To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Richarlison - GW4 replacement poll added

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW4 replacement?

Poll ended at 30 Aug 2018, 23:16

Walcott
60%
Pedro
11%
Mkhitaryan
10%
Maddison
3%
Other
15%

Total votes: 145

MGPT
Treebeard

Richarlison - GW4 replacement poll added

Post by MGPT »

A move to Everton is virtually done and dusted- is the Brazilian a good option?

He was electric at the start of last year and Silva clearly loves him. Given a fee of 35-50m, he will surely start every game in the front 3. Everton's fixtures are great and Silva is an attacking manager.

At 6.5m he looks an absolute steal for me and will be straight in my team assuming the transfer goes through.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Richarlison

Post by blahblah »

Yep, same here and looks the total opposite of the same price bracket for Forwards. There seems to be a load of viable\realistic options in the 6-7m bracket.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

as somebody who has had an Everton attacker (Walcott, Siggy, Tosun, Lookman) in most of my drafts, I'm struggling to find reasons not to pick Richarlison.

Yes, he's wasteful, but he's clearly a big favourite of Silva, he will play every week , will be part of the front 3, awesome fixtures, and is at a price point where there are loads of options if it doesn't work.

Cheaper than Siggy and Tosun, not made of balsa wood like Walcott, more secure than Lookman, in terms of Everton attacking options he looks the best choice by far?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Niasse did well at Hull under Silva?

*sits back and watches after tossing in the grenade :lol:

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Gambit wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 14:18 in terms of Everton attacking options he looks the best choice by far?

Not sure I'd agree with that. In a choice between the clinical Tosun or the wasteful Richarlison, I'd choose the clincal Tosun every time.

That being said, I think Richarlison could do very well. He has a season of PL experience behind him now and he should kick on from here. I'm interested in all of RIcharlison, Tosun, and Walcott actually, but I'll probably adapt a watching brief re: Everton for the first few weeks and then look to bring in one of their attackers (and probably Coleman) around GW4.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That sort of tactic would force my WCd as I'm looking to drip the WC returners into my squad as they get minutes and show form.....
Last edited by blahblah on 21 Jul 2018, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 14:34
Gambit wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 14:18 in terms of Everton attacking options he looks the best choice by far?

Not sure I'd agree with that. In a choice between the clinical Tosun or the wasteful Richarlison, I'd choose the clincal Tosun every time.

That being said, I think Richarlison could do very well. He has a season of PL experience behind him now and he should kick on from here. I'm interested in all of RIcharlison, Tosun, and Walcott actually, but I'll probably adapt a watching brief re: Everton for the first few weeks and then look to bring in one of their attackers (and probably Coleman) around GW4.
Not sure I'd call Tosun clinical but I take your point.

Is he guaranteed to play every game though? ignoring the fact that Niasse has apparently looked much sharper so far in pre season, Everton are again linked with more strikers, could just be paper talk rubbish, but if they do sign another striker it would put huge question marks over Tosun.

Richarlison will play every week, and I think he will do very well.

I'd still like Siggy to be nailed in an attacking role though, he's a proven class act who can be FPL gold when at his best.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

MGPT wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 13:55 A move to Everton is virtually done and dusted- is the Brazilian a good option?

He was electric at the start of last year and Silva clearly loves him. Given a fee of 35-50m, he will surely start every game in the front 3. Everton's fixtures are great and Silva is an attacking manager.

At 6.5m he looks an absolute steal for me and will be straight in my team assuming the transfer goes through.
Same price as Walcott.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Virtually all his goals and assists came in the first 13 games... very little thereafter.

He started the season immediately off the back of his Brazilian season... so could be attributed to him being match sharp/fitter; could also explain him fading in the second half of the season.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Zimmerman wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 17:43 Virtually all his goals and assists came in the first 13 games... very little thereafter.

He started the season immediately off the back of his Brazilian season... so could be attributed to him being match sharp/fitter; could also explain him fading in the second half of the season.
Probably rubbish in the winter...

