To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kane - Season Over?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Re: Kane - Season Over?

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

I agree with you on Kane, I won't be getting him back until I WC in 36, my next 3 transfers are pretty much Aubameyang, Son & Fabianksi (to take me to 34) Aguero is an interesting one though, not planning on getting him but not ruling him out.

Loads will WC next week now and think a lot will lock themselves out of getting both back so they would appeal on a 36 WC purely because they could be unpopular picks because they will be awkward to fit back in.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Ah, OK, GW36 wildcard was the bit I was missing. Hard to keep track of different people's plans. :roll:

Yeah, for those that wildcard soon, getting both in GW36 may be awkward. I really think Aguero will be unpickable by then is all, unless Jesus gets injured again or something.

The GK transfer interests me a fair bit. I like GKs in DGWs and will probably need 2 now Adrian has lost his place. :lol: Mat Ryan is one that interests me; cheap, makes a lot of saves and should have two DGWs. But all that can wait for the FAC results and the fixture announcements, it's not certain that all the games will go where we think they will.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

When Kane got injured last yet I got Alli eriksen and son in on wildcard and flew up he league . Considering similar but be a bit more expensive this season

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 03:52
ZeroRemorse wrote:Having good TV is always a positive.

It's really not. The season Leicester won the PL, TV was barely of any significance whatsoever.
That season was a complete anomaly lol, LEICESTER won the league.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

It can be argued that even in that season TV is a positive, still able to have better players in all positions, expensive GKs and defence, upgrades in MF, 2 premium forwards etc. It's not the most important thing to a squad, but it's always a positive as long as you're not crippling your team GW after GW trying to build it.

A good example now even with Kanes injury and saying TV isn't that strong of an asset to have is not true. For example, someone with higher TV can get Auba + Alonso instead of Auba + 5.5m.

Simply put, higher TV is always going to get you a better squad on paper as long as you use it correctly.
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 16 Mar 2018, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
ZeroRemorse wrote:Having good TV is always a positive except when there is an anomaly.
It's really not. The season Leicester won the PL, TV was barely of any significance whatsoever.
That season was a complete anomaly lol, LEICESTER won the league.

OK, adjusted the comments accordingly. :lol:

ZeroRemorse wrote:Simply put, higher TV is always going to get you a better squad on paper as long as you use it correctly.

TV can also tempt you to get Eriksen instead of Son. :lol:
Is there really that much difference in the points expectation of VVD and Robertson?
Higher TV can allow you the comfort blanket of more expensive players but under some conditions (of which the Leicester season was an example, and not just because of Leicester) that doesn't actually help you to get a better team.
If the squad you want doesn't require a huge TV then how does having the excess budget advantage you?
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 16 Mar 2018, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 16:09
ZeroRemorse wrote:Having good TV is always a positive except when there is an anomaly.

OK, adjusted the comments accordingly. :lol:
:lol:

But, even during that season, I found it handy from memory, my 4th and 5th defenders were 5M!! No bench warmers, full rotatable bench! It was a dream. Problem was, there were so many underperforming premiums that year too. The whole Chelsea team was untouchable in the first half of the season.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Problem was, there were so many underperforming premiums that year too. The whole Chelsea team was untouchable in the first half of the season.

Exactly that. That's what I mentioned before. And that's why I see the landscape moving in a similar direction now. Kane - the most expensive FPL player - injured, uncertain return date and probably not needed for FPL till GW36. Aguero - 2nd most expensive - injured and a huge rotation risk as soon as City clinch the PL if not before when Jesus is now fit again and the CL is a realistic target as well. Sanchez - 3rd most expensive - not settled at United and Mourinho saying they didn't learn how to accomodate him or best utilise him yet. Does anyone really want him either?

The reduced pressure at that end is actually the key element of what I was trying to say. :)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 16:09

ZeroRemorse wrote:Simply put, higher TV is always going to get you a better squad on paper as long as you use it correctly.

TV can also tempt you to get Eriksen instead of Son. :lol:
Is there really that much difference in the points expectation of VVD and Robertson?
Higher TV can allow you the comfort blanket of more expensive players but under some conditions (of which the Leicester season was an example, and not just because of Leicester) that doesn't actually help you to get a better team.
If the squad you want doesn't require a huge TV then how does having the excess budget advantage you?
I'm just using the simple logic that expensive players usually have more chance of outscoring cheaper players over the course of the season, the evidence is there in the market this season (and most seasons). The premiums do dominate the top spots in all categories, there are some underperforming premiums and those are the ones you do avoid, like Sanchez and Hazard a few seasons past. But a good majority of them have performed and the more you own the more chance you have of outscoring other managers.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I currently expect to bring back and TC Kane in GW37 - they're 3-0 up in the cup now, meaning two DGWs.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

I will probably just plan to leave cash for auba to Kane in 36. Salah likely running away with the golden boot though could dowse his motivation just a tad

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 16:25
ZeroRemorse wrote:Problem was, there were so many underperforming premiums that year too. The whole Chelsea team was untouchable in the first half of the season.

