To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Zaha/Tosun/Arnie poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Zaha/Tosun/Arnie

Zaha
31%
Tosun
17%
Arnie
27%
2/3
12%
Prem/Firm/4.5
3%
None
10%

Total votes: 250

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Zaha/Tosun/Arnie poll

Post by um09a2k »

From4corners wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 17:36
carver wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 17:13 He removed Crystal Palace from his Twitter and posted a cryptic tweet about a big change ...
To Borussia Dortmund, presumably.
Chelsea also linked which I reckon enhances his FPL potential albeit maybe reduced minutes.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Not if Eden and Willian go?

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

blahblah wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 20:21 Not if Eden and Willian go?
Willian looks like he's off to United now, deal apparently agreed.

A 7.0 forward in Sarri's team? Even if he gets the odd rest there's still a lot of value in that.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

um09a2k wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 20:39

A 7.0 forward in Sarri's team? Even if he gets the odd rest there's still a lot of value in that.
Is Martial part of the deal?

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

blahblah wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 21:06

I think that's what they're working on atm, but Utd don't want him to go to us. Martial at Chelsea could also be a great FPL option.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

um09a2k wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 21:37
blahblah wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 21:06

I think that's what they're working on atm, but Utd don't want him to go to us. Martial at Chelsea could also be a great FPL option.
That is why I asked :lol:

Klaren
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Klaren »

Arnie and Zaha. Both are great players and seem to be on form in the friendlies so far.

Tosun is not bad, but I'd much rather have Richarlison as an Everton attacking asset. Besides I don't rate him as much as Arnie or Zaha.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Arnie's opening fixtures makes it awkward to have him.

Zaha depends on if he stays or leaves Palace.

Tosun remains unknown and Marco Silva might prefer Niasse.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

cymbalrush84 wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 20:00 Arnie's opening fixtures makes it awkward to have him.
I was of this opinion too but then realised how well he did last season. He scored against big clubs too didn't he? He seems to be at the forefront of all West Ham's attacks, and even though it is pre season, surely he is bound to continue his recent form into the new season?

I'm thinking of going with Arnautovic, Zaha and Aubameyang up front, FWIW.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

I don't really fancy Palace's opening three games. Two away games with home to Liverpool in between. I'd rather take King with his fixtures and the 0.5 saving

ENEMY
Wideboy
FS Record: I have finished Top 10K in FPL in 16/17, inside 100K in 17/18, 3K in 18/19

Post by ENEMY »

Arnie is on form. Form over Fixtures is the nom in general. But I'd like to wait and get him after the rough fixtures. I'm currently on Morata!
Last edited by ENEMY on 30 Jul 2018, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Tempted to get both and no premiums to start the season

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Both if I'm going with a 3-4-3, or just one if it's a 3-5-2. Leaning towards Zaha rn because of fixtures

The Royal BlueNose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Average at best!

Post by The Royal BlueNose »

I do wonder if Zaha isn't going to pull a Mahrez and throw his toys out the parm at the last minute (sulking, transfer requests, the lot!)

I have in my team but will have little interest in keeping him if he goes to a Tottenham, the competition there and Poch's love of rotating will cause headaches. I'd love to be proven wrong and him to go there and be at Kane-levels of nailed on 11... but I just don't see it.

For what it's worth, his Twitter has "Crystal Palace" back in his bio and his profile and cover pictures are Palace ones.

rootcoors
FISOhead
FS Record: 21997

Post by rootcoors »

I've currently gone for both Zaha and Arnie, I think palace have great fixtures at the start of the season and I fully expect Zaha to be their main threat, he is a nightmare to tame when he is on form and coming on the back of a good end to the season, he seems to be on form in pre-season so I expect that to continue when the premier league kicks off.

Arnie on the other hand I think is more of a risk if you look at their fixtures, however he had a great season, has been playing well in pre-season and I think West Ham are building a good side based on their signings. They seem to be playing well together already, he will be their main goal threat so although West Ham might not keep many clean sheets in the first few weeks I do expect this man to still get a few goals, even in those difficult games.

For 7.0m I think they offer good returns value, allowing to keep a more balanced stronger team.

rootcoors
FISOhead
FS Record: 21997

Post by rootcoors »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 20:04
cymbalrush84 wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 20:00 Arnie's opening fixtures makes it awkward to have him.
I'm also on this at the moment. See above for comments on Arnie and Zaha, I've partnered them with Auba, as although the first two games are difficult I expect Arsenal to get a goal at home against City and it will likely be this man, I'm also anticipating an open game against Chelsea which hopefully will see some goals - the games afterwards should hopefully mean Auba is banging them in - he's also more nailed than Aguero.

NorthBankRedemption
Treebeard
FS Record: Dismal

Post by NorthBankRedemption »

rootcoors wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 15:41
TheBigLewandowski wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 20:04
I'm also on this at the moment. See above for comments on Arnie and Zaha, I've partnered them with Auba, as although the first two games are difficult I expect Arsenal to get a goal at home against City and it will likely be this man, I'm also anticipating an open game against Chelsea which hopefully will see some goals - the games afterwards should hopefully mean Auba is banging them in - he's also more nailed than Aguero.
I've got Arnautovic, Zaha and Lacazette right now...seems to be a good cheap way of getting quality starting players and allows me to put more into my midfield (Salah, KDB and Mane although I'm not sure about KDB GW1)

What I'm really wondering though is why Aubameyang has so much higher ownership than Lacazette but this is not the thread for that.