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Zimmerman wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 17:43 Virtually all his goals and assists came in the first 13 games... very little thereafter.

yes, he looked exhausted, there was always talk of him getting a rest, but just played and played, think they ran him into the ground

ppath
Wideboy

Post by ppath »

What are the thoughts on this guy now? Is he the best £6.5m out there or could you make a case for Jota / Pedro / Miliv/ Sess/ Mata (who looks like he is going to start the season at least)? Jota is the closest to him I think. Thoughts?

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

Richarlison < Jota. Source? Gut feeling

ppath
Wideboy

Post by ppath »

Panserjohan wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 16:15 Richarlison < Jota. Source? Gut feeling
Do you mean Richarlison > Jota ?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ppath wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 16:18
Panserjohan wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 16:15 Richarlison < Jota. Source? Gut feeling
Do you mean Richarlison > Jota ?
I don't think that's what he meant because he wrote the exact opposite :roll:

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Not getting sucked into this one unless he hits the ground running, remember what a terrible pick he was last year and how long it took to cut the cord.

Take a lot of shots yes but poor quality, crap on bonus and Everton look to be repeating the mistakes of last year with their buying, they have a lot of attackers now which smells of early subbings to me.

Far more excited by Jota and Wolves to see if they can carry their form into the PL, they are certainly acting the part.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Any news about his injury?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

No mention of it in the post match interview it seems.
Also he walked back on to the pitch at the end, and didn't go straight down the tunnel. Possibly cramp I'm guessing but will wait for further news from the Everton camp during the week.

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

I don't really know. He is a shocking finisher based on last season and seems to be a bit injury prone. Who knows. I'm going to wait 5-6 games and re-assess probably.

TheCrystalBall
Treebeard

Post by TheCrystalBall »

Facer has given a physio update on FFS, seems like nothing to worry about

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

FootballFanatic wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 19:26 I'm going to wait 5-6 games and re-assess probably.
I understand, but then you miss three of their next four fixtures at Goodison. Personally I think Richarlison can go on a run and score well, but again he may not.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

TheCrystalBall wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 19:35 Facer has given a physio update on FFS, seems like nothing to worry about
Great, I wasn't convinced by the kid originally, but grudgingly put in my team because he looked the best value for his price, didn't need an injury to him first GW.

FootballFanatic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by FootballFanatic »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 19:37
FootballFanatic wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 19:26 I'm going to wait 5-6 games and re-assess probably.
I understand, but then you miss three of their next four fixtures at Goodison. Personally I think Richarlison can go on a run and score well, but again he may not.
You might be right. Richarlison has a habit of missing a hatful of chances, that's what I'm most worried about despite the fixtures. I might put him in, will see how I feel before the deadline as I can take Milo out in a straight swap for Richarl

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

FootballFanatic wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 21:19
TheBigLewandowski wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 19:37
You might be right. Richarlison has a habit of missing a hatful of chances, that's what I'm most worried about despite the fixtures. I might put him in, will see how I feel before the deadline as I can take Milo out in a straight swap for Richarl
No you can't unless you have money in the bank because Richarlison's price will rise probably tonight.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

I'll buy him at 6.6 or 6.7, it's still cheap, watched the game and he wasn't especially great, Wolves got stage freight to me, will judge him against a more PL ready Southampton side and act on that.

Made the mistake of jumping on Mounie last season after a stunning start, the next few weeks were awful, rather wait a week then make the same mistake again, owned him last year so know exactly what he's like.

sukh0718
Wideboy

Post by sukh0718 »

Transfer Richarlison in.

He didn't play well last year @ Chelsea

but believe me

This year Richarlison will rock your socks off

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Impossible_United
FISOhead

Post by Impossible_United »

Richarlison is a quality player and a solid striker (proven the second goal last GW). By this price, and in an Everton side that looks really offensive, my question is Why not? He is just 21 years old, and had the first season on Premier League last year, he had to addapt to the ups and downs of the league. One year playing in PL made a huge difference for him. I even bet that he will be called to the National team later today for the Friendly games, but in this I might be wrong.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

He scores again!

Patrician
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ...bears no responsibility for bad points forecasts
FS Record: 2nd TFFE 2008, FPL 3 top 10k finishes

Post by Patrician »

The bandwagon is strong with this one.