To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW37 Free Hit

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

GW37 Free Hit

Post by Billy Bongo »

Anyone else doing this

Not expecting this to be a big thread tbh, but I am, and have some ideas to discuss

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

firestarter197
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL 3,002 in 2011/12, 6,583 in 2017/18

Re: FH37

Post by firestarter197 »

Yes, I am. Didn't have a WC or TC coming up to GW 34, so went for BB34 and saving FH for 37. For GW35, I'll be able to field the following team with a -4:

Hennessey
Lowton VVD Bauer Otamendi/Walker (yet to decide whom to bring in)
Milivojevic Salah Sterling
Barnes Firmino Aubameyang

Think it is a reasonable starting 11, which won't lag that far behind from the GW35 free hit templates. Obviously, Ill be highly dependent on the likes of Salah and Firmino playing against WBA, as I wont have a bench to rely on.

For GW37, I really feel it could be a big week for free hitters, in terms of getting 11 doublers all from teams who have something to play for. Getting the city picks right would be critical. It is very much possible that there will be non-standard picks from City like Gundogan/Danilo/B Silva who could easily end up starting both games. Other players I have my eyes on:
Arnautovic - fantastic pick and one ignored by a lot of the GW32/33 wildcarders
Eriksen, Kane - will be essential for that week
J Ayew - great enabler, focal point for Swans and the fact he is on pens makes him a fantastic value pick for 37, to allow for 2 big hitter strikers next to him (e.g. Auba/Kane)
Auba - no brainer in my opinion, contributed every match so far for Arsenal with goals/assists, captaincy candidate up there with Kane

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

firestarter197 wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 14:11 Yes, I am. Didn't have a WC or TC coming up to GW 34, so went for BB34 and saving FH for 37. For GW35, I'll be able to field the following team with a -4:

Hennessey

Think it is a reasonable starting 11, which won't lag that far behind from the GW35 free hit templates. Obviously, Ill be highly dependent on the likes of Salah and Firmino playing against WBA, as I wont have a bench to rely on.

For GW37, I really feel it could be a big week for free hitters, in terms of getting 11 doublers all from teams who have something to play for. Getting the city picks right would be critical. It is very much possible that there will be non-standard picks from City like Gundogan/Danilo/B Silva who could easily end up starting both games. Other players I have my eyes on:
J Ayew - great enabler, focal point for Swans and the fact he is on pens makes him a fantastic value pick for 37, to allow for 2 big hitter strikers next to him (e.g. Auba/Kane)
Auba - no brainer in my opinion, contributed every match so far for Arsenal with goals/assists, captaincy candidate up there with Kane
Auba a no brainer, really?

Kane v West Brom / Newcastle
Jesus v Huddersfield / Brighton
Lukaku v Brighton / West Ham
Vardy v West Ham / Arsenal

I'd choose any of the above four above Aubameyang, Arsenal look so poor and he could be shunted out to the wing.

Their game against Burnley is just a few days after the second leg in Spain, if Arsenal spend all their energy in that game Burnley could easily turn them over.
If I was lucky enough to have a FH in DGW37 I'd be avoiding Arsenal players.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Already a high degree of similarity to my WC36/BB37 draft. So far that has x3 from each of City, Spurs and Swansea and a couple of Man U. Other usual suspects include Salah & Mili. I’ll need to find over a million in savings, so hoping that Jesus is confirmed (ie Aguero situation is clear one way or the other). All the usual rotation and end of season stuff to factor in as well, but good to have a rough idea

firestarter197
FISOhead

Post by firestarter197 »

Gambit wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 15:36
firestarter197 wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 14:11 Yes, I am. Didn't have a WC or TC coming up to GW 34, so went for BB34 and saving FH for 37. For GW35, I'll be able to field the following team with a -4:

Hennessey

Auba a no brainer, really?

Kane v West Brom / Newcastle
Jesus v Huddersfield / Brighton
Lukaku v Brighton / West Ham
Vardy v West Ham / Arsenal

I'd choose any of the above four above Aubameyang, Arsenal look so poor and he could be shunted out to the wing.

