week Okaka will start [training] with the team, but he needs time to recover his best condition.” #watfordfc

(Dinnery)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Since that press conference Klavan has joined Calgiari.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Tacalabala wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 18:49 Aguero may not start versus Huddersfield

Such a pain in the arse, whether to captain or not :roll:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Re: Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

No actual quote from Pep just some scaremongering article?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man

Puel on Jamie Vardy's dismissal: "He didn't want to make a foul. He touches the ball and was perhaps a bit too enthusiastic and wanting to make the difference. I hope he can come back quickly. He is a valuable player for us."
The #LCFC striker will now serve a three match ban.

Pochettino on Alderweireld: "This season many things [will] happen, are going to happen and happened in the past. That is a private matter. I will [only] talk about what you see on the pitch and decisions. I want players with commitment." #COYS

Howe full of praise for David Brooks: "Really pleased, he was excellent for us and going forward had a goal threat. His overall play showed more experience than his age so really good game for him." #AFCB
EH: "Callum Wilson is the most mentally strong player I've worked with. It's no surprise he's come through those injury setbacks an even better player. It was a fantastic goal today." #WHUBOU

Brady could feature for the U23s on Monday but Defour is still weeks away from a return. "Steven is having a few delays, his knee is good, but he’s had a couple if disruptions with his calf. He gets back, has a bit of a tweak, gets back and has another tweak." #twitterclarets

Benitez remains confident that Lejeune can return in 2018/19: “Last year we had Rolando [Aarons], and he was fine in four months with the same surgeon in Italy. Normally, between four and six months if you don’t have any complications.” #NUFC
Benitez confirms Manquillo twisted his ankle, the severity of which, is yet to be determined. "It's too early, we will see if it is [very serious]. Hopefully we will have DeAndre Yedlin for next week.” #NUFC

Warnock says Kenedy is a "lucky lad" after officials missed his kick out in the first half.

(Dinnery)

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Anyone heard that sanchez didn't travel

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

:( a
fred1266 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 21:05 Anyone heard that sanchez didn't travel
https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/18/alexis-s ... h-7855161/

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Excellent thread ...a goldmine of useful information

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Dot wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 08:58 :( a
fred1266 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 21:05 Anyone heard that sanchez didn't travel
https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/18/alexis-s ... h-7855161/
Could be playing the Dennis Bergkamp role

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

The guardian still at the top of their game I see :roll:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

thebillfella wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 13:17

The guardian still at the top of their game I see :roll:
I suppose it's a question whether it was newsworthy, as has been pointed out he'll probably make the same consideration every week.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Would like to personally thank Jamie Jackson for considerably improving my GW rank.

What a rubbish article - fake news.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

tommygun25 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 22:16 Would like to personally thank Jamie Jackson for considerably improving my GW rank.

Can someone hunt him down? :D

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

snakzz wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 08:48
tommygun25 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 22:16 Would like to personally thank Jamie Jackson for considerably improving my GW rank.

Can someone hunt him down? :D
Think he pushed up my GW week rank considerably so I'd want to shake his hand :lol:

Seriously those two articles sum up the difficulties of playing FPL - I wouldn't trust anything unless it comes from Pep's mouth and its recorded via a trusted outlet or link.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Jamie Jackson was on Talksport yesterday talking about Man United - sounds like a fan and covers the Greater Manchester area for the Guardian - will take anything he writes with a pinch of salt.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”