View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Post Reply
User avatar
MoSe
Dumbledore
Posts: 9128
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 12:25
Location: next door S.Siro stadium
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by MoSe » 13 Mar 2019, 14:41

Finisher1 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 08:59
Joccki_10 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 08:43
Just seen the first Liverpool goal. I think this has been the first time ever someone has been awarded an assist after two different opposition players got a touch.
Yet it was 100% assist according to FPL rules, because those touches didn't alter the intended destination of the ball.
What if the passer INTENDED to get the ball to his teammate BY having it bounce off one or more opposing defender?
Maybe there is no free line-of-sight trajectory, but the passer is also a keen and versed pool player

User avatar
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla
Posts: 6244
Joined: 25 May 2015, 22:46

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Ruth_NZ » 13 Mar 2019, 15:19

Yeah, the word intended is a can of worms here. When a player shoots they intend to hit the target but sometimes they shoot off-target. If it then gets deflected into the goal it's classed as an OG. But the ball reached it's intended destination, right? The back of the net.

Similarly, what is "intended destination" with a cross? Is it where the crosser wanted it to go or is it where he actually sent it? And in addition, how does anyone but the player know what was intended anyway? And sometimes not even them, because they are just putting the ball into an area.

FPL's definition related to assists is therefore entirely subjective and ambiguous as it stands.

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 13 Mar 2019, 15:33

MoSe wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 14:41
Finisher1 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 08:59
Joccki_10 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 08:43
Just seen the first Liverpool goal. I think this has been the first time ever someone has been awarded an assist after two different opposition players got a touch.
Yet it was 100% assist according to FPL rules, because those touches didn't alter the intended destination of the ball.
What if the passer INTENDED to get the ball to his teammate BY having it bounce off one or more opposing defender?
Maybe there is no free line-of-sight trajectory, but the passer is also a keen and versed pool player
It doesn't matter because Firmino was the intended destination in any case. Whether or not he wanted the ball to bounce off, it doesn't matter because Firmino was the intended destination anyway.


Ruth_NZ wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 15:19
FPL's definition related to assists is therefore entirely subjective and ambiguous as it stands.
Sure it is, I think they should change it.

Not much room for subjectivity in this particular case anyway, because it's quite obvious Firmino was the intended destination.

User avatar
MoSe
Dumbledore
Posts: 9128
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 12:25
Location: next door S.Siro stadium
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by MoSe » 13 Mar 2019, 16:44

F1, mine was a joke, and I haven't seen any footage.

What I meant (partially in jest) is:
even if the ball doesn't look to go in the direction of Firmino at first, and only gets to him after having bounced on a defender and *significantly* changed trajectory (which I have NO idea whether it was the case here, and I *don't care*),
*how can we say* that was NOT the original Salah intention, that is, Firmino was the intended destination BY kicking the ball in another direction onto a defender shin and have it get to to firmino after having bounced with a 90° angle???

Huh?

User avatar
Smurphy's Paw
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3937
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 17:48
FS Record: 13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Smurphy's Paw » 13 Mar 2019, 17:19

I think you’re talking about the ‘cannon’ and other in-off shots in billiards
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_billiards

Owsler
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3384
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 09:48

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Owsler » 13 Mar 2019, 20:31

Mane captain don't sound so crazy now, eh...

User avatar
MoSe
Dumbledore
Posts: 9128
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 12:25
Location: next door S.Siro stadium
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by MoSe » 13 Mar 2019, 20:32

Everyone's blaming Rafinha here, mesay the bigger blunder was Neuer's anyway

(here on italian tv I mean)

User avatar
MoSe
Dumbledore
Posts: 9128
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 12:25
Location: next door S.Siro stadium
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by MoSe » 13 Mar 2019, 20:33

Mo's "due"... :o

raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1349
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: got up to 3rd in TFF overall one Christmas about 15 years ago ... and won Football Fantastic (how I miss thee) one year. Apart from that, pants.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by raoul » 13 Mar 2019, 20:49

My TFF CL comp team had been doing ok but not spectacular. Put in Ronaldo, Aguero, Sane, Sterling, BSilva, Ederson, Cancero, Laporte and Danilo last night and could not believe my luck. Up to 97th overall.

So tonight I thought why not and in came Messi and Mane.

Why can't my FPL decisions go like this?

User avatar
brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2878
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 14:41
Location: Gold Coast QLD
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by brencarr » 13 Mar 2019, 21:45

4 English teams in the last 8 - excellent :)

Owsler
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3384
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 09:48

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Owsler » 13 Mar 2019, 21:45

Salah is either going to score 6 goals this coming week or...