Their game against Burnley is just a few days after the second leg in Spain, if Arsenal spend all their energy in that game Burnley could easily turn them over.
If I was lucky enough to have a FH in DGW37 I'd be avoiding Arsenal players.
Look I think it depends on perspective here. Kane is locked in for everyone, I don't think that is at all under question, so Auba is realistically to be compared against Jesus/Lukaku/Vardy for the second big hitter slot (though Vardy could easily be the third striker also). Auba's a no brainer for managers who are looking for consistent returns (albeit with arguably lower point ceiling than some alternatives in the price range) and safety of starts from their big hitters - whom they will consider captaining. Leicester have been quite leaky at home as of late. The match against Burnley could easily turn out to be a direct contest for 6th and the motivation will be there. Also worth noting that in their last 3 home matches, Arsenal have scored 9 goals - of which Auba has scored 4 and assisted 1 and would have been 5 had he not let Laca take that pen. I think you have mentioned a number of valid alternatives and for me it really is a matter of perspective and risk appetite.

Jesus - Given Aguero's expected return ahead of the double GW, I don't think we will be at a stage where he is anywhere close to be being guaranteed to start both games, regardless of when City win the league. A fit Aguero starts the majority of games, simple as that. If he's fit, then you can't be sure of Jesus' minutes. And Jesus seems to be off pens (behind Aguero and now Gundogan it seems) so that does not really boost his appeal. Now, could he do enough damage in one game and a cameo in the second? Sure, it's possible, and the prospects of this may suit more risk-seeking managers.
Lukaku is up there with Auba in terms of security of starts, but what dents his appeal for me is his away form - something like 1 goal and assist in his last 6 away matches. Sure, brighton are a bit of a mess at the back but they will be pumped up for the game if their survival is still hanging. Same goes for west ham, who have already picked up some momentum.
Vardy is as consistent and nailed as they come, and for me if you are on a free hit and not concerned with your bench, you could probably afford to have him in your third slot, especially with value midfield picks like WIllian, Kennedy and Sterling/Sane in the mix for 37. I suppose if you don't cover Arsenal for the DGW by having Auba, then you don't really have any great Arsenal options in midfield, whereas you could have Mahrez for Leicester. Same goes for lukaku - you can maybe cover ManU through sanchez or pogba who have both matched, if not outperformed Lukaku as of late. Really depends on perspective here, whether you want to hedge across the big teams or take a or bank on just a few.

So I stand behind my view on Auba - in my opinion he is a no-brainer. But then I am more risk-averse and not particularly chasing any mini league leaders.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

I disagree re Auba being a lock, Wenger is chopping and changing his team, its not hard to imagine they continue to struggle.

I'm looking at bringing in Sterling Salah Jesus in 35 and 36, then just going all in on Spurs, plus any team playing for something.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Billy Bongo wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 19:57 I disagree re Auba being a lock, Wenger is chopping and changing his team, its not hard to imagine they continue to struggle.

I'm looking at bringing in Sterling Salah Jesus in 35 and 36, then just going all in on Spurs, plus any team playing for something.

that could be key for the remaining GW's, the worry is that for the first time in ages it looks like everything will be decided well before the end, which could be a nightmare when trying to predict line up's or even what kind of performance you are going to see.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Yeah just gotta go for dead certs like Zaha

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Rotation disease hitting twitter, already we have apocalyptic forcecasts for City playing kids, first game at home as champions

People need to get a grip

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

More risk of Jose making a point with some benching and enforced time off, I would have thought, after that toothless performance

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

FH 37

Post by Billy Bongo »

Not many of us about

Anyway im tripling Swansea defence, draw both games againt Bou amd Saints nil nil they are safe, unlikely but who knows

First draft ishImage

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: FH 37

Post by Sutter Kane »

Ye cheapish defence could be the way to go. Not sure about Lukaku though, DGW again seems a prime time for a rest though he scored from the bench recently. They may want a full strength team out in the final game to keep the players on it, with 6 days rest before the FA Cup final. So I'd estimate any rest to be in the second game of the DGW.

I may prefer J.Ayew to Rom and upgrade Pogba to Eriksen and get De Gea (As you'll have 4 Swans with Fabian Ski) with some cash left over to upgrade Stephens to Alonso/Azpilicueta, one of whom shouldn't get rested.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Great shouts, problem is there will be triple caps on Lukaku, i think he's needed to cover those

Will think on

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

HmmmImage

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Billy Bongo wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 11:16 Great shouts, problem is there will be triple caps on Lukaku, i think he's needed to cover those

Will think on

You only need to cover Lukaku if you think he will score well surely, (which presumably you don't think he will score that well as you are saying great shouts about getting rid of Lukaku and are only talking about cover being a reason to keep)?

So if you think he will score poorly, then let others triple captain him, they will be making a mistake right?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: GW37 Free Hit

Post by Billy Bongo »

I think Lukaku has been playing well and Sanchex is waking up , so i think Lukaku will do well

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Liking thisImage

firestarter197
FISOhead

Post by firestarter197 »