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I have Arnie & Zaha they both look like bargains

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I am avoiding them (admittedly things may change) as I sense some disillusionment with these 3.

Everton have looked very poor, apparently in pre-season and Tosun may not even start?
C Palace could be pants at the start of the season again, and he could be warming a bench somewhere. There have been a whack of oplayers arriving this week, and a few more are due, I believe.
Lilt Pea started up top today, so Arnie may not be a OOP as believed. Toss in a new manager, who is remodeling the formation and I assume style. How patient will the Home Crowd be this time round if it doesn't gel?

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

I agree there is an element of risk by that's the case with everyone at that price point don't you think?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not in midfield. Keita 7.5m; Pedro\Fab\Ross at 6-6.5m (one of the latter is a starter, maybe both if Kante goes); Mkh\Ramsey at 7 and 7.5m; and then there are the Jota's, Schurrle's etc

Imho: Mitrovic seems a safer pick than the 3 in this Poll re happy to be at Club, starting spot guaranteed etc

I have been pants early in the season for yonks, so trying to go risk free this season :?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

You talk about "being safe" Blah. Zaha and Arnie are as safe as they get, they're the best players in their team, sure starters and will get points regardless of their position, not bad for 7m a piece.

Hjuud
Kevin and Perry

Post by Hjuud »

blahblah wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 22:17 Not in midfield. Keita 7.5m; Pedro\Fab\Ross at 6-6.5m (one of the latter is a starter, maybe both if Kante goes); Mkh\Ramsey at 7 and 7.5m; and then there are the Jota's, Schurrle's etc

Imho: Mitrovic seems a safer pick than the 3 in this Poll re happy to be at Club, starting spot guaranteed etc

I have been pants early in the season for yonks, so trying to go risk free this season :?
I think that all of those midfielders that you mentioned are less or more risks. Keita, jota, schurrle (new league and/or new team), Pedro/fabregas/barkley/mkhi (are they sure starters?), ramsey (injuries). Not saying they are bad picks but they are not safer than zaha or arnautovic.

rsn80
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 1600

Post by rsn80 »

king

Gray

MiNiMaL_FuSS
Treebeard

Post by MiNiMaL_FuSS »

I think Gray is going to have a great season, he's looked excellent pre-season.

Arni looks good, but West ham look bad. Those early fixtures kill him for me, I'm expecting to pick him up after a price drop.

Zaha looks a better bet at the start of the season for me.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

blahblah wrote:I am avoiding them (admittedly things may change) as I sense some disillusionment with these 3.

Everton have looked very poor, apparently in pre-season and Tosun may not even start?
C Palace could be pants at the start of the season again, and he could be warming a bench somewhere. There have been a whack of oplayers arriving this week, and a few more are due, I believe.
Lilt Pea started up top today, so Arnie may not be a OOP as believed. Toss in a new manager, who is remodeling the formation and I assume style. How patient will the Home Crowd be this time round if it doesn't gel?
And if my aunt had balls etc etc

Who else you gonna pick

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mike1989
Treebeard

Post by Mike1989 »

The concern I have with the Bournemouth strikers is that they have Defoe, Wilson and King. Depending on how they line up they could end up rotating Wilson and Defoe if they play as a lead striker.

Zara and Annie are sure fire starters as long as they don’t have paddy and try to force a move away. One might argue that West Ham’s fixtures are tough but have Liverpool fixed their defence? Are Arsenal better at the back after conceding over fifty goals last season? I wouldn’t be concerned about the opening fixtures until week 6,7,9 which could be tough.

Alternative cheaper strikers could be:

- Charlie Austin 6m: if he’s the main striker for Southampton he could be worth a place as your third striker. He’s shown he can score at this level when healthy.
- Alexander Mitrovic 6.5m: scored a dozen goals in 18 appearances in the championship. As a third striker you could go worse since he should start and Fulham do play good football.
- Chris Wood 6.5m: good fixtures and should be their main striker in the premier league. 10 goals last year so at this price point he’s a solid third striker.
- Jiménez 5.5 or Bonatini 5: I’m not sure how Wolves have been lining up but Bonatini did score a dozen goals last season for them and they’ve brought in Jiménez. If one of them does start regularly there could be value here but these are probably one to watch.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Ashley Barnes better than all of and so far under everyone's radar hes re new Michu

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Mitrovic is a really interesting one. I think FPL have priced him slightly meanly as 6.0 would have seemed fairer in the landscape, but perhaps at that price he would have been too much of a standout.

There's likely still an argument about the equivalent defenders too.. can a Mitrovic hit 15 goals to start competing with the 6.0 defenders?

Ljdrox
Treebeard

Post by Ljdrox »

Screenshot_20180804-180722.jpg
Im going with this man.

Ljdrox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”