View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Post Reply
User avatar
hayesag
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1920
Joined: 22 May 2006, 21:45
Location: UK
FS Record: 15/16: FPL: piss poor, SDT: not bad but must do better!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by hayesag » 10 Mar 2019, 18:08

Could it be that the lucky ole gunner has just used up all of his luck?

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1072
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Stevieste » 10 Mar 2019, 18:14

hayesag wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 18:08
Could it be that the lucky ole gunner has just used up all of his luck?
Nope more like Lukaku showing what he does best and misses to glorious chances from 6 yards out.

We look flat today and disinterested, so its like they cant raise there game again after that PSG win

User avatar
Maldini
Dumbledore
Posts: 5713
Joined: 07 Mar 2014, 18:32
FISO Goals: Score: 26 Position: 54

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Maldini » 10 Mar 2019, 18:16

Lukaku’s been your best player today.

Agree with Hayesag, Ole might have used all of his lucky dust up on Wednesday.

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1072
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Stevieste » 10 Mar 2019, 18:19

Was never a pen, but to be fair it made no difference.

Bad performance today, but alot of the underdogs won this weekend against big teams so let Arsenal enjoy there day 👌🏻

User avatar
SneakyOne
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1287
Joined: 30 Jul 2008, 13:53
Location: Arnhem
FS Record: Highest TFF finish 38th overall 2002 /03 won manager of the week twice. Regular top 1000. FPL Nothing great once top 10,000 (still learning!) Recently finished 75th in TFF World Cup with only one entry, was leading going into the knockouts!
Contact:

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by SneakyOne » 10 Mar 2019, 18:22

Rashford with that tame header sums up my GW.

User avatar
Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1026
Joined: 05 Oct 2014, 14:19

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Blue Fire » 10 Mar 2019, 18:24

57 points in the last 2 weeks. Combined. FFS.

User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
Dumbledore
Posts: 9246
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Pirlo's Beard » 10 Mar 2019, 18:31

In his last two games, Pogba has scored a total of zero points.

User avatar
Tall Paul
Dumbledore
Posts: 5313
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:57

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Tall Paul » 10 Mar 2019, 18:33

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 18:31
In his last two games, Pogba has scored a total of zero points.
-1 if you captained him last week :oops:

User avatar
ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2650
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26
Location: going backwards...

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by ChrisD » 10 Mar 2019, 18:39

Of course Arsenal keep a clean sheet when I bench Kolasinac playing Man Utd, but concede when playing Huddersfield and Cardiff...brilliant

User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
Dumbledore
Posts: 9246
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Pirlo's Beard » 10 Mar 2019, 18:40

I was just checking the xG for the weekend's games on Understat, TP, and was interested to see Burnley scored twice from an xG of 0.47.

I expect Valeron will be along shortly. :wink:

User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
Dumbledore
Posts: 9246
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Pirlo's Beard » 10 Mar 2019, 18:51

Bonus

Firmino 3
Mané 2
Guðmundsson 1

Hazard 3
Jiménez 2
Jota 1

Xhaka 3
Leno 2
Aubameyang 1

hancockjr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4719
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 21:24
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.
Contact:

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by hancockjr » 10 Mar 2019, 18:55

I’m guessing a corner is pretty low xG

User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
Dumbledore
Posts: 9246
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Pirlo's Beard » 10 Mar 2019, 19:00

hancockjr wrote:
10 Mar 2019, 18:55
I’m guessing a corner is pretty low xG
Missed the first half, forgot that a corner kick went straight in. :lol:

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1072
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Stevieste » 10 Mar 2019, 21:18

52 points this week, with 19 coming from Bench boost, not sure why i even played it, but looks like saved my gameweek as my captain picks have been awful recently.

User avatar
incredible bulk
Cheetah
Posts: 4
Joined: 29 Aug 2018, 07:53

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by incredible bulk » 11 Mar 2019, 08:10

managed 89 points this week, would have been 102 but had fraser on the bench

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 7583
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Joccki_10 » 11 Mar 2019, 08:43

Just seen the first Liverpool goal. I think this has been the first time ever someone has been awarded an assist after two different opposition players got a touch.

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 11 Mar 2019, 08:59

Joccki_10 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 08:43
Just seen the first Liverpool goal. I think this has been the first time ever someone has been awarded an assist after two different opposition players got a touch.
Yet it was 100% assist according to FPL rules, because those touches didn't alter the intended destination of the ball.

User avatar
Stemania
FISO Knight
Posts: 19070
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 11:54
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 1,302nd. FFS Career HoF 58th (Live peak 4th). Somehow six consecutive FPL Top 10k's before losing all ability...

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Stemania » 11 Mar 2019, 12:16

The convention for as long as I can remember has been that if two defensive players touched the ball then it's no assist, even if the rules just plain haven't stated so either way. The rules have only described explicitely what happens if it hits one opposition player. This is the first time I can recall it happening with an assist being awarded after hitting two defs.

This year it seems they did muddy the waters as the rules now state that "should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded". So apparently they decided there was no defensive error and also threw out their old convention at the same time.

Aguero's assist would also never have been an assist in recent years; as by convention, if a defender played the ball against another player that was not deemed a 'deflection' but a deliberate clearance.

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 11 Mar 2019, 12:42

Stemania wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 12:16
The convention for as long as I can remember has been that if two defensive players touched the ball then it's no assist, even if the rules just plain haven't stated so either way. The rules have only described explicitely what happens if it hits one opposition player. This is the first time I can recall it happening with an assist being awarded after hitting two defs.