Exactly that. That's what I mentioned before. And that's why I see the landscape moving in a similar direction now. Kane - the most expensive FPL player - injured, uncertain return date and probably not needed for FPL till GW36. Aguero - 2nd most expensive - injured and a huge rotation risk as soon as City clinch the PL if not before when Jesus is now fit again and the CL is a realistic target as well. Sanchez - 3rd most expensive - not settled at United and Mourinho saying they didn't learn how to accomodate him or best utilise him yet. Does anyone really want him either?

The reduced pressure at that end is actually the key element of what I was trying to say. :)
Randomly quoted as agreeing with Ruth's principle....

My guess (ie no stats stuff) is that the expensive players, beyond the obvious few, do not top the points chart, and certainly not the PpM(pG) at the end of the season.

I know I'm not as good\geeky as loads on here, but have nailed the Lpool mids for the last 2 seasons simply by going for the cheap[est starter Lalla then Salah.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

blahblah wrote: 17 Mar 2018, 21:23
Randomly quoted as agreeing with Ruth's principle....

My guess (ie no stats stuff) is that the expensive players, beyond the obvious few, do not top the points chart, and certainly not the PpM(pG) at the end of the season.

I know I'm not as good\geeky as loads on here, but have nailed the Lpool mids for the last 2 seasons simply by going for the cheap[est starter Lalla then Salah.
Those are still premium players

I'm talking about having an extra 4 - 6m to spread around your squad or to upgrade a 4.5m-5m to a 10-11m player.

You can't tell me that doesn't make a difference to the quality of your squad, that's simply not true.

Sure if you blow your TV on an underperforming premium you're going to say that TV doesn't matter, but there will be other premiums in roughly the same price bracket scoring good.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

So now it seems Kane has an outside chance of playing this gameweek ?

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Apparently so. Looks tricky.

I am on wildcard with FH34 BB37 planned. I feel like this is even better news for the week 35 FHers who have no need to worry about his blank.

I am allowing for the possibility of getting him back quickly (a perhaps straight Arsenal / Spurs switch of Son to Ramsey and Auba to Kane) but I think I'm going to hope Aubameyang can out-score him in the 3 easy home games of 32, 33 and 35 whilst Kane has che - sto - [BLANK], if he is on the bench for the Chelsea game I only have to hide behind the sofa for one game. I can free hit Kane in for DGW 34.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

carver wrote: 29 Mar 2018, 18:00 So now it seems Kane has an outside chance of playing this gameweek ?
Apparently in the Spurs squad, today.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Can't believe his price has not fallen again before today! Shocking. Now watch his price go ballistic!

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

I'm just wondering with the likes of Vardy, Lukaku, Aubameyang, Morata (?) & now Kane back on the scene - will it signal a shift for quite a lot of managers from 3-5-2 to 3-4-3? All 5 strikers could end the season in hot form, and it could be difficult picking which three to go with.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Hopefully will get rewarded for holding on to Kane . Only 24% ownership and about 5% in top 10k I think

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

What an absolute joke his price didn’t drop this weekend. Price protection for a key asset yet again. They’ve had a shocker this season with salah and Kane cases being the glaring ones

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

carver wrote: 01 Apr 2018, 19:09Hopefully will get rewarded for holding on to Kane . Only 24% ownership and about 5% in top 10k I think
Not really, most people will have switched to Auba and kept the difference to switch back or from someone like Aguero/Firminho to Kane next week. All you've done is missed out on some points and gained a couple of quid which this late in the season is fairly useless.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Magic wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 09:23
carver wrote: 01 Apr 2018, 19:09Hopefully will get rewarded for holding on to Kane . Only 24% ownership and about 5% in top 10k I think
Not really, most people will have switched to Auba and kept the difference to switch back or from someone like Aguero/Firminho to Kane next week. All you've done is missed out on some points and gained a couple of quid which this late in the season is fairly useless.
He was supposed to be out for longer so have many really left the money for 1 transfer ?

Also who would do 2 goal Aubemyang -> rusty rat Kane this week

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

carver wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 10:15Also who would do 2 goal Aubemyang -> rusty rat Kane this week
No one with a brain.

Aguero/Firminho to Kane does make sense, though.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Mm... with DGW34 in mind what's the better option:

Eriksen & Firmino
or
Lingard & Kane (-4)?

Kane has the DGW34 but a blank in 35, so Firmino has same amount of games over 34&35.

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

gonna have to take gross out for matic or ibe to free up funds and get kane back in for aubameyang

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I'll get him in temporarily on FH34 and look to transfer him in permentantly in GW36 or 37 if he looks sharp.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”