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7583
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Joccki_10 » 13 Mar 2019, 21:45

Mané has now scored 10 of Liverpool’s last 18 goals while Salah scored one. I know who to captain if only I had both. :roll:

User avatar
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
Posts: 6548
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 17:15
Location: Kent
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 636 - FPL (2017-18)

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Aldershot Rejects » 13 Mar 2019, 21:49

Joccki_10 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 21:45
Mané has now scored 10 of Liverpool’s last 18 goals while Salah scored one. I know who to captain if only I had both. :roll:
It's crazy isn't it. Short of going Salah to Mane for a hit, I think I am going to have to spend Sunday hidden behind a sofa.

User avatar
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
Posts: 6548
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 17:15
Location: Kent
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 636 - FPL (2017-18)

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Aldershot Rejects » 13 Mar 2019, 21:52

And Robertson picks up an injury time yellow card and is now suspended from the first leg of the quarters.

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1072
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Stevieste » 13 Mar 2019, 21:53

Ive used my Free Hit and have both mane and Salah.

I just know that if i swap From Salah to Mane captain he will go and get a hat trick.

He has been so poor again tonight though, he looks like he needs a rest or something, as he not even looked a threat and his moves are being read to easily.

Fulham are so poor though he could easily get hat trick and nobody be surprised

User avatar
Smurphy's Paw
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3937
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 17:48
FS Record: 13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Smurphy's Paw » 13 Mar 2019, 21:55

Joccki_10 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 21:45
Mané has now scored 10 of Liverpool’s last 18 goals while Salah scored one. I know who to captain if only I had both. :roll:
Is it worth a sideways move for a hit though? That’s the question that most of us face, given that loads on here have x3 Pool already.
On a free hit this week it’d be no contest

User avatar
Ironfist
FISO Knight
Posts: 11927
Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 14:43
Location: Israel
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th
Contact:

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Ironfist » 13 Mar 2019, 22:18

Was going to bring in Matip... not any more.

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7583
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Joccki_10 » 13 Mar 2019, 22:19

Stevieste wrote:He has been so poor again tonight though, he looks like he needs a rest or something, as he not even looked a threat and his moves are being read to easily.
I hope this is a joke.
Smurphy's Paw wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 21:45
Mané has now scored 10 of Liverpool’s last 18 goals while Salah scored one. I know who to captain if only I had both. :roll:
Is it worth a sideways move for a hit though? That’s the question that most of us face, given that loads on here have x3 Pool already.
Surely not. I won’t even do it for free. Unless you can make a big move with the cash made free.

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 13 Mar 2019, 22:25

Joccki_10 wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 21:45
Mané has now scored 10 of Liverpool’s last 18 goals while Salah scored one. I know who to captain if only I had both. :roll:
If you genuinely thought that way you would just swap Salah to Mane. If you truly think he is a better captain then it's easily worth a hit because Mane only needs to score two points more than Salah to justify a hit. If he really is a better pick then he can easily do it in GW31 already, not to mention future gameweeks and over 3.0m cash it releases for you (if you won't play wildcard very soon).

So why don't you just swap Salah to Mane?

When are you going to play your wildcard?

User avatar
Smurphy's Paw
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3937
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 17:48
FS Record: 13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Smurphy's Paw » 13 Mar 2019, 22:55

Joccki, my language was a bit ambiguous but no I won’t be doing it. The point was that for plenty of us, and in context of going in to a game week where we’re struggling to get 11 out, it’d involve a hit.
F1, yes it’d only take a two point swing. It still feels too sideways for me, with Salah still having plenty of potential. However by the time we get to GW34/35 and wild card time, who knows

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 14 Mar 2019, 06:34

Smurphy's Paw wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 22:55
The point was that for plenty of us, and in context of going in to a game week where we’re struggling to get 11 out, it’d involve a hit.
I'm not sure why the fact we are struggling to get 11 out would affect the decision whether you should swap Salah to Mane. It's an independent decision really.

I keep Salah because I think he will score better than Mane. If you guys don't agree with me, then I see no reason why you don't take a hit to swap Salah to Mane. It should be worth a hit if you think he is the best captain in GW31, and definitely worth a hit if you would keep him after GW31 as well.

From4corners
FISO Knight
Posts: 13485
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 22:32
Location: The Eyrie

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by From4corners » 14 Mar 2019, 07:10

Stevieste wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 21:53


He has been so poor again tonight though
Not sure we watched the same game? Seems to me you are looking to justify the transfer. Go ahead, no one is stopping you.