This year it seems they did muddy the waters as the rules now state that "should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded". So apparently they decided there was no defensive error and also threw out their old convention at the same time.
No Stemania, here is what the rules say:
If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded. Should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded. If the goal scorer loses and then regains possession, then no assist is awarded.
So according to this rule, it doesn't matter whether the ball touches one, two, three, four, or all eleven opposing players, as long as none of them alters the intended destination of the ball.

Basically you could just ask this: "Did an opposing player alter the intended destination of the ball?" The answer in this case is "No, an opposing player didn't alter the intended destination of the ball". The conclusion: it's a clear assist.

It's a clear assist according to the rules. Your extract of "defesive errors" is irrelevant in this case.

User avatar
Stemania
FISO Knight
Posts: 19070
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 11:54
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 1,302nd. FFS Career HoF 58th (Live peak 4th). Somehow six consecutive FPL Top 10k's before losing all ability...

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Stemania » 11 Mar 2019, 13:17

That is not how FPL have interpreted their own rule in the past.

User avatar
Stemania
FISO Knight
Posts: 19070
Joined: 27 Aug 2006, 11:54
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 1,302nd. FFS Career HoF 58th (Live peak 4th). Somehow six consecutive FPL Top 10k's before losing all ability...

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Stemania » 11 Mar 2019, 13:28

(I agree that if I did not know of FPLs previous interpretations that I would have awarded an assist for both as per the written rules)

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 11 Mar 2019, 13:31

Stemania wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 13:17
That is not how FPL have interpreted their own rule in the past.
Could you give me a precedent in which the ball touched at least two opposing players and none of them altered the intended destination of the ball? It's quite an unlikely event so I'm not sure if there are precedents available. It's what happened in this case anyway.

Stemania wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 13:28
(I agree that if I did not know of FPLs previous interpretations that I would have awarded an assist for both as per the written rules)
Okay, so we are already halfway to agreement! :lol:

User avatar
Tall Paul
Dumbledore
Posts: 5313
Joined: 27 Aug 2008, 12:57

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Tall Paul » 11 Mar 2019, 14:45

Finisher1 wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 12:42
Stemania wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 12:16
The convention for as long as I can remember has been that if two defensive players touched the ball then it's no assist, even if the rules just plain haven't stated so either way. The rules have only described explicitely what happens if it hits one opposition player. This is the first time I can recall it happening with an assist being awarded after hitting two defs.

This year it seems they did muddy the waters as the rules now state that "should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded". So apparently they decided there was no defensive error and also threw out their old convention at the same time.
No Stemania, here is what the rules say:
If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded. Should a touch by an opposing player be followed by a defensive error by another opposing outfield player then no assist will be awarded. If the goal scorer loses and then regains possession, then no assist is awarded.
So according to this rule, it doesn't matter whether the ball touches one, two, three, four, or all eleven opposing players, as long as none of them alters the intended destination of the ball.

Basically you could just ask this: "Did an opposing player alter the intended destination of the ball?" The answer in this case is "No, an opposing player didn't alter the intended destination of the ball". The conclusion: it's a clear assist.

It's a clear assist according to the rules. Your extract of "defesive errors" is irrelevant in this case.
Salah should probably have been awarded at least one more assist yesterday if that's how the rule is being interpreted.

Finisher1
Dumbledore
Posts: 6208
Joined: 05 Mar 2013, 10:10

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Finisher1 » 11 Mar 2019, 14:51

Tall Paul wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 14:45
Salah should probably have been awarded at least one more assist yesterday if that's how the rule is being interpreted.
I don't think so, he clearly didn't intend to pass the ball to his team mates in the second and third goal.

User avatar
brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2878
Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 14:41
Location: Gold Coast QLD
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by brencarr » 12 Mar 2019, 21:50

7-0 for City tonight, I thought we'd get through ok but not quite THAT ok.

Good luck Liverpool for tomorrow - I will be cheering you on :)

User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
Dumbledore
Posts: 9246
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Pirlo's Beard » 12 Mar 2019, 21:56

brencarr wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 21:50
7-0 for City tonight, I thought we'd get through ok but not quite THAT ok.
Sounds like Schalke took their league form into the Champions League.

User avatar
forestfan
FISO Knight
Posts: 15770
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:27
Location: Los Pollos Hermanos
FS Record: Joint 6th TFF Wooden Spoon!
FISO Goals: Score: 145 Position: 40

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by forestfan » 12 Mar 2019, 22:50

I guess Ronaldo (or “Juventus” as he’s calling himself this season) is now favourite again for a fourth straight Champions League.

User avatar
Smurphy's Paw
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3937
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 17:48
FS Record: 13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by Smurphy's Paw » 12 Mar 2019, 22:57

forestfan wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 22:50
I guess Ronaldo (or “Juventus” as he’s calling himself this season) is now favourite again for a fourth straight Champions League.
:lol:

User avatar
forestfan
FISO Knight
Posts: 15770
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:27
Location: Los Pollos Hermanos
FS Record: Joint 6th TFF Wooden Spoon!
FISO Goals: Score: 145 Position: 40

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by forestfan » 12 Mar 2019, 22:58

Zidane’s number one priority surely has to be getting him back in the summer?

User avatar
MoSe
Dumbledore
Posts: 9128
Joined: 10 Sep 2014, 12:25
Location: next door S.Siro stadium
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2018-19

Post by MoSe » 13 Mar 2019, 14:34

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 21:56
brencarr wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 21:50
7-0 for City tonight, I thought we'd get through ok but not quite THAT ok.
Sounds like Schalke took their league form into the Champions League.
club renamed to Schalke07

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajcairns, Bing [Bot], blades333, dellboy30, Exabot [Bot], From4corners, gchappie, Stemania, Sutter Kane and 11 guests