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1661
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: FISO H2H Conference winner season 2017-18

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Oxford NZ » 14 Mar 2019, 07:13

@ Finisher1

I have Salah and would love to change him for Mane but can not take him out without a hit . He plays this round and I need to change a non player for a player so Salah stays, so why are you not sure ? It is clearly not an independent decision. After GW31 form for Salah could change and Mane could go off the ball and Salah is essential again but for GW31 Mane is the form player and Salah is too expensive. GW31 is GW31.
Post a link to your GW31 team with Salah in and we will see how it goes. I hope Salah out scores Mane as he is in my team so you are onto a winner imo. The link to my team is on my FPL button on my profile and is there so others can see that I back my crap ideas. Please show us your team and then I may take more notice of what you debate about. :-)

User avatar
Smurphy's Paw
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3937
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 17:48
FS Record: 13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Smurphy's Paw » 14 Mar 2019, 07:20

Finisher1 wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 06:34
Smurphy's Paw wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 22:55
The point was that for plenty of us, and in context of going in to a game week where we’re struggling to get 11 out, it’d involve a hit.
I'm not sure why the fact we are struggling to get 11 out would affect the decision whether you should swap Salah to Mane. It's an independent decision really.

I keep Salah because I think he will score better than Mane. If you guys don't agree with me, then I see no reason why you don't take a hit to swap Salah to Mane. It should be worth a hit if you think he is the best captain in GW31, and definitely worth a hit if you would keep him after GW31 as well.
I’m neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you. I’m uncertain.

Re independent decision, I understand the logic of what you say

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 14 Mar 2019, 07:38

Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 07:13
@ Finisher1

I have Salah and would love to change him for Mane but can not take him out without a hit . He plays this round and I need to change a non player for a player so Salah stays, so why are you not sure ? It is clearly not an independent decision.
It is an independent decision. It doesn't matter whether your other transfers include no hits or -4 or -8 or -12 or -20 this gameweek. Swapping Salah to Mane still costs just an additional -4. If anything, it will just release 3.0m for you to make better transfers with the rest of your squad.

So actually, if you are going to do many transfers this gameweek in any case, then it makes it even more sensible for you to swap Salah to Mane :)

Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 07:13
After GW31 form for Salah could change and Mane could go off the ball and Salah is essential again but for GW31 Mane is the form player and Salah is too expensive. GW31 is GW31.
So basically you just think Salah is likely to be a better pick long term. That's a fair opinion and I agree with you.

Since you don't have WC or FH available you have to consider long term more than others. Of course it does make sense to keep Salah if you think he is likely to be a better pick long term. On the other hand if you think they are about equal picks or that Salah is just very slightly better, then you should probably make the swap and release 3.0m for the rest of your team.

Smurphy's Paw wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 07:20
Re independent decision, I understand the logic of what you say
Yes, it's a clear logic actually :)
Last edited by Finisher1 on 14 Mar 2019, 07:58, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1072
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Stevieste » 14 Mar 2019, 07:47

From4corners wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 07:10
Stevieste wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 21:53


He has been so poor again tonight though
Not sure we watched the same game? Seems to me you are looking to justify the transfer. Go ahead, no one is stopping you.
I mean poor in regards to the high standard you expect from him.

This guy is a goal machine normally and these days he does well even to get an assist.

There is no inbetween with him this season, he rathet goes on a run of 7-10 games of double figure points or the same run with single figure points.

For a player who highest value rated this season, i dont think we have to justify his current poor form in regards to goals and assists as its there for everyone to see

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7583
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Joccki_10 » 14 Mar 2019, 19:44

Giroud with a hat-trick and an assist and now topscorer of the Europa League this season. Reckon he’d be given a chance on Sunday.

User avatar
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla
Posts: 6244
Joined: 25 May 2015, 22:46

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Ruth_NZ » 14 Mar 2019, 21:04

Joccki_10 wrote: Giroud with a hat-trick and an assist and now topscorer of the Europa League this season. Reckon he’d be given a chance on Sunday.
Don't think so. Also I hope not. :)
You could make a similar point about Alonso, CHO and RLC after tonight's performances but Sarri is rotating where he can and I'm pretty sure we'll see Higuain, Emerson, Barkley, Luiz, Hazard and the rest back on Sunday.

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 14 Mar 2019, 21:16

Ruth_NZ wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 21:04
Joccki_10 wrote: Giroud with a hat-trick and an assist and now topscorer of the Europa League this season. Reckon he’d be given a chance on Sunday.
Don't think so. Also I hope not. :)
You could make a similar point about Alonso, CHO and RLC after tonight's performances but Sarri is rotating where he can and I'm pretty sure we'll see Higuain, Emerson, Barkley, Luiz, Hazard and the rest back on Sunday.
I also think Higuain is an undisputed first choice striker, but perhaps the fact that he has been ill this week might make his start on Sunday a bit doubtful?

User avatar
Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla
Posts: 6244
Joined: 25 May 2015, 22:46

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Ruth_NZ » 14 Mar 2019, 21:38

Sarri, Wednesday: "He had a fever after the league match for two days. Yesterday in the evening with the doctor we decided to leave him at home in order to recover him for the next match."

Doesn't sound that doubtful to me really, not unless he has malaria or something. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: From4corners, Rick, snout, Sutter Kane, tarkens and 31 guests